LA - Madison Brooks, 19, LSU Student Was Allegedly Raped Before She Was Fatally Struck by Car, Jan 2023 *4 Men Arrested*

Kaivon Washington, the 18-year-old suspect charged with third-degree rape, posted $150,000 bond and was released from Louisiana's East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office lock-up on Thursday, records show.

Casen Carver, 18, and 28-year-old Everett Lee, both of whom were charged with being principles to third-degree rape, posted a combined $125,000 bond and were released on Tuesday...

... [Judge] Myers disagreed and said he believed based on the footage and other evidence that a crime had occurred...

"The evidence to me is clear," Myers reportedly said.

Prosecutors are also expected to empanel a grand jury.

Suspects in LSU student Madison Brooks case released from Baton Rouge jail, records show

So, the evidence was clear to the Judge but he set a low bond for those accused. No need to wonder why these rapes and assaults on women continue in BR.

I don't think anyone was okay with this. If I'm understanding correctly, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I understand so far:

Four men were involved with the victim prior to her death. Her alcohol level was extremely high, too high for consent. Were there signs that she vomited? She was 19 years old. Vomiting would be the natural reaction to too much alcohol. Were there any signs that she did not voluntarily drink that much alcohol, such as alcohol stains on her clothing, face, neck, or hair?

An 18 year old and a 17 year old raped the victim in the back seat of a car. The front seats were occupied by two people, one of whom is the 28 year old uncle of the 18 year old rape suspect. In my opinion, there's no way that the two in the front seat were not involved. Someone held the camera. Someone stood by while his nephew, 10 years younger, raped an intoxicated 19 year old woman who declared (probably under duress) on camera that it was her decision to have sex with two men while two others with a camera watched in a car. Sounds crazy for any of the suspects to claim that she wanted that.

It sounds like four suspects had a plan that involved the two youngest suspects raping a drunk woman. It sounds like one of the two oldest suspects produced exculpatory video evidence during the rape clearing them of rape. Unbelievable that he brought that forward - hopefully he didn't get a deal.
Just to confirm - I meant of the 4 perps, not us or most anyone else I hope! I still can’t believe they left her like that on the side of a road!! I’m hoping for a charge related to her death as well for all of them.

Four People Have Been Arrested After An LSU Student Was Allegedly Raped, Then Left On The Side Of The Road Where She Was Hit By A Car And Killed

This entire story is atrocious! There was definitely no way that she could have given consent with a BAC that high. Happy to see that there has been arrests made - hoping for justice for Madison and her friends and family.
agreed. consent isn't possible between total strangers at that BAC. we will see how the defense spins it. always intersting when they lawyer up as quickly as they did.

Oh I agree, but I also think they (and alot of young men their age) saw a drunk woman as something easy to take advantage of.

Its also very easy for college kids, especially small, light women, to drink that much.
She had a BAC that is at blackout level. I do not know if I agree that she could have drank herself to that level. I think a light weighted woman especially, alcohol would affect her even faster.

Did Madie have any drive home that night?

Did they tell her they would drive her home?
Haven’t seen info on what her original ride plans were, if any. She appears in camera footage to follow them to their car. (Personally, I question whether they ever intended to ride her home.)

According to an affidavit, one of the suspects, Casen Carver, stated that he did not know Madison Brooks and had never seen her before. He said that when he and the others were leaving the bar, Brooks walked with them.

During an interview with detectives on Jan. 16, Carver reportedly stated that while walking to his car from the bar, Brooks "was very unstable on her feet, was not able to keep her balance, and was unable to speak clearly without slurring her words," the affidavits stated.

Carver reportedly told detectives that she had asked for a ride home and "he admitted that he agreed to give her the ride because he did not want to leave her while very intoxicated and the bar was closing," according to the affidavits.

Carver stated he asked for Brooks' address but "she fell over and could not answer him," according to the affidavits.

<snipped for focus>

The ride-share driver who hit Madi stopped and did what he could to try to save her, several others stopped and gave her CPR, but she didn't make it. She was alive when she was hit by the car.

ETA I guess the question is, can the 4 suspects be charged with manslaughter based on leaving Madi on the road in her state? Or maybe the bar owner for letting her leave his establishment in that state? Or all of them? As LE continue to investigate, I hope they find grounds for additional charges that have not been filed yet. If warranted, of course.

Sundog, I read the article posted by another member moments ago that reads, in part:

"She was standing in a dark portion of Burbank Drive near Pelican Lakes Parkway around 3 a.m. on Jan. 15 when she was hit by a vehicle driven by a ride-share driver, investigators said. Brooks later died at a hospital.

Video shows LSU student leaving bar night of deadly crash; Reggie’s releases statement

In the video Reggie's released, found at the same link, I see Madison running to catch up with the guys. :confused: Color me dumbfounded. Where was her vehicle? How did she arrive at Reggie's?

Why do I find it incredulous that this young lady had a .319% alcohol level, was raped at least twice while in the backseat of a car, then, dropped off along the highway because she couldn't tell them where she lives but, after all of that, Madi is able to stand in the road?

moo and a rhetorical question

Last edited:
Sundog, I read the article posted by another member moments ago that reads, in part:

"She was standing in a dark portion of Burbank Drive near Pelican Lakes Parkway around 3 a.m. on Jan. 15 when she was hit by a vehicle driven by a ride-share driver, investigators said. Brooks later died at a hospital.

Video shows LSU student leaving bar night of deadly crash; Reggie’s releases statement

In the video Reggie's released, found at the same link, I see Madison running to catch up with the guys. :confused: Color me dumbfounded. Where was her vehicle? How did she arrive at Reggie's?

Why do I find it incredulous that this young lady had a .319% alcohol level, was raped at least twice while in the backseat of a car, then, dropped off along the highway because she couldn't tell them where she lives but, after all of that, Madi is able to stand in the road?

moo and a rhetorical question
She was dropped off at an apartment complex after an argument with the driver.

She had a BAC that is at blackout level. I do not know if I agree that she could have drank herself to that level. I think a light weighted woman especially, alcohol would affect her even faster.

Anecdotally, when I was in college. ALOT of kids drank til blackout, it was the goal. And especially if they dont know any better they keep going.

That’s a matter of interpretation that the jury should decide
Certainly. They’ve been charged and are presumed innocent. And they may be. Anything can happen. Charges can be dropped, they may plea, it may go to trial. They may be found guilty, or not guilty.

But Madi isn’t going to trial to prove whether or not she was drunk.
She’s deceased, COD was multiple traumatic injuries.

It may have been a tragic accident.
Or, there may have been foul play - as we are learning, possibly rape.
Manner of death has not yet been announced.
We will have to wait, see and hear as the case unfolds.

Either way, Madi is a victim.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth