TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Today would be Hailey's 25th Birthday. I wonder where she would be today, what her life would be like if it hadn't been taken from her? Would she have went to college, been married, had a child, a career? I'm sad we'll never know the answers to those questions.

Shawn Adkins took Hailey's life 4,263 days ago. That's an awfully long time to wait for justice.

Today would be Hailey's 25th Birthday. I wonder where she would be today, what her life would be like if it hadn't been taken from her? Would she have went to college, been married, had a child, a career? I'm sad we'll never know the answers to those questions.

Shawn Adkins took Hailey's life 4,263 days ago. That's an awfully long time to wait for justice.
Wow, 25. Hard to believe. Your post really brought that home. How much longer will the wait be for justice? :(

Katydid, I feel like it was more than just touch DNA. Remember when Billie lied to LE about Shawn being at her house when they came to collect DNA? Did they ever collect that DNA? I am assuming they did, so I feel it has to be something that was found with Hailey's remains that linked him. Maybe there was DNA they sent off forever ago that just now was returned and they were able to arrest him. I wish we could see a trial soon, but I know it isn't going to happen.
That search warrant was related to the CP allegations, it had nothing to do with HD. It would not have been for DNA (since DNA is irrelevant for a CP case), more likely it was a warrant to search his person for items he may have had in his possession.

Last edited:
Nolan County is still a very conservative county here in Texas. Lots of farmers, ranchers and good hard-working people who I think will not look kindly on SA. JMO
Presumably they are still capable of being an impartial jury who looks at the evidence alone to make a decision and not their political or social beliefs. I don't see why being conservative or liberal has any bearing on the outcome if the jury is performing their role properly. If it does have a bearing then they are behaving improperly.

In any case, there may not be a jury at all. I am not sure how things are done in Texas but in most jurisdictions an accused has the option of a bench trial, which is definitely an option someone might consider if the local population already has a strong bias against them. Judges present different issues though, so not really a good option if it can be avoided. But under those circumstances I think it more likely that the trial would just be moved somewhere else.

This mother lied too many times, waffled too much on details and gave nothing but excuses for awful parenting.

The child was not in her bed that morning. She was already dead and ready for transport.

Mom needs some jail time.

After Adkins was arrested I signed up for Vinelink notifications. This afternoon, I got a text saying Shawn Adkins was released from custody on 1/23/23 - sentence served :eek:

Guess there was a glitch on Vinelink, cause I checked and he's still in custody. Anyone else?

After Adkins was arrested I signed up for Vinelink notifications. This afternoon, I got a text saying Shawn Adkins was released from custody on 1/23/23 - sentence served :eek:

Guess there was a glitch on Vinelink, cause I checked and he's still in custody. Anyone else?
Yikes. I hope not.

That's strange. There has been no official explanation as to what happened. It's concerning due to the recent escape at the facility (October 2022), even though the escapee was captured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back