NY NY - Corinna Slusser, 19, Queens, 20 Sept 2017

On the weekend of December 9 through 12, 2022, I distributed Corinna’s missing person flyers throughout Manhattan and Queens. Flyers were handed out in LaGuardia Airport; with cabs and Carmel Car Service drivers; in city buses and all along the 7, QNR, E, A, and LLRR train routes; in Penn Station, Grand Central Terminal, Staten Island Ferry Terminal, and Fulton Street Station; at the Grand Bazaar Flea, upper west side; throughout Harlem & the Bronx, Central Park, Times Square, Union Square, the east and west villages, lower east side, and lower Manhattan; throughout Queens, Long Island City, and at the JFK air train at Sutphin & Archer in Jamaica (where Corinna’s phone last pinged); and in churches, community centers, restaurants, hotels, and everything in between.

It was SantaCon weekend so I attended the kickoff & gave flyers to every person with an official media badge and/or a film crew in tow. Their responses were positive & they were gracious with their time though some - including a well known New York City area reporter (who provided excellent coverage on the Long Island Serial Killer case) - were not familiar with Corinna’s case. I can only hope that the flyers landed in the right hands.

It’s been five years since Corinna vanished and the public tends to focus on such hallmark dates (5, 10, 15 years, et al) so that, coupled with her episode on Hulu’s Missing, should draw more attention to her case.

On the weekend of December 9 through 12, 2022, I distributed Corinna’s missing person flyers throughout Manhattan and Queens. Flyers were handed out in LaGuardia Airport; with cabs and Carmel Car Service drivers; in city buses and all along the 7, QNR, E, A, and LLRR train routes; in Penn Station, Grand Central Terminal, Staten Island Ferry Terminal, and Fulton Street Station; at the Grand Bazaar Flea, upper west side; throughout Harlem & the Bronx, Central Park, Times Square, Union Square, the east and west villages, lower east side, and lower Manhattan; throughout Queens, Long Island City, and at the JFK air train at Sutphin & Archer in Jamaica (where Corinna’s phone last pinged); and in churches, community centers, restaurants, hotels, and everything in between.

It was SantaCon weekend so I attended the kickoff & gave flyers to every person with an official media badge and/or a film crew in tow. Their responses were positive & they were gracious with their time though some - including a well known New York City area reporter (who provided excellent coverage on the Long Island Serial Killer case) - were not familiar with Corinna’s case. I can only hope that the flyers landed in the right hands.

It’s been five years since Corinna vanished and the public tends to focus on such hallmark dates (5, 10, 15 years, et al) so that, coupled with her episode on Hulu’s Missing, should draw more attention to her case.
That is great! Thank you for doing that.

''EPISODE 3''Missing: Corinna Paige Slusser
A cheerleader from small-town Pennsylvania vanished after becoming trapped in a sex-trafficking nightmare in NYC. ''
Oct 22 2022 VERY LENGTHY , includes pics.
By Kristin Thorne and Emily Sowa
''According to police, someone reported seeing Slusser leaving the Haven Motel on Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens early one September morning in 2017. She has never been seen again.''

