ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger trades intensity for fear in 2nd court appearance: body language expert

"As he turns the corner into the courtroom, he takes a breath in, meaning something important is going to happen, namely fear," Susan Constantine, a behavioral analyst who specializes in body language and detecting deception, told Fox News Digital. "The horizontal forehead lines are from worry."

Kohberger slouched into the room with large cuts on his face, which the sheriff later said were suffered during a shaving mishap.

"What I did notice was a forceful heartbeat as seen in his cheek," Constantine said of Kohberger's Jan. 5 appearance. "That blood vessel was throbbing from intense internal emotion."

She also said she detected something in the way he glanced over at Kootenai County Public Defender Anne Taylor.

"Kohberger's awkward glance, followed by a quick micro smile that flashed and disappeared sharply," she said. "This signals a disingenuous attempt to acknowledge his attorney along with a sharp head nod, then leaned back."

I'm pretty sure she will be able to substitute an attorney - but that means she has to have one.

I would love an attorney to weigh in. I don't see why she can't rent a mailbox somewhere (the kind with a physical address) but really, I would hope an attorney would step in and help out.

If she's going to be a witness, she might want that protection.
Would be quite helpful to hear what her legal options are from an attorney or somebody well-versed in the legal world. IMHO, if she's going to be a witness, she would need that protection.

It looks like blood to me.

I was just looking for video of the Coroner. I saw her first one done prior to autopsy. Then I saw what I consider a snipped one with Banfield on the 18 of November. I do recall her speaking that none of them had throat wounds and they had chest and ABd wounds. Also, I recall her being asked about the dripping blood and her stating that it could be possible. This is all MOO. I do find it odd that this is now nowhere to be found.

Just one quick note a name is 'an identifier' not phi . medical information is the PHI. If an identifier can by associated in any way with the medical information then its a violation. IMO
Very true. A name by itself is an identifier only, but I was talking about in the instance where the receptionist confirmed that BCK was a patient at their clinic. Thus, linking the two.

Would you be OK if your worst enemy called a drug rehab center you were at and the staff confirmed you were a patient? Probably not.

The possibility that BK didn't act alone... I can dismiss any comment he may have made upon his arrest. I can write off a discovery request for any co-defendants as legal maneuvering. I can look at a timeline that doesn't seem to fit a single assailant and convince myself it must fit. But here's what I can't ignore:

When LE pulled him over twice in Indiana they wanted to see his hands. Why? The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they suspect the perp may have been injured in the struggle, but looking for signs of an injury six weeks after the fact makes me think it's more than a superficial scratch. It's not unreasonable at all to think that LE has DNA evidence that we don't know about, and I suspect they do. But does that DNA link to BK? If it doesn't, he knows that. And LE knows that too.

While I'm pretty sick of this discussion, I just cant stop jumping into it! If you deal with HIPAA all day, you may want a refresher from your privacy POC. With no primary purpose that is permissible (eg a person trying to reach a patient room which has some presumed patient benefit), the disclosure you described is not allowed under hipaa.
I'll condense my response. The answer is, it depends. If you know HIPAA then you will also know there are exceptions (as I mentioned previously) in the Privacy Rule so it is not a black and white/yes or no answer. Perhaps the discussion has drifted from the original post.

Myabe BK blabbed something to another prisoner or jail employee during his short stay in PA or perhaps even already in ID. Sounds kind of boilerplate info request from the Defense to me. IDK

MOO

It's a standard defense motion. Some will even ask the judge to restrict anyone in the jail from discussing the case with the defendant, etc.

Yes, but the media has settled on the incel theory and they keep trying to build their weak stories around that.

Agree with you there's been plenty of stories but have never noticed a greater emphasis on incels per se or gender-based violence. And I don't think these narratives have ever been settled.

Just think of all the perps & all the motives which were at the forefront every week over the last 9 weeks.
Here's a few which - imo - got a lot of attention in the media
- crime of passion type motive & perp ( every guy from that GrubTruck video or who knew KG)
- grudge killing ( frat/student grudge or rejected suitor or rejected stalker)
- every guy from the Corner Club or who lived nearby including the two neighbours who were ' creepy'
- out of state serial killer who is skilled at evading LE & wants to rub LE's nose in it
- deranged hunters who skin animals or ex military men with blood lust
- since the arrest... versions of a super criminal motivated to commit the perfect crime & used his studies to do that
- and then since the PCA.....
- then since the Tapatalk posts.....

You disagree that many men at some point say something that can be seen as offensive to women without knowing it is offensive??
i disagree that it is as simple as being a reference to the office- i see it as a derogatory comment men make to women (even before the office) in order for them to know their place and value (according to the speaker).

i repectfully disagree. an adult male saying this to a potential partner is not okay.
a chauvinist making a comment about a women's birthing potential and body mimicking a chauvinist making a comment about a women's birthing potential and body is still offensive.

behavior as a 12 year old and as an adult male are two (hopefully) very different things.
That's the whole point of the joke.

This is a ""TMZ"" link. It is from the Indiana police officer who stopped BK's car. It opens to show bK with apparent injury to outter right wrist, and to left top of hand at juncture with wrist, inside aspect. I did NOT add the red circles.It is as I found it in a google image search.
Thank you. This triggered me to go back and look at the actual TMZ video of the first traffic stop. I paused right away (approx. 00:16 into the video). The first time I looked at the video all I saw was that door handle the whole time. But when the cop first approached the car, there is a view of his hands which do look like potentially bad cuts on hand and wrist. Interesting that during the 2nd traffic stop, BK keeps his left hand between his legs and his right hand is positioned out of view of the body cam.

I remember some discussions on a previous thread on whether cuts would still be visible after this long of a time. I would say the wrist looks like a very bad cut along the bone. What are people's thoughts on the wrist cut and the cut on top of the left hand (shown at 00:16)?
1673625363730.png

Is there a link for the coroner confirming that was blood?

I have always wondered about that. The original came from DM, <modsnip - criticizing an approved source> and to date, I have never seen evidence markers or any investigators near that spot.

I believe the cororner was asked about it in an interview and the best she could offer was that it certainly looked like blood but no real confirmation, which has always left me wondering if DM just paid for a photoshopped picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll condense my response. The answer is, it depends. If you know HIPAA then you will also know there are exceptions (as I mentioned previously) in the Privacy Rule so it is not a black and white/yes or no answer. Perhaps the discussion has drifted from the original post.
I think I'm being really argumentative here, lol! I'm sorry!

To be honest, the whole receptionist talking to the media about BK clearly got under my skin! The guy is a horrible person and I hope he gets the maximum penalty for his crimes, but I do believe passionately in the law, also for this dude, so I'm obviously "triggered' knowing that a low level receptionist would violate his privacy like she did. She should know better!

I think I would make a good juror in this case, as I haven't entirely made up my mind either way. I am deeply curious about what further evidence will provide us.

Here's a theory that's been floated in my direction by a friend who was looking into DNA. What if one of the police officers was handling BK's application and then handled one of the instruments they used at the scene? And then the DNA was unwittingly placed on the sheath.

By all accounts, he was not at all in their sights based on cell phone activity until the DNA test came back.
EDIT: apparently, I had this backwards! The Elantra was noted first, DNA came later -- put that in our thinking caps

This wouldn't be the first time a big case ended up like this. It happened with Amanda Knox, also using single source DNA.

Last edited:
Just some thoughts
IMO ,

BK will be the longest resident of the Moscow Jail he now sits in. The june pelim will be waived right at the start and BK will plead not guilty and trial will intially be set for early 2024. After all delays,motions etc he will be found guilty by early 2025 and sentenced mid 2025 and sent to prison. Then the death penalty appeal process will begin lasting +7 years.

BK is living a somewhat similar lifestyle in jail as he was when free. He is living alone, with no social life or friends.More then likely spending most of his days now working or "studying" for his trial. Other then not being able to stalk woman and his private internet activities life is probably pretty much the same. Bascially he is getting his criminial justice phd behind bars instead of as WSU. He is also well aware of the media attention which I am sure is fueling his desire to go to trial and drag this out as long as possible .For the first time in his life he is getting attention. Sadly I would imagine he is already getting mail from female and probably male too) Groupies that want to be in a relationship with him. I would not be surprised if he is reported to be in a relastionship by the time trial starts.

IMO
Sometimes prosecutors over-try their case making the jusy more confused and more willing to find doubt.
Prosecutors should bring only a small amount of powerful evidence showing guilt instead of a mountain of evidence for the defense to dispute. Keep it simple 2+2=4. The best way to get justice in this case is to treat it like any other murder case.Treat it like what it is 1 guy who broke into a house and killed 4 strangers with a knife.Turning this case into the next OJ is not the right path.The more evidence admitted the longer he sits comfy in Moscow. The more chances for appeal and the more potential reasonable doubt. This trial and case is BK's new PHD challenge,his new degree, his new goal. This guy has been in school 23 years of his 28yr life. A long drawn out trial is heaven for a person like this. The quicker you can get him in prison The better.

IMO
Prosecutions should not seek the death penalty but rather life in prison no parole. This takes him off death row in his own private cell and places him in general population with atleast 1 cellmate.Also if they don't turn this case and BK into a BTK like media sensation there will be no protective custody status for BK. Personally I would rather drop him into a den of wild animals then his own private death row hotel room. With his lack of street smarts and awkward social skills it would not take long for the aggressor to become the victim..Justice is served in many ways.

Last edited:
Person knew BK aged 11
Person hasn't seen BK for many, many years
The prior relationship will not come into evidence during the trial

The FBI investigators feel it is relevant to their research

Am going to phone the FBI and tell them. ' No, this is not relevant'
I haven't caught up to all the threads, yet, so sorry if I missed something.

The FBI's BAU would want to know what (if any) the triggering event was for BK's actions the day of the crime. They would want to know what his triggers are, stressors in his life, or any recent changes in his behavior. If his behavior hasn't changed recently, they would want to investigate further back to learn when BK started exhibiting controlling behavior.

True, not every childhood anecdote will be useful to them. I'm sure investigators will mostly focus on the period of time when BK had his radical weight change and started heroin.

I have always wondered about that. The original came from DM, <modsnip - criticizing an approved source> and to date, I have never seen evidence markers or any investigators near that spot.

I believe the cororner was asked about it in an interview and the best she could offer was that it certainly looked like blood but no real confirmation, which has always left me wondering if DM just paid for a photoshopped picture.
I think it's important to remember that coroner is not a medical doctor of any kind, nor has she ever done an autopsy. In that area, the coroner is an elected position with, apparently, no qualifications needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member