Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it was about changing opinion. Some people really don't like social services and I can see maybe some people would want to help the couple escape the "evil social services" but annoucing this would definitely change peoples opinions and make them more likely to come forward. There are so many vigilante peadophile hunting groups out there, I wonder if they are hoping to harness people like them to help hunt?
Crikey you'd hope not, all we know is aged 14 there was some kind of burglary with a physical assault/"battery" and a sexual offence. As to the rest of what he's done in his life...we just don't know. I'd hope people wouldn't use hunting or mob mentality especially postpartum with an isolated woman and newborn baby involved. Ain't nothing learnt with more violence :( I know you're not advocating, I just hope people reading don't think that's smart.

newFile-1.jpg

‘Beyond painful’: Dad of runaway aristocrat pleads with daughter to turn herself in

Crikey you'd hope not, all we know is aged 14 there was some kind of burglary with a physical assault/"battery" and a sexual offence. As to the rest of what he's done in his life...we just don't know. I'd hope people wouldn't use hunting or mob mentality especially postpartum with an isolated woman and newborn baby involved. Ain't nothing learnt with more violence :( I know you're not advocating, I just hope people reading don't think that's smart.
I agree, I really hope that people don't go down that way at all - and there's been a lot of criticism of those types of groups recently, as they aren't necessarily doing any good.

I am just cynical - people won't stop to read the full story of his conviction and think maybe there's more to it, they will just see the headline "sex offender" and have a knee jerk reaction :(

Her estranged father has now made an appeal in the Independent
I'm glad about this. I'm worried that if they are feeling hunted into a corner, and feel completely isolated (especially CM, who at one time appears to have been loved and sociable <modsnip>) the outcome could get very messy. Hopefully the rest of the family will reach out in appeal so she remembers that there is support and love if she needs it.

But also think this much be the only missing person's appeal containing the word "beseech" for a few centuries! Not wishing to make light of it, but it gives us a sense of who and what the family are, once again, more even than the photos of the ancestral home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it was about changing opinion. Some people really don't like social services and I can see maybe some people would want to help the couple escape the "evil social services" but annoucing this would definitely change peoples opinions and make them more likely to come forward. There are so many vigilante peadophile hunting groups out there, I wonder if they are hoping to harness people like them to help hunt?

I think people who lived near them already knew he was a SO, it wasn't news to them IMO. Just speculation on my part.

I agree, I really hope that people don't go down that way at all - and there's been a lot of criticism of those types of groups recently, as they aren't necessarily doing any good.

I am just cynical - people won't stop to read the full story of his conviction and think maybe there's more to it, they will just see the headline "sex offender" and have a knee jerk reaction :(
Has there been any word on what started the car fire...that seems to have started the whole situation now playing out?

Also, what exactly are the police's reasons behind wanting her to turn herself in if all that's occurred is she had a baby without a doctor's care? Is this all over a welfare check for the newborn or am I misunderstanding? TIA

Has there been any word on what started the car fire...that seems to have started the whole situation now playing out?

Also, what exactly are the police's reasons behind wanting her to turn herself in if all that's occurred is she had a baby without a doctor's care? Is this all over a welfare check for the newborn or am I misunderstanding? TIA
The car broke down, whether it just caught fire or something else has not been mentioned.
As many previous posts in this thread have mentioned, him being a sex offender, their lifestyle and having had other children prob means that SS were involved before the child was born, maybe past things have happened which have raised concerns. Am sure more info will come out over the next few days/weeks

How does LE know the baby is a boy? Are Constance and Mark in touch with someone? It would be very easy to pass off a newborn as either a boy or a girl.

I find this whole case very strange and feel like there is so much more to it we're not being told. While there would be concern for any mother who receives no prenatal or postnatal care as well as the infant, why such urgency in this situation?

The only info I could see re the car fire is;

Analysis of the burnt out vehicle suggests it was not intentionally set alight.

Not defending anyone but we have to remember that MG has served his time for the US offences. Unless he has committed more over here since then, then he is a free man, although with that type of conviction i imagine its a lifetime rock around his neck with regards to stigma/employment/travel/general acceptance. Whether his character has changed or not is a different matter... Was he completely mentally isolated after 20yrs in jail as a juvenile? did the experience stunt him emotionally during the important adolescent years?-i should think so. So maybe he struggles with mental health as well..im just being objective ! However tgat all aside, the main thing is that the mother & baby are well & cared for

How does LE know the baby is a boy? Are Constance and Mark in touch with someone? It would be very easy to pass off a newborn as either a boy or a girl.

I find this whole case very strange and feel like there is so much more to it we're not being told. While there would be concern for any mother who receives no prenatal or postnatal care as well as the infant, why such urgency in this situation?
Probably because the father has a past conviction

I wonder does 8 years fit in with when CM met MG?
Seems so, by all accounts it was around 2015/2016. 2016 is when she dropped out of her acting school, possibly went dark on Facebook and stopped answering friends if you read through the above stories. They were aware she met a guy around that time and papers say she moved in with Gordon that year as well.

Might be his doing, though from the way she abruptly quit acting school after a row with a teacher, it might also have been a unstable period of her life in any case.

If we can guess from the Facebook photos in 2020, assuming they were recent I'd guess she started to have kids with him around maybe 2018? Now he is a registered SO, and so will be managed via MAPPA, I would say without other offending at level 1, but let's say he's level 2 but has no offences against kids. Doesn't mean an automatic protection order, however say SS did decide he couldn't be around a baby of theirs (or not unsupervised etc) due history/ more present concerns.

However, unless she has significant issues of her own, usually she would be allowed to keep them, living apart (which she has plenty of money/support to do comfortably) AND if SS is convinced she would actually safeguard her kids effectively. She has the resources to fight SS, far beyond most mothers in her position. The fact she can afford the best lawyers and make any accomodation SS could ask for - yet still (it appears) doesn't have her other kids and is running with this one... Well it's concerning to say the least.

Its very sad it has come to this seeing as they had lived a hidden,under the radar, transient life for the past 6-8years. Now every aspect of their lives is on full view in the media and public eye- sadly they are now in a bit of a mess, the daily emotional stress must be awful for CM. <modsnip - no link>

Its very sad it has come to this seeing as they had lived a hidden,under the radar, transient life for the past 6-8years. Now every aspect of their lives is on full view in the media and public eye- sadly they are now in a bit of a mess, the daily emotional stress must be awful for CM. <modsnip - no link>
Maybe only MOO/speculating, maybe they're so desperate for their family to be reunited and these are things they'd hope they could achieve on their own terms following disappearing with baby.

I haven't seen anyone say this yet, maybe because we shouldn't talk about minors but there's something that would have been devastating if they were still seeing the children but weren't living with them: lockdown. Remember the social media posts of photos were all on the same day in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member