''CORINNA SLUSSER TIMELINE
  • October 6, 1998 - Corinna Paige Slusser is born in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
  • September 2013 - June 2016 - Corinna attends Central Columbia High School then Bloomsburg Area High School. She participates in track and cheerleading. She has many friends and gets average grades.
  • September 2016 - Corinna begins her senior year at Bloomsburg High School, but decides she no longer wants to participate in track and cheerleading. Her grades start to drop. She starts hanging with a different crowd. She begins fighting a lot with her mother, Sabina Tuorto.
  • October 2016 - One week shy of her 18th birthday, Corinna and her friend are arrested for shoplifting at a local dollar store.
  • October 2016 - January 2017 - Corinna skips school regularly. She is routinely drinking and smoking pot.
  • January 2017 - Corinna drops out of Bloomsburg High School and begins attending an online charter school. She doesn't attend her online classes. She never received her high school diploma. On January 3, Corinna tweets text messages she sent Sabina telling her, "I need things to change. I need to be happy. I lost motivation and goals because of how unhappy I've been. I hate myself and I need to teach myself to love me and you. I want us to do it together. I don't want to be your disappointment but I'm sorry. I need you mommy. I want you to help me."
  • April 2017 - Corinna attempts to kill herself by swallowing 50 500mg acetaminophen (Tylenol) pills at her house. One of Corinna's friends calls Sabina at work and tells Sabina that Corinna is in an emergency room in Bloomsburg. Corinna is transferred to the ICU at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Her liver is failing and doctors inform Sabina that Corinna may need a liver transplant. More than a week later, Corinna recovers but is hospitalized in a psychiatric unit for three days. A friend of Corinna's tells "Missing" that when she visited Corinna in the hospital she was texting "a guy from New York."
  • May 2017 - Corinna gets a large tattoo on the center of her chest.
June 2017 - Corinna moves out of her home with Sabina and moves in with a friend in nearby Hazleton, Pennsylvania. She works at Applebee's.
  • August 2017 - Corinna abruptly moves out of the house in Hazleton. She tells her mother that her friend kicked her out and was refusing to give her any of her clothes. When Sabina calls the friend, the friend tells her that Corinna owes her rent money and she is not giving Corinna any of her stuff back until she pays her the money she is owed. Corinna's friend Kayleigh LeVan tells 'Missing' that a man picked up Corinna from the house and told the roommate Corinna wouldn't need her clothes anyway because he would buy her tons of clothes.
  • August 19, 2017 - Corinna posts on Facebook that she is in Brooklyn. Sabina texts Corinna asking what she is doing in New York. Sabina said Corinna made it sound like she was just visiting and had no plans to stay in New York.
  • August 2017 - Corinna becomes involved in the sex trade in New York City. Sabina said Corinna told her that she got a job doing "payroll" and was looking for a studio apartment.
  • August 25, 2017 (1:00 PM) - A man by the name Yhovanny Peguero allegedly assaults Corinna at the Harlem Vista Hotel. It's unclear how Corinna met Peguero. Peguero, 32, of Harlem, has been in and out of prison since he was 19-years-old. He's been arrested nine times and has been convicted of burglary, robbery, sex trafficking, promoting prostitution, assault, harassment, criminal mischief, possessing and selling drugs, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct. According to police documents, Peguero allegedly stole $300 from Corinna. Corinna confronted Peguero who allegedly grabbed her by her neck, slammed her against a wall, and choked her. Corinna called 911 and was taken to the hospital.
  • August 28, 2017 - Yhovanny Peguero is arrested for assaulting Corinna. He's charged with assault, harassment, and criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation. A judge issues a six-month order of protection against Peguero. The order states he is not allowed to have any communication with Corinna, including over phone, text, email, or social media, or he could face up to 7 years in prison. Peguero posts $1,000 bail and is released from jail.
  • A few days later - Sabina receives a copy of the order of protection at her home in Bloomsburg. She calls Corinna who tells her mother that everything is fine - that a man robbed her, but she is OK now and the man is in jail.
  • Early September 2017 - Corinna meets Ishi Woney, a 21-year-old aspiring rapper, who is later arrested on sex trafficking charges for prostituting Corinna and another woman.
  • September 3, 2017 - Corinna reaches out to Yhovanny Peguero over Facebook Messenger. She writes, "How are you, are you ok?"
  • September 7, 2017 - Peguero responds to Corinna over Facebook messenger in violation of the order of protection. He writes, "Hi how are u. Are u alright? And I miss u still."
  • September 7, 2017 - Corinna tweets about getting her first apartment in New York in Jerome Park in the Bronx. She writes with pictures of the apartment, "Never been more happier in my life. Forever dream accomplished."
  • September 8, 2017 - The last time Corinna updates her profile pictures on Facebook and Instagram. She writes, "Cheers to pumpkin spice and fall fashion in my new home."
  • September 10, 2017 - Corinna posts her last post on social media. She posted a picture of someone smoking what appears to be marijuana. She writes, "Cyphin mid day mid road is always good for the soul." It's unclear if it is Corinna in the picture. The identity of the person in the picture has never been confirmed. The location of the Instagram post is the Bronx.
  • September 10 - 20, 2017 - Ishi Woney and Corinna exchange 806 text messages.
  • September 11, 2017 - Corinna's aunt sends Corinna several text messages trying to check in with her after hearing that Corinna was assaulted. "I just found out what had been going on with my favorite niece," she wrote. "Going on? Not much is goin on what you mean," Corinna responded. The aunt asks Corinna about the man who hurt her. Corinna said her aunt shouldn't worry because he's in jail, which is a lie because Corinna had been communicating with Peguero over Facebook Messenger. "Well that won't happen again," Corinna texted her aunt.
  • September 16, 2017 (11:27 PM) - Ishi Woney sends a picture to Corinna over Facebook Messenger of himself, Corinna and another woman. The other woman would later be identified as one of Woney's sex trafficking victims. She was also advertised with Corinna as a "two girl special."
  • September 20, 2017 - The last day Corinna is seen. According to police, someone reported seeing Corinna leaving the Haven Motel on Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens early in the morning. Prosecutors believe Ishi Woney was with Corinna at the motel that morning. Police told Corinna's mother that the Haven Motel had no working surveillance cameras.
  • September 20, 2017 (around 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM) - Corinna calls her mother and says she wants to come home. Sabina tells her that she is going to her father's funeral in Florida and they will talk when she gets back. Corinna says she will try to take a train to Florida for her grandfather's funeral. She tells Sabina she is unable to fly because someone stole her driver's license and Social Security card.
  • September 20, 2017 (7:04 PM) - Corinna sends a Facebook message to Yhovanny Peguero asking to come see him. She wrote, "please let me come if not I could be locked up." She said a man left her at a motel "with no money and food."
  • September 20, 2017 (10:34 PM) - Yhovanny Peguero tries to call Corinna over Facebook. She doesn't pick up. This is the last Facebook interaction between Corinna and Peguero. We do not know if the two ever met up.
  • September 20, 2017 (5:40 AM) - Corinna leaves Kayleigh a mysterious voicemail and sounds frantic.
  • September 24, 2017 - Sabina leaves Pennsylvania to Florida for her father's funeral.
  • September 24, 2017 (10:48 AM) - Ishi Woney attempts to call Corinna over Facebook. She does not answer.
  • Late September 2017 - Sabina is trying to reach Corinna. Her phone is going straight to voicemail. Corinna is not responding to any text messages.
  • October 1, 2017 - Sabina returns to Bloomsburg. She gets in touch with Corinna's friends who say they have not heard from Corinna.
  • October 2 or 3, 2017 - Sabina files a missing persons report with the Montour Township Police Department in Bloomsburg, PA. A subsequent investigative report shows that Montour Township Police spoke with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office about Corinna's case and the order of protection she had against Yhovanny Peguero. According to the Montour Township report, the Manhattan DA's Office told them "given Peguero's background there is a concern that he may be holding Slusser against her will and prostituting her out for money."
  • October 19, 2017 - The NYPD emails Corinna telling her that "your family has reported you missing" and they want to know "if you are okay". Corinna never responds.
  • October 29, 2017 (6:31 PM) - Ishi Woney messages Corinna over Facebook. He says, "Hey I miss you. Can u just hit me up and let me know u ok."
  • Early November 2017 - Sabina takes Corinna's story to the media and her story goes viral on TikTok.
  • November 3, 2017 - Two NYPD officers interview a woman and Ishi Woney at a hotel in New Jersey about the disappearance of Corinna. We do not know what they told the police because the police will not release their investigative records on Corinna's case to "Missing" because Corinna is considered a victim of a sex offense. The NYPD would not do an interview with "Missing" to discuss Corinna's case. They said in a statement, "We are unable to accommodate the request for an interview. The investigation remains ongoing."
  • November 9, 2017 - A former detective in the Grand Prairie Police Department in Texas says he received a Crime Stoppers tip from the NYPD that Corinna may be in Grand Prairie being held captive.
  • April 2018 - Someone tries to extort Sabina for $7,500 saying that they had Corinna and were holding her captive. Sabina tries to wire money to them, but the money doesn't go through. The person said to meet them with the money in the parking lot of a women's hospital in Greensboro, NC. The NYPD advises Sabina that it could be a scam. Sabina almost goes but decides against it. She said the next day the person messaged her saying, "Remember this day though April 17, Tuesday 2018. Because it's the day you almost got her."
  • Spring 2018 - Sabina receives an anonymous letter in the mail to her home in Bloomsburg. The man only identifies himself as "Carlos C." He said he believes he saw Corinna on September 26, 2017, around 8:30 p.m. near 67th Road in Queens. He said the woman was chasing after his friend and was shouting that she was going to "sue him." The man identifies his friend by first and last name in the letter. He said he tried texting his friend after that night, but his friend never responded. "Missing" attempted to contact the man's friend, but could not find any working contact information for him.
  • Spring 2018 - The FBI becomes involved in the investigation. The FBI raids Corinna's room in Bloomsburg. They take some of her personal items and get a DNA sample from Sabina in case they find Corinna's body or other evidence of what may have happened to her. The FBI tells Sabina that Corinna's phone was last pinged in Jamaica, Queens.
  • February 26, 2018 - Police arrest Ishi Woney at a hotel in New Jersey for possession of drugs and for allegedly assaulting the woman who is pictured in the photo Woney sent to Corinna over Facebook messenger on September 16, 2017.
  • May 2018 - Yhovanny Peguero and Marcus McWright are charged with promoting prostitution in Manhattan. The Manhattan DA will not tell "Missing" who the prostitution charges involve, but according to court documents Peguero and McWright between June 7, 2017, and October 13, 2017 "knowingly advanced and profited from prostitution by managing, supervising, controlling and owning, either alone or in association with others, a house of prostitution and a prostitution business and enterprise involving prostitution activity by two or more persons for prostitution." Sabina said investigators told her that McWright posted online sex advertisements for Corinna.
  • October 31, 2018 - Ishi Woney is arrested on federal charges for sex trafficking Corinna and the woman pictured in the Facebook photo that Woney sent to Corinna on September 16, 2017. FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge William F. Sweeney Jr. said in a press release, "As alleged, Woney compelled his victim to engage in prostitution through force and coercion, and he used both this victim and Corinna Slusser, who has been missing since September 2017, in online advertisements promoting prostitution."
  • November 28, 2018 - Ishi Woney is sentenced to 15 years in federal prison. During the sentencing, Sabina pleaded with Ishi to tell her where Corinna is. Sabina tells "Missing" that Ishi stood up in the courtroom, turned around and looked at Sabina, and said, "I don't know where your daughter is. I don't know if she's dead or alive. But I'm praying that she is." Ishi Woney is serving out his sentence at Terre Haute federal prison in Indiana. He is expected to be released on November 28, 2031.
  • Winter 2019 - Sabina sends a letter to the White House and President Donald Trump expressing her frustration with the FBI in New York who she says is not responding to her calls and emails.
  • February 14, 2019 - Sabina receives a response from the White House regarding her email. The letter stated, "White House staff reviewed your correspondence and forwarded it to the appropriate Federal agency for further action." Sabina said FBI officers in New York subsequently reached out to her and apologized for not returning her messages. Missing requested an on-camera interview with the FBI in New York to discuss Corinna's case, but they said, "We don't have a comment."
  • Spring 2019 - Sabina buys a phone and connects it to Corinna's phone number. All of Corinna's photos, apps, calendar reminders, and emails load on the phone, but not her text messages or her call log. They are completely gone. The FBI asks if they can have the phone. Sabina turns it over. Sabina says the FBI gave the phone back to her two months later. Sabina says they didn't tell her anything about what they may have found on the phone.
  • January 15, 2020 (11:18 AM) - Sabina confronts Yhovanny Peguero at one of his court hearings in Manhattan. Peguero tells Sabina that he thinks Corinna is alive and that she's "exploring" New York City. He tells Sabina that he never attacked Corinna at the Harlem Vista Hotel.
  • February 21, 2020 - Marcus McWright, of Forest Hills, Queens, is convicted of promoting prostitution. He is released from prison one month later on March 26, 2020. "Missing" believes he was released early due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the City of New York's attempt to clear the prisons.
  • June 4, 2021 (9:51 PM) - An NYPD officer arrests Yhovanny Peguero near Times Square. The officer said he spotted Peguero selling crack cocaine. The officer searched Peguero and said he found in Peguero's pocket several plastic bags filled with crack cocaine as well as a rock of crack cocaine. A judge remands Peguero without bail.
  • October 25, 2021 - Yhovanny Peguero is sentenced to 2-5 years in the New York State prison system on the drug and prostitution charges. He is housed at Bare Hill Correctional Facility in Malone, New York. He could be released as early as October 2, 2023.
  • November 13, 2021 - Corinna's social media accounts shows activity. Sabina said that she has not used Corinna's accounts, so does someone have access to her accounts, or is Corinna active on social media herself?

