ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I question the neighbor waited four weeks to remember an open door considering all the chaos which ensued that afternoon and in days following. LE would likely not have made this public if it is true, but, given that half the campus knew the keypad combination and if the door really was open, a small part of me wonders who might have happened along earlier in morning...and why they weren't overwhelmed by the smell of blood. Blood reference is from this Howard Blum article linked several days ago. An Exclusive Look Inside the Idaho Murders: Part I

Moscow Police Chief James Fry appeared taken aback when asked about an unnamed neighbor’s claim that the door wasn’t shut about 8:30 a.m. Nov. 13, the day Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Xana Kernodle, 20, and Ethan Chapin, 20, are believed to have been killed in the early hours.

The chief also said he could neither confirm nor deny the report.

“I don’t even know the answer to that one. If I did, I would probably comment on that but I don’t know the answer whether the door was open,” he told the outlet.

Here's more nonsense from the DM:

She opened her bedroom door, then saw a man in a black ski mask that covered his nose and mouth, walking 'towards her'.

headbang.gif
You think she’s lying?

I've heard a couple former 'law' personal say that Pennsylvania should be looking into any unsolved cases in the area. Has anyone here been looking at that angle?
M00

True. I think it’s Bethany who made the 911 call because i think it was Dylan who passed out. I think the neighbors took the phone from Bethany because she was hyperventilating and 911 couldn’t understand her and the neighbors s didn’t know what was in the house so they told 911 there’s an unconscious person (Dylan)

But i still don’t understand why Bethany’s phone was useful in narrowing down the time of the murders.
IMO B got a photo of him-time stamped

The Dateline episode revealed something that I’m not sure if it was new information or not, but they interviewed one of his students at WSU when he was a teacher’s assistant and the student said he was a really tough grader and would often deduct points really harshly, but right after the murders he started giving everyone 100s for everything.

A psychologist on the episode speculated that the murders gave him a psychological release that changed him and perhaps got rid of pent up anxiety and anger within him.
IMO. I wholeheartedly DISagree. Somebody set him up

I watched the 20/20 episode and totally missed Dateline. So Dateline revealed that not only did BK’s cell phone ping near the house, but he was picked up on their Wi-Fi? Am I reading that correctly? If so, there goes the defense argument that the cell tower could pick him up 10 miles away from the house and he wasn’t even close.
IMO, the defense could say BK had friends in the neighborhood-which may actually be true. He was tutoring someone from class who just happens to live in the neighborhood. Maybe BK was a DD ( drug dealer/designated driver) or a DDD (Door Dash Delivery). It’s hard to say, just because my wifi pings at the bank drive thru doesn’t mean I robbed the bank…..

Right based on forensics of both Bethany and Dylan’s phones. I found that interested because they didn’t mention any of her activity. If she smelt through everything there wouldn’t be activity on her phone that would be helpful in narrowing down the time of the murder. JMO

Considering that they narrowed it down from 4-425
Is that right?

If she said good night to someone at 355am she would have heard something. So I’m assuming there’s something else on her phone between 4 and 4:25am

Maybe the bad 3 point turn (lights in the front driveway?) BEFORE 4am??
IMO, how about a dark haired muscular guy, medium height, wearing balaclava scarf, with bushy eyebrows walking out of the house-front profile preferred

Can't have because DM said in the AFFIDAVIT that she was woken at 4 a.m.

D.M. and B.F. both made statements during interviews that indicated the occupants of the King Road Residence were at home by 2:00 a.m. and asleep or at least in their rooms by approximately 4:00 a.m. This is with the exception of Kernodle, who received a DoorDash order at the residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. (law enforcement identified the DoorDash delivery driver who reported this information).

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor. D.M. stated she was awoken at approximately 4:00 a.m. by what she stated sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog in one of the upstairs bedrooms

IMO, girls upstairs were .killed first

The Dateline episode revealed something that I’m not sure if it was new information or not, but they interviewed one of his students at WSU when he was a teacher’s assistant and the student said he was a really tough grader and would often deduct points really harshly, but right after the murders he started giving everyone 100s for everything.

A psychologist on the episode speculated that the murders gave him a psychological release that changed him and perhaps got rid of pent up anxiety and anger within him.
He was probably giving them 100s because he was spending all his time online reading everything he could on the Idaho 4 murders and didn't have time to nitpick the students' papers.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that you suggested the balcony escape in the way back.
Given that DM has stated that she saw a man walking outside her door heading toward an exit on the second floor, what would cause him to go back upstairs to jump off the balcony? Or why would he do that?
IMO, maybe there was a second intruder in the house on the third floor? Actually, I was trying to find a plausible reason for the “ thud” mentioned in the PCA

Last edited:
Yes, B is in the affidavit—

“The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video of a suspect video as described below leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am.”
I wonder if BF woke up briefly after getting a call or text and heard or saw something.

For example, if she looked at her phone at 4:25 am and heard the sound of a car starting up and speeding off, or looked out her window to see a white car driving down the road.

Or maybe she heard sounds in the house between 4:00 and 4:25. JMO

RBBM
The first thing I thought when you said that (bolded) was, LE used their memories of what they were doing on their phones when certain things happened. For a hypothetical example, Dylan was texting a friend a meme of a jelly and then heard 'someone playing with the dog'. LE can then look at what time the meme was shared and say it was 4:0blah am.
Another hypothetical example maybe Bethany sent a goodnight message to someone before she fell asleep, and so LE can see what time that was and can deduce the events did not happen BEFORE that time.
These are just examples and I am not suggesting anything from them.
ETA: hypothetical and JMO
Dylan looks out her door several times and doesn't see anything. Maybe since she's in the back, she texted Bethany and asked if there were any additional cars out front.

IMO

I’m not arguing with you. I’m just irritated by BK’s ex atty

It’s possible they could have his dna under one or more of the victims fingernails (or somewhere else at the crime scene) but that was just not revealed in the probable cause affidavit because it was not necessary to show ALL they had, right???

They didn’t have to put everything they knew in the PCA? Right? (And of course they may have discovered much more since then.)

I just don’t understand why so many reporters keep saying the defense just has to tear apart the PCA — as if the PCA is the ALL the prosecution has.

A good poker player doesn’t show their hand to the table until they have to. The defense doesn’t have a strategy until they have ALL the evidence/discovery is complete.

That PCA is not ALL the evidence.

Editing to add that i do believe innocent until proven guilty but he looks pretty guilty just based on the PCA and I’m assuming there’s more evidence that they have. So i think it’s silly for attys to dismiss the PCA like it’s nothing. Maybe saying well it LOOKS pretty bad but you know innocent until proven guilty. That would have been more responsible of the ex atty IMO

I know you're right about this -- but this process bothers me. All the games--playing one's cards close to one's chest--not releasing information too early.

To me, and this is purely MOO, the truth is the truth, and there should be no games.

To me, this is a game of "gotcha," and I think that's a sad development in our judicial system.

LE has its games.
The prosecution has its games.
The defense has its games.

And now, even the media has games.

They all talk about their "strategies," but finding justice isn't about strategy--it's about truth, honesty, and the facts.

I understand where LE would not want to release all their information during an investigation so they could reduce copycat crimes or keep from alerting the perp so he ran. But that's not the situation now. Lay your cards on the table and let the truth rule the day.

If Kohberger has a real defense (I doubt he does), he deserves the chance to use it to his fullest. History tells us that many inmates have been unfairly convicted and some even put to death. Yet, we still play games...

From a 34 year veteran of LE, detective bureau:

"We don't put everything we have discovered in the PCA. If I have 10 PC facts, I use 3 to get the warrant. The defense will concentrate on the three I used while I hold the other 7 in my pocket."

Just quoting a friend of mine. No link.

I am currently watching 20/20 as well.

Very sad that four young lives, maybe ten years younger than myself, were ended!
I agree, it's sad that it's all about BK when he destroyed so many innocent beautiful lives and their loved ones. Not to mention the community trauma.

E,X,M&K are the victims here, BK is the accused defendant.

MOO

Just finished watching the 20/20 docu on the case. Pretty much what we all have read and still nothing on BF, one of the surviving roommates… has there been any mentioning of her at all? I don’t recall anything.
I'm sure both of those girls have been in hiding since this happened. Scared and then relieved after BK was arrested. but the trauma they both have experienced, especially DM, is just unimaginable.

My hearts go out to these girls and their families as well, they are victims also.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member