CT CT - Jennifer "Jen" Sullivan, 45, was doing painting job, New London, 5 Jan 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MILFORD — Investigators probing a monthsold missing person case out of the city do not believe foul play was a factor in the woman’s disapperance, officials confirmed on Wednesday.

Deputy Police Chief Brian Rojee said 45-year-old Jennifer “Jen” Sullivan was reported missing by a family member on Jan. 30. An investigation immediately began, he said. Sullivan’s last known sighting to be in New London on Jan. 5.

Original

More at Police: Foul play not suspected in case of missing Milford woman Jennifer Sullivan

Namus

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

RSBM

He said investigators have looked into possible leads through Sullivan’s cellphone or bank account records, but did not have any luck. Rojee said it was difficult to determine whether Sullivan took anything from the Milford residence she was staying at before her disappearance. He said investigators aren’t sure if she had any mode of transportation.
#

What was difficult about figuring out if Jen took anything when she left? o_O Didn't the person(s) who asked her to leave know whether her belongings were still there? Did they not allow officers to look inside? Who asked her to leave? It feels as if something is being left out of the story which isn't unusual in MP cases. :confused: I hope LE releases more info soon MOO

Didn't the person(s) who asked her to leave know whether her belongings were still there? Did they not allow officers to look inside? Who asked her to leave? It feels as if something is being left out of the story which isn't unusual in MP cases. :confused: I hope LE releases more info soon MOO
@YaYa_521 Agreed. apparently Jennifer was 'asked to leave' her residence, but we don't know why, or who asked her to leave. Was she evicted by a landlord, or perhaps she was living with a partner or roommate and didn't pay her half of the rent?

We don't know anything about Jennifer's background, her relationship status, family situation, etc. and we don't have any information about other possible events going on in her life around the time she disappeared.

There doesn't appear to be any new information here, other than the fact that it was Jennifer's mother who reported her missing. We still don't know anything about her background, relationships at the time she went missing, etc.

I would expect LE has talked to her co-workers at the painting company in New London where she was working at the time of her disappearance, but so far there's been no mention about that in the MSM reports.

Police seek information on Milford woman, Jennifer Sullivan, missing since January

[...]
Her NamUs profile, which was created on April 3, indicates she went back to her residence on Jan. 6, but was asked to leave. She hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
[...]

I'd like to know more about the person who asked her to leave her residence when she supposedly returned there in early January. Why was she asked to leave, and what were the circumstances there?

I'm wondering why exactly the police said they don't think foul play was involved. Because she disappeared in the past?

I checked the 2013 articles and it seems she was found within 10 days. It's now been nearly five months. You'd think that in itself would be an indication that something is wrong??

I'm also wondering why it took nearly a month for Jen to be reported missing. Yeah, I totally get that she doesn't seem to have been in frequent contact with her family - lots of people aren't - but she was employed. Wouldn't her employer have looked into her not coming to work, e.g. going to the home or then calling the police, a lot sooner?

JAN 23

Jennifer Sullivan has been missing for a year.

"How could you get closure when you don't know where she is," said Jennifer Sullivan's mother Valerie Booth.

Booth was in tears Monday at her Milford home as she spoke publicly for the first time. She's wondering where her daughter Jennifer could be.

More at Family asks public for help finding Milford woman now missing for 1 year

Last known sighting different then previously reported.

"Booth said her daughter was last seen in New London in rehab for a drug problem. Milford police have been investigating. They posted a message on their Facebook page in May."

Last known sighting different then previously reported.

Agreed. In the original MSM report no mention was made of substance abuse issues or Jennifer being in a rehab clinic.

[...]
Sullivan’s profile on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System indicates she was working for a painting company in New London at the time of her disappearance. Her NamUs profile, which was created on April 3, indicates she went back to her residence on Jan. 6, but was asked to leave. She hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
[...]

Police seek information on Milford woman, Jennifer Sullivan, missing since January

However her mother indicates Jennifer was last seen in New London in rehab for a drug problem, and the last time she was seen was 8 January, not 6 January as the previous MSM link indicates.

Family asks public for help finding Milford woman now missing for 1 year

We also know per MSM that Jennifer went missing previously, returning a couple of weeks later, but no details are provided about that earlier disappearance.

Also from the above link:

[...]
They suspect an old boyfriend may have something to do with her disappearance.
[...]

IMO this could be significant in Jennifer's disappearance, however no details are provided. This reference could mean any number of things, but without additional information we have no facts to go on, only speculation.

JAN 30

MILFORD — Former Milford resident Jennifer Sullivan has been missing for more than a year, and her mother is desperately seeking closure.

"She has a 26-year-old son that loves her and an 18-year-old daughter that misses her terribly ... it's hard," said Valerie Booth. "It's ripped us apart. I just need some closure, you know. I think that's what I want. I don't even know. Are they going to find her dead someplace? I don't know."

Booth said Sullivan, 46, who struggled with a drug addiction, went missing on Jan. 8, 2022.

"(Jennifer) was home for Christmas and went back to rehab in January," Booth said. "She used and ended up getting kicked out, so she called me and told me she was going to find another place or come home, and then she went missing.

More at 'I just want closure:' Milford mother still looking for missing daughter one year later

Short video at link/

A Milford mom whose daughter went missing in January of 2022 says the family is organizing a search party.

According to officials, Jennifer Sullivan, 44, was last seen in New London taking part in a rehab program. Her family says she struggled with addiction issues but was "a wonderfully warm, loyal and loving person."

The family says they hired Hamden firm Investigative Consultants, LLC. The firm is reaching out to Connecticut State Police to request help from their cadaver dogs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back