OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

How can Alysia, a mother herself, witness such a horrific murder then go on with her life as if everything's rosy? He's toast but I hope Alysia pays for her inaction too. MOO

Snipped for focus: It's clear that neither of them had any care for either of these children. I wouldn't treat a child I'd never met before with such disdain, let alone one who was left in my care. I wonder how well the bio mother knew AA? <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
"A" = ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]
"5yoSis" = Athena's older sister, found wandering neighborhood on T Jan 10

AA = ALYSIA ADAMS - 32-year-old caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 for child neglect; estranged from husband IA, 4 children together; cousin of A's mother [18] - FB1 / FB2 / TikTok
IA = IVON ADAMS - caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 in Phoenix, AZ as 'fugitive from justice'; estranged husband of AA, 4 children together - FB

MAP: View attachment 395550

-------------------------------------------------

~2021 ("at least a year" [17]; "a year and a half ago" [18]; "approximately 1.5 to 2 years" [19])
A and 5yoSis entrusted into care of AA and IA

Su DEC 25
~12PM - [according to AA's Jan 12 confession] IA beat A to death [19]

M DEC 26
~1AM = [according to AA's Jan 12 confession] IA left with A's body, said he buried her near fence at old residence in Rush Springs and placed a broken branch over the burial site [19]
4:15AM to 5:30AM - phone records show IA traveling to Rush Springs [19]

T DEC 27

W DEC 28

Th DEC 29

F DEC 30

Sa DEC 31

Su JAN 1

M JAN 2

T JAN 3

W JAN 4

Th JAN 5

F JAN 6

updated presumed date of disappearance [6]

Sa JAN 7
  • initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City (1hr from residence) [13*]

Su JAN 8
AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City [13*]

M JAN 9
A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]; 5yoSis stated that she was home alone and tired of being alone [19]
  • during phone call with LE, AA asked where A was [19]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE held press conference [3] - transcripts by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concluded [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother spoke to media [5]
Th JAN 12 - ARRESTS
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]
  • PM - Caregiver Alysia Adams arrested on two counts of child neglect [8], Suburban seized from home [10vid1@0:55]
    View attachment 395124
  • AA interviewed, confessed to LE that IA had beaten A to death on Dec 25 [19]
  • [TIME?] - Caregiver Ivon Adams arrested in Phoenix, AZ under 'fugitive from justice' charge [9] - arrest papers
F JAN 13
  • $1000 reward offered by searchers [10vid1@1:00]
  • LE searched near family's former home near Rush Springs, OK [11]
  • IA in Maricopa County (AZ) Court - waived extradition hearing [12]
Sa JAN 14
  • heavy LE presence searching at creek reservoir in Grady County (where IA has connections) with boats, dive team [14]
  • PM - vigil held for A at City Hall[15]
Su JAN 15
  • AM - LE revisited residence [16]
M JAN 16
  • LE stated that this is now considered a "recovery operation" [17]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
[8] Arrest made as search for missing - KFOR - Jan 12
[9] Second caregiver arrested - KSWO - Jan 13
[10] Second caregiver arrested w VIDEOs - KOCO - Jan 13
[11] Investigators searching for missing 4-year-old - News9 - Jan 13
[12] Ivon Adams, caretaker of Athena Brownfield - KSWO - Jan 13
[13*] Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok Obsessed Caregiver - DailyMail [*TABLOID] - Jan 13
[14] Heavy police presence at creek reservoir - KSWO - Jan 14
[15] Cyril community holds vigil - KFOR - Jan 14
[16] OSBI investigators revisit home - KFOR - Jan 15
[17] OBSI: Search for 4-year-old - KOAM - Jan 16
[18] Family of Missing 4-year-old - KWTV - Jan 16
[19] Court Docs: Athena Brownfield Killed on Christmas - KSWO - Jan 17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MOOs
Absolutely infuriating but sadly not too far from what I expected had happened.

I do not, however, believe for a second that AA's hands are clean here. Your husband beats a 4-year-old child to death on Christmas and you don't immediately grab the rest of the kids, get someplace safe, and call the police? That she would just go on with life as usual -- and leave her children and the victim's sister in the man's care again -- speaks volumes to me.

What happened in that three-hour gap of time between when AA claimed IA left with A's body and when his phone records actually show him leaving? IMO, that, and the condition of A's body I think are going to be damning evidence against both of them.

It's also horrifying to realize how long it would have taken anyone to even realize A was gone if AA and IA had not left 5yoSis by herself. It was already over two weeks between her death and when she was reported missing; how much longer before someone else would have noticed had it not been for that mail carrier finding 5yoSis?
Wnk Ty for the updated timeline

So much sadness, anger and pain!
Did either precious Athena or her big sis EVER experience love?

I prefer <modsnip - WS does not condone or promote violence of any kind> punishment for "uncle Ivon", just sayin

On a more positive word, there are Angels among us.

Thankfully, as mentioned before..the mail carrier recognized trouble. She is an angel, as is the waitress in ( Florida I think ?) who recognized neglect and abuse and wrote a sneaky note to the boy..rescuing him from further abuse...

To the thousands of parents and relatives who DO see signs, and DO say something, rescuing and removing children from harm and probable monsters. They are out there! Along with the scores of Foster Parents around, as well as we here at WS who love, and search and pray. Angels surround us. We just need more!!

Peace
And fly with the Angels Athena!

From your link, my bolding:

Ivon Adams, 36, and his estranged wife Alysia Adams, 31, had been caring for Athena and [her sister] for two years at their home in Cyril, Oklahoma.
When investigators interviewed Alysia on January 12, she revealed that Ivon beat Athena to death around midnight on Christmas, the court documents revealed, according to KSWO.

She said that Ivon beat the child and held her up by her arms. She was not moving and her eyes were barely open. He then laid her on the ground and punched her at least three more times in the chest.

Ivon then left the house on West Nebraska Avenue with her body around 1 a.m. on December 26.
Phone records reportedly showed Ivon leaving the home and traveling to Rush Springs around 4:15 a.m.
It was also claimed in the court documents that Ivon and Alysia never took the girls to the doctor for checkups or enroll them in school.

As we all knew, this case turned out just like dozens of other cases we've followed; selfish, nasty adults who are incapable of loving or caring for innocent children.

LE said the bio parents are cooperating <modsnip - not victim friendly>.

It also angers me that IA and AA were able to fly under the radar by never taking the girls to the doctor or enrolling them in school They were a bit young for school but it's telling that they never saw a doctor.

I still believe (IMO) that Ivon beat Athena to death after Alysia split with him. How could she go off on a tryst with a new man while knowing about the violence against Athena? Nasty, nasty people.

<modsnip - not victim friendly> Like I said earlier, Oklahoma isn't messing around regarding death penalty cases. Waiting to see what comes next...

All MOO

ETA: Question: What went on between 1 am and 4:15 am?
Exactly my question too!

From your link, my bolding:

Ivon Adams, 36, and his estranged wife Alysia Adams, 31, had been caring for Athena and [her sister] for two years at their home in Cyril, Oklahoma.
When investigators interviewed Alysia on January 12, she revealed that Ivon beat Athena to death around midnight on Christmas, the court documents revealed, according to KSWO.

She said that Ivon beat the child and held her up by her arms. She was not moving and her eyes were barely open. He then laid her on the ground and punched her at least three more times in the chest.

Ivon then left the house on West Nebraska Avenue with her body around 1 a.m. on December 26.
Phone records reportedly showed Ivon leaving the home and traveling to Rush Springs around 4:15 a.m.
It was also claimed in the court documents that Ivon and Alysia never took the girls to the doctor for checkups or enroll them in school.

As we all knew, this case turned out just like dozens of other cases we've followed; selfish, nasty adults who are incapable of loving or caring for innocent children.

LE said the bio parents are cooperating <modsnip - not victim friendly>.

It also angers me that IA and AA were able to fly under the radar by never taking the girls to the doctor or enrolling them in school They were a bit young for school but it's telling that they never saw a doctor.

I still believe (IMO) that Ivon beat Athena to death after Alysia split with him. How could she go off on a tryst with a new man while knowing about the violence against Athena? Nasty, nasty people.

So yeah, <modsnip - not victim friendly> Like I said earlier, Oklahoma isn't messing around regarding death penalty cases. Waiting to see what comes next...

All MOO

ETA: Question: What went on between 1 am and 4:15 am?

Generally, I am not a big fan of the death penalty, however, reading this I found myself thinking that there should be the option of the dp being carried out in the exact manner the victim was murdered in this case. A needle in the arm is far too compassionate. JMO.

Athena's hauntingly sad eyes will never leave me.

There's an article here in the thread that shows LE searching a body of water, like a retention pond ?
If AA says Athena was buried near a fence line of a past residence, wouldn't LE be looking there ?
Unless Athena was moved , and LE's search only revealed an empty hole in the ground ?

I'm torn between wanting LE to find her poor battered body, and IA striking a 'deal' in exchange for her remains ?
Makes me sick to think about it. :mad:
M00.

Generally, I am not a big fan of the death penalty, however, reading this I found myself thinking that there should be the option of the dp being carried out in the exact manner the victim was murdered in this case. A needle in the arm is far too compassionate. JMO.

Athena's hauntingly sad eyes will never leave me.
bbm
Agreed.
The first photo of her on page one here looks like she had small, healing bruises on her face and possible wounds to her lower lip ?
I thought it was just dirt at first, but the small spots look greenish.
And such sad, hopeless eyes.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
It bothers me if they both endured abuse for the entire time they were placed with AA and IA, <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Of course there are situations, where the bio family (parents/grands/etc.) are prevented from access to the kids.
But in that case I'd be beating down LE's and DCFS' doors !
Asking for a "wellness" check at least.

I know it can be complicated regarding the laws that are in place.
It's sad to think they both might have been rescued before this !
M00.

Exactly my question too!
Yeah, the timeline's a bit wonky. According to the arrest affidavit Alysia told the detective that Ivon murdered Athena around midnight of Christmas Day then left with her body around 1 am on December 26. When he returned (no time given) he said he buried her body on property in Rush Springs. Rush Springs is about a half hour drive from Cyril.

But Ivon's phone records indicate that between 4:15 am and 5:30 am his phone traveled to Rush Springs. So there's a discrepancy between the two stories. Why?

Speculation (so JMO): There was a longer interval between the beating and Athena's death and Alysia doesn't want to admit it since it would mean she had time to call 911 for help. IMO she wasn't afraid for her safety otherwise she'd have called police for herself.

So just how deeply involved was Alysia? If Ivon cuts a deal to remove a possible DP charge maybe then we'll learn more. MOO

Edited to Add: A second possibility is that Ivon left his phone home for the earlier drive and then returned to the site at 4:15 am for reasons unknown, this time having his phone with him. MOO again

Last edited:

I’m all the way vexed at how one could watch another human (especially an innocent child) be beaten to death and then not run straight to authorities.

Going off for the weekend and allowing the man who took a child's life to caretake 5 others (including 4 of your own) blows my mind.

It's worse even than Casey Anthony, IMO.

How anyone could go off to party and have fun, when in the BEST CASE SCENARIO a child under your care is at least MISSING, is just pure, pure evil.

So Casey Anthony killed her own child (I guess I have to say allegedly because of the NG verdict), and then went out to party. Her own child.

AA allegedly did not kill Athena, and Athena is not her own child. BUT she was responsible for that child and she knew IA killed her, and she went off to have some romance with her new guy.

Unlike Casey Anthony's case and why I think this is even worse, is due to all the other children under the "care" of these rotten people. The small mercy in the Anthony case is that there were no other endangered children besides sweet Caylee.

Jmo

UPDATE: REMAINS RECOVERED IN GRADY COUNTY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GRADY COUNTY, Okla. (January 17, 2023) - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) has recovered the remains of a child in rural Grady County outside of Rush Springs. At this time, the OSBI cannot confirm the remains are those of Athena Brownfield. The remains will be transported to the Medical Examiner's Office in Oklahoma City for positive identification.
This is a active homicide investigation and until the remains are positively identified, the OSBI will not be commenting further.

My heart is broken. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I never thought Athena was gone that long. I just pray that they find her, so she can have a proper resting place. Another beautiful child gone too soon, but forever safe with Jesus.

It's worse even than Casey Anthony, IMO.

How anyone could go off to party and have fun, when in the BEST CASE SCENARIO a child under your care is at least MISSING, is just pure, pure evil.

So Casey Anthony killed her own child (I guess I have to say allegedly because of the NG verdict), and then went out to party. Her own child.

AA allegedly did not kill Athena, and Athena is not her own child. BUT she was responsible for that child and she knew IA killed her, and she went off to have some romance with her new guy.

Unlike Casey Anthony's case and why I think this is even worse, is due to all the other children under the "care" of these rotten people. The small mercy in the Anthony case is that there were no other endangered children besides sweet Caylee.

Jmo
This is where I’m at. I’m thinking OK will have to add new charges, right? If this happened this way, on Christmas, she goes on after that happened to leave 5 kids, 4 of her own and another she’s responsible for ALONE with a man she WATCHED murder a 3 yr old. It doesn’t take much to understand this is a HORRIBLE idea. IMO MOO

Yeah, the timeline's a bit wonky. According to the arrest affidavit Alysia told the detective that Ivon murdered Athena around midnight of Christmas Day then left with her body around 1 am on December 26. When he returned (no time given) he said he buried her body on property in Rush Springs. Rush Springs is about a half hour drive from Cyril.

But Ivon's phone records indicate that between 4:15 am and 5:30 am his phone traveled to Rush Springs. So there's a discrepancy between the two stories. Why?

Speculation (so JMO): There was a longer interval between the beating and Athena's death and Alysia doesn't want to admit it since it would mean she had time to call 911 for help. IMO she wasn't afraid for her safety otherwise she'd have called police for herself.

So just how deeply involved was Alysia? If Ivon cuts a deal to remove a possible DP charge maybe then we'll learn more. MOO

Edited to Add: A second possibility is that Ivon left his phone home for the earlier drive and then returned to the site at 4:15 am for reasons unknown, this time having his phone with him. MOO again

IMO these are very dangerous activities for people who are getting ready to blow their marriage up. So I have trouble believing the marriage went south with them both knowing that ONLY he did this horrible murder? Ummmmm….

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back