ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that the timeline is rather tight to start with, I hate to have to allow time for BK to move the dog around, when it’s not necessary.

And I think it’s not necessary. I think it makes sense that Kaylee put the dog to bed for the night, in her bedroom. Then she settled down with Maddie, to talk about the evening, who told what to whom. Kaylee determinedly tried to call her ex; she asked Maddie to try, to see if he’d answer HER, then Kaylee phoned him a few more times, and then they both drifted off to sleep, maybe sometime near 3:00 am.

All this entirely my speculation
Your post made me realize how we really don't know many facts about the period between the time they all got home to when they all went to bed, other than the reported phone calls to the ex. The AA only says that they were all asleep or at least in their rooms by 4am. I would like to learn more about what occurred during the 2-4 time period. JMO

Considering that the timeline is rather tight to start with, I hate to have to allow time for BK to move the dog around, when it’s not necessary.

And I think it’s not necessary. I think it makes sense that Kaylee put the dog to bed for the night, in her bedroom. Then she settled down with Maddie, to talk about the evening, who told what to whom. Kaylee determinedly tried to call her ex; she asked Maddie to try, to see if he’d answer HER, then Kaylee phoned him a few more times, and then they both drifted off to sleep, maybe sometime near 3:00 am.

All this entirely my speculation
Agree. Not much time to fool around with a dog, and still get the job done efficiently. BK was much too focused on the killings.

Negative, the PCA specifies the building, it is 1112 King Road. This house:
9751b54a6d5ed3134e0cb94a8f76381b-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.webp
Thank you! I stand corrected as I overlooked it due to the similarity to 1122 King Rd! I don't understand then, because if on the opposite side of the house from X's bedroom, how can they be sure where the noise is coming from within that house, and why emphasize the less than 50 feet from X's bedroom wall? I must be missing something.

So the camera that caught the thud and dog barking was less than 50 feet from X's bedroom wall, per the PCA. That would be at the apartment building, correct? 500 Queen St? I've seen it posted about one of the nearby houses, but no houses were less than 50 feet from X's bedroom wall. Not that it matters, but basically all that is between that apartment building and X's wall is the narrow road into the apartment complex. I think the thud at 4:17 was almost certainly X or E, due to the proximity and timing. The dog barking could be any dog from nearby that heard the thud. So from that wall we have voices/whimpering, a thud, possible blood dripping down the outside wall (I know, I know, it could be heating oil, but even the coroner said she thought it was blood), SG saying the coroner described a real battle going on in that room, two bodies in or about that room, X by the door and no mention of where E's body was, with BK allegedly pulling out at 4:20.

I just don't think there was enough time for him to then go upstairs and kill two more people, come back down, go back towards X's room for some reason, then head back out in time for DM to see him walking towards her and out the sliding door. Not to mention that the sheath stayed in his pocket during the downstairs battle but fell out on M's bed?

IMO, the 3rd floor had to be first.
I'm right there with ya. JMO

Because that's the exact time the dog started barking; he was upstairs, and his owner was upstairs. It makes no sense to me for Murphy to remain silent while the killer was butchering his owner and her bff only to start barking later when he was downstairs butchering other people.
The PCA doesn't say it was Murphy. It said "a dog". If they knew it was Murphy they would have stated that. JMO

Seems, from your linked article, that they are expecting a plea this week.

"Kohberger will return to court for a pretrial hearing on January 12, where he will plea to the charges against him."
He’s not allowed to enter a plea yet. He will be bound over to District Court first.

https://twitter.com/priscillawfmz/status/1611040375031857152?s=61&t=W-wKzMXaRls8I2S5anxHnA

Just my own non-legal opinion--
-Can he really be unaware that touching a girl he just met makes her uncomfortable ?
-Does he just turn off short-term memory, or recall, that he touched the shoulders of his Tinder date?
-If he could see an 'Instant Replay" of rubbing her shoulders, what would he say?
- "you mean THAT? That's offensive??" or
- "You're making that up. I never did that."

Either way, some faulty wiring inside BK? JMO.
Gaslighting. I wonder where he learned it or if he's just special that way.

I find his rude remark about her having birthing hips to be more off-putting than his denial of reality. She wouldn't put out so he tries to humiliate her?

He's twisted in all kinds of ways - I'm thinking biological, neurological, pathological (can't think of any more -cals but I'm sure one of you can).

I sure hope he doesn't have other crime victims in his past but I'm not betting no on that.

JMO

I was mistaken. The address was actually listed in the PCA, as @layer pointed out, so it was the house. The measurement doesn't make sense to me now. It's more like the house is 50 feet from DM's room, or K's room. Sigh. :/
It's all good. I went back and checked the PCA, it specifies "a security camera located at I 112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1122 King Road". Street view currently blurred out, so no idea where they had the camera mounted - but again just for reference, here's a 54 foot measurement.

1673394810540.png

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

3h ago

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

The lawyer for the family of Kaylee Goncalves says suspect Bryan Kohberger has no connection to any of the four students he is accused of murdering. Kohberger is facing the death penalty on four counts of first degree murder. He denies the charges, despite DNA from the scene matching a sample taken from his house, and says he will prove his innocence in court. While police have laid out some of their evidence against him, no motive for the killings has yet been suggested
Here's the full interview that the DM is referencing:

It's all good. I went back and checked the PCA, it specifies "a security camera located at I 112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1122 King Road". Street view currently blurred out, so no idea where they had the camera mounted - but again just for reference, here's a 54 foot measurement.
I don't have your graphics prowess, but this (my crude red line) is the line/distance in question.

1673393545292.jpg

Last edited:

Idaho Murder Suspect Spoke About Slain Students During Extradition: 'It's Really Sad What Happened to Them'​

Bryan Kohberger has largely remained silent after he was charged with killing four University of Idaho students, but he made small talk with officers while he was being extradited from his home in Pennsylvania and then booked into the Latah County Jail.

"He seemed really nervous," a police source who was involved in the process tells PEOPLE. "He was narrating to himself everything that was happening. At one point, he was saying something to himself like 'I'm fine, this is okay.' Like he was reassuring himself that this whole thing wasn't awful."

Wowsa. The gaslighting part is creepy as heck. Does this guy really not remember what he's just done with his hands?

The Brewery incident is similar, in that he either has forgotten his past behavior or is, once again, gaslighting.
SO creepy! Do scientists ever study the brains of deceased serial and thrill killers? I ask because I have a family member who just always seemed a little off. He lived a normal life, but there was just something not quite right. When he was a young adult he was in a car accident and had to undergo brain surgery. During that surgery they found that part of his brain hadn’t developed properly, and it was an aha moment for all of us. (I don’t know specifics about what part of the brain or anything).
This kind of denial/gaslighting and complete lack of understanding social cues just makes me wonder what the heck is going on in that brain! I know that’s the million dollar question, and nobody knows. I am just curious if studying brains of these monsters is a thing that is done.
As an aside, I just learned recently there is a way to donate your brain for research, but you have to actively set it up while still alive b/c it has to be harvested immediately and it’s not included in regular organ donation that you sign up for. I am planning to do that because I have migraine disease. They need healthy brains as well as ones w/neurological disease. Just FYI for everyone.

Ok here goes. First impressions from the arrest affidavit:
1. Killings only took place in two bedrooms: 3rd floor bedroom, two roommates were in the same bed; 2nd floor bedroom had roommate and boyfriend. Maybe only planned to kill 2 people?

2. DM’s bedroom was on 2nd floor, and she encountered the killer face to face. She’s very lucky to be alive.

3. BF’s bedroom was on 1st floor and she perhaps slept through the attacks.

4. When DM heard Gonclaves playing with her dog at 4:00, it was probably while Gonclaves and Mogen were being attacked. They were likely killed while they slept, as no screams or cries were heard.

5. kernodle received a door dash at 4:00 and was on TikTok until 4:12 - the killer might have already started the attacks on Goncalves and Mogen when Kernoble picked up her door dash meal. Creepy! Kernoble was certainly awake when she was attacked; her boyfriend could have been awake or asleep. Alternatively, the attacks could have started just after door dash, and DM’s timing of events was a few minutes off.

6. When DM heard roommate say “someone is here” - my guess is it was Kernodle, who was trying to alert her boyfriend. Killer had already killed Goncalves and Mogen and had just entered Kernodle’s bedroom. First time DM opened her door.

7. When DM heard cries from Kernodle’s room, she opened door for 2nd time. Attack of Kernodle and Chaplin was in progress.

8. After hearing Kernodle crying and male voice saying “I’m going to help you” she opened door a third time and saw killer - he was apparently just coming out of Kernoble’s room, having just killed Kernoble and Chaplin. Maybe he was too exhausted to continue killing remaining roommates?

9. Police did a fantastic job tracking down the suspect vehicle and the suspect and matching his DNA. Nothing really to add.

10. Killer cased the house several times in the weeks before the murders and visited the crime scene the next morning. I do not believe killer had any connection to victims other than he selected them as targets.

11. IMO. The only motive here is thrill kill and to try to get away with a mass murder. I think these were his first murders, but he’s likely been fantasizing about it for years.

12. I think he’ll be convicted pretty easily and given the death penalty.

I’ll write more if I think of anything else. Just my thoughts on the affidavit.
Thank you so much for your thoughts on the affidavit. Your comments are quite helpful. And, I'm relieved that you think that he'll be convicted fairly easily.

BCK saying “I’m going to help you” and then further slashing/stabbing Kernoble is absolutely horrific. Especially disturbing since I believe the BTK killer in Kansas also used these words immediately prior to finishing his murder of at least one victim.

Calling his motive a "thrill kill" seems a perfect way to describe this horrible mass murder. I also believe that he has been fantasizing for years about committing a gruesome, horrific mass murder.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the affidavit.

You mean M's bedroom?
If I'm not mistaken, and now I'm not sure about anything anymore, but M's room was above X's room, both of which would have been on the east side of the house, right? Ugh. My head hurts again.

My interpretation of the PCA is in how it is chronologically written. DM hears crying and a male voice saying "It's okay, I'm going to help you," then the camera captures whimpering, a thud, dog barking, and I'm going to speculate that camera footage is being used in place of what DM might have heard, because it then says DM "opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying," and then saw him leaving. So I think 4:17 is most likely when either X or E was attacked and/or killed, and I think most likely DM heard what was described on the camera, but it didn't need to be in the PCA because LE had something better than a witness statement for that part, they had camera audio. Just a thought.

Ok here goes. First impressions from the arrest affidavit:
1. Killings only took place in two bedrooms: 3rd floor bedroom, two roommates were in the same bed; 2nd floor bedroom had roommate and boyfriend. Maybe only planned to kill 2 people?

2. DM’s bedroom was on 2nd floor, and she encountered the killer face to face. She’s very lucky to be alive.

3. BF’s bedroom was on 1st floor and she perhaps slept through the attacks.

4. When DM heard Gonclaves playing with her dog at 4:00, it was probably while Gonclaves and Mogen were being attacked. They were likely killed while they slept, as no screams or cries were heard.

5. kernodle received a door dash at 4:00 and was on TikTok until 4:12 - the killer might have already started the attacks on Goncalves and Mogen when Kernoble picked up her door dash meal. Creepy! Kernoble was certainly awake when she was attacked; her boyfriend could have been awake or asleep. Alternatively, the attacks could have started just after door dash, and DM’s timing of events was a few minutes off.

6. When DM heard roommate say “someone is here” - my guess is it was Kernodle, who was trying to alert her boyfriend. Killer had already killed Goncalves and Mogen and had just entered Kernodle’s bedroom. First time DM opened her door.

7. When DM heard cries from Kernodle’s room, she opened door for 2nd time. Attack of Kernodle and Chaplin was in progress.

8. After hearing Kernodle crying and male voice saying “I’m going to help you” she opened door a third time and saw killer - he was apparently just coming out of Kernoble’s room, having just killed Kernoble and Chaplin. Maybe he was too exhausted to continue killing remaining roommates?

9. Police did a fantastic job tracking down the suspect vehicle and the suspect and matching his DNA. Nothing really to add.

10. Killer cased the house several times in the weeks before the murders and visited the crime scene the next morning. I do not believe killer had any connection to victims other than he selected them as targets.

11. IMO. The only motive here is thrill kill and to try to get away with a mass murder. I think these were his first murders, but he’s likely been fantasizing about it for years.

12. I think he’ll be convicted pretty easily and given the death penalty.

I’ll write more if I think of anything else. Just my thoughts on the affidavit.
Thank you so much for your thoughts on the affidavit. Your comments are quite helpful. And, I'm relieved that you think that he'll be convicted fairly easily.

BCK saying “I’m going to help you” and then further slashing/stabbing Kernoble is absolutely horrific. Especially disturbing since I believe the BTK killer in Kansas also used these words immediately prior to finishing his murder of at least one victim.

Calling his motive a "thrill kill" seems a perfect way to describe this horrible mass murder. I also believe that he has been fantasizing for years about committing a gruesome, horrific mass murder.

Thanks again for your thoughts on the affidavit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken