Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

I think a lot of people say the odd word out loud at times.
Like me a week or so back when a 1 litre bottle of washing up liquid fell on my big toe b*****y *h**l !!!

I don't know any that would talk for hours to themselves. So to me I am thinking he was talking to an audience.

Is there any proof at all that this "struggle" ever even happened?
Great question Kemug!
I suspect that is GLs evidence and if that’s the case he doesn't need to prove it ever happened.

I'm wondering if the prosecution are going to run with GLs story, in part. That is, they may agree to certain parts, but are still able to prove the two were killed intentionally and not by accident nor self defence.

Great question Kemug!
I suspect that is GLs evidence and if that’s the case he doesn't need to prove it ever happened.

I'm wondering if the prosecution are going to run with GLs story, in part. That is, they may agree to certain parts, but are still able to prove the two were killed intentionally and not by accident nor self defence.
I really don't see why the prosecution should run with, or agree to, any part of GL's story which is not proven. For myself, I am not inclined to believe a word he says. We have already heard plenty about his character, none of it good, from people who knew him - so in fact I am inclined to believe that every word he says is a lie. MOO

Inside the ploy cops used to 'spook' ex-Jetstar pilot into discussing the missing campers' case with his wife – just days before he was arrested and revealed where their bodies were buried

Ex-Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn was caught on secret recordings discussing a 60 Minutes special on the disappearance of two campers he is accused of murdering.

On Monday, Missing Person's Squad Detective Leading Senior Constable Daniel Passingham revealed Lynn had discussed the program with his flight attendant wife Melanie on November 13, 2021 - six days after the Channel Nine program aired

Detectives had co-operated with the program's investigation into the case, revealing they believed the driver of a blue Nissan Patrol seen in the area could assist them.

The admissibility of Lynn's police interview will be hotly contested should the matter shift across the street to the Supreme Court of Victoria on Wednesday at the conclusion of the preliminary hearing.

The court heard homicide detectives had compiled a whopping 773-page brief of evidence against Lynn.

Information contained within that brief alleges Lynn camped overnight in the wilderness after he allegedly shot Ms Clay and stabbed Mr Hill to death.

On March 1 last year, police allege Lynn took them to a section of Rose River Road and showed them where he disposed of Mr Hill's and Ms Clay's mobile phones.

He allegedly told them he had thrown them into the river.

He further allegedly told detectives it was where he had burned Mr Hill's drone, which police believe was the catalyst for a deadly confrontation with the camper.

Lynn allegedly also dumped Mr Hill's car keys in the area along with a knife police allege was used to slay Mr Hill.

While reports of a cache of legal firearms found at Lynn's home was reported last week, it has since been revealed a longarm silencer was also located there.

Leading Senior Constable Daniel Passingham stated Lynn had been granted approval from the commissioner to possess prohibited weapons such as daggers and swords.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people say the odd word out loud at times.
Like me a week or so back when a 1 litre bottle of washing up liquid fell on my big toe b*****y *h**l !!!

I don't know any that would talk for hours to themselves. So to me I am thinking he was talking to an audience.
Some people will talk to themselves under stress - I do, usually when I'm on my own. I seem to blurt out words and sentences to cut off painful trains of thought.

However, it's usually bizarre and random (for me at least). I hope nobody's recording me, because I'd end up in the nuthouse.

I really don't see why the prosecution should run with, or agree to, any part of GL's story which is not proven. For myself, I am not inclined to believe a word he says. We have already heard plenty about his character, none of it good, from people who knew him - so in fact I am inclined to believe that every word he says is a lie. MOO
I agree this guy is a total nut job!
Though, i could be wrong, but maybe he's told the police a story that is in most parts correct....except for the crucial part about the moments before they were killed. As you eluded, the 'struggle' is hard to believe!... The prosecution may be able to prove that the struggle could never have happened. Its these moments that the prosecution will hone in on in the end. MOO

Last edited:

'Lynn made comments of his time coming to an end, that Melanie (his wife) had three boys to look after her, a good rum, whiskey or cocktail would be good,' Leading Senior Constable Passingham stated.

The detective said after listening to Lynn for more than 3000 recordings, he knew something wasn't right.

'I had a feeling he was going to commit suicide,' he told the court.

I get the same feeling. I reckon he realized that his number was up after watching the 60 Minutes report.

Police believe that GL set up camp. Russell and Carol shortly arrived to stay at the same campsite and an
altercation happened.

There is also a map with a a heading of Key Moments. The two shovels and the location where they were found is part of the map.

Was it ever confirmed that the shovels found were actually linked to GL? I’ve always wondered if police have CTV footage of GL buying the shovels.

In my recollection they were ruled out fairly quickly.
But then later they were going to go back and have a further search where they were found.

So GL is happy to explain where he threw keys, burnt drone etc but is not happy to give Police a working example of how the confrontation took place and how CC was accidently shot and then how it came to be that RH was stabbed. I call bulltish on this self defence theory. IMO this was a clear cut double murder probably both shot at range whilst in the tent unaware that they were going to be shot. If CC and RH were kiled as GL states then where is the evidence at the scene?. It did not happen and the whole GL scenerio has been created by GL to try and wriggle out of spending the rest of his days in a jail cell. Police are running with it because they will be concerend about a murder trial and GL being found not guilty on the basis of reasonable doubt. I am thinking a plea deal will occurr where manslaughter will be the outcome with time served and his co operation a further 10 years. Out in 10 years approx. Thoughts?

I am thinking a plea deal will occurr where manslaughter will be the outcome with time served and his co operation a further 10 years. Out in 10 years approx. Thoughts?

In VIC:

Voluntary Manslaughter

Voluntary manslaughter is the intentional killing of a person where mitigating factors are present. An example of this is where a fatal assault is committed in circumstances amounting to provocation, meaning that voluntary manslaughter, rather than murder, is the appropriate verdict.

Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a person without intent to kill, such as in a car accident that results from reckless driving or a death that results from an illegal and dangerous act. For a court to find a person guilty of involuntary manslaughter, it must be satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that the death was the result of an illegal act, an omission, an act of neglect or a failure to take reasonable care.

My reading of the bit on involuntary manslaughter rule out the killing of two people, let alone the destruction of evidence and the interference with the human remains. That adds up to murder in my book.

Seeing as Lynn has apparently confessed a lot of detail, what puzzles me is why police have been unable to track down the trailer sale transaction. Gumtree's backups/archives should have revealed any such ad.

Methinks he's destroyed/dumped that trailer, but I'm not sure why he would not fess up to that, too. A very weird individual all round, IMO.
Trailer possibly used to transport the bodies, can't see the suspect trying to haul them through the brush and easier to conceal them in the trailer to transport. In this day of homicide forensics the trailer would be a possible gold mine as is said. Thinking it was scrapped or as we have seen bodies of water have been the dumping ground for crimes committed time and time again.

Is there any proof at all that this "struggle" ever even happened?
That's why the the press refer to the police investigating the alleged struggle as a "scenario" or an "hypothesis". The police are trying to find an account of event that explain the evidence they are. In other words, they are trying to reconstruct the scene at the time of the murders.
- broken mirror
- bone fragments near the rear of the ute
- blood splatter near the LHS wheel well- possibly other forensic evidence such as gun powder residue from near the front of Mr Hill's ute
- possibly comments from the accused, either to himself and recorded, or during interview.

I must confess that I remain surprised the ute was returned to Mr Hill's family so quickly and that the bone fragments and bullet were not found at the capt site for over a year, following a subsequent search. I would have thought the area would have been intensely examined at the time. Vicpol, like the police in all Australian jurisdictions are generally exceptional at crime scene examination and analysis. So this is really puzzling. I am sure it will be canvassed during a trial, if indeed one is held - that is a decision the magistrate still must make.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back