SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Murdaugh's son Paul Murdaugh sustained grisly fatal injury: expert

Alex Murdaugh is accused of blasting his 22-year-old son Paul Murdaugh twice with a shotgun at the family's sprawling South Carolina estate, leaving horrific wounds that were described in graphic detail this week by a state forensic expert in a new court filing.

The second bullet entered Paul Murdaugh's left shoulder traveling into his neck and brain, wrote state forensic expert Dr. Kenneth Kinsey in an affidavit. "Brain was completely detached from head," which would have caused immediate death, Kinsey said the report.

They refer to “a bullet” from 2 shotgun shots. I wonder if it’s a slug, buck shot, or what? At any rate that is a powerful explosion and destructive as described.

They refer to “a bullet” from 2 shotgun shots. I wonder if it’s a slug, buck shot, or what? At any rate that is a powerful explosion and destructive as described.
It says in the report that the first shot to the chest was a buckshot from several feet away. The second shot and fatal shot was a close range bird shot.

Alex Murdaugh is accused of blasting his 22-year-old son Paul Murdaugh twice with a shotgun at the family's sprawling South Carolina estate, leaving horrific wounds that were described in graphic detail this week by a state forensic expert in a new court filing.

The second bullet entered Paul Murdaugh's left shoulder traveling into his neck and brain, wrote state forensic expert Dr. Kenneth Kinsey in an affidavit. "Brain was completely detached from head," which would have caused immediate death, Kinsey said the report.
LE and emergency crew don’t get the gratitude they deserve for the work that they do… can’t imagine going into a scene such as this to deal with.
Their strength and courage is incredible, really there are no words.

I’m really interested to see this blood evidence offered since so much has been made of it. The evidence is there or it isn’t and this motion looks like it will force the states hand with it. I hope so anyway.
After the last hearing where the court ruled that the state had to hand over everything about the blood spatter, who didn't see this motion coming?!!

Motion
Thanks for the link.

Perhaps Dick H should temper his protest -- seems a bit personal and Tom Bevel is huge in this industry (and Forensic Files too)!

This case has intrigued me from the beginning. Initially, I didn't feel Alex was involved. The timing of the murders where just days before Alex was due in court to produce financial records because he was being sued by the Beach family regarding the death of their daughter Mallory due to his son Paul. Paul was driving the boat intoxicated that was owned by Alex that resulted into her death. It was "assumed" the murders were revenge.

I looked into the families Facebook accounts that were public and I found it odd that Alex didn't post much of anything on FB but within a week of the murders he posted that his FB account had been hacked. I thought this was odd. First of all, if you are not a regular FB user and your wife and son have been brutally murdered, and then a few days later, your Dad passes away? This was the first red flag for me. You have lost 3 family members and have three funerals in a week, yet you are concerned about your FB account that you barely use that's been hacked. That should have been on the bottom of his list of worries.

Then September rolls around and the fake flat tire and suicide attempt. This is when I really believed Alex killed his wife and son. As we all know the Murdaugh family has controlled Hampton County for over 100 years. I honestly think he thought he would get away with these murders because he was a Murdaugh. In his sick mind he believed the murders of his wife and son would be blamed on the upcoming Beach trial as a revenge killing. He wanted to delay anyone looking into his finances and believed this distraction would do the trick.

I'm not sure about his addiction or not or how extensive it was, I think it was a sympathy/lawyer move. He took millions of dollars from innocent people who had suffered. And for what? Because his family was powerful, and he could. He used those millions of dollars to fund his lifestyle because he was too lazy to make his own money. It's really sad and pathetic on how many families he stoled from and hurt just to benefit himself. Then at the end he murdered his wife and youngest son. His oldest Son has literally lost everything. Buster has lost his mother, brother, and now his dad is going on trial for their murders. My heart goes out to him. Really sad.

This case has intrigued me from the beginning. Initially, I didn't feel Alex was involved. The timing of the murders where just days before Alex was due in court to produce financial records because he was being sued by the Beach family regarding the death of their daughter Mallory due to his son Paul. Paul was driving the boat intoxicated that was owned by Alex that resulted into her death. It was "assumed" the murders were revenge.

I looked into the families Facebook accounts that were public and I found it odd that Alex didn't post much of anything on FB but within a week of the murders he posted that his FB account had been hacked. I thought this was odd. First of all, if you are not a regular FB user and your wife and son have been brutally murdered, and then a few days later, your Dad passes away? This was the first red flag for me. You have lost 3 family members and have three funerals in a week, yet you are concerned about your FB account that you barely use that's been hacked. That should have been on the bottom of his list of worries.

Then September rolls around and the fake flat tire and suicide attempt. This is when I really believed Alex killed his wife and son. As we all know the Murdaugh family has controlled Hampton County for over 100 years. I honestly think he thought he would get away with these murders because he was a Murdaugh. In his sick mind he believed the murders of his wife and son would be blamed on the upcoming Beach trial as a revenge killing. He wanted to delay anyone looking into his finances and believed this distraction would do the trick.

I'm not sure about his addiction or not or how extensive it was, I think it was a sympathy/lawyer move. He took millions of dollars from innocent people who had suffered. And for what? Because his family was powerful, and he could. He used those millions of dollars to fund his lifestyle because he was too lazy to make his own money. It's really sad and pathetic on how many families he stoled from and hurt just to benefit himself. Then at the end he murdered his wife and youngest son. His oldest Son has literally lost everything. Buster has lost his mother, brother, and now his dad is going on trial for their murders. My heart goes out to him. Really sad.
And even if Alex is not convicted of murder, he will be in prison the rest of his life for the financial crimes, if justice is served. So Buster has no immediate family. At least there are uncles and cousins.

And even if Alex is not convicted of murder, he will be in prison the rest of his life for the financial crimes, if justice is served. So Buster has no immediate family. At least there are uncles and cousins.
But the most atrocious act AM had done is murder his own wife and son. I want him to be held accountable for the lives of Maggie Murdaugh and Paul Murdaugh. They mattered and deserve justice. <along with his financial victims>

MOO

But the most atrocious act AM had done is murder his own wife and son. I want him to be held accountable for the lives of Maggie Murdaugh and Paul Murdaugh. They mattered and deserve justice. <along with his financial victims>

MOO

I hope they have rock solid proof that he committed the murders and not trying to win a double murder case with the financial crimes. Proving he is a crook and proving he is a killer are very different and that jury will see that I’m sure.

Edit to add that I had thought today would be a busy courtroom hustle with last minute legal moves but I guess we are in for the trial. Monday will likely be jury and process stuff.

Last edited:
I've stated this numerous times in the past but I feel the blood spatter is one of the most critical pieces of evidence. It literally places AM within 36" of the victim. (whether he pulled the trigger or not)

I don't think we've seen exactly what the issue was but the fact that it ended up being consumptive testing is a huge issue for the state. Should this be excluded, it will be a monster win for the defense. Just my take

Joseph Scott Morgan gives compelling reasons for why the results of testing on the shirt changed. This Impact of Influence podcast (86. A Forensic Expert Weighs In on Alex’s Defense Motion) is a valuable listen. IMHO. I have so much respect for Joe Scott’s insight.

Motion
On motion PDF page 51 - Exhibit A: Expert Opinion of Dr. Kinsey, attached (Expert Opinion IQ-12, p.10) Dr. Kinsey states it is his opinion that someone other than Paul removed Paul’s cell phone from his back pocket after Paul received the fatal (second) shot and then placed it on his buttocks. [BBM]

Did we not hear a different version from AM?

A representative from Snapchat has been subpoenaed to testify at Alex Murdaugh’s upcoming murder trial about a video his son, Paul, sent to friends in the last hour of his life. It is one of two such orders signed by Circuit Court Judge Clifton Newman… <snipped>

The orders ask California judges to compel Google and Snapchat to send witnesses who can testify to the authenticity of the state’s digital evidence. A representative from Snapchat will be asked to review a video Paul Murdaugh sent out via Snapchat’s app to several friends at approximately 7:56 p.m. on June 7, 2021, the night that Paul and his mother, Maggie, were murdered. They are believed to have been shot and killed around 9:00 that night at the dog kennels…. <snipped>

Google has also been ordered to send a representative who can certify the authenticity of records that the Palo Alto-based search company provided in response to a search warrant. Their records indicated “no devices with google location data being stored by google were present at the time of the double murder,” according to the petition. …

Read more at: thestate.com/news/local/crime/article271426142.html

edit: to shorten

Last edited:
Both Snapchat’s and Google’s orders come with directives for California law enforcement, where their headquarters are located, to take the summoned witnesses into custody and deliver them to South Carolina if they don’t voluntarily appear for trial.

As the trial opens, several documentaries on the case are being prepared. One of those, Netflix’s Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal is set to debut as the trial concludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong