Found Safe Rebecca Tackett Hawks 41, Mount Airy, NC- Missing After Car Ran Out of Gas, 18 Jan 2023

Ok, so now she was spotted the day after she ran out of gas? Where are the photo's? Color me confused, is she missing voluntarily?
I think they're saying she was spotted after she ran out of gas and LE released two photos of her the following day.

These are the photos:

January 19 @ 8:17 AM
Mount Airy Police Department | Facebook
1674450622022.png
1674341687256.png

Still missing. And MSM still regurgitating the same information, which is very little. Ugh

JAN 23, 2023

JAN 23, 2023
[...]

Hawks, who has been listed with addresses in both Mount Airy and Pinnacle, is said to have vanished Wednesday in the area of Westlake Drive near Boggs Drive off U.S. 52-North in the vicinity of Westwood Recreation Park.

The car had run out of gas as Hawks was on the way to a doctor’s appointment, according to information released from one source. She was spotted after that occurred.

“At this point, we do not suspect any foul play,” city Police Chief Dale Watson said Monday, based on evidence gathered so far in the case.

[...]

Information about Hawks also is appearing on the websleuths.com site that spreads information about such incidents.

[...]

@Hap & Gobstopper great questions, wish we knew the answer. I did look for sm accounts and came up empty.

She was last seen Wednesday 01/18/2023 in the area of Westlake Drive near Boggs Drive in Mount Airy NC, after running out of gas in her vehicle.

Sort the comments at link above by newest-there is a post by a TW and a comment which is very interesting.

What the heck does that sign on Boggs mean?
The Piedmont Triad Partnership's website describes it here:
Their website describes the entire service area of central NC. The area in question in Surry Co. is described in the Federal Register as Site 5:

I'd really like to know if she made it to her medical appointment. That could be where she was seen after running our of gas. MOO

I read the info about the foreign trade zone and not sure I understand what it is practically as related to the area of her disappearance. Can anyone dummy it down for me?

Hawks was spotted after she ran out of gas in her car, police said. Authorities released two photos of Hawks the day after she vanished.
I’m confused too… why don’t we have more info from LE? It’s weird to me that there are photos of her alive and well the following day, yet all her belongings were left behind in her car? Do we know if she was spotted with anyone else who could be holding her captive in some way? Did she appear to be ok, or did she appear to be in distress in the subsequent day’s photos? Was she wearing the same clothes she was last seen in? WHERE was she spotted on camera??

I’m confused too… why don’t we have more info from LE? It’s weird to me that there are photos of her alive and well the following day, yet all her belongings were left behind in her car? Do we know if she was spotted with anyone else who could be holding her captive in some way? Did she appear to be ok, or did she appear to be in distress in the subsequent day’s photos? Was she wearing the same clothes she was last seen in? WHERE was she spotted on camera??
I'm not aware of any photos of her alive and well the following day. She was last seen on Wednesday, January 18 sometime after she ran out of gas. On Thursday, January 19, LE's post included two photos of her. I don't think we know when they were taken. MOO

Still missing. And MSM still regurgitating the same information, which is very little. Ugh

JAN 23, 2023

I don’t like the sound of this…

I live in North Carolina, Mount Airy is quite historic… there are still a lot of very pretty parts there but crime has gone up quite a bit and some of it has gotten considerably rundown… which is a little ironic considering that the fictional town of Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show, was based on the town of Mount Airy, which back in the 60s, and as depicted on the show of course, was considered picturesque and quite safe… I mean, think about it, the only law enforcement in town on the show was Sheriff Griffith and his Deputy dimwit, Barney Fife… and yes, I realize that this is a TV show were talking about, but it was entirely based on the real, sleepy little southern town, and very much a reflection of how safe Mount Airy was considered to be at the time and common knowledge to most North Carolinians, IMO…

Sadly things have changed since then… I knew it had gone downhill some, but I just googled the crime statistics and didn’t expect them to be quite as bad as the results showed. Attaching screenshot, link to source is in screenshot at the bottom. www.neighborhoodscout.com and then put in Mount Airy, NC.

Rebecca looks like a sweet lady, prayers for her safe return, and more details/clarification from LE ASAP please! ♥️

96E0CB9E-9F21-4914-8352-B983D9DFA038.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any photos of her alive and well the following day. She was last seen on Wednesday, January 18 sometime after she ran out of gas. On Thursday, January 19, LE's post included two photos of her. I don't think we know when they were taken. MOO
Ohhhh, I gotcha… I see how I read that wrong there… the post was saying she was seen after she ran out of gas on Wednesday, and police released the photos of her being seen Wednesday, on Thursday… NOT that she had been seen Thursday. Thanks for clarifying!

Unfortunately though, that makes me even more concerned…

Do we know for sure if those photos released by the police are photos that were taken on Wednesday after she ran out of gas, or if they are just photos of her to get the word out? Because if they are supposed to be the photos that were actually taken on Wednesday, after her car ran out of gas, she’s smiling and one of them and doesn’t appear to be in any distress… ? Hmmm…

Last edited:
“At this point, we do not suspect any foul play,” city Police Chief Dale Watson said Monday, based on evidence gathered so far in the case.
Well, what the heck? Now I’m even more flummoxed… I wish they would give us a reason why they don’t suspect foul play…

Were the photos just released the next day or were they of her the next day? Edited to add I see photos were added next day not taken next day.

@Hap & Gobstopper great questions, wish we knew the answer. I did look for sm accounts and came up empty.

She was last seen Wednesday 01/18/2023 in the area of Westlake Drive near Boggs Drive in Mount Airy NC, after running out of gas in her vehicle.

Sort the comments at link above by newest-there is a post by a TW and a comment which is very interesting.

Thank you for the hint about the comment section, read through that and I think I understand what you are referring to… Still doesn’t make sense that the police haven’t put out an update yet, as it seems one was expected after the weekend… I am really worried about her even more now, though… she didn’t just vanish, she is probably in need if some serious medical help, so why the heck is LE not out looking for her and letting the community and family know so? :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back