OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish they would have showed pictures. I have to believe there was safety standards as far as covering giant holes in the ground this wasn’t thaaat long ago before osha and all that. Also correct me if I’m wrong they weren’t adding a new addition it was just turning whatever was there into some grocery store right ? There may have been small trenches to extend plumbing or whatever but I can’t imagine huge holes being exposed. Too much liability. I’m not set in stone with any theory. I wish we would find out that he bolted for the beach and has been living as a beach bum or something.
In absence of any evidence that Brian left the club that night, or any signs of foul play, then yes I believe the logical explanation is a drunken accident in the construction area. There's been all manner of wild theories about Brian's fate, but in my opinion, none of them hold water. I've said it before, the accidental death theory is unpopular because it's a literal dead-end. It was just an unfortunate mishap by an intoxicated customer. There's nothing juicy for sleuths to get their teeth into.

I really wish they would have showed pictures. I have to believe there was safety standards as far as covering giant holes in the ground this wasn’t thaaat long ago before osha and all that. Also correct me if I’m wrong they weren’t adding a new addition it was just turning whatever was there into some grocery store right ? There may have been small trenches to extend plumbing or whatever but I can’t imagine huge holes being exposed. Too much liability. I’m not set in stone with any theory. I wish we would find out that he bolted for the beach and has been living as a beach bum or something.
The frustrating thing about the construction area is that after all this time, none of us are truly clear on what state it was in. We've been laser-focused on a few soundbites that we've plucked from podcast interviews, at the top of the list being Sgt John Hurst's description "Completely dug up". We don't know what he meant.
It's fair enough that the construction site is a point of interest. When someone goes missing there's always the question of whether there were any hazardous areas around them at the time. We're usually talking about bodies of water, crevices, and sometimes even old mineshafts or quicksand. Construction sites are just as hazardous and they belong on that list.
I would hope that if they searched that building within an inch of its life while there were grave concerns about a man who was missing without a trace, they would at least take some photographs while they were in there. And if there's such photographic evidence in the Brian Shaffer file, surely there is no good reason under the sun not to release it now.

The frustrating thing about the construction area is that after all this time, none of us are truly clear on what state it was in. We've been laser-focused on a few soundbites that we've plucked from podcast interviews, at the top of the list being Sgt John Hurst's description "Completely dug up". We don't know what he meant.
It's fair enough that the construction site is a point of interest. When someone goes missing there's always the question of whether there were any hazardous areas around them at the time. We're usually talking about bodies of water, crevices, and sometimes even old mineshafts or quicksand. Construction sites are just as hazardous and they belong on that list.
I would hope that if they searched that building within an inch of its life while there were grave concerns about a man who was missing without a trace, they would at least take some photographs while they were in there. And if there's such photographic evidence in the Brian Shaffer file, surely there is no good reason under the sun not to release it now.
Hurst spoke weird to me especially when he would say “got exited from the building” to me completely dug up could just mean a bunch of small trenches etc it doesn’t mean it’s just a giant hole in the ground or lots of very deep holes. They should just release everything at this point because the police probably won’t solve this one dude to lack of resources at this point.

Hurst spoke weird to me especially when he would say “got exited from the building” to me completely dug up could just mean a bunch of small trenches etc it doesn’t mean it’s just a giant hole in the ground or lots of very deep holes. They should just release everything at this point because the police probably won’t solve this one dude to lack of resources at this point.
I’ve always interpreted that to mean he was put in a dumpster or trash compactor if they had one. It sounds brutal, but would explain why he was never seen leaving.

I’ve always interpreted that to mean he was put in a dumpster or trash compactor if they had one. It sounds brutal, but would explain why he was never seen leaving.
No matter how you interpret it, it’s still weird sounding. Why wouldn’t you just say he was removed from the building/premises or he exited the building if they believe he left under his own power.

No matter how you interpret it, it’s still weird sounding. Why wouldn’t you just say he was removed from the building/premises or he exited the building if they believe he left under his own power.
I have considered, possibly, that Hurst started to say one thing, then changed mid sentence. IOW…. Perhaps he started to say “got removed [from] ” and changed it to “[he] exited”. IDK..Other than that, I can’t account for his bad English. “Got exited” ? Who speaks that way ?
Someone please just ask him, lol. Whatever happened to our insiders here… wasn't it Kelly and … ? I can’t recall.

I have considered, possibly, that Hurst started to say one thing, then changed mid sentence. IOW…. Perhaps he started to say “got removed [from] ” and changed it to “[he] exited”. IDK..Other than that, I can’t account for his bad English. “Got exited” ? Who speaks that way ?
Someone please just ask him, lol. Whatever happened to our insiders here… wasn't it Kelly and … ? I can’t recall.
I haven't been on Brian's thread in years so not familiar w/Kelly, but is she the person that created Dead or Alive podcast? TIA

Hey, so, did anyone see the report on the 5th that there was a tip from Tyler county about a missing person and the cops found a body in a wooded area off Leopold lane? There were no names mentioned. Has there been any sort of update that anyone knows of? It's funny how the tip came from Texas and the missing person is in Ohio...

Hey, so, did anyone see the report on the 5th that there was a tip from Tyler county about a missing person and the cops found a body in a wooded area off Leopold lane? There were no names mentioned. Has there been any sort of update that anyone knows of? It's funny how the tip came from Texas and the missing person is in Ohio...
That’s in West Virginia, not Ohio. I had to read it a few times to get it.

Tip led to human remains found in Ohio County, says sheriff​

Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard confirms to 7News that human remains were found in the search of an Ohio County location on Thursday.

The sheriff said the remains were taken to Kepner Funeral Home and that the medical examiner is on the way there.

Howard says it appears that the remains were at the Leopold Avenue scene for “awhile.”

He also says there is a lot of investigative work to do on this case, but the scene is now closed.

Howard also said it will take “awhile” to identify the remains.

Stay with 7News and WTRF.com for updates.

OHIO COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) —

Tip led to human remains found in Ohio County, says sheriff​

Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard confirms to 7News that human remains were found in the search of an Ohio County location on Thursday.

The sheriff said the remains were taken to Kepner Funeral Home and that the medical examiner is on the way there.

Howard says it appears that the remains were at the Leopold Avenue scene for “awhile.”

He also says there is a lot of investigative work to do on this case, but the scene is now closed.

Howard also said it will take “awhile” to identify the remains.

Stay with 7News and WTRF.com for updates.

OHIO COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) —

Ah... Ohio County, West Virginia. US geography can be a bit confusing like that.

The key to solving this case is investigating the pings that showed up the day after Brian went missing. Not the ones months later, but the pings that a Detective said were near campus the next day. This pretty much confirms Brian is not buried under concrete and that he made it out alive, then likely met his fate elsewhere. The same Detective says "there is no way" Brian is still in the building.

<modsnip - rumors>

Last edited by a moderator:
The key to solving this case is investigating the pings that showed up the day after Brian went missing. Not the ones months later, but the pings that a Detective said were near campus the next day. This pretty much confirms Brian is not buried under concrete and that he made it out alive, then likely met his fate elsewhere. The same Detective says "there is no way" Brian is still in the building.

<modsnip - rumors>
Do we know if the cops thoroughly searched the area of the pings?

A lot of media report there were cameras on all exits but isn’t it true there was one location he could could have exited with no camera? Whatever happened, happened quick cause he was seen not too long before on camera seemingly having a good time. Did he wander off to find a restroom through the non camera exit and is there water nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave