ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was masterfully written. I hope he has enough material to present at least a follow up. I even found some other articles that I want to read from there. Thank you!
I read a few days ago - really great writing and it did have some insider information. He is the perfect writer to write the book on this case that then becomes the movie.

Thank you very much. No wonder my lawyer said she couldn't recall all the exceptions offhand (her main job is as a federal public defender for appeals, so this is her bailiwick, except she isn't an expert on Idaho)!

For those who don't want to read acutename's entire link, most of the exceptions deal with the subject matter and whether the statement was made at the time or shortly after its content occurred. I read quickly, but I saw no exception for having said something to a member of LE. (Again, if somebody offered a sworn affidavit to the DA, that might be different because what was said was under oath.)

The survivor's eyewitness testimony is hearsay in the PCA and remains so until she testifies under oath and, absent an exception, is made available for cross-examination.

From what I read on the forum, he tried medication, but the side effects caused him to stop and he was pursuing a change in diet etc to heal himself. <modsnip: No link to source>
BK chose heroin...he's a drug addict who moved near Moscow and became fixated on a house of four innocent promising, friendly, non herion addict college students. I don't care what problems BK had prior to moving to Pullman. He was well enough to relocate and well enough to drive a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote my thoughts down a few days ago and then decided not to post what I was feeling. Then you post feelings that almost mirror mine. I have no answers.....here's what I was feeling

Not psychic or anything, but I usually at least have strong feelings about the defendant. The evidence thus far makes him look quite guilty but I'm not feeling my usual hatred toward him like I have with other murderers in the past. I don't know if reading the tat postings softened my emotions or what. This is a new experience for me and I don't understand my empathy towards him or is it that I'm not feeling his guilt as well? Things are just not adding up. There is much more to this than what I've seen so far. I think big surprises are coming or I'm just out in left field.

Think about the blows of the knife into those bodies and there’d be no sympathy towards him, imo. If you’ve got empathy towards him, you’d understand how he feels and why he did what he’s accused of?

I would like to read the whole thread about the discussion of vss, not just the excerpts which were supposedly written by BK, this would give a better understanding of how others expressed themselves and felt about their condition also.
I’ve been on similar self help sites 12-15 years ago, and there was a lot of oneupmanship and manipulation in play, particularly, in teen males. There’s talk of medication, diet, a list of symptoms and a kind of mentoring taking place, someone sets themselves up as the go to advisor, they’ve had it all, seen it all, treated people badly and want to make amends by taking others under their wing. I’ve got my own theory of what that’s about.

All murderers were once children, once innocent, they are who they become, and they take the lives of innocent people. I’m not for the death penalty but if he’s found guilty, he should be locked away for life.
Jmo

I remember Kaylee's mother saying early on that she had returned to Moscow to attend a party, never said it was at 1122.

The grieving parents said that Kaylee had just purchased a new Range Rover, and wanted to show it off to Mogen back in Moscow. She also had plans to attend a nearby party.
Their was a Pi Phi party that Kaylee wanted to go to. Maddie and Xana are both in Pi Phi sorority. There has been no mention at all of a party at their house with 150 people the night before until the TV show last night. That explains all those cups and dishes stacked up in their kitchen.

Putting Cards on the Table. Truth Ruling the Day?

Snipped for focus. @GRT
"finding justice...it’s about truth, honesty, and the facts." Agreed.

So, you’re thinking LE should release all its investigation results NOW?

Sorry, LE is NOT obligated to release Investigation Results to the PUBLIC. Not pre-arrest, not post-arrest, not-pre-trial. Plain & simple.
LE provides its InvRes to Prosecutor.
Pre-trial, during Discovery stage, Prosecutor is legally obligated to provide most/virtually all those InvRes to Defendant.
After receiving InvRes, Defense (the accused & defense atty) analyze & decide what defense, if any, to put on at trial. [ETA. If Defense thinks more time is needed, defense can waive "speedy trial" provisions, etc.]

The time & place for both the State & Defendant to put cards on the table PUBLICLY is in COURT and at TRIAL. Then ultimately, truth should rule the day.

Many inmates have been convicted unfairly? Well, some, agreed. Put to death? Yes, has happened.

I could be missing something, but I don’t see that requiring LE to release its Investigation results to the PUBLIC at any time
One report, early on, mentioned that before moving the four bodies, their hands were 'bagged'. I hope so much there was some of BK's dna.

PRE-TRIAL would prevent that.

ETA: Speaking generally, not to ID. statute. imo jmo moo
Earlier, I forgot to include the link about the hands.

<modsnip - incel discussion not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk, people keep questioning why he would bring his own car and knife and that this was the stupidest thing he could have done. So…what if the killer didn’t bring his own car and knife? It would not be that difficult for someone to get into his apartment, take his keys, grab a knife from his collection and return before he wakes up. He could have figured out he was being framed and thats why he was thoroughly cleaning his car and disposing of trash at neighbors several WEEKS after the murders. To me, this actually seems more plausible than a criminology phd student making so many incredibly basic mistakes.
I honestly don't think BK thought he would get caught. I almost think in December, BK acted like a criminal who turned himself in so speak by his actions on social media and call in to podcast. BK was suicidal if the 2011 or so posts written by someone using BK's digital footprint are true, so therefore, BK had nothing to lose acting on his sicko fantasy.

IMO, maybe BK wanted to study Criminology VS Criminal Justice.
In a house during the precise time of 4 people getting brutally murdered with a knife, there is a thud and whimper heard from someone inside the house who opens her bedroom door. The thud and whimper a car and an animal? I don’t think so. I think it related specifically to what was happening inside the house. Moo
I think the whimper was from Murphy and thud from BK slaughtering victims

...Her testimony will establish that there was someone in the house and that she saw the person several times....

(Emphasis added; edited for focus.)

FF, I agree with your conclusions and I "liked" your post back where it sits.

I only have a question about the "several times". Does the PCA say that and I missed it?

I only recall the one mention that she saw him "walking toward her" the third time she opened her door.

I am genuinely asking, not picking nits.

I only have a question about the "several times". Does the PCA say that and I missed it?

I only recall the one mention that she saw him "walking toward her" the third time she opened her door.

You are correct. She's recorded as opening the door several times because she kept hearing things, but it only says she saw him once. I don't believe she opened the door after that, and LE seemed to think he exited shortly thereafter. MOO

I think if the survivors had been that active, neither would have frozen and waited 8 hours to call 911. They would have run to a nearby residence--or even back to their locked room--and police would have been called by 4:30 a.m.
It seems obvious to me that they both fell asleep in their rooms. They had been to a football game and party all day and well into the night. They were likely intoxicated, exhausted and fell asleep. When I was a college student, I was up all night and slept all day. It is not a stretch to assume that they fell asleep about 4:00 - 4:30 am and slept until noon.

I honestly don't think BK thought he would get caught. I almost think in December, BK acted like a criminal who turned himself in so speak by his actions on social media and call in to podcast. BK was suicidal if the 2011 or so posts written by someone using BK's digital footprint are true, so therefore, BK had nothing to lose acting on his sicko fantasy.
I don’t think he thought he would ever get caught either. Even if he was suicidal in 2011, that doesn’t mean he was suicidal however in modern day 2022. That’s a 11 year difference and while suicidal thoughts can re-occur, it’s not necessarily something a person has for that entire period of time. It’s a lot of speculation at this point in terms of his medical conditions, and we just don’t really know. MOO

Their was a Pi Phi party that Kaylee wanted to go to. Maddie and Xana are both in Pi Phi sorority. There has been no mention at all of a party at their house with 150 people the night before until the TV show last night. That explains all those cups and dishes stacked up in their kitchen.
Dishes seems like that of 4 roommates imo not 100 party goers. Yes there seems to be some partying going on but overall it was cleaned up if the night before but the night of 11/12 seems to be a little messy imo but maybe for like 10-15 people based on cups around the interior of photos released via media. Xana did tell her Dad around midnight that she was home eating popcorn, watching movie and there was a popcorn bad in one of photos. There were lots of beer cans polluting front exterior of house but again, seems like that of max 15 college students. The patio seemed clean of party cups and just full of gabage bags neatly stacked exterior of patio door which makes me think trash was from 11/12.

I’ve posted this before, but I have cams and have never heard sounds from inside the neighbors’ houses. I’ve heard extremely loud yelling (DV) from inside a neighbor‘s house (with their doors & windows closed) while I was outside, but never while inside, and definitely not via cams.

And again, I thought cams were motion activated. So if a sound was heard emanating from inside 1122, wouldn’t there need to be corresponding/simultaneous motion outside to trigger the recording?

I’m so skeptical that a thud was heard from inside 1122. I could believe that Murphy barking at the window as BK was running away is a possibility, though. Kaylee’s window would be aligned close to the neighbor’s cam, I think. As for the voices/whimper….idk.

Has anyone ever had sound captured on their cam from inside a neighbor home 50’ away (without motion)?

Are cams sound only activated?

Same. Our cameras must detect motion before recording sound. I was thinking maybe BK left house in a hurry and his car door is the thud. MOO

Same. Our cameras must detect motion before recording sound. I was thinking maybe BK left house in a hurry and his car door is the thud. MOO
I justy read the AA again. The part about the thud comes before DM opens the door the third time and sees him. So I think it must be a sound from in the house. Unless something else was going on outside the house while he was in the house? So confusing! JMO

Oops..My bad! She opened the door three times, but saw him only once. It's easy to forget after only one week!

heard a male voice say something to the effect of "it's ok, I'm going to help you."
D.M. stated he opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and saw
figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking
towards her.

BK chose heroin...he's a drug addict who moved near Moscow and became fixated on a house of four innocent promising, friendly, non herion addict college students. I don't care what problems BK had prior to moving to Pullman. He was well enough to relocate and well enough to drive a car.
I might have to challenge you (nicely! :)) on him being "well enough to drive a car". He really didn't drive all that well IMO, and was pulled over a fair amount. So while I get what you were saying 'He's "well enough" to drive a car'... he certainly didn't 'drive a car very well'. ;)

All MOO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members