Deceased/Not Found MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article linked here is paywalled but I don't see anything new, really. It does however, remind me of Ana's friend AK's comments that the Walshe living arrangement had become a source of tension, and that it had been a “very tense Christmas." This, in addition to begging her mother to come for a visit at the same time.

I don't know where it's coming from that the searches were before she went missing.
I haven't seen anything in the MSM to indicate this, but I do admit I have not read every link.
I didn’t read anything with a date when the search happened either. I would also like to know where this information is coming from.

BW listed the Warhols on eBay but never sold them on eBay. He sold one set of fake Warhols directly to an art dealer in California who specializes in Warhol art by showing him over and over the authentic Warhols that BW had in his possession. BW had the real ones because he had stolen them from a friend of his. BW then had a 2nd set of forgeries of the same Warhols made and sold those in France. He probably also sold the authentic Warhols but the FBI says after years of trying to track them they do not know where the real Warhols are.

BW stole something that didn't belong to him and sold it at least 3 times which gave him at least hundreds of thousands of dollars. Seems like a good con man to me. Maybe I made a bad choice of words... how about an accomplished con man? I'm not praising the man, I think he is a _____ and I hope he spends the rest of his life in Walpole State Prison drinking toilet wine while thinking about those $3,000 bottles of whiskey he never got to open.
No. Mr Walshe listed them for sale on ebay for 100k. Gallery/dealer in LA bought them for 80k. When they came to Boston to pay w/cashier's check /pick up the 2 Warhols, the fun began.

I saw an interview with a woman with whom she was friends in DC. I think her last name was Kirby. She said that she had gone out dancing on Thursday Dec 29th with her in DC and that Ana flew back to Boston on Dec 30th. I was surprised that she had gone back to work for week between Christmas and New Year, but she probably was afraid to be alone with BW, thus urging her mother to come over, asking GM to come over on NYE.
Adding that AW Instagram also shows that she went to Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets game on Dec 23rd.

Maybe she had agreed to work this much around the holidays...since she had not even been there a year, yet....
But it still appears that she is having a lot more fun in DC then home with family.

I think that AW stayed in DC til at least the morning of Dec 24th (since she went to hockey game in DC on night of Dec 23rd), that she urged her mother to come to US the next day, that she was back in DC for week between Christmas and New Year, and called a friend to come to house on NYE is evidence of her not wanting to be alone with BW. It wouldn’t surprise me if she had in fact told him she had a work emergency and planned to leave the morning of the 1st to go back to DC and he wasn’t happy about it…
This is shaping up to be a really good hypothesis about what was going on, @MissSuzie

JAN 15, 2023

Missing Ana Walshe's friend issues grim prediction for her whereabouts: 'One in a million chance' she's alive

[...]

Walshe's friends, Natasha Sky and Pamela Bardhi, joined "Lawrence Jones Cross Country" Saturday to discuss Walshe's disappearance as investigators continue to probe the case.

"I have to ask, and forgive me for asking this question, but do you believe Anna is alive or do you believe Anna is dead?" host Lawrence Jones asked the pair on Saturday.

"One in a million chance," Sky said. "That's what I would answer, and not because… Pamela and I know her personally, how Ana is driven and how she's independent. She would find a way to reach out to people if something would happen to her."

[...]

Sky noted Brian Walshe, Ana's husband, exhibited strange behavior and was rarely with her in social settings.

Lawrence Jones asked her about Brian's alleged "no picture policy," which has prompted many critics to question the pair's dynamic. He noted how few pictures of Ana there are online.

"She was hiding, truly," Sky said.

[...]

This is shaping up to be a really good hypothesis about what was going on, @MissSuzie
Well, of course, no spouse would be happy about how much time she was spending away and they might complain or even yell about it, but they wouldn’t kill and dismember you for it! BW’s tales seem to always weave lies through the truth (e.g., told LE he went to Wholefoods and another store -CVS? -for errands, leaving out that the errand was disposal of trash bags that probably had evidence of murder) so maybe AW had in fact even come in to give him a perfunctory kiss goodbye (to make him feel loved just like the message she is believed to have written on champagne box) and sadly it backfired and ended up being a kiss of death. :-(

I think that AW stayed in DC til at least the morning of Dec 24th (since she went to hockey game in DC on night of Dec 23rd), that she urged her mother to come to US the next day, that she was back in DC for week between Christmas and New Year, and called a friend to come to house on NYE is evidence of her not wanting to be alone with BW. It wouldn’t surprise me if she had in fact told him she had a work emergency and planned to leave the morning of the 1st to go back to DC and he wasn’t happy about it
This makes so much sense to me. IMO. She did not want to go home even tho the children were there. She trusted they would be safe, that he was 'after her'. I kind of even see a reality in her saying she did have that work emg..not him.

Last edited:
I justed added the following updated timeline to the Media & Timeline thread:

Brian Walshe Timeline

Jan/75 - Brian Reza Walshe born

Apr/83 - Ana Ljubicic born in Serbia

1983? - BW’s father ‘abandons’ family [per BW statement]

2003 - BW’s parent divorce

Summer 2005 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2006 - AW works in Little Washington VA

Summer 2007 - AW works in NYC

Prior to 2008 - Ana marries Mark Knipp; becomes Ana Knipp

May’08 – 2010 - AW works in Lennox MA

2008 - BW meets Ana Knipp at Wheatleigh Hotel in Lennox, MA

Sep/10 – Feb15 - AW works at Willard ICH in Boston [Ana’s LinkedIn]

Prior to 2011 - BW steals > $500k from father in temporary borrowing deal re house flip [source: FP affidavit]

Aug 2/14 - AW files report with DC police that BW threatened to kill her and friends [Files police report

2014 - Ana divorces MK. [Knipp marriage/divorce]

Feb/15 - BW gives AW Maserati as Valentine’s gift

Feb/15-Mar/17 - AW director of Front Office, InterContinental, Boston area

Jun 2015 - BW reported address is 425 Massachusetts Ave NW, DC. [per Cavalry debt collection complaint]

Dec 21,2015 - BW & AW get married in Boston [source: Warhol fraud complaint at link Thread 2 #10]

Apr 2016 - AW purchased residence. (Residence later connected to Warhol fraud.)

May 1/16 - TW will dated May 1 2016 which disinherits BW. [per JO affidavit]

2016 - BW & AW have first child, Thomas

2016/17? - BW’s father, TW, has stroke

Nov 2016 - BW commits Warhol fraud

Mar/17 - ?/19 - AW works as Head of Front Office, Taj Hotels

Sep 21/18 - BW’s father dies in India

Oct/18 - BW indicted on federal wire fraud charges re Warhol paintings.

Nov/18 - BW pleads not guilty to fraud charges re Warhol paintings

Late 2018 - BW destroys father’s (TW) will

Dec/18 - BW gets himself appointed as Personal Representative for TW’s estate [Supplemental Sentencing Memo]

2018/19?? - BW posts TW estate assets for sale

Jul 2019 - Andrew W appointed by courts as Special Personal Rep for TW’s estate, and obligates BW to account for what happened to the assets.

Sep 2019 - BW objects to appointment of Andrew W re father’s estate

Oct 2019 - 2nd child born

Nov/19-Apr/20 - AW Director with Newbury Boston

Feb 2020 - cell phone copy of TW’s will admitted into probate [source: supplemental sentencing memo]

Dec/20 - 3rd child born

Aug/20–Feb/22 - AW Director Ops with Mutlu Group. (Note that G Mutlu was at NYE w BW/AW day she went missing.

Apr 2021 - BW pleads guilty re Warhol fraud. Gets non-imprisonment sentence w conditions.

Sep 7/21 - AW writes letter to judge praising BW, with goal of BW avoiding prison time [AW Letter mentioned]

Oct/21 - court about to file home confinement sentence on BW when bank raised issue. Sentence agreement suspended as a result.

Nov/21 - AW posts on her LinkedIn/IG that BW is hosting a ‘Money is Emotional’ workshop

Dec/21 - AW’s mother visiting AW/BW. Has medical emergency. BW takes her to emerg. Helps her with her recovery.

Feb 2022 - AW takes new job in DC at Tishman Speyer as a regional property manager.

Mar 2022 - BW & AW sell Jerusalem Rd home in Cohasset

Apr 2022 - FBI raid on DC apartment building where AW had recently become property manager on behalf of her employer. [FBI raid in DC]

Jun 2022 - Ana submits 2nd supportive letter to the sentencing court for BW, mentioning her mother’s medical incident. Ana’s mother and sister also file supportive letters. [see attached exhibits here: BW supplemental sentencing exhibits]

Jun 2022 - gov’t file supplemental sentencing memo re B’s Warhol fraud (repeats original request for 30 month sentence, based on perjury and non-compliance w conditions). [Supplemental Sentencing Memo]

Nov 2022 - AW visits Serbia

Dec 2022 - rush to sell off assets for cash (Dec 28/29) – car, apartment

Dec 26/22 - AW asks mother to come the next day. Mother says she can’t.

Dec 27/22 - AW was supposed to visit her friend ‘CW’. AW cancels. [thread 1, #494]

Dec 31/22 - GEM joins AW and BW for NY Eve celebration

Jan 1/23 - Gem leaves between 1-1:30 am.

Jan 1/23 - AW reported to have left between 4-5 am via rideshare for airport. BW says AW said she had a work emergency and had to go to DC. AW did not have a flight booked and did not fly to DC.

Jan 1/23 - BW says he drives to mother’s home to Swampscott. “gets lost”. unaccounted time.

Jan 2/23 - AW’s phone connected to a cellphone tower for last time at 3:14 a.m. within a quarter-mile of the area of Reservoir Road (0.7 miles from family's home. [Police log]

Jan 2/23 - BW caught on cctv at Home Depot buying tarps, cleaning supplies, etc. On cctv at juice

bar.

Jan 3/23 - AW had a scheduled flight from MA to DC for work. She didn’t make this flight.

Jan 4/23 - AW’s employer calls BW saying AW didn’t show up at work.

-AW’s employer contacts LE to report LE missing

Jan 6/23 - LE tells media AW is missing. LE commences search around AW’s home and surrounding area (including woods by Stop & Shop)

Jan 6/23 - fire breaks out at former Jerusalem Rd home of BW/AW. LE reports unconnected to case.

Jan 7/23 - LE continues search. Drains pool at BW/AW rental home on Chief Justice Cushing Hwy in Cohasset.

Jan 8/23 - BW arrested for obstruction.

Jan 9/23 - BW arraigned. Prosecutors announce that bloody knife found in basement of home.

Jan 9/23 - LE remove dumpsters from BW’s mother’s apartment complex in Swampscott.

ETA: This is still not complete; lacks sources in many cases; and likely contains some errors. I won't be offended if others want to contribute! ;) And special thanks to @PommyMommy for setting up that incredible media & timeline thread.

Thank you for the very useful timeline.

I don’t know if Ana’s mother originally got her dates wrong, but she first told a Serbian newspaper that Ana called her around the 20th (she then said the 26th to Fox news):
"She called me around December 20 and said: "Mom, can you come to my place tomorrow?" I was surprised and answered her that I need time to get ready and that I will come at the beginning of January. She then told me that I don't have to come even then, because she has plans with her husband. I don't understand why she insisted that I come then and so soon, I really don't know."

It’s in Serbian and I used google translate. : "MAMA, DA LI MOŽEŠ DA DOĐEŠ KOD MENE SUTRA": Milanka otkrila šta joj je nestala ćerka Ana tražila pre 10 dana MISTERIJA SVE VEĆA

This may be too minor of a detail, but at the 3:24 mark of this interview, GM said that on NYE while he was at the Walshe’s home, Brian said he had misplaced his phone.

In a text to his tenant, he wrote he found his phone on the 2nd:

FF000BD6-9764-4F47-AEDB-474E7F6A1962.jpeg

Well, of course, no spouse would be happy about how much time she was spending away and they might complain or even yell about it, but they wouldn’t kill and dismember you for it! BW’s tales seem to always weave lies through the truth (e.g., told LE he went to Wholefoods and another store -CVS? -for errands, leaving out that the errand was disposal of trash bags that probably had evidence of murder) so maybe AW had in fact even come in to give him a perfunctory kiss goodbye (to make him feel loved just like the message she is believed to have written on champagne box) and sadly it backfired and ended up being a kiss of death. :-(
BBM

This is really good point. I read somewhere awhile back that in spousal missing cases, when the words "Goodbye" ( recounting the last time they saw them, be it said by one or the other) enter the language of the partner of the missing, it may, or can point to the time, there or there about of the demise of the missing at there hands. A stretch i know, but this case is far out there nothing would surprise me anymore.

MOO (Speculation)

ETA: Missing text

Last edited:

A man who was arrested following the disappearance of his wife had attended a life coaching group that promised to “inspire loyalty, trust, and love and compassion in all your relationships.”

Just years before her disappearance Ana had convinced her husband to join the Boston Breakthrough Academy, the New York Post reports.

The organisation offered an array of services and tutorials, including a podcast uploaded to its website titled “Steps to Ending a Toxic Relationship."

During his time there, Walshe was known as "Head and Shoulders" for his luscious locks and "cool guy" persona.

More at link.

Last edited:
Just my hinky meter, but knowing Now what a Conman BW is, I went back to the first thead. This is MOO, but that house fire in their old home, was only a couple days after AW was reported missing. What if all BW running around to North shore, spotted at dumpsters on cameras, whole foods, cvs, mothers place, was a con to get police away from where he put AW. That fire, attic, collapsed roof, FD could not get inside house at first but (I hate to think this) but could AW remains been placed somehow in the attic where it would burn evidence? One thing we now know is BW knows how to con people! Again MOO but I can't get that strange house fire out of my mind. How thorough a search did police do of that house after BW arrest?

Just my hinky meter, but knowing Now what a Conman BW is, I went back to the first thead. This is MOO, but that house fire in their old home, was only a couple days after AW was reported missing. What if all BW running around to North shore, spotted at dumpsters on cameras, whole foods, cvs, mothers place, was a con to get police away from where he put AW. That fire, attic, collapsed roof, FD could not get inside house at first but (I hate to think this) but could AW remains been placed somehow in the attic where it would burn evidence? One thing we now know is BW knows how to con people! Again MOO but I can't get that strange house fire out of my mind. How thorough a search did police do of that house after BW arrest?
I had written early on as well, as just because it was called not connected by Fire Marshal office, didn't mean it was not connected. Some things LE keeps very close to the vest of course and might of just said, say not connected till we figure out more about all this. I think he chopped up in small pieces as much as he could for easier 'disposal' all around to not draw attention to any 'bundles'. He bought an axe even is what gave me this idea. Just typing away in a detached mode of course!

I had written early on as well, as just because it was called not connected by Fire Marshal office, didn't mean it was not connected. Some things LE keeps very close to the vest of course and might of just said, say not connected till we figure out more about all this. I think he chopped up in small pieces as much as he could for easier 'disposal' all around to not draw attention to any 'bundles'. He bought an axe even is what gave me this idea. Just typing away in a detached mode of course!
Anything is possible, but given that the homeowners of the Jerusalem Rd house were home at the time of the fire, and presumably home in general during the broader timeline, this means that BW would have had to gain access to the house and futz with the fireplace insert (in a competent enough way) to start the fire either while they were home or during a window of time when he knew or observed they were not in the home to be triggered at some later time.

Well, I don’t know that she was actually frightened of him, per se, but I’m sure things were not very pleasant. I seriously doubt she felt her life was in danger (she did not even hint at trouble to her mother), but I think this is a classic pattern of distancing.

During his time there, Walshe was known as "Head and Shoulders" for his luscious locks and "cool guy" persona.
Really? He was known as "Head and Shoulders," as in people would refer to him that way? It sounds kind of unlikely that that's a legit nickname.

In fact, if someone ever did have "Head and Shoulders" as a nickname, I would assume that's because he had a lot of dandruff.

IMO we do not know when it happened - I have not seen a date for when he googled about getting rid of a 115lb body

This article says the google search was done 2 days prior to her disappearance. I also found another article that said the search was done 2 days prior but some other articles have said in the 2 days "surrounding" her disappearance?

I also found another article where BW allegedly threatened to kill Ana and a friend in 2014.

Sounds like he had been thinking about it before, maybe as long as 8 years prior?

Anything is possible, but given that the homeowners of the Jerusalem Rd house were home at the time of the fire, and presumably home in general during the broader timeline, this means that BW would have had to gain access to the house and futz with the fireplace insert (in a competent enough way) to start the fire either while they were home or during a window of time when he knew or observed they were not in the home to be triggered at some later time.
I know, so it does seem impossible and hugggggggggge reach by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151