Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

It's in the video in the link by that poster.

Pretty horrific attack, and it looked like Shanquella wasn't even fighting back.
These people were supposed to be her "friends".
Despicable.
M00.

if you're referring to the white object, that's not a mask - it's a headwrap worn during sleep that came forward onto the suspect's face

if you're referring to the white object, that's not a mask - it's a headwrap worn during sleep that came forward onto the suspect's face
Yes, it looks like that.
May have been mistaken for a mask ?

My .02 is that the fatal beating came sometime after as it looked in the attack video that Shanquella lifted her head up right as the camera pans away from her ?
There is something that they did to her, after this video was filmed.
:(
Imo.

Yes, it looks like that.
May have been mistaken for a mask ?

My .02 is that the fatal beating came sometime after as it looked in the attack video that Shanquella lifted her head up right as the camera pans away from her ?
There is something that they did to her, after this video was filmed.
:(
Imo.

yes a poster upthread thought that it is a mask

If the friends did indeed steal money from Shanquella, would the family be able to sue them for fraud? I mean, at least hold them accountable for something?

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
What a truely horrific case, I keep seeing this video reported as being a fight, it wasn't a fight it was an all out attack by one person against the victim. I don't know why she didn't attempt to fight back, it makes me wonder if she had been subjected to something like this before from this person?

imo all of them are equally guilty in this and i hope that justice will be served as soon as possible.

What a truely horrific case, I keep seeing this video reported as being a fight, it wasn't a fight it was an all out attack by one person against the victim. I don't know why she didn't attempt to fight back, it makes me wonder if she had been subjected to something like this before from this person?

imo all of them are equally guilty in this and i hope that justice will be served as soon as possible.
Her Father had said in a few interviews that she just wasn’t the type to fight. Maybe she hoped if she didn’t escalate the situation it would stop. Just my thoughts though. But what was done to her was terrible and how ppl stood there and watched was terrible! How did no one stop it and just say “aight she isn’t fighting it’s over.”

Months later, the push for answers around Shanquella Robinson’s death continues

What happened to Robinson?

• Oct. 28: Arrives in Cabo, Mexico with a group of friends
  • Oct. 29: Found dead in hotel room
  • Early November: A video showing an alleged fight goes viral on social media. Robinson’s parents told WBTV an autopsy report showed she died of a cracked spine.
  • Nov. 18: FBI announces their investigation
  • Nov. 19: Robinson was laid to rest in Charlotte
  • Nov. 24: Mexican authorities issue an arrest warrant for a ‘direct aggressor’
Three months later, there are still many unanswered questions.
. . .

No arrests have been made.

As far as the FBI’s independent investigation, it is still ongoing.

“The FBI investigation into the death of Shanquella Robinson is ongoing. We know this is a difficult time for her family and the community. The FBI is working with the Department of Justice to conduct a thorough and exhaustive investigation.”
----------------
Family, community to mail letters with pink envelopes to Mexico for Shanquella Robinson

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article271876507.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article271876507.html

Still awaiting charges, are we?

(The translation did not link, this would be a DIY I suppose.)

Apparently the Mexican government (could be a region/state, idk) is calling for justice in the case of a Mexican national who died in the US without a legal border crossing. Apparently accompanied by some acquaintances or business associates or friends?

imho very interesting!

Ms. Robinson entered Mexico at an airport? I presume that airline & immigration records are available to law enforcement in Mexico to identify her traveling companions? Hotel registrations?

Yet we await an arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back