MA MA - Brittany Tee, 35, Brookfield, 10 Jan 2023 *last seen leaving a residence*

JAN 24, 2023
The search for missing Brookfield woman Brittany Tee will resume Tuesday, according to Massachusetts State Police.

They will scour a " vast wooded area" near her home on Main Street and several ponds.

A Massachusetts State Police Special Emergency Response Team, a trained search and rescue unit, and a state police K9 unit will continue searching a vast wooded area near Tee’s home.

Officials said the State Police Marine Unit and Underwater Recovery Unit will begin searching several ponds in the rural area.

Police believe she disappeared near Lewis Field after being spotted walking away from her main street home.

MOO It can be very difficult to find a deceased person in an area the size of where they are looking especially with cold weather delaying body decomposition. I know their dive teams have been stalled by weather somewhat. I'm curious if they have any consideration that she could be in the river that goes near there...is it the Quabog? What if she proceeded down 148 toward White's Landing when she was walking that night. If she went into the water near there, I wonder where she might end up?

Shades of Debbie Collier - except Brittany hasn't been found. If she was on foot when she disappeared, unless she was abducted - she should have been located by now?
Not necessarily. This thread highlights how often a missing person is found in a location that has already been thoroughly searched.

I trust this date and time by police (after 14 days) is credible.

Jan 24, 2023

Brittany Tee of Brookfield was last seen leaving her residence on January 10th around 8:30 p.m., according to the Brookfield Police Department. Brittany was last seen wearing a black winter coat, hoodie, jeans, and work boots. Brittany is 5’6″ tall and weighs 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Why haven't they realized that she most likely was picked up, might of been preplanned or someone who knew her stopped.. Yes, it was dark. Nothing public about why they strongly believed she was in that area of woods or water. Sounds like no vid's or ring doorbells either to see that she was picked up or anything. Someone saw her leave that house at that time, was it a person or a cam/vid/ring. Just terribly sad and heartbreaking for her family and mother, just so hope again, for this case, that she has gone with someone but I highly doubt it.
I must say, edited, that her phone may have pinged and I've forgotten the phone information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why haven't they realized that she most likely was picked up, might of been preplanned or someone who knew her stopped.. Yes, it was dark. Nothing public about why they strongly believed she was in that area of woods or water. Sounds like no vid's or ring doorbells either to see that she was picked up or anything. Someone saw her leave that house at that time, was it a person or a cam/vid/ring. Just terribly sad and heartbreaking for her family and mother, just so hope again, for this case, that she has gone with someone but I highly doubt it.
I must say, edited, that her phone may have pinged and I've forgotten the phone information.
^^bbm

Please, let's give LE the credit they deserve!

In response to OP, I'd say for one, it's 14 days since BT went missing and about 10 days since she was reported missing to authorities by her family while they first checked out people/places known to them and where BT might be headed.

Unlike a teen that typically has many acquaintances and resources unknown to her immediate family, at age 35, I think her options are much more narrow. I also believe BT would have made contact with her mom if able.

We also know the DA was involved early and there are likely resources being used behind the scene that have helped LE determine the last* movement of both BT and those closest to her.

Whatever the outcome, I hope her family is comforted by the outpouring level of concern the small community has shown for BT. It's obvious that she touched many here. MOO

ETA: add*

Last edited:
I trust this date and time by police (after 14 days) is credible.

Jan 24, 2023

Brittany Tee of Brookfield was last seen leaving her residence on January 10th around 8:30 p.m., according to the Brookfield Police Department. Brittany was last seen wearing a black winter coat, hoodie, jeans, and work boots. Brittany is 5’6″ tall and weighs 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.
No mention of the potentially inoperable phone.

JAN 24, 2023
State police said there were no plans to resume the water search on Wednesday.

No wonder... :confused:

Brookfield, MA Hourly Weather Forecast | Weather Underground

Tomorrow 01/25
90% / 1.3 in
Snow showers early, with a steadier snow developing late in the day. High 34F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

JAN 25, 2023
“Both the search and investigative components of the operation continue to proceed at a high tempo,” said State Police spokesman David Procopio Tuesday morning. Worcester “District Attorney (Joseph) Early and his office, Brookfield Police, and State Police are committed to bringing this mission to a resolution and we would love nothing more than to bring Ms. Tee home safely.”

An update at around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday indicated that neither Tee nor any evidence that could direct further searching was located during the day’s search.

Eight State Police divers worked with the State Police Marine Unite and the state Environmental Police to search several area bodies of water. Those are Quaboag River, Quaboag Pond, and Dunn Brook and surrounding marshland.

Last edited:
Hopefully I am not violating any rules by saying this, but I have seen zero information on the person who allegedly saw her last. He has never been mentioned by name in the press or made any kind of public plea (that I am aware of) in regard to locating her. To me this is highly unusual.

Hopefully I am not violating any rules by saying this, but I have seen zero information on the person who allegedly saw her last. He has never been mentioned by name in the press or made any kind of public plea (that I am aware of) in regard to locating her. To me this is highly unusual.
On one hand, I feel like it's a good sign that Brittany's family isn't blasting his name all over the place. It's almost like they're protecting him. And if that's the case, maybe it's because they believe he wouldn't harm her.

On the other hand, I don't like the fact that he's not out there begging for her safe return, posting flyers, attending the vigil (maybe he did, and we just didn't hear about it.), and doing anything and everything he can do to help locate her.

Just NOTHING about him whatsoever. And I agree, that's unusual. MOO

On one hand, I feel like it's a good sign that Brittany's family isn't blasting his name all over the place. It's almost like they're protecting him. And if that's the case, maybe it's because they believe he wouldn't harm her.

On the other hand, I don't like the fact that he's not out there begging for her safe return, posting flyers, attending the vigil (maybe he did, and we just didn't hear about it.), and doing anything and everything he can do to help locate her.

Just NOTHING about him whatsoever. And I agree, that's unusual. MOO

Small town, a rock, and a hard place. I hate these types of cases! I think the family (and the community too) is responding in whatever manner they think will get them closer to locating their girl. Seems they have their priorities straight. :(

JAN 26, 2023
1674788090303.png

[...]

According to Lindsay Corcoran, Communications Director for the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, Brittany’s car was found at the residence where she’d been staying and was last seen leaving. Police have searched the car for evidence but have not released any information about their findings. The district attorney’s office believes that Brittany had her cell phone, iPad and wallet with her, as those items have not yet been recovered.

At a January 16 press conference, Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. said that authorities have been in contact with both Apple and Facebook in order to recover any pertinent data. “All of these things are being reviewed,” he said. When asked if authorities had reason to believe Brittany was in danger, the district attorney replied that due to the fact she is on foot and it had been snowing in Massachusetts, officials are worried for her safety. “We’re really concerned and that’s why we’re asking for the public’s help,” he said.

[...]

Brittany’s family is asking the community for respect and support as they continue their search. Ellen told Dateline that as of now they have no leads. “It’s weird, because there’s literally nothing,” she said. No sign of anything.”

[...]

1674788310520.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa