ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickies is known in my area for selling these in the winter:

Bryan seems like a disorganized, incompetent dolt who masquerades as a successful academic. It is almost inconceivable that he would fail to understand the basics of modern forensics. Either he has been framed, he was acting under the influence of drugs or he was in an extreme mental state of psychosis. Will an IQ test be conducted?
He managed to kill four young people, including a man his size. I agree that his prep & cleanup are looking bad if suspicious items become significant evidence.

It's terribly sad the part he got right were the murders. I don't really think he was trying to be a master criminal but if he was, his lack of organizational skills or other decompensating parts of his mental faculties made success tenuous at best.

What was the trigger for acting on that night?

Is he already writing his book?

I'd love to see his mental health eval when he was first jailed.

MOO

It's possible the animal hair belongs to one of the family dogs in PA. His dad flew out to drive back with him and very easily could have had a bit of dog hair on his clothing. There's a virtual tour of those apartments on the WSU website that may show the flooring.

jmo

If it's dog hair, then I assume they will do DNA testing on it to see if it is a match with Murphy.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!
I think Marshalls would list the brand right on the receipt. I sure hope so.

I also hope like heck that a bunch of people noticed him wearing Vans. Best of all, I hope there are family pictures and school pictures of him wearing Vans. Preferably found right on his own phone.
Whatever was bought at Walmart can be easily determined as well. When an item is scanned, even if the descriptor on the receipt is not specific, there is a unique SKU number printed, which one quick call to Walmart can result in the answer to what the item was. JMO

The search warrant was expected to remain sealed until March 1, 2023, and Whitman County estimated the murder investigation would come to a close within two months. However, the motion to unseal the search warrant said the release of the "extensive" probable cause affidavit has alleviated the need for the warrant to be sealed.

Can someone help me out here? Who made the motion to unseal the search warrant? If the PCA was considered extensive, why did they seal the warrant in the first place? I really am in the dark half the time, trying to come up to speed on the legalities in these cases.

I was thinking about the type of searches that could be incriminating. (Page 2 of search warrant) SO if he searched for murders after the Time of death but prior to 11:58 when 911 was called is what I was trying to say, that would be incriminating. JMO
Yes, that would be very incriminating.

I also think searches before the killings looking for specific places in the body to stab to kill or incapacitate quickly or searches about the best way to get rid of blooding clothing and evidence.

I can't imagine he didn't leave blood in his car when he got in after such violent killings. Unless, he basically stripped off everything, jumpsuit, shoes, socks, mask and put them in a huge bag--I think blood would be all over the car's interior.

Even if he did that, it would be difficult to put all of that in a bag without getting more on the clothing beneath. And, if his eyes were visible, I imagine some blood splattering in that area as well.

I really think they're going to find the victims' blood in either his car or his apartment. Or, both.

The search warrant was expected to remain sealed until March 1, 2023, and Whitman County estimated the murder investigation would come to a close within two months. However, the motion to unseal the search warrant said the release of the "extensive" probable cause affidavit has alleviated the need for the warrant to be sealed.

Can someone help me out here? Who made the motion to unseal the search warrant? If the PCA was considered extensive, why did they seal the warrant in the first place? I really am in the dark half the time, trying to come up to speed on the legalities in these cases.
I would like to know the answer to that myself. And, I read through the whole thing and I can't figure out why the prosecution would think it would reflect badly on them (paraphrase) or cause the investigation to come to a halt.

Any thoughts, anyone?

So you don't think the defense can mention that his apartment was searched and that nothing was found to incriminate him? (If that's how the defense sees the facts?)

I think they can and will, if they are at all able. They'll try to show that LE investigated BK thoroughly and found no fibers at his home to connect him (incriminate him). What is your word for the opposite of "incriminate"?

Also, on a different topic, there's no mention of them taking plumbing items out of the apartment, which concerns and exasperates me. Perhaps this warrant was re-served at some point, but really, they should have taken the sink trap/U pipe and the shower drain should have been removed and taken to lab.

If all of that was done and there was absolutely no evidence of victim DNA in that apartment, that helps the defense quite a bit. IMO.

And if it turns out there was only, say, a Vans receipt, when they put the detective on the stand for the prosecution, the defense will go down a checklist of other things looked at which did NOT point at BK.

IMO. That can create reasonable doubt in some people and it's easy to bring in if the prosecution calls a person who was lead on the search of the apartment (which they will do if there's any evidence they think shows that he is guilty).

I think this scenario (in the event the evidence taken does not point to BK) is highly likely. I think the defense would love to have evidence such as this.

I also agree they should have removed the drain traps because that seems to be a likely place for blood to linger when he showered and washed after the killings. I hope they did re-serve the warrant and get those items.

Lots of factors in play with that. If the track was left that far away from the bedroom it was likely by someone who stepped in a pool of fresh blood before it started to coagulate and dry. Even if people were in the house such as at the time of the 9-1-1 call you can simply recreate their actions and determine if they stepped in a blood pooled area.
IMO they were other bloody shoe prints. The mention of only one, near where DM stood, was all that was needed for the PCA. It reaffirms her statement that someone else unknown and wearing a mask, was in the home. The PCA does not have to say where each and every print was, that would be giving away the offender's path through the residence; something ONLY the murderer would know. You can't disclose that type of investigative information, IMO

Probably already said, but not an impressive list of things seized at his apartment. I've seen a lot of hubbub about the stained mattress and pillows, but those kinds of stains tend to appear on their own with prolonged use.

My opinion.
Really? The only "blood" on mine is from errant nail polish & I doubt BK was polishing his toenails.

At some point we will know if the items listed are evidence of guilt or not.

I'm willing to wait & see before discounting ALL of it.

JMO

Whatever was bought at Walmart can be easily determined as well. When an item is scanned, even if the descriptor on the receipt is not specific, there is a unique SKU number printed, which one quick call to Walmart can result in the answer to what the item was. JMO
Something interesting I just learned about walmart, if you have an online account and use a card for payment, when you use that card in store it puts the items you purchased in your online account and tracks what you buy. I am sure he paid in cash but this development could help cases in the future, and a bit big brotherish.

Something interesting I just learned about walmart, if you have an online account and use a card for payment, when you use that card in store it puts the items you purchased in your online account and tracks what you buy. I am sure he paid in cash but this development could help cases in the future, and a bit big brotherish.
I just noticed that on my Walmart app account today. I think they just started doing that. Of course, I was using the same form of payment for both kinds of purchases recently.

I would like to know the answer to that myself. And, I read through the whole thing and I can't figure out why the prosecution would think it would reflect badly on them (paraphrase) or cause the investigation to come to a halt.

Any thoughts, anyone?
I was curious about this phrasing in the warrant from Officer Daniels:

This information is being provided to the court pursuant to my duty and obligation to be fully candid with the court. I do not believe this information is exculpatory for the suspect. However, if the court believes it is exculpatory, then the court should consider this supplemental disclosure in its evaluation of the existence of probable cause, or lack thereof.

But I am specifically asking the court to NOT consider this supplemental disclosure as evidence supporting the existence of probable cause.The reason for this request is that if the dna test results are held inadmissible at some point, such a ruling would not impact the finding of probable cause for this warrant, so long as this court is satisfied as to probable cause regardless of the dna test result.

The warrant mentioned a pillow with no cover and a mattress cover with red stains, which sheets would go over, that they did not mention. JMO
Could be he threw them in the washing machine before he left for his trip. I always strip my bed before I go anywhere out of town. JMO

So you don't think the defense can mention that his apartment was searched and that nothing was found to incriminate him? (If that's how the defense sees the facts?)

I think they can and will, if they are at all able. They'll try to show that LE investigated BK thoroughly and found no fibers at his home to connect him (incriminate him). What is your word for the opposite of "incriminate"?
My original comment was only to explain that the MOO items taken from the apartment are not proof of his innocence and don't exonerate him from anything, from my experience and understanding of what those terms mean.

Nonincriminating is not a synonym for exculpatory or exonerate.

There is a receipt, for clothing that can't be located, It indicates that the suspect preplanned and discarded the clothes for the reason of not bringing evidence to his apartment. That won't help the defense.
And lack of a specific type of evidence is not the same as exculpatory and does not exonerate him, which specifically proves innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74