Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

I thought she did have a very young infant with the latest bf who stayed in the home at the time?
Baby is a little girl, Quinton's brother is maybe three? Almost four. The motion the other day has his birthdate in Jan'19. But that doc was riddled with errors, so take it with a grain of salt how accurate the date might be.

Baby is a little girl, Quinton's brother is maybe three? Almost four. The motion the other day has his birthdate in Jan'19. But that doc was riddled with errors, so take it with a grain of salt how accurate the date might be.
Oh that’s right, I misread that
Pity to be these remaining 2 children of such evil

Judge Tammy Stokes was..“unavoidably out of court”
Judge Michael Karpf..was covering in her absence.
Judge Karpf said that Georgia law “generally allows media to cover trials and in-court proceedings.”
The prosecutor responded that he plans on objecting to any media recording..
Judge Karpf said that Judge Stokes would have to be the one to rule on this
Another thing to note the prosecution said they think Leilani’s trial will take about a week once a jury is chosen.

The motion hearing on Wednesday involved Rule 22, which dictates that “no person shall use any recording device in a manner that disrupts a proceeding.” According to rule, Chatham County allows media to cover court proceedings, though some hearings are closed as ordered by the presiding judge.

In cases that draw national attention, such as the murder trial of the three men who killed Ahmaud Arbery in Brunswick in February 2020, setting coverage expectations has become the norm. During that trial, the number of reporters allowed inside the courtroom was restricted, and no electronic devices were allowed inside the courtroom, except for a single camera that recorded the proceedings for limited broadcasting and for an overflow room provided for media outlets.

> "The state subpoenaed Aspen Dental on Friday for any and all dental records for the treatment of Leilani from Oct. 1 to Oct. 5..."

> "The state also subpoenaed Leilani's mother, Billie Jo Howell, to bring any of Leilani's journals, diaries or other writings in her possession..."

------------

MOOs

Is this about the Orajel? I'd thought her story was that she was getting Orajel for the baby that was teething, not herself.

> "The state subpoenaed Aspen Dental on Friday for any and all dental records for the treatment of Leilani from Oct. 1 to Oct. 5..."

> "The state also subpoenaed Leilani's mother, Billie Jo Howell, to bring any of Leilani's journals, diaries or other writings in her possession..."

------------

MOOs

Is this about the Orajel? I'd thought her story was that she was getting Orajel for the baby that was teething, not herself.

My first thought is that it's about a bite. Although a bite wouldn't really be evident at the stage he was found would it?

My first thought is that it's about a bite. Although a bite wouldn't really be evident at the stage he was found would it?
No, I don’t think a bite would be evident by then, JMO. I wonder if she’s claiming some drugs she received fprelates to dental work affected her in such a way she’s not responsible for her behavior or can’t remember it? Maybe that would tie in the journals as well? Again, just a thought, pure speculation and opinion.

Julie Rendelman, a New York-based criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor, told Fox News Digital she believed prosecutors were likely seeking dental records to further establish a "timeline" as it pertains to her whereabouts and her allegedly false claims to need Orajel.

"My guess is that she made some type of statements indicating that she had a dental procedure or had to see a dentist between October 1st and October 5th, which is around the time when the child is reported missing," she said. "And they're trying to establish that she is not being forthright in regards to that."

She also said investigators could be trying to determine if something that happened during her dentist appointment would have led to her seeking pain medication, such as Orajel.

"Remember, they don't have any eyewitnesses to the beating," Rendelman said. "The most important thing is to establish who could have been with the child, who would have had exclusive control of the child. Because if you're able to establish that, you're able to establish potentially who killed or hurt the child."

She added: "If she's made a series of statements, i.e., for example, if she gave an alibi saying, ‘I was at this location,’ on any given day … they're going to check out whether or not she, in fact, was there. Because if she's not, that's just another thing she lied about. And if she lied, the question becomes, why did you lie?"

Julie Rendelman, a New York-based criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor, told Fox News Digital she believed prosecutors were likely seeking dental records to further establish a "timeline" as it pertains to her whereabouts and her allegedly false claims to need Orajel.

"My guess is that she made some type of statements indicating that she had a dental procedure or had to see a dentist between October 1st and October 5th, which is around the time when the child is reported missing," she said. "And they're trying to establish that she is not being forthright in regards to that."

She also said investigators could be trying to determine if something that happened during her dentist appointment would have led to her seeking pain medication, such as Orajel.

"Remember, they don't have any eyewitnesses to the beating," Rendelman said. "The most important thing is to establish who could have been with the child, who would have had exclusive control of the child. Because if you're able to establish that, you're able to establish potentially who killed or hurt the child."

She added: "If she's made a series of statements, i.e., for example, if she gave an alibi saying, ‘I was at this location,’ on any given day … they're going to check out whether or not she, in fact, was there. Because if she's not, that's just another thing she lied about. And if she lied, the question becomes, why did you lie?"

a few cloves would have done nicely.. just sayin'

The original subpoena issued to Aspen Dental and Billie Jo Howell, the mother of Lelani Simon, requested they submit to the court “any and all journals, diaries or other writings” that belonged to Simon and for Aspen Dental to provide Simon’s dental records.

Assistant Public Defender Robert W. Attridge, Jr. wrote in the motion that the subpoena asked Howell to “act as an agent of law enforcement and forces her to unlawfully search for evidence that the defendant enjoys as ‘expectation of privacy.’”
Dental records and diaries, hmm. I wonder what kind of writings; LS doesn’t strike me as someone who bothers to journal their life experiences but you never know.

Leilani’s due back in court on February 13. Maybe we’ll learn more then.

The original subpoena issued to Aspen Dental and Billie Jo Howell, the mother of Lelani Simon, requested they submit to the court “any and all journals, diaries or other writings” that belonged to Simon and for Aspen Dental to provide Simon’s dental records.

Assistant Public Defender Robert W. Attridge, Jr. wrote in the motion that the subpoena asked Howell to “act as an agent of law enforcement and forces her to unlawfully search for evidence that the defendant enjoys as ‘expectation of privacy.’”
Dental records and diaries, hmm. I wonder what kind of writings; LS doesn’t strike me as someone who bothers to journal their life experiences but you never know.

I think the request for documents is standard nomenclature when asking for documents---it does not mean there are journals or diaries- just standard language for a request for records

(Snipped by me)

I thought that too. I wonder if keeping a journal is part of the program of the rehab facility she was at and those are the diaries/journals they are referring to? Or maybe something like baby books? Every child having one filled with photos, stories, stats, etc except Quinton?

ETA: or maybe, depending on what her drug of choice was, she had pages and pages of odd or incoherent ramblings that she would do while under the influence?

I think the request for documents is standard nomenclature when asking for documents---it does not mean there are journals or diaries- just standard language for a request for records
It's hard to tell. What's unusual is that the subpoena was for Leilani's mother BJ Howell to turn over the writings - “any and all journals, diaries or other writings” that belonged to LS. IMO most documents such as letters or receipts would be covered by search warrants but this subpoena was attempting to compel BJH to surrender something out of the norm.

I could be wrong but that plus the specific wording makes me ask if there is something in particular the DA is looking for. MOO of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back