OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

I went out today and did some searching. I came home really depressed with the realization of just how abundant the places are around that area at which a little girls' body could be disappeared forever. The Washita River, Little Washita, other live creeks, reservoirs and... I also noted (because this hadn't crossed my mind before) all of the crude storage tanks in that area because that part of the state is in the SCOOP (South Central Oklahoma Oil Province) play. Mind went to the Watts babies.

<modsnip - psychic discussion or any discussion of a paranormal or metaphysical nature is not allowed>

Hope they find her soon so her little body can be handled with dignity, respect and love she apparently didn't get in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

HAPPENING NOW: To pray for 4-year-old Athena Brownfield, the Cyril community gathers for a candlelight vigil. Tonight at 10 on KWTV - NEWS 9, the latest on the search for the missing girl.
View attachment 395415
What a beautiful outcome of support. It shows that Athena is in the hearts of so many including all of us. She deserves SO MUCH MORE then what she got! I'm still looking for more arrests! IMO

I went out today and did some searching. I came home really depressed with the realization of just how abundant the places are around that area at which a little girls' body could be disappeared forever. The Washita River, Little Washita, other live creeks, reservoirs and... I also noted (because this hadn't crossed my mind before) all of the crude storage tanks in that area because that part of the state is in the SCOOP (South Central Oklahoma Oil Province) play. Mind went to the Watts babies.

<modsnip - Psychic discussion or any discussion of a paranormal or metaphysical nature is not allowed.>

Hope they find her soon so her little body can be handled with dignity, respect and love she apparently didn't get in life.
Thank you for searching!!!

<modsnip -psychic discussion or any discussion of a paranormal or metaphysical nature is not allowed.>

Please don't be discouraged.
We are with you as you search with your open heart and mind.

modsnip - psychic discussion or any discussion of a paranormal or metaphysical nature is not allowed>

It’s wonderful all that you are doing to help find her. <modsnip - Websleuths is fact based which means psychic discussion or any discussion of a paranormal or metaphysical nature is not allowed> Hopefully more will come to light today.

I completely agree with you, believe me, we feel the same about this poor child, the negligent adults and how sad and needless this whole situation is.

I just want to clear up, they or the biological parents (or both) would face charges for abandonment if they dropped the girls somewhere safe. At least those babies would be safe! But they may not have wanted to get authorities involved. In most states, you have only a small window after a baby is born to drop them off without criminal responsibility.

But they could have put the girls up for adoption at any age, if the bio parents had given them legal rights. Imo, it doesn’t seem like they had legal custody. Either way, I wish they had done the right thing. My heart breaks for these poor children.

There is a lot more involved with a private adoption than people know, so it's not that easy of a solution. I'm not disagreeing with you, but wanted to add what I feel is a more viable solution.

An option that is available is voluntary placement in foster care. A biological parent can voluntarily place their child in foster care with their local (DSS, DFS, CFS, whatever agency administers children's services in that state) and not be charged criminally (unless there is something to merit criminal charges, obviously.)

LDSS isn't just there to intervene and involuntarily place children in foster care. There are a lot of reasons voluntary placements may occur and LDSS is there to either help the parent achieve whatever goals are needed for the child to return to the home or to seek an alternative means of permanency through adoption or legal guardianship. One of the benefits to this is that the LDSS bears the cost of the child's care up to and potentially after the adoption, so it's a less-costly alternative to a private adoption.

Voluntary placements can turn into neglect proceedings on down the road if the parent doesn't take steps to meet their goals, and then there could eventually be an abandonment petition to terminate parental rights so the child can be freed for adoption, but those actions take time and depend on many different variables; in the meantime, the child is safe and being cared for by a foster parent. It's important to note that charges of neglect and abandonment under family court law is not the same as being charged criminally -- if someone places their child in foster care and then, for example, doesn't complete substance abuse treatment so the child can safely return to their custody, no one is arresting them and sending them to jail. If they leave the state and fail to maintain contact, abandonment proceedings are held to terminate parental rights, not to charge the person criminally.

I rarely see any information about this option mentioned on these threads, or shared with the public in any noticeable way. I fully get that it takes a parent being proactive to choose to voluntarily place their kid in care, and chances are that a parent who is willing to leave their kids with bad people is probably not going to take the steps to reach out to LDSS on their own, but maybe if more people knew it was an option we'd see less cases like this.

MOO.

[…] A biological parent can voluntarily place their child in foster care with their local (DSS, DFS, CFS, whatever agency administers children's services in that state) and not be charged criminally (unless there is something to merit criminal charges, obviously.)

