ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, he very well did take advantage of that wooded area behind the house. From the PCA, it seems like cameras didn't capture where he parked. I think he parked on Queen Rd, where it curves right behind the house and is wooded on either side of the road. Then he walked through the woods to the kitchen sliding door. I'd be really curious if in any of his previous twelve visits, he parked in the same spot and watched them from those woods.
That makes sense. I guess I'm wondering that if he was careful enough to do that on the night, and perhaps on previous occasions of watching, wouldn't he have checked out the cameras on Queen street and planned accordingly for the actual night? Plus the PCA suggests he at one point on the night attempted a park in front of the house (at that 4.04am time stamp) but failed to complete it. So, actually I'm putting down his eventually park on the night to lucky coincidence (for him)! MOO

Per the PCA, the surviving witness thought she heard KG say “someone is here” around 4 a.m. I have wondered if she possibly thought that was her ex boyfriend arriving since she had been trying to call him earlier. MOO

Question for those who have experience with Phd level academic schedules: WSU's academic calendar shows the first day of instruction was August 22nd. Would that also be true for the Phd calendar? And is there anything for a student to do, or anyone to supervise them prior to that first day of instruction? I keep seeing that he started his studies in July, and I'm just confused about how he could have begun his studies a month before the first day or instruction. Thanks!
In my experience there can be a big difference between how a continuing Ph.D. student spends summers and how a beginning Ph.D. student spends the summer before officially beginning a fall program. I'm sure schools, areas of study, and faculty vary. But in my experience, faculty are likely to show a commitment to their continuing students but may not start to develop much of a a relationship with new students until the start of the semester. New students who will teach in fall may have dept or college/school-level obligations re: some sort of "teaching training" (& that could easily be in July for an August start of classes) but it would be unusual in my experience for a faculty member to be supervising the research of a brand-new student who is technically not yet enrolled at the university. For example, in a human research area like Psychology/Sociology/Criminology/Criminal Justice, approval for use of human subjects must be sought from an Institutional Review Board. Hard to do with a non-student. A faculty member could easily ask students in his/her research lab so do summer reading and may have a few summer meetings. But some faculty prefer for "meetings" to wait until fall. Some faculty travel to conduct research in summers as well.

I expect many grad students do show up in the university area at least a few weeks early. It's good to be comfortable in the town. And even if some weeks the student will live on ramen noodles, it's good to know where the cheapest grocery store is before the deluge of work begins. The first semester/first year can be a real challenge.
JMO

Insta has a link for LE officials as far as subpoenas. My gut on this says a PI couldn't get this info. I'd actually find it terrifying if a PI could get this info! Imagine your stalker, your angry ex, etc. being able to hire a PI to find out from your DMs where you are, who you're seeing, where you work?

I have a feeling if a PI had access to this information, it was shown to him by a friend or family member who had access to the account either through the device itself or through knowlege of login credentials. MOO

Insta has a link for LE officials as far as subpoenas. My gut on this says a PI couldn't get this info. I'd actually find it terrifying if a PI could get this info! Imagine your stalker, your angry ex, etc. being able to hire a PI to find out from your DMs where you are, who you're seeing, where you work?

Id prefer for PIs not to be able to access that info, but if a deceased victim's family request the info, are they entitled to it (or entititled to authorise the PI to it on their behalf?) Sorry if this has already been discussed. After the crime perhaps the family do not have these rights because of it's potential to interfere with the investigation and that also makes complete sense to me.MOO

But how does he know K is now driving the range rover that she bought the day before? If he's been stalking her for awhile, he connects her to her old car not the range rover.

I think he was after Maddie. Ran into her at her job and became fixated on her. Saw her name on the receipt or name tag. Didn't know her last name.

I wonder what a google search of "Maddie,Moscow Idaho " before the murders pulled up. Would that have pulled up Maddie's instagram or facebook? Maddie isn't a common name and neither is Xana or Kaylee. That's the problem I have with all these unique names. So easy to find somebody without their last names.

It seems like you can blend in more with a traditional name like Kim, Lisa, Laura, Mary. If you have a traditional name, somebody needs to take that extra step of finding your last name in order to stalk you.
Mad Greek recently posted a memorial post for M and X. In it, they said that M was in charge of all of their social media accounts. She likely tagged herself in some of their posts. It would have been really easy to find her, unfortunately.

