ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how it happened, BK should not have any of Murphy’s hair in his apartment. I guess there are a couple of ways to defend it. If he actually did visit MG, one might say that one of the girls had Murphy’s hair on them there and it somehow ended up in his bag/on his person. Or the Barry Scheck defense, that it was brought to his apartment or into the lab due to tainted evidence collection/chain of custody.
I think these are all honest cops. Why taint evidence when there may be so much rock solid good stuff existing? imo. For instance, I do think that when bk got back to his Pullman apt. after his murders, he must have felt safe and let his guard down a little. say he just plops down on his bed a moment to catch his breath, thus could have let blood in his hair leave those spots on his pillow, and that on his clothing on the mattress pad. just moo.

I think these are all honest cops. Why taint evidence when there may be so much rock solid good stuff existing? imo. For instance, I do think that when bk got back to his Pullman apt. after his murders, he must have felt safe and let his guard down a little. say he just plops down on his bed a moment to catch his breath, thus could have let blood in his hair leave those spots on his pillow, and that on his clothing on the mattress pad. just moo.
It's just incomprehensible to me all of those "spots" on his pillow and mattress cover that were found during the search of his apartment. On the surface, with the little that we know, it almost seems like their might be more physical evidence of the crime at his apartment than was left at the victims' home, itself!

ETA - and he had WEEKS to dispose of those items that had spots on them. Why, oh WHY, did he keep them???

I feel like there was a lot of thought and research put into choosing the right weapon for this horrible crime.
I guess it was (allegedly) the perp's obsession for a long time, and he acted on it as soon as he left the family home.
B/c I think it was his first time living alone - far from the family, no?

JMO

Thank you, I have no argument with anyone. I made a poor speculation in one comment that bk may have touched the dog, and soon agreed with a later poster's remark about time frames making that unlikely. What I said and stick with is that the dog itself had no need to encounter bk in order to become alarmed by the unusual sounds it heard, even tho it was shut up in a room. . I think it barked because of that. Of course, bks "possible animal hair", if from Kaylee's dog, would be from a random household source where her dog walked and played. I hope that clears the air about what train I'm on.
Thank you for clarifying your thoughts. I think I posted before that in IMO, it's a shame there is no evidence that BK (the alleged killer) touched the dog, as that would have provided additional evidence IMO. I understand why you might want to speculate in that direction. I too imagine that the dog would have sensed something that night. MOO

I guess it was (allegedly) the perp's obsession for a long time, and he acted on it as soon as he left the family home.
B/c I think it was his first time living alone - far from the family, no?

JMO
I had never heard about this obsession before...

There might be a stray hair, but if BK touched the dog with a bloody hand (as speculated in the post), there is no way the dog wouldn't have blood on it, IMO.
You can get dog hair on you without touching a dog. Doodles don't shed as much as other breeds, but it doesn't take much to get one stray pet hair on ones' clothing or belongings.

You can get dog hair on you without touching a dog. Doodles don't shed as much as other breeds, but it doesn't take much to get one stray pet hair on ones' clothing or belongings.
Big YUP!! at least it's possible at my house. If your clothes have static (or are black) the fur just jumps right on. JMO

Discrepancies? King-Queen; Street-Road?

snipped for focus @jepop Thank you for being so attentive re these (small-ish?) matters which can morph into major issues of evd at trial.
Jumping off ^ your post, other poss. discrepancy:

ADDRESS.
I did not see deed for prop, but
IIRC, per Latah Co. website (appraiser or collector):... 1122 King ROAD
From zillow.com & other realty websites:..................1122 King ROAD.
Various MSM reports:.......................................... 1122 King STREET.
Wait a sec, does PCA say ......................................1122 King STREET?
^ If so, likely inconsequential at this trial.

Still in a search or arrest warrant, a simple address error-OOPSIE can lead LE to wrong home and for everything after first tap on door to go SIDEWAYS. Just sayin'.
imo jmo moo
ETA clarification.
I manage the HOA directory for my neighborhood of about 140 homes on 10 streets. It's an older neighborhood that was built out over the course of about 30 years - from 1966 to 1996. We have several streets where the official street name in the USPS database differs from one house to the next. For example, depending on the house, the address in the USPS database may say "George Washington Drive", "Washington Memorial Drive", or "Geo. Washington Court". There are homes on one cul-de-sac here where one has a "Drive" address, another has a "Court" address, and a third has a "Circle" address. Several corner homes have mailboxes and driveways on one street but use the street address of the cross street.

IMO, by and large, addressing here (in rural Maryland) makes sense but oddities like this are not uncommon at all, especially in older neighborhoods. You can't assume the "correct" address of one home based on the address of the home right next to it, lol. It exasperates our mail carriers, especially the temps, when a regular carrier goes on vacation or gets sick. We're constantly correcting misdelivered mail even though the regular carrier understands all the nuances and mostly gets it right.

I've also seen this on a far larger scale when I was heavily involved in broadband services roll-out for various ISP's. If you don't use the industry-standard "official" USPS address to pre-qualify service availability at that address then service will appear to be non-existent simply because the addresses don't match exactly even though the locations are side-by-side on one long, straight road. I'm not the least bit surprised to find out the 1122 address is being reported in multiple different ways. And I'll bet they have delivery problems when their regular mail carrier is on leave, too.

MOO.

It's just incomprehensible to me all of those "spots" on his pillow and mattress cover that were found during the search of his apartment. On the surface, with the little that we know, it almost seems like their might be more physical evidence of the crime at his apartment than was left at the victims' home, itself!

ETA - and he had WEEKS to dispose of those items that had spots on them. Why, oh WHY, did he keep them???

I've had a couple thoughts on the pillow. There is always that chance that he suffers from nosebleeds and it is just his own blood but on the other hand, there has been discussion about trophies and taking the knife out of the crime scene without it's sheath.

Any item with potential blood, in someone connected to a murder absolutely needs to be tested but could turn out to be absolutely nothing relevant or something huge.

We have no idea who the spots will test as belonging to. JMO

We have two male littermates who are similar to Murphy except their mama was a Lhasa, and a pair of Alaskans live just down the street. There's absolutely no confusing who is barking. The Alaskans are super loud and sound a bit like wolves but each has an individual sound, just like people have individual voices. Our boys are considered sentinel dogs, and they do alert to everything, but despite being the same size, it's easy to tell which one is barking. IMO people who know the dogs that might be involved will know which one(s) are on the recording. If not, a computer analysis should make the determination. MOO

Does anyone have a link to the full grub truck video? Mine comes up as no longer viewable.

I haven’t said anything before now. But my childhood best friend was stabbed to death outside in France in 2017. She screamed until she couldn’t anymore and quite a crowd developed in the surrounding apartment buildings. So, screaming can occur, but I totally agree, the Lord was with DM on Nov 14th.

cottonweaver: 1674502300848.png

For crying out loud...Is that another "typo" in the PCA. I think the PCA as a whole is an amazingly detailed document and certainly demonstrates probable cause, but the defense are surely going to pounce on these mistakes and try to put the whole thing into question, or at least the competence of the writer? I've read the un-paywalled NYT article and there seems to be no doubt that BK actually applied for the internship in April (on-line not in person) whilst he was still at De Sales (sp?) but intending to go to WSU. Very disappointing if the PCA got this wrong. MOO

This exactly. The detectives and law enforcement put the handcuffs on the killer. But now, the court system (which needs huge overhaul) gets the case. Any lawyer worth their salt will say they never-know how the jury will find. The attys who say slam-dunk are usually hubris filled. If OJ walked to the golf course, what is to say this killer might too!!! You got it jepop.

I wish Kaylee Goncalves traveled to Texas and started her dream job
I wish Madison Mogen finished her marketing major in her senior year, and sought her marketing dream job
I wish Xana Kernodle finished her junior year as a marketing major with amazing grades
I wish Ethan Chapin could still hit the links and play basketball all summer long

I wish this never happened....
And I am wishing there is utmost justice for them. Would be nice if they were immortalized with a scholarship fund or monument around town so they are never forgotten.

Because he knows it's not the blood of the victims? He knows the spots were there before the murders so is not worried about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong