ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Could be something as diminutive as a low wattage “nightlight” in one of the lower kitchen wall sockets. I’m thinking that she probably ate her food in her bedroom, even as Ethan fell asleep on the bed. One can easily navigate a phone and eat some food without turning on any other light (I’ve done this myself!).

If there were any light turned on in the kitchen it would have more than likely illuminated DM as BK walked past. I do not believe any “light” was on in the kitchen at the time BK exited. Z may have even had her phone’s flashlight mode engaged as she navigated her quick route to the kitchen and back.

I believe she ran across him as she was returning to her bedroom (after dropping off her food bag now containing her trash and wrappers) in the kitchen. She heard him, and ran for her room speaking aloud the words which DM thought K had uttered. He launched his assault at the threshold of her bedroom, before gaining entrance and killing both of them inside the room.

It’s agonizing to think of what she may have experienced before being killed. Her existence “interrupted” by a killer intent on death and destruction. One moment she was on tik tok. The next she was fighting for her life next to Ethan (who was nightmarishly roused from his sleep when he was attacked). Make every moment count. Because…they really do. JMOO
As far as the lighting issue goes, I often get up on the middle of the night and wander around the house without turning on lights. There is typically enough ambient light from things like street lights, digital oven clock, my cell phone, etc... I also remember seeing twinkle lights and neon signs around the house and not sure some of those might not have been left on as well.
"The father of accused killer Bryan Kohberger was spotted cleaning up debris and shattered glass left on the family's Pennsylvania property a week after their son's dramatic arrest at their home."

With respect, I know we are all on pins and needles looking for any info we can, but this seems to be such an invasion of privacy. The poor man is just trying to clean up the mess from his house on the worst night of his life and camera people are hiding in the bushes taking pictures. He probably can't afford to even hire someone to do it, or can't find someone willing to come out to that address. I know I am a ninny, but I often have sympathy for the innocent families of killers as well, unless they are somehow shown to be involved.

As far as the lighting issue goes, I often get up on the middle of the night and wander around the house without turning on lights. There is typically enough ambient light from things like street lights, digital oven clock, my cell phone, etc... I also remember seeing twinkle lights and neon signs around the house and not sure some of those might not have been left on as well.

With respect, I know we are all on pins and needles looking for any info we can, but this seems to be such an invasion of privacy. The poor man is just trying to clean up the mess from his house on the worst night of his life and camera people are hiding in the bushes taking pictures. He probably can't afford to even hire someone to do it, or can't find someone willing to come out to that address. I know I am a ninny, but I often have sympathy for the innocent families of killers as well, unless they are somehow shown to be involved.
Absolutely agree!

It did seem odd that BK was given a citation for not wearing a seat belt in the first place, and to be pulled over around midnight when it was dark for something like that.

"It is not clear what Mr Kohberger was doing in the area at the time – just 1.7 miles and a five-minute drive from the home on King Road where Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were stabbed to death on 13 November after returning from a night out.'

Bryan Kohberger was stopped by police minutes from Idaho murders home in August

Maybe LE had seen his car driving around late at night (more than once?) since he arrived in town in August (BK's seat belt violation was August 21, 2022 -- see link above), or idling, or some vehicle behavior that wasn't similar to a local coming and going directly from point A to point B, and added to that he had OOS license plates, so they pulled him over to see what he was up to.

Idaho state law on seat belt use indicates someone can not be pulled over just for a missing seat belt, though:

"CHAPTER 6
RULES OF THE ROAD
49-673. SAFETY RESTRAINT USE. (1) Except as provided in section 49-672, Idaho Code, and subsection (2) of this section, each occupant of a motor vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight of not more than eight thousand (8,000) pounds, and that was manufactured with safety restraints in compliance with federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 208, shall have a safety restraint properly fastened about the occupant’s body at all times when the vehicle is in motion.

... [...] ...

BBM:
(5) Enforcement of this section by law enforcement officers may be accomplished only as a secondary action when the operator of the motor vehicle has been detained for a suspected violation of another law."

Section 49-673 – Idaho State Legislature

So LE must have suspected BK of some violation of another law.

IMO:

I wonder if LE gave him the ticket (instead of a warning?) to document his vehicle's presence & so he would get the hint that his presence in the area late at night 10 miles from his home in a neighboring town was being noted.

Because they could not prove he had "violated another law" which was the underlying reason for pulling him over and giving him the seat belt citation.

LE in his own town of Pullman must have known of him (BK's LE internship request was within a few weeks or months of the seat belt violation -- see link below) since:

"He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.

"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states."

BBM: "Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states."

IMO "Wouldn't He Just"... ...be "interested" in this! ^^^^^^^^^^^ IMO

I wonder if it (BK's proposed work under the proposed internship) would have given him access to their data, and LE was like, "thanks but no thanks", and his credentials did not indicate his assistance was warranted or welcome. JMO

Idaho murders: Bryan Kohberger applied for internship at Pullman Police Department in fall 2022

Maybe local LE's hinky meters were up about BK from their initial interaction at the time of the seat belt citation, which was the same month (August) he arrived in town, or even before. It hasn't been clear IMO whether his cell phone pinged in Moscow between June when he bought it & August when he moved there.

But he could have come out to ID to scope things out for his move prior to August. In the press conference on December 30, 2022 in PA after BK had been arrested there, and all the different LE representatives spoke about the investigation, 1st Assistant DA Mancuso said (at about the 10 minute 22 second point in the video) something along the lines of LE there in PA looking into any back ground on BK's activities in PA both after & prior to the murders.

Watch: Pennsylvania State Police news conference on Bryan Kohberger arrest in Idaho murders

Presumably, they're trying to suss out what BK's activities/movements were for the months leading up to the crimes that he may have been in the area or back in PA between:

June when he buys the cell phone that later pings around the victims' home and
November when the murders were committed

JMO

If BK maintains the KA-BAR knife was stolen, does this become a circumstantial case? Yes, his car has been caught in the area on several occasions, but he might find some way to explain that away. Perhaps he could say he left his phone in the car (hence the tracking) and the knife in the car, and someone kept "borrowing" the car. I am wondering if there is any other DNA evidence that would tie him to the crime scene ...
He would have to provide proof that that someone is real living person. I'm going to guess that person doesn't exist. Imo
I see many posts discussing how long it took BK to kill everyone. Not to sound morbid, but I don't think it is that difficult if a person is sleeping and caught by surprise. To kill and incapacitate someone immediately, cutting the throat would make the most sense, especially if someone planned and researched ahead of time.

So sneak upstairs to kill one of the girls (surprise-both in the same bed) slit ones throat perhaps woke the other one up and was able to quickly slit the others throat.

Went to leave and realized someone was up, moving around (X.) Went through the house to her BR and there was some sort of struggle with X, confusion by E just getting woken up. (Who was it that had the worst wounds?) So he would have definitely had more of a struggle with X and E.

Question - is there any information as to whether or not the 3rd Floor bedroom door was locked and broken into?
Imo, it would only take a few seconds per person to inflict fatal stab wounds. That is exactly what happened to a dear friend who died. It was so fast witnesses thought the killer was just punching my friend.

Also, to add and just bouncing off your post, all someone has to do is aim for the upper body. So many important arteries and to and from the heart and brain. This is why LE wears vests that cover their upper body. Imo

Now that all the friends, ex-boyfriends, hoodie wearers, bartenders, roommates and all the good folks are truly cleared and the monster most likely to have committed this heinous crime is in jail.

Does anyone still wonder what "everything" was that Maddie told Adam?

Last edited:
"The father of accused killer Bryan Kohberger was spotted cleaning up debris and shattered glass left on the family's Pennsylvania property a week after their son's dramatic arrest at their home."

Not news. The man's son is in custody for 4 murders. His house has been raided and trashed. His personal anonymity has been compromised. His right to privacy is shot. Not news. He's trying to repair his house, his life, his soul. Not the situation a retired man wished for himself and his wife.
Leave him alone.

I agree, and what a great dad. I wish I had a father that would fly clear across the country to ride with me clear back across the country to spend the holidays together.
My heart aches for those parents, and I wish I could help him clean up. :(

Not news. The man's son is in custody for 4 murders. His house has been raided and trashed. His personal anonymity has been compromised. His right to privacy is shot. Not news. He's trying to repair his house, his life, his soul. Not the situation a retired man wished for himself and his wife.
Leave him alone.
It's sad his son put the whole family in this situation.

Leave him alone.
This should be a message to his son.

Alleged murderer.

It is him who brought this infamy to his own family and family home.

And unspeakable hearthache to other families.

JMO

I’m thinking there “is” more evidence forthcoming at trial. The evidence in the arrest warrant and affidavit reflect the necessary standard to apply such a charge. No investigative or prosecutorial team will divulge everything in their possession in such a manner. Even BK doesn’t know what they know, or WHAT else they may have. JMOO
oh most certainly there is evidence that LE/prosecution have that was not in the PCA. But they will have to start disclosing that to the defense. DK knew he had lost the sheath, though he probably didn't know for sure where. He knew he probably left bloody foot prints, so the shoes are gone.

I agree that I don't find the timeline very hard to believe. It seems quite likely that 3 of the 4 victims were sleeping when they were attacked--whether or not they woke up during the attacks is less clear--but that's going to take much less time than attacking 4 people who were wide awake.

The only information we have on severity of wounds is from SG, who mainly claimed his daughter's wounds were different from M's, though he also claimed that a "battle" took place downstairs where X and E were killed. I found it hard to extrapolate whose wounds were worse from that information, but I do think X's dad's comments about her having defensive wounds and her potentially fighting back are quite likely since she was clearly wide awake right before the attack. MOOI can't comprehend what would generate that much anger that had not manifest before.

IMO it's not a stretch to be able to murder 4 unexacting victims. Living in a house with 5-6 roommates would make you somewhat oblivious to a level of sound and commotion. I kind of look at it as what would he have done between killing victims. 1 Minute is an eternity in a situation like this.

I think the level intensity came from killing K and M and then discovering X and E and spotted him.

IMO the sequence is likely
- Went to attack K or M. IMO the motive may have been murder, however, could have been sexual assault or kidnapping.
- K and M were unexpectedly in the same room. Ended up killing both.
- X had some lights on, having DD meal and discovered him at some point.
- X may have run to room with E. E if woken may have not been able to comprehend. Wounded have matters, BK being 185 and 6'2 with a large knife would be a force.

I wonder if BK walking past D was for one of these reasons.
- Didn't see her, could be if focused on the back door
- Was somewhat is shock himself after killing 4 people, if he intended on attack or at most killing one.
- Realized there were more people in the house (may have not expected E&X) and now there more are appearing. He just needed to escape now. D or someone may have called 911.
---- IMO he may have not set out to kill 4, the odds of being stopped and caught/discovered go up with each number. IMO if he was out to be famous, he would have killed one and then the typical serial killer cat and mouse of who is next.

Creepy journalism, makes me sick.
The broken glass as symbol of his life now.
They do include a map of the drive which I find useful.

oh most certainly there is evidence that LE/prosecution have that was not in the PCA. But they will have to start disclosing that to the defense. DK knew he had lost the sheath, though he probably didn't know for sure where. He knew he probably left bloody foot prints, so the shoes are gone.

I agree, however, I don't think we will see a lot of evidence until trial. They seem to have a handle on not leaking data, and if there is a gag order prosecution is not going to make mistakes.

This should be a message to his son.

Alleged murderer.

It is him who brought this infamy to his own family and family home.

And unspeakable hearthache to other families.

JMO
That might prove to be the case. But there is nothing to show that the mother and father have done anything wrong and that they are anything other than victims as well. Until that that is shown, they should be treated as victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam