Found Deceased IL - Cheyann Klus, 22, Chicago, 2 Dec 2017

I know it's easy to believe that her friend Chad had anything to do with it, but police were all over him initially and have ruled him out. If you think about it, they were likely able to see Chad's movements that night via GPS on his cell phone. Also, if he did in fact pick her up, why wasnt there any texts reflecting that? He didn't know where she was so how would he have picked her up if the last communication between them was her asking for help and then nothing? You could say he called her but there's no record of that either.

I could be missing something here, I mean it's always possible that he did do it, but it seems unlikely.

All great points- thank you for sharing them. I'm just so puzzled by this case and so sad that its not gotten wider media attention (or at least years later hasn't.) Someone has to know something...

“As her immediate family [father, sisters, brothers, nephews] in mourning, we ask for privacy as we grieve the unbearable loss of a daughter, sister, aunt, and a human being. We plan to hold a private memorial service for Cheyann amongst us, but we hope that everyone can find solace in knowing that she has been found and respectfully laid to rest," Mariah Klus posted on Facebook.

In 2017, authorities learned Klus traveled to Chicago and was seen the night of Dec. 1 in the 2100 block of North Kilbourn in the city’s Hermosa neighborhood, the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office said.

In mid-December, investigators learned Klus may have been in the area of the Mallard Lake Forest Preserve in Hanover Park during the timeframe when she was last seen, the sheriff’s office said. The area was searched on Dec. 22, but Klus was not located and plans were made to search the area again in better weather.

[h=3][FONT=HelveticaNeueW01, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]She was last seen in 'K-Town' (the nickname for that area of the West Side of Chicago where most of N-S streets names begin with the letter 'K'), which is an incredibly dangerous area of the city - that area averages around 20-30 murders/month. It's the place to go if you're in a gang, looking for drugs, or involved in something illegal. [/FONT][/h]
K-town is in the North Lawndale neighborhood, not Hermosa

LE didn't release where she was found. Likely because of possible criminal charges.

I'm glad she was found. It rules out the dumpster landfill fears I had early on in this case.
I can't believe it's been 5 years. I am glad her family has some closure now. LE usually doesn't release information in a death investigation, but being a death investigation doesn't necessarily mean it's a criminal investigation. RIP Cheyann.

I can't believe it's been 5 years. I am glad her family has some closure now. LE usually doesn't release information in a death investigation, but being a death investigation doesn't necessarily mean it's a criminal investigation. RIP Cheyann.

I agree, I notice her family was asking for privacy, not for justice

[h=3][FONT=HelveticaNeueW01, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]She was last seen in 'K-Town' (the nickname for that area of the West Side of Chicago where most of N-S streets names begin with the letter 'K'), which is an incredibly dangerous area of the city - that area averages around 20-30 murders/month. It's the place to go if you're in a gang, looking for drugs, or involved in something illegal. [/FONT][/h]
Is there a link that states this? or is this an opinion?

Is there a link that states this? or is this an opinion?
It's an incorrect opinion. K-town is in Lawndale and it's violent. But it does not (nor does any other neighborhood in Chicago) have 20 - 30 homicides per month. More importantly, Klus wasn't in Lawndale, she was in Hermosa. Hermosa also has an entrenched gang problem and it's violent, but not as violent as Lawndale. FWIW, Lawndale is African American and Hermosa is Hispanic. Hermosa is also in the process of gentrifying, although this wasn't as pronounced 5 years ago.

The remains were found March 16, 2020, on the 6800 block of South Dorchester Avenue in Chicago. The cause and manner of death are undetermined, according to a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Source Daily Herald.

The remains were found March 16, 2020, on the 6800 block of South Dorchester Avenue in Chicago. The cause and manner of death are undetermined, according to a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Source Daily Herald.
That's about as far from Mallard Lake as you can get in the Chicago area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back