ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing something with one's own eyes is not hearsay.

If this witness takes the stand, it will not be hearsay. She can be impeached as incompetent, but it still won't be hearsay.

She saw what she saw. That's not hearsay. Hearsay is when you HEAR someone (not yourself) SAY something and it becomes evidentiary.
Yes, and remember very early on Chief Fry said the 2 survivors were not suspects, but could, in fact, may be the key in solving the case.

MOO

MassGuy, I used to be a MassGirl. That 'no threat to the public' thing bugged me from the very beginning. I could not conceive of how that early in the investigation they could know that. I am rooting for this Police Department but I am still shaking my head about that one.
I think a lot of people are shaking their heads over this one but it might help to cut them some slack. I think they were in total shock, the FBI probably was not on board yet and they were struggling to make a statement for the public. They made a few mistakes in the big picture------ they had a herculean task and it appears they got the guy. At this point I think they have the right person. Time will tell for sure though.

Seeing something with one's own eyes is not hearsay.

If this witness takes the stand, it will not be hearsay. She can be impeached as incompetent, but it still won't be hearsay.

She saw what she saw. That's not hearsay. Hearsay is when you HEAR someone (not yourself) SAY something and it becomes evidentiary.

But if she doesn’t take the stand (and it really is difficult to get up there) then her entire statement is hearsay.

IMO, maybe there was a second intruder in the house on the third floor? Actually, I was trying to find a plausible reason for the “ thud” mentioned in the PCA
IMO the thud is one of the victims hitting the floor. Sounds like X was out of bed

If they have video of BK parking, they may very well have video of him getting out of the car and walking towards the house. They are very confident he was acting alone so I lean heavily that he was alone too

The depraved coward will try to drag this out, but at the end of the day he'll be buried under a mountain of evidence.

Will be a good day when this evil coward is convicted and (hopefully) put down...
Coward- that is the word that is in the forefront of my mind- what kind of miserable coward waits until his victim(s) are sleeping to strike in the most brutal horrible way possible. In the middle of the night, people feeling safe in their beds and this monster strikes with a knife - the brutality I am sure is something we cannot even comprehend- how vicious the attack was- on people at their most vulnerable- when they are sleeping. I am sure the prosecution, during the trial, will have to be very descriptive of the injuries sustained by these victims. The families may have to leave the courtroom but the prosecutor has to make the jury understand the viciousness of what I believe was a rage-filled attack against four people who were tucked safely in their beds.

I have 20/20 on. Girl who gave him a haircut on December 2nd is on here. His old high school friend Casey who did the TikTok’s is on there.

Another high school acquaintance is on there, both high school friends called him withdrawn and kind of quiet.
who's the girl who gave the haircut please? Did the show give any other details about her?

But if she doesn’t take the stand (and it really is difficult to get up there) then her entire statement is hearsay.
Not a lawyer, but I believe hearsay for a witness is if DM testified about what someone else told her.

It's not hearsay for prosecutors to read a statement from her, reference her (recorded) interviews, etc to corroborate their story, even if she does not testify. That is all evidence gathered as part of the investigation.

Quite possible.
By her door- near her door- those are still vague descriptions and it seems odd to me that only 1 print was found. And the slider is near her door.
yes only one print in blood* has always seemed odd to me

* Paraphrasing the details in the PCA re the latent print ( blood test followed by Amino black - might be a typo for Amido)

Yesterday, Was thinking about all the 'news' about his middle school crush when he was 11.

It is so normal and rite of passage for most people to feel insecurity, heartbreak, jealousy, envy, during the growing up years. Along with that grows the ability to be able to laugh about it with friends, to build one's support systems, to build one's self esteem without needing to get everything one wishes for, to see those wishes are temporal anyway. To enjoy the journey or the process, and not to just see it as means to ends.

Woke up this morning thinking motive is likely IMO as simple as something to do with drugs that went wrong, and maybe being a criminologist he made it worse trying to make the crime look personal so the boyfriends would be suspected. In the early weeks, most people believed it had to be someone they knew well to explain so much rage as it looked very up close and personal.
This makes sense and goes along with the neighbor of BK who said he suggested it was a "crime of passion". 'Crime Of Passion': Bryan Kohberger's Neighbor Reveals Chilling Conversation He Had With Accused Killer Just Days After University Of Idaho Massacre

Not a lawyer, but I believe hearsay for a witness is if DM testified about what someone else told her.

It's not hearsay for prosecutors to read a statement from her, reference her (recorded) interviews, etc to corroborate their story, even if she does not testify. That is all evidence gathered as part of the investigation.

I’m not an attorney either, but I’ve been subpoenaed many times as a professional and a statement from me (even to LE) would not suffice. They always wanted an opportunity to cross examine, which was terrifying but only fair.
MOO

I think a lot of people are quick to jump on the misreporting because there's been a lot of that going around, with media just blatantly misreporting what's in the PCA. And then it snowballs into a game of telephone wherein people run with a false narrative, so in that sense, I do think--and I suspect a lot of others do--that correcting those factual errors when they happen is important to discussing the case factually.

But more specific to the case, I think one of the reasons it's important is because of the reaction of the witness. According to the PCA, the mask covered his nose and mouth, and I do suspect that could be one of the reasons why she was weirded out and quickly locked the door but didn't immediately report it. Per her description, it could be any number of masks that someone wears, like a covid face mask or even a winter weather mask, and it doesn't automatically compute as nefarious (even if it is weird in context) like, say, a ski mask. An unannounced guy in your house that sees a lot of traffic in the middle of the night sporting a covid mask or a winter mask might just be someone's guest. That same unannounced guy in a ski mask in the middle of the night has a very different vibe that just sort of cries out "Up to no good." MOO
Absolutely

When the PCA was released it was a mainstream topic of interest ( in media and on WS) that seeing somebody wearing a covid style mask is much less remarkable than it was previously, even if it might be more unusual to wear it indoors

Dylan for sure because she was awake. But what was Bethany doing at 4? And it seems like they would have said they used Xana and Dylan’s phones because Xana was tik tocking until 4:12 if i am remembering correctly

I’m just thinking they are withholding info about what Bethany was doing at 4am

Not that she was doing anything bad. But they didn’t feel like they needed to include anymore info for probable cause so they left it out ???? Or is that a rudycukous assumption???
I suspect there were some text exchanges between DM and BF during and/or after the events, maybe at 4:25. Or alternatively, incoming or outgoing texts between BF's and any of the victims' phones.

Last edited:
Judging from the description of that print, I think it’s the ‘latent’ print that was discovered by the roommate’s door and described in the PCA

There were at least two footprints.
I‘ve seen an image of LE taking a picture of a footprint outside the home.
The PCA describes a latent footprint inside the home on the floor outside DM’s room.

My question is, Why one latent footprint And not two?
Did that shoe hit the mud outside and track it into the house?
Did that shoe step in blood?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members