LDSS isn't just there to intervene and involuntarily place children in foster care. There are a lot of reasons voluntary placements may occur and LDSS is there to either help the parent achieve whatever goals are needed for the child to return to the home or to seek an alternative means of permanency through adoption or legal guardianship. One of the benefits to this is that the LDSS bears the cost of the child's care up to and potentially after the adoption, so it's a less-costly alternative to a private adoption.

[…] It's important to note that charges of neglect and abandonment under family court law is not the same as being charged criminally -- if someone places their child in foster care and then, for example, doesn't complete substance abuse treatment so the child can safely return to their custody, no one is arresting them and sending them to jail. If they leave the state and fail to maintain contact, abandonment proceedings are held to terminate parental rights, not to charge the person criminally.

I rarely see any information about this option mentioned on these threads, or shared with the public in any noticeable way. I fully get that it takes a parent being proactive to choose to voluntarily place their kid in care, and chances are that a parent who is willing to leave their kids with bad people is probably not going to take the steps to reach out to LDSS on their own, but maybe if more people knew it was an option we'd see less cases like this.

MOO.
RSBBM
I’d wager that most people don’t know that voluntarily surrendering a child to CPS, DFS, DSS or the like is an option.
I, for one, have never heard mention of it.

I don’t know what it’d look like, but I think states that allow such surrenders should do public service announcements on all social media channels, youtube, TV, radio, billboards, etc. Of course making ads would take funds. I’m pretty sure lack of funds is a big reason that these gov’t run children’s and family service agencies have unfavorable reputations overall. IMO, they stay understaffed which begets all manner of ills.

I desperately wish for solutions to this seemingly ever-growing problem of unwanted children languishing til death.
1)How do we get the word out to parents about surrendering children with no negative consequences?
2) How do we put in the infrastructure to properly care for and keep track of surrendered children?

Maybe if Athena’s mother would’ve known she could relinquish the girls to foster care with no repercussions, she would have.

MOO

"A" = ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]
"5yoSis" = Athena's older sister, found wandering neighborhood on T Jan 10

AA = ALYSIA ADAMS - 32-year-old caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 for child neglect; estranged from husband IA, 4 children together - FB1 / FB2 / TikTok
IA = IVON ADAMS - caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 in Phoenix, AZ as 'fugitive from justice'; estranged husband of AA, 4 children together - FB

-------------------------------------------------

F JAN 6
updated presumed date of disappearance [6]

Sa JAN 7
  • initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City (1hr from residence) [13*]

Su JAN 8
AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City [13*]

M JAN 9
A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE held press conference [3] - transcripts by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concluded [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother spoke to media [5]
Th JAN 12 - ARRESTS
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]
  • PM - Caregiver Alysia Adams arrested on two counts of child neglect [8], Suburban seized from home [10vid1@0:55]
    View attachment 395124
  • [TIME?] - Caregiver Ivon Adams arrested in Phoenix, AZ under 'fugitive from justice' charge [9] - arrest papers
F JAN 13
  • $1000 reward offered by searchers [10vid1@1:00]
  • LE searched near family's former home near Rush Springs, OK [11]
  • IA in Maricopa County (AZ) Court - waived extradition hearing [12]
Sa JAN 14
  • heavy LE presence searching at creek reservoir in Grady County (where IA has connections) with boats, dive team [14]
  • PM - vigil held for A at City Hall[15]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
[8] Arrest made as search for missing - KFOR - Jan 12
[9] Second caregiver arrested - KSWO - Jan 13
[10] Second caregiver arrested w VIDEOs - KOCO - Jan 13
[11] Investigators searching for missing 4-year-old - News9 - Jan 13
[12] Ivon Adams, caretaker of Athena Brownfield - KSWO - Jan 13
[13*] Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok Obsessed Caregiver - DailyMail [*TABLOID] - Jan 13
[14] Heavy police presence at creek reservoir - KSWO - Jan 14
[15] Cyril community holds vigil - KFOR - Jan 14

------------------------------------------------

MOOs

Quick observation: Both the former family home (near Rush Springs, OK) and the creek reservoir (Grady County) are east of Cyril (about a half hour-ish), and Oklahoma City (where AA visited a new boyfriend on the 7th/8th) is about an hour northeast of Cyril. But Phoenix, AZ (where IA was arrested) is about 14 hours west of Cyril.

Obviously LE has some reason to be searching in those areas, but why backtrack to that area if the plan was to head to Arizona? (It's not like there isn't a bunch of empty nothingness through the panhandle!)

AB2.jpg
B

There is a lot more involved with a private adoption than people know, so it's not that easy of a solution. I'm not disagreeing with you, but wanted to add what I feel is a more viable solution.

An option that is available is voluntary placement in foster care. A biological parent can voluntarily place their child in foster care with their local (DSS, DFS, CFS, whatever agency administers children's services in that state) and not be charged criminally (unless there is something to merit criminal charges, obviously.)

Voluntary placements can turn into neglect proceedings on down the road if the parent doesn't take steps to meet their goals, and then there could eventually be an abandonment petition to terminate parental rights so the child can be freed for adoption, but those actions take time and depend on many different variables; in the meantime, the child is safe and being cared for by a foster parent. It's important to note that charges of neglect and abandonment under family court law is not the same as being charged criminally -- if someone places their child in foster care and then, for example, doesn't complete substance abuse treatment so the child can safely return to their custody, no one is arresting them and sending them to jail. If they leave the state and fail to maintain contact, abandonment proceedings are held to terminate parental rights, not to charge the person criminally.

MOO.
Thank you for this information. Just as you said, I’m writing back not to disagree with you. I think this needs to be a much more viable option. Unfortunately, even if a bio parent knew of this, in my state the child would be placed with family (kinship) whenever possible. In my personal experience, often the bio parents are estranged, do not want to get family involved, to admit they can’t handle their responsibilities, or wish to punish their family, even if the family is willing to take the child.

In this case, the bio mom apparently trusted her cousin, imo. I’m not defending any adults in this situation, but it may have seemed like a married couple with 4 kids was a safe and stable home, which appears to be a tragic decision. Jmo

It is almost impossible to complete an adoption or a voluntary relinquishment to foster placement without an attorney in my state. Trying to pursue proper care for a child when the bio parents are chronically impulsive, abusing substances, etc., makes it unlikely they would know about or look for these responsible options, as you said.

Options like these must be easier for the protection of these precious kids. Moo

Thank you for this information. Just as you said, I’m writing back not to disagree with you. I think this needs to be a much more viable option. Unfortunately, even if a bio parent knew of this, in my state the child would be placed with family (kinship) whenever possible. In my personal experience, often the bio parents are estranged, do not want to get family involved, to admit they can’t handle their responsibilities, or wish to punish their family, even if the family is willing to take the child.

In this case, the bio mom apparently trusted her cousin, imo. I’m not defending any adults in this situation, but it may have seemed like a married couple with 4 kids was a safe and stable home, which appears to be a tragic decision. Jmo

It is almost impossible to complete an adoption or a voluntary relinquishment to foster placement without an attorney in my state. Trying to pursue proper care for a child when the bio parents are chronically impulsive, abusing substances, etc., makes it unlikely they would know about or look for these responsible options, as you said.

Options like these must be easier for the protection of these precious kids. Moo

Also, the parent's obligation to provide financial support for the child does not stop if temporary legal custody is transferred to another person or to the State:

Both parents would be expected to provide financial support as long as that parent has a legal relationship with the child.

If AA added these girls to an existing food stamp case, Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement has located the mother & father(s)/alleged father(s). IMHO perhaps mother & father(s)/alleged father(s) are incarcerated imho.

Long ago, I worked paternity establishment in a Title IV-D agency. Quite an education, that.

Last edited:
"A" = ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]
"5yoSis" = Athena's older sister, found wandering neighborhood on T Jan 10

AA = ALYSIA ADAMS - 32-year-old caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 for child neglect; estranged from husband IA, 4 children together - FB1 / FB2 / TikTok
IA = IVON ADAMS - caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 in Phoenix, AZ as 'fugitive from justice'; estranged husband of AA, 4 children together - FB

-------------------------------------------------

F JAN 6
updated presumed date of disappearance [6]

Sa JAN 7
  • initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City (1hr from residence) [13*]

Su JAN 8
AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City [13*]

M JAN 9
A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE held press conference [3] - transcripts by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concluded [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother spoke to media [5]
Th JAN 12 - ARRESTS
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]
  • PM - Caregiver Alysia Adams arrested on two counts of child neglect [8], Suburban seized from home [10vid1@0:55]
    View attachment 395124
  • [TIME?] - Caregiver Ivon Adams arrested in Phoenix, AZ under 'fugitive from justice' charge [9] - arrest papers
F JAN 13
  • $1000 reward offered by searchers [10vid1@1:00]
  • LE searched near family's former home near Rush Springs, OK [11]
  • IA in Maricopa County (AZ) Court - waived extradition hearing [12]
Sa JAN 14
  • heavy LE presence searching at creek reservoir in Grady County (where IA has connections) with boats, dive team [14]
  • PM - vigil held for A at City Hall[15]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
[8] Arrest made as search for missing - KFOR - Jan 12
[9] Second caregiver arrested - KSWO - Jan 13
[10] Second caregiver arrested w VIDEOs - KOCO - Jan 13
[11] Investigators searching for missing 4-year-old - News9 - Jan 13
[12] Ivon Adams, caretaker of Athena Brownfield - KSWO - Jan 13
[13*] Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok Obsessed Caregiver - DailyMail [*TABLOID] - Jan 13
[14] Heavy police presence at creek reservoir - KSWO - Jan 14
[15] Cyril community holds vigil - KFOR - Jan 14

------------------------------------------------

MOOs

Quick observation: Both the former family home (near Rush Springs, OK) and the creek reservoir (Grady County) are east of Cyril (about a half hour-ish), and Oklahoma City (where AA visited a new boyfriend on the 7th/8th) is about an hour northeast of Cyril. But Phoenix, AZ (where IA was arrested) is about 14 hours west of Cyril.

Obviously LE has some reason to be searching in those areas, but why backtrack to that area if the plan was to head to Arizona? (It's not like there isn't a bunch of empty nothingness through the panhandle!)

View attachment 395550
B
Do we know the exact date IA and 4 kids left for Arizona or when they arrived? Did they leave before or after AA left to see new bf? IA may have disposed of AB going east and then left for AZ so he wouldn't have to deal with the situation with his kids along. MOO

Also, the parent's obligation to provide financial support for the child does not stop if temporary legal custody is transferred to another person or to the State:

Both parents would be expected to provide financial support as long as that parent has a legal relationship with the child.

If AA added these girls to an existing food stamp case, Oklahoma Child Support Enforcement has located the mother & father(s)/alleged father(s). IMHO perhaps mother & father(s)/alleged father(s) are incarcerated imho.

Long ago, I worked paternity establishment in a Title IV-D agency. Quite an education, that.
I imagine that was interesting work!

Of all the reasons that I can think of for giving her babies to her cousin, impending incarceration makes the most sense. IMO
Maybe cousin’s did look more like a stable home back then, too, as @Tower was saying. With that in mind, even had biomom been aware of a service where she could turn them over to an agency without penalty, she likely would have still made the same choice to keep them in her family.

Do we know the exact date IA and 4 kids left for Arizona or when they arrived? Did they leave before or after AA left to see new bf? IA may have disposed of AB going east and then left for AZ so he wouldn't have to deal with the situation with his kids along. MOO
AFAIK, the exact date is not known , or that info hasn’t been released to the public, at least.
On question 2, I’ve only seen unconfirmed chatter - nothing that can be linked here. DailyMail says something about when AA left vs when AB went missing, if you’re open to believing what DM reports.
Still, that doesn’t give an idea of when IA left.

Random thought...but what kind of vehicle did the caregivers drive with 6 children? I'm not sure of the ages but at least the younger kids would be in booster seats. 6 children from a logistical viewpoint when traveling would require a vehicle with 2 full back rows at least. I can't understand why those young girls were left home alone Does anyone know who would help with the kids when the caregivers worked or just wanted a date night? Would it have been common for them to be dropped off with grandparents?

A neighbor told KFOR he saw an OSBI car in front of Athena’s home Sunday morning. That’s where Athena was living when she disappeared.

“I saw the vehicle over there. But I didn’t pay attention, I was on my way to church,” said Randy Ellis, Athena’s neighbor.

The home is also the home of the older sister, <modsnip>, who walked out of and approached the postal worker on Tuesday which sparked the investigation into Athena’s disappearance.
kfor.com

OSBI investigators revisit home of missing 4-year-old in Cyril Sunday

The search continues for missing 4-year-old Athena Brownfield who disappeared from Cyril earlier this week. Sunday morning, authorities revisited a site they’ve searched before.
kfor.com
kfor.com

A neighbor told KFOR he saw an OSBI car in front of Athena’s home Sunday morning. That’s where Athena was living when she disappeared.

“I saw the vehicle over there. But I didn’t pay attention, I was on my way to church,” said Randy Ellis, Athena’s neighbor.

The home is also the home of the older sister, <modsnip - Athena’s sister>, who walked out of and approached the postal worker on Tuesday which sparked the investigation into Athena’s disappearance.
kfor.com

OSBI investigators revisit home of missing 4-year-old in Cyril Sunday

The search continues for missing 4-year-old Athena Brownfield who disappeared from Cyril earlier this week. Sunday morning, authorities revisited a site they’ve searched before.
kfor.com
kfor.com
Thanks for the article and good to see you back....❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members