LA - Madison Brooks, 19, LSU Student Was Allegedly Raped Before She Was Fatally Struck by Car, Jan 2023 *4 Men Arrested*

<modsnip - quoted post was response to it removed>

The men have lawyered up and aren't talking.

Not surprised this bar lost their liquor license !

The perps say that they didn't assault her, but I'm sure they did a dna swab during her autopsy.
It was foolish of them to leave her by the road because she couldn't give them an address, and this will play into the trial , if it comes to a trial ?

Also beyond stupid and cruel was the fact they filmed her, but in the long run -- it will provide more evidence as to what exactly they did/didn't do to her.
If they erased it, LE can do a forensic search !

From the above link :
"... A lawyer representing two of the defendants claims that he has video proof that they are innocent, and that she willingly participated in the sexual activity.

He claimed that Madi was in a 'coherent state' and 'knew what was happening' – arguing that the footage would prove this.

It is unclear if the footage has yet been handed over to the authorities, with Haley saying he would turn it over to investigators and the District Attorney's office.
He added that Madi gave 'verbal consent five times' to the 17-year-old before having sex with her in the rear of the car ...."

emphasis mine.

Yadda, yadda ...
It's their lawyer, of course he'll say that.
Whether it's true or not.

Sorry that Madi is dead, it's a tragedy that didn't have to happen, and all those men had to do was to drop her off at a hospital or police station.
They're in hot water now, and they have no one to blame except themselves.
Even if they didn't touch her (& I think the dna results said otherwise), because of their actions, Madi is dead.

They could have called her a cab or Uber, and not taken her with them.
This alone makes me think they meant to take advantage of her.

Rest in peace, Madi.

M00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also read that Madi donated her organs.

Her sorority wrote on Monday: 'Madi was a bubbly, loving, and selfless friend. She left an indelible mark on our chapter, we cherish our memories together and we will never forget her. Our forever friend was also a hero, Madi donated her heart and kidneys to save others'

Last edited:
The DA said that he is looking to upgrade the charges from the current charges of third-degree rape. Not sure if that means an upgrade to second-degree or first-degree rape.

From reading Louisiana criminal statutes, it looks like first-degree rape may be limited to rape victims over 65 and under 13, if I am reading the information correctly at the following link -

<modsnip - response to removed quoted post>. She was in fact dumped because she was so drunk she couldn't give them an address. She also was raped. Can't give consent when your BAC is that high.

<modsnip>
Adobe Acrobat
4 times the legal limit. You are WAY out of control by then, in fact seems impossible to get yourself there. I think the guys who took her and raped her, forced her to drink more alcohol. I can't imagine drinking yourself there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young men NEED to be taught that because a woman is very drunk, it means she she can not give consent. No if, ands or buts.

This is brock turner stuff with a even more heinous ending.
One of the arrestees told LE it was rape. I don't believe for ONE minute that these men thought she gave consent, or could. They decided to rape her, knew exactly what they were doing. No excuses, we need to come down hard, or this won't stop happening. And I don't know how you can drink yourself to that level of BAC? Seems to me someone forced her to drink more. That might warrant manslaughter charges.

One of the arrestees told LE it was rape. I don't believe for ONE minute that these men thought she gave consent, or could. They decided to rape her, knew exactly what they were doing. No excuses, we need to come down hard, or this won't stop happening. And I don't know how you can drink yourself to that level of BAC? Seems to me someone forced her to drink more. That might warrant manslaughter charges.
Oh I agree, but I also think they (and alot of young men their age) saw a drunk woman as something easy to take advantage of.

Its also very easy for college kids, especially small, light women, to drink that much.

I think the 28 year old is the uncle of the 18 year old who raped MB in the back seat of the car, along with the 17 year old who has not been identified, since he is a minor.

The 28 year old uncle was in the front seat while Carver was driving, IIRC. And both the 28 year old uncle and Carver are both charged with principal to third-degree rape.

If the 28 year old is related as uncle to the 18 year old who is charged with third-degree rape, then the question is will the uncle testify against his nephew. He may do so, like Carver, if the prosecution upgrades the uncles's and Carver's charges to principal to first-degree rape, or possibly for other reasons.
Thank you for clarifying.

Is there law related to gender-based violence? If so, what sentence does that carry when the victim is deceased due to gender-based violence?

This isn't just a rape, or just a gang rape. This isn't just plying with alcohol. This is a woman who was subjected to a violent crime involving alcohol and gang rape because she is a young woman.

If she consented, it was probably for self-preservation and coercion for the camera - to exonerate the violent men from rape charges and stay alive. The nature of the violent crime makes gender-based violence indisputable.

Were there drugs in her system? Roofies or something similar? Toxicology report in a couple of months?

The DA said that he is looking to upgrade the charges from the current charges of third-degree rape. Not sure if that means an upgrade to second-degree or first-degree rape.

From reading Louisiana criminal statutes, it looks like first-degree rape may be limited to rape victims over 65 and under 13, if I am reading the information correctly at the following link -

Thank you! This will take some time to sort through - looks like a law for developing countries, oddly.

Last edited:
Is there law related to gender-based violence? If so, what sentence does that carry when the victim is deceased due to gender-based violence?

This isn't just a rape, or just a gang rape. This isn't just plying with alcohol. This is a woman who was subjected to a violent crime involving alcohol and gang rape because she is a young woman.

If she consented, it was probably for self-preservation and coercion for the camera - to exonerate the violent men from rape charges and stay alive. The nature of the violent crime makes gender-based violence indisputable.

Were there drugs in her system? Roofies or something similar? Toxicology report in a couple of months?
I wondered if she was drugged as well. Just so disturbing that more than one person was ok with all of this!!

I wondered if she was drugged as well. Just so disturbing that more than one person was ok with all of this!!
I don't think anyone was okay with this. If I'm understanding correctly, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I understand so far:

Four men were involved with the victim prior to her death. Her alcohol level was extremely high, too high for consent. Were there signs that she vomited? She was 19 years old. Vomiting would be the natural reaction to too much alcohol. Were there any signs that she did not voluntarily drink that much alcohol, such as alcohol stains on her clothing, face, neck, or hair?

An 18 year old and a 17 year old raped the victim in the back seat of a car. The front seats were occupied by two people, one of whom is the 28 year old uncle of the 18 year old rape suspect. In my opinion, there's no way that the two in the front seat were not involved. Someone held the camera. Someone stood by while his nephew, 10 years younger, raped an intoxicated 19 year old woman who declared (probably under duress) on camera that it was her decision to have sex with two men while two others with a camera watched in a car. Sounds crazy for any of the suspects to claim that she wanted that.

It sounds like four suspects had a plan that involved the two youngest suspects raping a drunk woman. It sounds like one of the two oldest suspects produced exculpatory video evidence during the rape clearing them of rape. Unbelievable that he brought that forward - hopefully he didn't get a deal.

Who among us followed Allison Rice's murder in Baton Rouge last SEPT? She was a LSU student who left a bar, stopped for French fries and was shot at the railroad crossing. She only drove 3.4 miles from where she departed the bar to the place where she was shot.

LA - LSU student, Allison Rice, shot to death in car while waiting at RR Crossing, Baton Rouge

It is difficult to imagine why LSU admin is not helping to take care of these serious crimes which are far more important than winning an SEC football game. I have a family member who was a student at LSU some 10+- years ago. He held a study group session in his dorm room one evening. One of the guys left the study group to go to his dorm room. CCTV captured him riding the elevator in his bldg at or about the time that a female student was raped nearby. He was arrested for the rape that he did not commit. It was an awful experience for those students. The accused hailed from a NE state. Hence, his LSU buddies put their funds together and bailed him out of jail before his parents were able to arrive in town. I share this story because rapes on the LSU campus and nearby have been an ongoing issue.

Here is a link to an interactive map of BR indicating the crime danger zones. LSU is next to the MS River south of I-10. The bottom purple segment next to the river is known of as Tigerland. LSU's campus is located just above that dark purple zone.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 12.35.33 AM.png.
Baton Rouge Crime Rates and Statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Message from LSU President:
"Madison was a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a niece, a classmate, and a friend to many of you. By all accounts, she was an amazing young woman with limitless potential," the statement said. "She should not have been taken from us in this way. What happened to her was evil, and our legal system will parcel out justice.

"Our collective grief and outrage cannot e put into mere words. So what can we do? Our place to target our attention is the very place where this encounter began.

"All but one of the suspects involved in this horrific scenario were underage yet were able to consume alcohol at a local bar. As such, our action plan starts with a deep and relentless focus on any establishment that profits of our students by providing alcohol to underage individuals. In the coming days, we will call a meeting with these business owners to discuss how their responsibilities directly impact the safety of our students. Enough is enough."
Arrests made, LSU promises action after student's death

So, the Pres is basically blaming underage drinking and not the fact that men raped her, then left her for dead.

Madi worked at Reggie's. I hope to be clear that in LA, it is legal to work and serve alcohol in a bar at age 18yo
LSU student Madison Brooks worked at bar where she drank before attack: report

How do you mend a broken heart?

From page 3 of Madison's report written by Detective Lieutenant's, her BAL was .319g%
Adobe Acrobat

From pg 2 of Notre Dame's BAL, mentioned in the report, a BAL that high, renders one with alcohol poisoning.
https://www.notredamecollege.edu/sites/default/files/-Blood-Alcohol-Chart.pdf

Screenshot 2023-01-26 1.54.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-26 2.05.56 AM.png
Alcohol Poisoning // Rev. James E. McDonald, C.S.C., Center for Student Well-Being // University of Notre Dame

Isn't it possible that Madi died during the rapes and that is why they left her body on Hwy 42?

Madison's friend says Madi left her knowing that kindness and love is always the answer. Video at link.

LSU student Madison Brooks died from ‘traumatic injuries’ after good Samaritans tried to save her

The father of deceased Louisiana State University student Allie Rice, who was shot to death in September 2022 < > "something's got to change" in Baton Rouge after another LSU student, Madison Brooks, was < > killed ...

His daughter's killing remains unsolved ...

"It's going to take community effort. < > say enough is enough."

"As far as I’m concerned, I’m ready to blow the top off this town [even] if it means getting some negative national publicity to open some people’s eyes." — Paul Rice

After Madison Brooks death, slain LSU student Allie Rice's father says 'something's got to change'

Has there been any progress in solving the murder of LSU student Allison Rice?

Has there been any progress in solving the murder of LSU student Allison Rice?

I'm sure things are being done behind the scenes but nothing has been released lately regarding solving it. Her family is trying to get the city to put more cameras around since Allie's death.

Cameras to be installed in 2-3 weeks where Allie Rice and Devin Page Jr. were murdered

Isn't it possible that Madi died during the rapes and that is why they left her body on Hwy 42?
<snipped for focus>

The ride-share driver who hit Madi stopped and did what he could to try to save her, several others stopped and gave her CPR, but she didn't make it. She was alive when she was hit by the car.

ETA I guess the question is, can the 4 suspects be charged with manslaughter based on leaving Madi on the road in her state? Or maybe the bar owner for letting her leave his establishment in that state? Or all of them? As LE continue to investigate, I hope they find grounds for additional charges that have not been filed yet. If warranted, of course.

<snipped for focus>

The ride-share driver who hit Madi stopped and did what he could to try to save her, several others stopped and gave her CPR, but she didn't make it. She was alive when she was hit by the car.

ETA I guess the question is, can the 4 suspects be charged with manslaughter based on leaving Madi on the road in her state? Or maybe the bar owner for letting her leave his establishment in that state? Or all of them? As LE continue to investigate, I hope they find grounds for additional charges that have not been filed yet. If warranted, of course.

Yes, Sundog, I am aware of the strangers attempting CPR. IME, that doesn't indicate that she was breathing at the time. Perhaps they hoped to help her heart to begin beating so she could breathe. MSM reports that sweet Madi died at the hospital after being placed on a ventilator. Also aware that the driver phoned 911 straight away and will not be charged with vehicular manslaughter, etc.

Mad's BAL was dangerously high at .319%. She fell off the bench at the door and needed help getting on her feet.

If she is being brutally raped while face down in the backseat of a vehicle, it is difficult to reconcile that the forced rapes did not shock and traumatize this precious young lady whose body was already compromised by the BAL. No one will be able to convince me that these guys were gentle with her at all.

All my opinion and written with great sympathy to her family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back