ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
^rsbm
Great post.

‘Up the ante’ reminded me that BTK / Dennis Rader told TMZ that he himself sees similarities between the killer‘s method and his own dark mind. Crazy as he is, it takes one to know one.

Scared the bejesus out of me reading that he said that.

I’m convinced BCK idolized BTK and Bundy. Lots of similarities between both. Kind of odd they share such similar initials as well..MOO

Watching Banfield now.
Xana‘s mom doesn’t want DP for BK.

AB is defending the interview, she has read the extensive comments saying it was wrong. She maintains that Cara has a voice, a dog in the fight. She has a right to speak.

Curious on thoughts. If this can't be resolved, does it end up being tried as a non-DP case?
I am not a lawyer and I don't live in Idaho, but I honestly don't think the decision to go for the DP will hinge on attorney conflicts.

That's a decision made on the basis of evidence and politics. (I don't necessarily mean the latter in a corrupt way. I'm just saying that some crimes are seen to "demand" capital punishment by those who make the decision.)

I would be curious to know if the killer went into the house with the intention to murder one person and just snapped or did it out of self preservation, or if their intention was to murder as many as they could?

Watching Banfield now.
Xana‘s mom doesn’t want DP for BK.

AB is defending the interview, she has read the extensive comments saying it was wrong. She maintains that Cara has a voice, a dog in the fight. She has a right to speak.
She is a vulnerable woman with a right to be protected which supersedes AN's right to create 'entertainment' IMHO

This has probably been brought up on here, if so I apologize. If Anne Taylor continues to be his attorney, couldn't there be a possible case for a mistrial or an appeal?
we're not sure. It depends upon whether a COI is present now or becomes an issue later. It's a complex legal argument and some great legal minds have been discussing it here over the past few hours.

Banfield wasn’t a Part 2 tonight like she said (bait). It was very short and she repeated what was aired last night. CN was on approximately for 15-20 minutes last night.

My concern, and maybe I'm way off-base with this thought--is that BK could use this to appeal a conviction, by claiming Taylor couldn't adequately represent him because she had a conflict. MOO
Similarly, I worry that BCK might have grounds for appeal should he have arguably the most qualified capital qualified public defender in the state removed from his defense team. MOO

we're not sure. It depends upon whether a COI is present now or becomes an issue later. It's a complex legal argument and some great legal minds have been discussing it here over the past few hours.
IMO Kohlberber may have known through his criminal justice studies that X mother had drug issues. I also think he loving that this is happenin. For all we know he has ways to gather info on victims.
He thinks he’s above law. he may just be smart enough to try and get away with this and that is scary imo

Idaho is small! Additionally, the defense attorney practices in the city where the parents were charged. It doesn't surprise me much. Also it's a "low crime" state. Yes, it has it's share of crime, but it doesn't have many murders etc. Hence, that's where we are.
Yeah, but Kootenai County has grown considerable in the past 25 to 30 years. They should still have more than 1 DP public defender on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave