FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sentence is concerning. What will happen if they solve it? “But because they are retired, they don’t have the power to make an arrest.”
They will present the evidence to the prosecuting attorney who will convene a special grand jury. If the evidence is compelling enough, the GJ will indict him.

That same sentence also stood out for me (in a puzzling way). I settled on interpreting the "retired" people who don't have the power to make an arrest as being members of Mr. "Kesse's law enforcement team". (Notice that the italicized is a direct quote. I'm not making it up).

I'm pretty sure the FDLE has the power to arrest. Surely?

Prayers that they find Jennifer and the evidence to make an arrest.

That's how I read it as well. The Kesse's team were private investigators not law enforcement, therefore they don't have the powers to make an arrest. Now that Jennifer's case has a ''home'' at the FDLE, it can be investigated by actual law enforcement, which includes testing evidence, conducting searches etc.

There are four big problems that need to be overcome to solve this mystery ;
1 Where is the crime scene?
2 Where is any physical evidence?
3 Where are any witnesses?
4 Where is Jennifer?

It will soon be 17 years.
An answer to even one of these questions would get the case moving.

4 Where is Jennifer?

On #1 if it is outside, there may not be any physical evidence. But given there were some units under construction at the time I wonder if it wasn't one of those and everything was over by 9AM or 10AM. Whether something happened there and her body transported out or she taken from there to someplace else there is a vehicle with evidence that LE never found. I don't believe LE ever found any evidence of a body being in her car so I think there was another vehicle involved.

Unlike the Jodi Huisentruit case there was nothing left around her parking spot.

4 Where is Jennifer?

5 What is the timeline?

4 Where is Jennifer?

1. My guess is the crime scene is where she is buried.
2.There have been 2 pieces of hair found in the car and around 100 fingertips.
3.My guess is there are not actual witnesses (besides the killers), that saw her being abducted,murdered.
4.My guess is she is buried around the area. Not further than 30minutes away from her home.
If you have the time watch the WFTV CHANNEL 9 on YouTube. They have a recent episode released that says everything. I think the case will be solved in 2023.

1. My guess is the crime scene is where she is buried.
2.There have been 2 pieces of hair found in the car and around 100 fingertips.
3.My guess is there are not actual witnesses (besides the killers), that saw her being abducted,murdered.
4.My guess is she is buried around the area. Not further than 30minutes away from her home.
If you have the time watch the WFTV CHANNEL 9 on YouTube. They have a recent episode released that says everything. I think the case will be solved in 2023.
I hope the hair and prints give them a lead when they retest the evidence, but they could have nothing to do with her case.

Regarding the prints, I wonder if they’re 100 prints from the same set of hands or from a bunch of different people. She had other people riding in her car. You can tell that from the passenger side floor mat.

I do think that show was trying to rattle someone which makes me hopeful. Bill Moore’s segment literally gave me chills. If they are trying to rattle someone, I would assume they believe that person is still in Orlando since it was a local broadcast.

Attachments

• 65F33FB7-65E5-4BA7-84D1-034097B59FE3.jpeg
    65F33FB7-65E5-4BA7-84D1-034097B59FE3.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 63644E80-E0D3-44F3-9E6D-9AFC70CCAAA7.jpeg
    63644E80-E0D3-44F3-9E6D-9AFC70CCAAA7.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
It has been 17 years since Jennifer Kesse disappeared in Orlando. The 24-year-old vanished without a trace in January 2006 – and no one's been arrested.

Her family tells FOX 35 they have new leads in the case. Drew Kesse – Jennifer's father – says the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is working on the case with the family’s investigators.

After spending over $80,000 on case files from the Orlando Police Department, Kesse says they’re getting new leads. Orlando police initially investigated the case, but the family was not happy with how it was handled.

Kesse says the department botched the investigation from the moment an officer was sent out when calls were first made about her disappearance.

"We went up to the condo, and they sent an officer out, officer came in, looked around for about 30 seconds, and said, ‘She probably had a fight with her boyfriend. She’ll be back,’ and he walked out."

Her father says he’ll never give up looking for his daughter.

WOFL-Jennifer-Kesse-missing3.jpg

"She is our flesh and blood. We created her," he told FOX 35. "We created her out of joy and out of love. We raised her, nurtured her, educated her. She’s our love child. How do you walk away from that? We can’t. I can’t. I never will. And I think she knows that."

[...]

Evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a violent struggle took place on the front hood of the 24-year-old woman’s car, a clue the family hopes will yield new leads in a case that has long been unsolved.

"It looked like someone was thrown down on the top of the hood – arms spread out and then dragged back almost like off the hood to the point where you can almost see fingers scribbling down the hood," said Kesse’s father at the time.

"The photos look suspicious and show what appears to be a hand mark going across the hood," added Mike Torretta, a former federal agent and private investigator hired by the Kesse family.

The person of interest – believed to be male and dressed in workman’s clothes – has never been identified.

After all these years it's the same old stuff being recycled. I wish it were otherwise.

As for new leads, what could there possibly be after 17 years?
I'll repeat my thoughts. This is what a botched investigation looks like.

After all these years it's the same old stuff being recycled. I wish it were otherwise.

As for new leads, what could there possibly be after 17 years?
I'll repeat my thoughts. This is what a botched investigation looks like.
Exactly, all these years later, and nothing even close to being new or hopeful.

There must be one good cold case detective in the huge city of Orlando who would be willing to take this case on and re-work it from the day Jennifer disappeared.

Forget about the warring sides, and their preconceived theories, and focus on Jennifer. The grown-up, twenty-four-year-old Jennifer with a life of her own. Take an honest look at the things she did and the people she spoke to during the week before she went to St. Croix. In both her work and her personal life.

Look harder at what she did on the evening of the 23rd. Remember who Jennifer was--an educated and intelligent young woman who hadn't lived with her parents since she was 17. She made her own decisions.

The thread that will begin to unravel this whole thing will be found there. People don't vanish. Jennifer didn't vanish.

There must be one good cold case detective in the huge city of Orlando who would be willing to take this case on and re-work it from the day Jennifer disappeared.

Forget about the warring sides, and their preconceived theories, and focus on Jennifer. The grown-up, twenty-four-year-old Jennifer with a life of her own. Take an honest look at the things she did and the people she spoke to during the week before she went to St. Croix. In both her work and her personal life.

Look harder at what she did on the evening of the 23rd. Remember who Jennifer was--an educated and intelligent young woman who hadn't lived with her parents since she was 17. She made her own decisions.

The thread that will begin to unravel this whole thing will be found there. People don't vanish. Jennifer didn't vanish.
Looking at Jennifer's background would be a waste of time if she was abducted, raped, and murdered by one or two of the apartment complex workers to whom she had no significant connection.

I agree 100%. I think the only hope of this case getting solved is a fresh set of eyes taking over with no preconceived theories . Tunnel vision won’t solve it. I doubt anyone talks after 17 years unless they want to. If a fresh set of eyes doesn’t solve it, then it will take patience and/or luck.

The culprits are long gone. The case was likely lost when they didn’t bring in Spanish-speaking investigators immediately. It’s well-known there were undocumented workers and some made Jennifer uncomfortable. This wasn’t further investigated….there’s the likely answer.

I'm going on memory here; always dangerous. I seem to recall cold case detectives and even the FBI have had a look at this case.
I remember seeing all the evidence folders and binders in one of the documentaries on Jennifer's abduction. Most likely Discovery Channels Disappeared.
At the time I thought I'd move Heaven and Earth to look through those.
However I presume the Kesse's and their team have had most of them for some time and the result is...... nothing much at all.

The really critical factor was Jennifer's condo being flooded with people including family long before any crime or crime scene was declared. Critical evidence was lost for sure.

I'm going on memory here; always dangerous. I seem to recall cold case detectives and even the FBI have had a look at this case.
I remember seeing all the evidence folders and binders in one of the documentaries on Jennifer's abduction. Most likely Discovery Channels Disappeared.
At the time I thought I'd move Heaven and Earth to look through those.
However I presume the Kesse's and their team have had most of them for some time and the result is...... nothing much at all.

The really critical factor was Jennifer's condo being flooded with people including family long before any crime or crime scene was declared. Critical evidence was lost for sure.
The FBI looked at the case. On June 22, 2010, Drew gave an interview and stated that the case had been transferred to the FBI (Websleuths Thread 10 Post 715). By January 23, 2011 he stated the fbi has given up (Websleuths Thread 11 post 27).
Three smart panels have looked at the case. Drew stated that in his 2014 January update (Websleuths Thread 1/24/2014- 8 years later- need answers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288