ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapatalk is the platform, but the forum specifically is a forum for those with "Visual Snow" to discuss their condition. I spent a couple hours last night archiving his whole profile on wayback, and oh boy some of those posts are... sad. Here is the link to his profile if you're interested in clicking around. This one in particular really stood out to me.
MOO, IMO
View attachment 393905
Thank you for sharing this on here.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to attach images & I don't want my entire post removed, but there is a post on there dated March 12th 2011 & it is worth reading. I can see extreme anxiety and fixation, the depression and confusion that goes along with those & possibly a form of mental illness such as schizophrenia (early stages). We can throw in sociopathy if we want an easy out, but what is unique here, is that he seems open to documenting the changes he is experiencing and seeking out ways to reign them in. He was 15 when writing these posts? He seems to have been highly intelligent. Nature/Nurture comes into play where we can't say for sure how much of each contributed to the outcome we have today.

Last edited:
I was just about to say this. Sure, it’s sad that any young person has to experience things like this. But I’m just not connecting how this visual snow led to a brutal and planned attack in the middle of the night, in a mostly dark house. Those who were viciously attacked did not enter his world and then he responded. No, he chose them. He stalked them (IMO). He did this for months. His visual snow didn’t stop him from being successful academically. He was able to manage his day to day living, ADLs, and seemingly functioned in numerous ways. People are shocked and in disbelief suggesting they weren’t overly concerned that his mental wellbeing would eventually lead to this. He’s 28 now. He’s made it for a long while after he (if him) reported the way he was feeling so long ago. I just don’t think it led to this. Even if it did, my compassion is with Xana, Ethan, Maddie and Kaylee. What they went through is far worse than anything he has ever experienced/felt. He had a chance to tell someone about his extremely dark thoughts. They did not have an opportunity to stop this. I’m not at all being snarky as I get annoyed when I read snarky posts. I just felt compelled to say something as I am surprised at the recent compassion for the alleged killer. I get it because it is sad that he felt like that as a child. But he’s an adult now. A functioning adult that knows right from wrong. It worries me that someone on the jury could feel this way. All IMO and I may change my mind if things come forward that dispute my current understanding of all of this. Oh, I meant to say is violence common with this condition? I do not know a lot about it.
I don’t think VS justifyour es this heinous crime. But it may show his narcissistic sociopath where he has no feelings and views people as objects which can show that he could do this with ease and not have any feelings about what happened. It is like go to the bathroom without thought.

iirc, early on the police stated that they had not cleared the surviving roommates..they may have been treated as suspects initially (or having pertinent information about what happened).
Not sure if that's true. I'm not going along with DM withholding information to LE while waiting for advice from a lawyer. JMO.

I speculate that he may have been triggered by a humiliation that had nothing to do with his victims as individuals, but a humiliation that he associated with them in the abstract (i.e., as undergraduate students). I think he had selected his targets (either 1122 King or specific occupants of 1122 King) well before the trigger event, so the trigger event did not determine who he killed or why, but it did influence when he chose to act. (This is all just my hypothesis based on a possibly flawed understanding of BK's temperament and what motivated him).

The specific event I'll put forward as a potential trigger is the one described by WSU student Hayden Stinchfield in a NYPost article and interview:

Based on what I understand about BK--including the fact that he clearly identified as and wanted to be seen as intelligent--I believe the confrontational debate over BK's grading practices as described by Stinchfield would have caused BK acute humiliation. I believe BK has a rather authoritarian personality, meaning that he is inclined to show unquestioning obedience and respect to those in positions of power/authority while being strict or punitive towards subordinates. I think that when the (male) professor for whom he was a teaching assistant gave undergraduates the floor to openly critique BK's grading methods/practices, BK experienced a deep wound to his ego that he was not equipped to manage through his usual (limited) coping strategies. And, given his authoritarian mindset, he would not have blamed the professor but the undergraduates. I think he projected his rage at the undergraduate students at WSU onto the 1122 King residents (also undergraduate students) that he was already targeting for other (unknown) reasons. I think this event may have been the trigger that provoked BK to act when he did. (Unfortunately we do not have precise information about the timing of this event, but I would very much like to know when this occurred.)

In this hypothesis, it is BK's internal humiliation and rage, rather than external circumstances or the comings and goings of his victims, that really clinched the timing of the murders. And to be clear I think he would have attempted the murders regardless -- he had been fantasizing about them and planning them for a while.
obviously I do not know if this was a trigger for BK but I think he probably put a lot of time and effort into "grading"- writing long comments on papers, prior to this session and afterward, he just gave out "100s." I think, IMO, he felt that his efforts were totaly not appreciated, so he put in zero effort, IMO. Possibly his first TA work since his MA was through Zoom (?) and people in academia are always saying that teaching is not easy and first year TAs can be poor teachers, IMO. The student quoted above says that BK initially treated them like graduate students- expecting too much of them, so whatever he was doing was not appreciated; they all thought he was too harsh.

Last edited:
Definitions of empathy vs. compassion

<<Compassion and empathy both refer to a caring response to someone else’s distress. While empathy refers to an active sharing in the emotional experience of the other person, compassion adds to that emotional experience a desire to alleviate the person’s distress.>>

He could say the Keebler Elves placed the sheath at the murder site. But HE can't say any of these things if HE doesn't testify. And, hopefully, the jurors will exercise common sense and weigh the likelihood of any excuse, dismissing these fanciful stories as not reaching the threshold of reasonable doubt.
Just a thought...

He’s saying his eye color changed. I've known that hair color can change as one ages.
JMO, but by "darker eyes" I believe he means that he developed obvious/intense dark circles, not that his eye color actually changed. Stress and extreme weight loss can cause a sort of gaunt appearance, i.e. the eyes seem to sink in, and get "darker." Also he allegedly had sleep issues/insomnia, which would also cause intense dark circles. In many of his photos, both current and past, he appears to have varying degrees of dark circles, sometime very intense ones MOO, IMO, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, don't care one bit about his VS or his mental issues. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he did it anyway. He may have all sorts of head junk, but he isn't insane.

Same here, T

Life ain't fair.

It's not fair when a woman tries to divorce an abusive husband and he ends up blowing her away with a gun.

It's not fair when an innocent 8-year-old is raped by some sick pedophile.

And it wasn't fair that these four kids in Idaho had their lives snuffed out at 4 in the morning by some knife-wielding coward.

Perhaps it wasn't fair that this guy kohberger didn't get enough attention as a teen.

But life ain't fair, and if convicted, the depraved coward needs to pay the ultimate price.

No necessarily, the officer will most likely testify and he can easily clear up that and if D gets up on the stand she can say what exactly she did and when. It could be as simple as her saying "I got up looked at the clock and it was around 4:02 or 4:03." So the officer would write approximately 4am, which is not inaccurate and would not impact the trial or the testimony.
The reason I say it’s imperative is the right timeline. If he is on video driving at 4 04 exactly that means he couldn’t have been in house at 4

I agree. But see, I didn't grow up with that, and I have empathy for YOU, and what you had to go through being bullied. Lots of criminals grow up in horrific and abusive and neglectful situations. Doesn't mean the criminal adult is any less guilty, but I can empathize and feel sad for what he/she went through as a child.
I am seeking to understand what causes someone to become a killer. Many people go thru similar hardships but not all end up murdering people. What is different? I think it has to be a defect in the brain. I do believe they should be removed from society—preferably before they commit murder—but how do we know who will and won’t become a killer? There’s too many of them. There has to be some commonality. I’m not talking about robbers or jealous spouses—but the killing to make themselves feel better. They seem to be devoid of empathy. And live in a distorted reality. Meds for VSS include anti-seizure meds and anti-hallucinatory meds. VSS means you see white dots all the time—even when your eyes are closed and sometimes hallucinate as well—according to what I read. I’m just trying to understand the why in hopes of putting an end to it. In way over my head. Just my thoughts.

Definitely lacking both. I’m not sure if there is a definition for those 3 attributes combined but I see more of the total 3 lacking in murder cases. Strike. But there are no hard and fast rules regarding the profiles of murderers. We often see that anger is the base for most though. They are often described as smart because of their ability to convince people to believe they are harmless.

He had the capability to express himself on paper well on that forum at a young age. He also had the academic ability to carry him through his recent years of education.
Why then was he careless in not leaving clues? Experience, adrenaline?

I have wondered if he is ok with being caught because he accomplished what he planned to do. Bravo, he showed them and he will be famous for it. Happy with his end goal regardless of where that lands him? That in itself is a lack of social awareness and intelligence. He has no experience with prison life so how can he be ok with it in exchange for accomplishing his goal?
Along with emotional intelligence, social intelligence and academic intelligence is there such a thing as Athletic Intelligence. I read somewhere that BK was into boxing. Reason for broken nose.??? Boxing if you can call it a sport is an individual athletic sport, mono o mono. Does anyone know if there has been any studies of these type of killers and backgrounds with team vs individual/no sports in their youth and upbringing?

Okay, so, I'm going to post this, since an Admin posted that it's now allowed. I wanted to post a more direct source but I was advised that source is (still) off limits. However, I found a discussion on Reddit about the very thing so here it goes....

DM and another MSM have broken stories about suspecting BK participating in discussions under a pseudonym of PR. I have several comments and seen screenshots of posts made by this PR and, though they're creepy, there's 1 in particular that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was one about the knife sheath. 4 weeks prior to the PCA becoming public. This person had stated the sheath was left at the scene. There was argument back and forth about it with others claiming it was far fetched, etc but the OP kept insisting and would not back down. I cannot come up with any reason why anybody, but the killer, would have known this prior to the PDA, which is specifically why I wanted to discuss it here. For the love of chocolate ice cream, can anyone here think of a viable reason why someone would throw that out there 4 weeks prior to it becoming public??

Here are a couple of the screenshotsView attachment 393971View attachment 393972

and here is the source & discussion on it:
When LE started asking about a Kabar style knife quite literally immediately that’s when it crossed my mind, how would they know that specific before even an autopsy? Maybe they found the cover for it? I also saw a few posters on here suggest it. So it’s not that far fetched really. IMO

Yeah and if he gets death row, he would most likely get some crazed person that marries death row inmates.

Yes,and I’m inclined to think he has thought about that with a degree of further fabrication of a false sense of reality.

If there was enough light to identify bushy eyebrows, mask height and build, one would think you would see a big totally bloodied knife unsheathed and bloodied person after 4 murders some that fought back.

Would definitely be blood on floors and other places you eould think

If it's the vigil video I saw previously, I slowed it down and thought I could see wire glasses frames on the man's face too.
That person bears no resemblance to BK-- none- nada zip- but even if he resembled him, there is no proof it is- so the article is another example of rumors and irresponsible journalism for click bait. I wonder what that person thinks now that his photo has been shown all over the world as a potential killer

Bathroom doors were specifically pointed out. Seems maybe that means something.

Maybe he washed knife off in bathroom.

In cold houses pipes can make a loud thud when water is turned on and pressure relieved.

The red coming down from pipe outside wall maybe carried whatever was washed off of weapon.

It’s a reach but…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member