SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Southern, wealthy family in what some have called "Murdaugh County?" Whether they believe AM guilty or not, it's all about appearances so not surprised at all. MOO

ETA: IMO, I believe they are also there to support Buster.
Yup.
The two brothers went on Good Morning America to do PR for the family name. Yet AM had ripped off their family law firm and their clients. The firm has had to 'rebrand' to try to put the frauds behind them. The stain will now spread to the entire family.

Have the family ever said publicly anything along the lines of, "yes, our brother has major issues, and yes, he has done terrible things that we do not condone, but this doesn't make him a murderer"? It's possible that I missed it.

That article doesn't specify which side they will testify on.
I'm going to have to look for it, but I read that the only Murdaugh being called by the prosecution is RM4 (i.e. Richard Murdaugh IV, Alec's brother). He is also a witness for defense, as are all of the other Murdaughs.

(I'm off to find out where I read/heard this, but it was definitely today.)
Maybe here:

I have a feeling Poots told them they all had to be there. Exception might be sister as she was nodding head yesterday when positive points were made about her sibling.

As solemn as they appear it must have been a very complicated decision. Maybe they still think he’s innocent? Maybe they are there for Buster because it was his brother and mother?

Most interesting to me they are on defense witness list (RM on both) Bloody is thicker than water — especially in the South. MOO. MOO.

Anyway you look at it — it’s got to be painful for them — and they are victims, too.
Well said.
I feel particularly bad for Buster.

He is so sick and I wonder why he used two separate guns, in his mind. His son Buster is supporting him, won't look at anything else about father as that's the money for him if he gets off.
I was surprised also he is supporting him after reading stories in the past that he did NOT support his dad.
Wonder what changed his mind ??
Follow the $$

Yup.
The two brothers went on Good Morning America to do PR for the family name. Yet AM had ripped off their family law firm and their clients. The firm has had to 'rebrand' to try to put the frauds behind them. The stain will now spread to the entire family.

Have the family ever said publicly anything along the lines of, "yes, our brother has major issues, and yes, he has done terrible things that we do not condone, but this doesn't make him a murderer"? It's possible that I missed it.

IMO, I think they treat AM like the elephant in the room. If we ignore it, everyone else will too.

Publicly, I've only seen concern for AM -- especially after the murder of MM/PM. It was similar after AM's botched suicide for hire.

In contrast, I don't recall any public outreach for Ms. Beach where you'd think a family in a position to warn of the dangers of "youth being youth" on the water. But then PM was probably just another elephant. MOO

Family of slain South Carolina mother and son break silence l GMA​

Last edited:
I may be alone in this but I'm not convinced Alec planned on murder that day. He certainly didn't plan it well.

Perhaps it was a Hail Mary move, hoping to accomplish what he does best -- talk his wife out of her money. Beg for money, beg for time, beg for a pause on divorce, backed with all kinds of promises.

I'm struggling to see how this could've been pre-planned, prior to 7:50pm. Botched in just about every way possible. His own weapons. His phone with him. Gunshot residue on his seatbelt and on the raincoat. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I see no evidence of prior alibi, just a feeble attempt to build one after.

Speculating he tried to lovebomb Maggie, didn't expect Paul to buttress her, followed Paul to the kennel to "reason" with him, Maggie followed in her car, to hold tempers back.... and the desperate, panicked crashinghouseofcard swindler started shooting.

Plenty of premeditation in those minutes.

2 counts, Murder 1. LWOP.

JMO
Someone who had been swindling many, had cops and judges, and cousins in his pocket, had been a successful criminal for years, had no reason to cover his tracks. I think he knew he was untouchable. No one would ever doubt his word, and everyone would just go along with the story that this was related to the boat incident.

Remember how quickly the story of him being a person of interest was completely silenced? I honestly believe if his financial crimes hadn't come to light, he probably would've gotten away with this. It would've been swept under the rug.

Thank god it wasn't.

I've said it so many times, but I'll say it again - he is absolutely heartless and cares only for himself, IMO. He had been plotting planning and scheming for years without remorse. Re-reading the story of how one of Gloria Satterfield's cognitively disabled sons was evicted out of his mobile home over $14,000 while Alex and his cronies watched and did nothing but enjoy the millions in settlement money that he was entitled to is a good reminder. It's absolutely stomach churning.

I was surprised also he is supporting him after reading stories in the past that he did NOT support his dad.
Wonder what changed his mind ??
Follow the $$
Do you recall where you read that he didn't support his dad? I haven't been on all threads of this case, so I don't recall seeing that.
I think Buster is in a really difficult place. I can't imagine what he is going through.

IMO, I think they treat AM like the elephant in the room. If we ignore it, everyone else will too.

Publicly, I've only seen concern for AM -- especially after the murder of MM/PM. It was similar after AM's botched suicide for hire.

In contrast, I don't recall any public outreach for Ms. Beach where you'd think a family in a position to warn of the dangers of "youth being youth" on the water. But then PM was probably just another elephant. MOO

Family of slain South Carolina mother and son break silence l GMA​

This interview was my first clue AM was guilty. The statements and demeanour were ridiculously obvious. “Alex doesn’t have any enemies, we have no idea who would do this” What attorney has no disgruntled persons out there? It’s the natural gravity of one side being happy and the other unhappy in every case.

The fake tears and pat from brother to his brother was staged.

Shouldn’t that field trip have been decided upon pre-trial?
Not sure if they have to now but a few years ago, at least in FL, they did NOT

The Jury for Christina Morris case asked to see the vehicle and took a field trip to where it was impounded.
I was surprised and delighted that the jury wanted to go and see the vehicle as I followed the case and trial since day one.

Christina’s DNA was also found in the trunk of Arochi’s 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, which was shown to the jury during Arochi’s trial in one of its most poignant moments.

Last edited:
Do you recall where you read that he didn't support his dad? I haven't been on all threads of this case, so I don't recall seeing that.
I think Buster is in a really difficult place. I can't imagine what he is going through.
Pick one, any one--it was all over the news---
But we all know that blood is thicker than water, so there's that.

Last edited:
In the opening the State said that AM first said that he was napping at the house and that he never went to the kennel area during the time of the killing. Given Paul's video with AM's voice at the kennel, I just don't see how he can get out of this. JMO.

He is so sick and I wonder why he used two separate guns, in his mind. His son Buster is supporting him, won't look at anything else about father as that's the money for him if he gets off.
Why wouldn't Buster get the money if his father is found guilty? Wouldn't he be the one surviving 'eligible' family member?
I'm likely missing something....but I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73