MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Austen Riggs Center is the long term inpatient psychiatric hospital where MW was treated in ~2011-2012 and allegedly received a diagnosis of sociopathy (referenced by the court documents).
"Riggs offers a range of treatment programs, and the total length of stay can run from six weeks to a year or more. The median length of treatment is approximately seven months. Depending on the program, the cost of the six-week evaluation and treatment phase ranges from $71,930 to $77,600*, which includes an admission consultation fee of $2,000.
Bolded by me

MOD NOTE:

Quick reminder from the Etiquette & Information link below this post:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

But do we even know when they divorced?

It would be helpful to learn more about Brian's childhood and his upbringing.

We know that Brian was born in 1975 and in a 1977 action his dad filed against the US Navy, Brian's dad gives the following account about his marital family:

... He explained that he had joined the Berry Plan before his beliefs had crystallized as an expedient to enable him to continue his medical training, and that while his present opposition to war was rooted in certain earlier experiences and in religious training and thought, which he outlined, it had coalesced only in the two years prior to 1977. The influence of his wife, a Moslem from Iran, and certain tragic events affecting his Iranian parents-in-law, who lived with him, one of whom had attempted to commit suicide in 1975 in reaction to the accidental death of a son, were cited as factors in the maturing of these beliefs. Dr. Walshe submitted letters from medical colleagues and family members attesting in a general manner to his character and pacifist views. ...

Argued May 6, 1981. Decided Oct. 7, 1981- US Court of Appeals.

We can sleuth away to figure out some about BW's life, but how much of it is pertinent to the case? Will any of it explain or justify this crime? IMO, no. <modsnip> Nor the father or mother is accused of a crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! But I can't even find the docket information itself, and I tried to follow your directions :( maybe not enough caffeine today
EDIT: I found it! Instead of putting the date in the file date area, I was putting it in the Date of Death box lol. my apologies and thanks for the help
I did the same thing first time around :)

(Ugghh!!)

Quote from linked article above:

“A spokesperson with the U.S. Attorney's Office tells WBZ Walshe's bracelet did not use the GPS monitoring that some inmates have. Instead, his used radio frequency that can alert authorities when he left home, without specifying where he went.

"Let's say it's a release for an hour and a half. As long as he's back at the end of the hour and a half they generally let it slip by," said defense attorney J.W. Carney, who has had many clients under home confinement.

"Let's say for example a person passes a hardware store on the way back from dropping the kids off at school and he goes in and buys a couple of things. Generally, that won't be something that will get the probation officer's attention," Carney said.”
So, it's the time out of the home base that will activate an "alert." Now I think we know why he got lost on the way to his mother's apartment building. He was gone somewhere for too long a time doing something that day and he had to explain the lost time. (?)

Lots of interesting info in this article

This article answers some questions (BW's mother came from generational wealth) and drops a new fact, which is that Ana was married to a chef at the hotel where she working when she when BW. Lots of other info too

The Austen Riggs Center is the long term inpatient psychiatric hospital where MW was treated in ~2011-2012 and allegedly received a diagnosis of sociopathy (referenced by the court documents).
"Riggs offers a range of treatment programs, and the total length of stay can run from six weeks to a year or more. The median length of treatment is approximately seven months. Depending on the program, the cost of the six-week evaluation and treatment phase ranges from $71,930 to $77,600*, which includes an admission consultation fee of $2,000.
Bolded by me
But there was a case against Brian in 1999 from Austen Riggs. Was Brian admitted twice to the facility? https://www.masscourts.org/eservices/search.page.134?x=xaES8idUj9KYQ8hAMU9neA

Thanks! The Hull House on the beach is amazing. Location! Location! Location!

The word Peabody is pronounced Pee bah dee by locals. There was, many years ago, may still be, a rather popular hotel in Memphis named The Peabody Hotel that had ducks swimming in the lobby's fountain by day. We said it was: The Pea-body Hotel. Fabulous stay when visiting art tours like the King Tut exhibition.

The couple who spoke in the video from your link really seemed concerned about their situ for the past 6 months. They rented from the Walshe's for four years. It is their apt. Ana owned that was sold the week of Christmas. They described Ana as "rushing to get rid of assets". The gentleman renter said that during their HNY text on the 2nd, BW did not mention his wife even though she was already missing.

What We've Learned About Brian Walshe as Search for Missing Wife, Ana, Continues
I live in Memphis and have been to the Peabody hotel many times and seen the ducks there. I remember I took a vacation to Boston with my family when I was a kid and noticed a place called Peabody on the map and was told about their pronunciation of it.

It just sounds like a coded call for help, imo. ‘Can you come tomorrow’ is a red flag question for someone so far away at short notice. Saying she’d be there in January and the reply she is given about February is a non-answer, meant to be another clue imo.
It sounds to me that she may have wanted to have her mother take care of the kids, since at least the oldest would be having school vacation over the holidays. Maybe have them and her mother stay with her in DC while she worked. Schools have no vacation during the time in January when mother proposed she could come over, but they do again typically have a week in February so perhaps AW was referring to plans for the vacation in February. Maybe AW was hoping to get the kids to DC under guise of it being “just for the vacation week” and then could actually keep them there. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe