Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a change, then, no?

IMO holding people accountable is an important step towards a working environment in which crazy stuff does NOT happen "all the time."

then also creating an environment where creativity does not happen all the time too..

If camera angles, remote cameras, fake guns can be used, then there is no reason for REAL guns on a movie set, EVER.

jmo
I'm sure that real guns will eventually fade away from filming. The reckless actions by AB and others on the set of "Rust" when using real guns make that outcome likely. JMO.

Thought it was posted early -- this was a non-union production? Part of cost-saving sought by the producers?

well this I am not sure.. but there is insurance and other entities involved and maybe the production could be non union and the participants are still union. If no union is involved then they have to defend themselves against these ridiculous charges. They should seek the advice of Union attorneys .

they say it doesn't matter how or why there was a bullet..they gave up on that and moved forward with charges.

this for me is the only question to answer the liability. who put the round in the gun, and who is responsible for that gun on the movie set.

Baldwin will have the best attorneys. mOO

added..they say they decided to overlook the whole bullet question..they say we need to just forget about that because we will probably never know.. Does this sound right to you?

This is not the first time something like this has happened.... Does social media play a role in why AB has been in the News so much..... Quote: ""In other words, was the Lee case going to be on every single night on television, and on Twitter and on every major outlet?" Gertner said. "Does that put pressure on prosecutors in ways that it never has before? And that could be a difference.".

could the gun have had a hair trigger? could merely touching the trigger have caused it to misfire? I have seen all kinds of things, explode, turn on by themselves, suddenly the head falls off, channels changing, google maps giving wrong directions...I don't care that much about the gun. mOO

I'm sure that real guns will eventually fade away from filming. The reckless actions by AB and others on the set of "Rust" when using real guns make that outcome likely. JMO.
How many real lives will abruptly end before real guns on film sets just “fade away”?

The time for action is now.

well this I am not sure.. but there is insurance and other entities involved and maybe the production could be non union and the participants are still union. If no union is involved then they have to defend themselves against these ridiculous charges. They should seek the advice of Union attorneys .

they say it doesn't matter how or why there was a bullet..they gave up on that and moved forward with charges.

this for me is the only question to answer the liability. who put the round in the gun, and who is responsible for that gun on the movie set.

Baldwin will have the best attorneys. mOO

added..they say they decided to overlook the whole bullet question..they say we need to just forget about that because we will probably never know.. Does this sound right to you?
Agreed. It is not right that they are dismissing who was responsible for the live round. It does matter. A lot.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.... Does social media play a role in why AB has been in the News so much..... Quote: ""In other words, was the Lee case going to be on every single night on television, and on Twitter and on every major outlet?" Gertner said. "Does that put pressure on prosecutors in ways that it never has before? And that could be a difference.".

That was different than this case by the fact that Brandon Lee shot himself with a blank round and not a live round. JMO.

Agreed. It is not right that they are dismissing who was responsible for the live round. It does matter. A lot.
That is probably why Halls took the plea deal, he was the one who handed AB the gun, and told him it was a "cold gun", without double checking. In the end though, HGR should be held accountable, if she loaded the gun, it wasn't done correctly.

And AB? It seems to me that he wanted this film done as fast as possible, as cheaply as possible. Cut as many corners as possible, including wasting time on safety protocols. Hire cheap staff, and get them to work double duty.

That is probably why Halls took the plea deal, he was the one who handed AB the gun, and told him it was a "cold gun", without double checking. In the end though, HGR should be held accountable, if she loaded the gun, it wasn't done correctly.

And AB? It seems to me that he wanted this film done as fast as possible, as cheaply as possible. Cut as many corners as possible, including wasting time on safety protocols. Hire cheap staff, and get them to work double duty.
IMO it all rests on who put the live bullets in the gun.
Trying to get a film done quickly and inexpensively is not a crime.

This quote from the link I provided in previous post...
""There are people along the continuum here who had direct responsibility for that gun and failed in that responsibility," she said. "One way of thinking of that is, in one sense, Baldwin is the least culpable on that line.".

Except it was not AB responsible for hiring.

Ryan Smith, Producer, was identified as overseeing the overall production. A management representative for Rust was Gabrielle Pickle, Line Producer, who directly hired individuals and crews, approved hours worked, and had authority to counsel or discipline employees in any department.
Her immediate subordinate was Katherine “Row” Walters, Unit Production Manager, who shared similar authority. Also on the management team was Dave Halls, 1st Assistant Director and Safety Coordinator, who was the set manager and responsible for general workplace safety, who was peer in authority to Gabrielle Pickle and Row Walters.

Item 9

That was different than this case by the fact that Brandon Lee shot himself with a blank round and not a live round. JMO.
Brandon Lee did not shoot himself. Read the link I provided. And it was a bullet fragment.

Quote: "Lee, who was the son of martial artist Bruce Lee, died after his co-star, actor Michael Massee, fired at him with a prop gun during filming on March 30, 1993, in Wilmington, North Carolina. Although the revolver was loaded with blanks, the gunpowder in the blank cartridge ignited, leading Massee to unknowingly fire a bullet fragment at Lee, who later died in surgery."

“So, you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asked.
“No, no, no, no, no,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them.”
I believe that AB made this statement from his long experience of using guns on a film set. It's total reckless to point a live firing gun at a person and pull the trigger.

He makes it clear that it's a very bad thing to do by saying "No,no,no,no,no" several times to emphasize the importance of it. This statement will come back to haunt him in my opinion.

JMO.

Alec Baldwin on 'Rust' shooting: 'Someone is responsible ... but I know it's not me'

Unless someone dies from direct negligence because of the focus on production, not safety.

there should be no live rounds on a movie set. start there..they have no idea ..but they are charging Mr. Baldwin.

I find it outrageous..and if people were complaining about safety etc..well who was creating that impression? the armourer? somehow I don't even think Alec had any hand in any of it, he is a Star and prob stuff
going on out of his view

mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members