Per the PCA, the surviving witness thought she heard KG say “someone is here” around 4 a.m. I have wondered if she possibly thought that was her ex boyfriend arriving since she had been trying to call him earlier. MOO
I thought that was in reference to the DD driver bringing the food. In the PCA the investigator points out it may have been X that said it. Just thinking that DM would know whether the voice came from above or to the right on her level. JMO

I have a feeling if a PI had access to this information, it was shown to him by a friend or family member who had access to the account either through the device itself or through knowlege of login credentials. MOO
Do you think family login credentials would give family access to the deceased's direct messages going back to October? Or the ability to request historical data from insta? I don't know off hand so that's why I'm asking :)

Just tossing something out that just occurred to me (since I recently posted I thought Kaylee might have been the only intended victim). Maybe the 'overkill' was simply because she was first, and his arm got tired after repetitive motion which couldn't have been the easiest thing to do. All MOO.
Lots of possibilities for sure.

Is it possible girls upstairs were killed before 4, xk went down to get food, killer went to her bedroom, killed e, and she came in as that happened or killer was hiding behind door etc, she saw E and that’s when survivor heard “It’s ok, I’m going to help you”

Yes, you are correct. I should clarify. There was no DNA of Bryan's on the sheath except for the snap. As a warrant, you would expect to find more DNA of BK if it was his knife sheath. For this reason, some people speculate that the sheath was wiped clean by BK and left on purpose.
We don't know there was no more of Bryan's DNA on the sheath. There could have been lots more. Presumably if there was, it was mixed with the victims' blood.

I that thought about that "someone is here" statement. The PCA didn't state how D heard that statement, meaning how was it emphasized.

"Someone's HERE!" (spoken at a normal volume or loudly)
or
"SOMEONE'S here..." (spoken softly or even a whisper)

IMO the first one could be meant with excitement or without fear but the second one would is more questioning or worried. I think that makes a big difference in the expectation of whomever actually said it.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I guess I'm wondering that if he was careful enough to do that on the night, and perhaps on previous occasions of watching, wouldn't he have checked out the cameras on Queen street and planned accordingly for the actual night? Plus the PCA suggests he at one point on the night attempted a park in front of the house (at that 4.04am time stamp) but failed to complete it. So, actually I'm putting down his eventually park on the night to lucky coincidence (for him)! MOO
Good points, especially about the cameras. It does make one wonder how much planning he truly did in that regard.

The PCA said the 4:04 move was an unsuccessful attempt at parking OR turning around. IMO, since he then went to the intersection of King/Queen and did the three point turn, I think he was attempting to turn around. Since we know X was awake that morning, my personal feeling is that the reason he went back and forth on the road (vs parking and sitting in the woods) was because he could only see her bedroom window from the front. So he went back and forth until her light was off, then parked back on Queen, maybe? Perhaps at some point he saw the lights were all off and he wasn't accounting for X still being up and on her phone. Just a thought.

Id prefer for PIs not to be able to access that info, but if a deceased victim's family request the info, are they entitled to it (or entititled to authorise the PI to it on their behalf?) Sorry if this has already been discussed. After the crime perhaps the family do not have these rights because of it's potential to interfere with the investigation and that also makes complete sense to me.MOO
MOO, I hope not. Imagine a person is murdered and the estranged spouse is charged. Should that spouse, a family member, be able to access the victim's DMs? In this case, whatever crimes were committed by BK (and I believe he committed everything with which he's charged), he did nothing illegal in sending "hello" DMs to someone who never saw them, so having a family member access them wouldn't change his current criminal charges. MOO.

I that thought about that "someone is here" statement. The PCA didn't state how D heard that statement, meaning how was it emphasized.

"Someone's HERE!" (maybe spoken at a normal volume or loudly)
or
"SOMEONE'S here..." (maybe spoken softly or even a whisper)

IMO the first one could be meant with excitement or without fear but the second one would is more questioning or worried. I think that makes a big difference in the expectation of whomever actually said it.
It is important.

I think all those erratic movements with his car were him getting up his nerve to finally commit the crime. "Should I do it, or should I not? Is tonight the night?"

And the other 12 times he had been there in the past? Same thing. Trying to get up the nerve. And, in his mind, I bet he thinks it was a total success. He killed people, and perhaps more than he had bargained for. Bonus! He finally got to experience for himself how it felt to take someone's life. We know from his Reddit survey that he was honestly interested in knowing that. <modsnip - name calling not allowed>
Has it been determined that the cell towers in Moscow are such that phones can be tracked to specific houses? In my memory, they were discussing him being in "the area."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member