Thank you all for responding. Corinna’s case needs renewed interest and thought that’s happening with the public, it appears to be a different story with law enforcement. And, given that Yhovanny Peguero could be released from prison later this year (late summer/early fall), there’s a sense of urgency to share Corinna’s story and get answers.

Strictly my opinion: Peguero and his associates/friends/co-pimps could hold the answers.

Who stood to lose the most for being in contact with Corinna? Peguero. He was previously jailed for physically assaulting her and had a restraining order issued against him (a copy of which was mailed to Corinna’s mother’s house in Pennsylvania). On the day when she was last seen, Corinna said she couldn’t board a plane to Florida for her grandfather’s funeral because her ID had been stolen. She then reached out to Peguero for help, which he said he would give if she agreed to “work” for him and give all of her money to him. It’s not known if the two met up that evening though Peguero later made an unanswered Facebook call to Corinna.

Opinion/theory: Corinna met with Peguero, the meeting did not go as planned and took a nasty turn, Peguero did not want to risk re-arrest so rather than get his cowardly hands dirtier, he enlisted a friend (or two or three) to harm Corinna while he made the Facebook call to cover his tracks.

Corinna’s phone last pinged in Jamaica Queens, which was home to Peguero’s co-pimp, Marcus McWright, who was also arrested for the trafficking of Corinna. Months later, a letter was sent to Corinna’s mom from someone named “Carlos C.” who allegedly lived in Jamaica Queens.

Now, how would a stranger in Queens know the name and address of Corinna’s mother? Was the letter instead written by someone with a connection to the case and in an attempt to shift blame elsewhere?

Who would know the name and address of Corinna’s mother? Someone involved with the case and who’s had conversation(s) with Corinna. Someone who’d stolen Corinna’s ID and Social Security card to prevent her from fleeing. Someone with case-specific paperwork (perhaps a restraining order?).

Last edited:
Opinion/theory: Corinna met with Peguero, the meeting did not go as planned and took a nasty turn, Peguero did not want to risk re-arrest so rather than get his cowardly hands dirtier, he enlisted a friend (or two or three) to harm Corinna while he made the Facebook call to cover his tracks.

Corinna’s phone last pinged in Jamaica Queens, which was home to Peguero’s co-pimp, Marcus McWright, who was also arrested for the trafficking of Corinna. Months later, a letter was sent to Corinna’s mom from someone named “Carlos C.” who allegedly lived in Jamaica Queens.

Now, how would a stranger in Queens know the name and address of Corinna’s mother? Was the letter instead written by someone with a connection to the case and in an attempt to shift blame elsewhere?

Who would know the name and address of Corinna’s mother? Someone involved with the case and who’s had conversation(s) with Corinna. Someone who’d stolen Corinna’s ID and Social Security card to prevent her from fleeing. Someone with case-specific paperwork (perhaps a restraining order?).
sbm, I think Peguero's involved too...
Aside from what we know he also gave me really bad vibes on the Missing episode =/
Corinna's mother's name was already known when that Carlos C letter arrived, and it's not difficult to find someone's address in the US. But interesting "coincidence"...
Very good post and awesome of you to help spread Corinna's info in NYC <3

The clip of Peguero speaking to Corinna’s mom is nauseating. He’s a coward who’ll never tell the truth, has no respect for himself or others, and has no idea what it means to be a good human or to do an honest day’s work.

''EPISODE 3''Missing: Corinna Paige Slusser
A cheerleader from small-town Pennsylvania vanished after becoming trapped in a sex-trafficking nightmare in NYC. ''
Oct 22 2022 VERY LENGTHY , includes pics.
''According to police, someone reported seeing Slusser leaving the Haven Motel on Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens early one September morning in 2017. She has never been seen again.''

''CORINNA SLUSSER TIMELINE
  • October 6, 1998 - Corinna Paige Slusser is born in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
  • September 2013 - June 2016 - Corinna attends Central Columbia High School then Bloomsburg Area High School. She participates in track and cheerleading. She has many friends and gets average grades.
  • September 2016 - Corinna begins her senior year at Bloomsburg High School, but decides she no longer wants to participate in track and cheerleading. Her grades start to drop. She starts hanging with a different crowd. She begins fighting a lot with her mother, Sabina Tuorto.
  • October 2016 - One week shy of her 18th birthday, Corinna and her friend are arrested for shoplifting at a local dollar store.
  • October 2016 - January 2017 - Corinna skips school regularly. She is routinely drinking and smoking pot.
  • January 2017 - Corinna drops out of Bloomsburg High School and begins attending an online charter school. She doesn't attend her online classes. She never received her high school diploma. On January 3, Corinna tweets text messages she sent Sabina telling her, "I need things to change. I need to be happy. I lost motivation and goals because of how unhappy I've been. I hate myself and I need to teach myself to love me and you. I want us to do it together. I don't want to be your disappointment but I'm sorry. I need you mommy. I want you to help me."
  • April 2017 - Corinna attempts to kill herself by swallowing 50 500mg acetaminophen (Tylenol) pills at her house. One of Corinna's friends calls Sabina at work and tells Sabina that Corinna is in an emergency room in Bloomsburg. Corinna is transferred to the ICU at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Her liver is failing and doctors inform Sabina that Corinna may need a liver transplant. More than a week later, Corinna recovers but is hospitalized in a psychiatric unit for three days. A friend of Corinna's tells "Missing" that when she visited Corinna in the hospital she was texting "a guy from New York."
  • May 2017 - Corinna gets a large tattoo on the center of her chest.
June 2017 - Corinna moves out of her home with Sabina and moves in with a friend in nearby Hazleton, Pennsylvania. She works at Applebee's.
  • August 2017 - Corinna abruptly moves out of the house in Hazleton. She tells her mother that her friend kicked her out and was refusing to give her any of her clothes. When Sabina calls the friend, the friend tells her that Corinna owes her rent money and she is not giving Corinna any of her stuff back until she pays her the money she is owed. Corinna's friend Kayleigh LeVan tells 'Missing' that a man picked up Corinna from the house and told the roommate Corinna wouldn't need her clothes anyway because he would buy her tons of clothes.
  • August 19, 2017 - Corinna posts on Facebook that she is in Brooklyn. Sabina texts Corinna asking what she is doing in New York. Sabina said Corinna made it sound like she was just visiting and had no plans to stay in New York.
  • August 2017 - Corinna becomes involved in the sex trade in New York City. Sabina said Corinna told her that she got a job doing "payroll" and was looking for a studio apartment.
  • August 25, 2017 (1:00 PM) - A man by the name Yhovanny Peguero allegedly assaults Corinna at the Harlem Vista Hotel. It's unclear how Corinna met Peguero. Peguero, 32, of Harlem, has been in and out of prison since he was 19-years-old. He's been arrested nine times and has been convicted of burglary, robbery, sex trafficking, promoting prostitution, assault, harassment, criminal mischief, possessing and selling drugs, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct. According to police documents, Peguero allegedly stole $300 from Corinna. Corinna confronted Peguero who allegedly grabbed her by her neck, slammed her against a wall, and choked her. Corinna called 911 and was taken to the hospital.
  • August 28, 2017 - Yhovanny Peguero is arrested for assaulting Corinna. He's charged with assault, harassment, and criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation. A judge issues a six-month order of protection against Peguero. The order states he is not allowed to have any communication with Corinna, including over phone, text, email, or social media, or he could face up to 7 years in prison. Peguero posts $1,000 bail and is released from jail.
  • A few days later - Sabina receives a copy of the order of protection at her home in Bloomsburg. She calls Corinna who tells her mother that everything is fine - that a man robbed her, but she is OK now and the man is in jail.
  • Early September 2017 - Corinna meets Ishi Woney, a 21-year-old aspiring rapper, who is later arrested on sex trafficking charges for prostituting Corinna and another woman.
  • September 3, 2017 - Corinna reaches out to Yhovanny Peguero over Facebook Messenger. She writes, "How are you, are you ok?"
  • September 7, 2017 - Peguero responds to Corinna over Facebook messenger in violation of the order of protection. He writes, "Hi how are u. Are u alright? And I miss u still."
  • September 7, 2017 - Corinna tweets about getting her first apartment in New York in Jerome Park in the Bronx. She writes with pictures of the apartment, "Never been more happier in my life. Forever dream accomplished."
  • September 8, 2017 - The last time Corinna updates her profile pictures on Facebook and Instagram. She writes, "Cheers to pumpkin spice and fall fashion in my new home."
  • September 10, 2017 - Corinna posts her last post on social media. She posted a picture of someone smoking what appears to be marijuana. She writes, "Cyphin mid day mid road is always good for the soul." It's unclear if it is Corinna in the picture. The identity of the person in the picture has never been confirmed. The location of the Instagram post is the Bronx.
  • September 10 - 20, 2017 - Ishi Woney and Corinna exchange 806 text messages.
  • September 11, 2017 - Corinna's aunt sends Corinna several text messages trying to check in with her after hearing that Corinna was assaulted. "I just found out what had been going on with my favorite niece," she wrote. "Going on? Not much is goin on what you mean," Corinna responded. The aunt asks Corinna about the man who hurt her. Corinna said her aunt shouldn't worry because he's in jail, which is a lie because Corinna had been communicating with Peguero over Facebook Messenger. "Well that won't happen again," Corinna texted her aunt.
  • September 16, 2017 (11:27 PM) - Ishi Woney sends a picture to Corinna over Facebook Messenger of himself, Corinna and another woman. The other woman would later be identified as one of Woney's sex trafficking victims. She was also advertised with Corinna as a "two girl special."
  • September 20, 2017 - The last day Corinna is seen. According to police, someone reported seeing Corinna leaving the Haven Motel on Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens early in the morning. Prosecutors believe Ishi Woney was with Corinna at the motel that morning. Police told Corinna's mother that the Haven Motel had no working surveillance cameras.
  • September 20, 2017 (around 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM) - Corinna calls her mother and says she wants to come home. Sabina tells her that she is going to her father's funeral in Florida and they will talk when she gets back. Corinna says she will try to take a train to Florida for her grandfather's funeral. She tells Sabina she is unable to fly because someone stole her driver's license and Social Security card.
  • September 20, 2017 (7:04 PM) - Corinna sends a Facebook message to Yhovanny Peguero asking to come see him. She wrote, "please let me come if not I could be locked up." She said a man left her at a motel "with no money and food."
  • September 20, 2017 (10:34 PM) - Yhovanny Peguero tries to call Corinna over Facebook. She doesn't pick up. This is the last Facebook interaction between Corinna and Peguero. We do not know if the two ever met up.
  • September 20, 2017 (5:40 AM) - Corinna leaves Kayleigh a mysterious voicemail and sounds frantic.
  • September 24, 2017 - Sabina leaves Pennsylvania to Florida for her father's funeral.
  • September 24, 2017 (10:48 AM) - Ishi Woney attempts to call Corinna over Facebook. She does not answer.
  • Late September 2017 - Sabina is trying to reach Corinna. Her phone is going straight to voicemail. Corinna is not responding to any text messages.
  • October 1, 2017 - Sabina returns to Bloomsburg. She gets in touch with Corinna's friends who say they have not heard from Corinna.
  • October 2 or 3, 2017 - Sabina files a missing persons report with the Montour Township Police Department in Bloomsburg, PA. A subsequent investigative report shows that Montour Township Police spoke with the Manhattan District Attorney's Office about Corinna's case and the order of protection she had against Yhovanny Peguero. According to the Montour Township report, the Manhattan DA's Office told them "given Peguero's background there is a concern that he may be holding Slusser against her will and prostituting her out for money."
  • October 19, 2017 - The NYPD emails Corinna telling her that "your family has reported you missing" and they want to know "if you are okay". Corinna never responds.
  • October 29, 2017 (6:31 PM) - Ishi Woney messages Corinna over Facebook. He says, "Hey I miss you. Can u just hit me up and let me know u ok."
  • Early November 2017 - Sabina takes Corinna's story to the media and her story goes viral on TikTok.
  • November 3, 2017 - Two NYPD officers interview a woman and Ishi Woney at a hotel in New Jersey about the disappearance of Corinna. We do not know what they told the police because the police will not release their investigative records on Corinna's case to "Missing" because Corinna is considered a victim of a sex offense. The NYPD would not do an interview with "Missing" to discuss Corinna's case. They said in a statement, "We are unable to accommodate the request for an interview. The investigation remains ongoing."
  • November 9, 2017 - A former detective in the Grand Prairie Police Department in Texas says he received a Crime Stoppers tip from the NYPD that Corinna may be in Grand Prairie being held captive.
  • April 2018 - Someone tries to extort Sabina for $7,500 saying that they had Corinna and were holding her captive. Sabina tries to wire money to them, but the money doesn't go through. The person said to meet them with the money in the parking lot of a women's hospital in Greensboro, NC. The NYPD advises Sabina that it could be a scam. Sabina almost goes but decides against it. She said the next day the person messaged her saying, "Remember this day though April 17, Tuesday 2018. Because it's the day you almost got her."
  • Spring 2018 - Sabina receives an anonymous letter in the mail to her home in Bloomsburg. The man only identifies himself as "Carlos C." He said he believes he saw Corinna on September 26, 2017, around 8:30 p.m. near 67th Road in Queens. He said the woman was chasing after his friend and was shouting that she was going to "sue him." The man identifies his friend by first and last name in the letter. He said he tried texting his friend after that night, but his friend never responded. "Missing" attempted to contact the man's friend, but could not find any working contact information for him.
  • Spring 2018 - The FBI becomes involved in the investigation. The FBI raids Corinna's room in Bloomsburg. They take some of her personal items and get a DNA sample from Sabina in case they find Corinna's body or other evidence of what may have happened to her. The FBI tells Sabina that Corinna's phone was last pinged in Jamaica, Queens.
  • February 26, 2018 - Police arrest Ishi Woney at a hotel in New Jersey for possession of drugs and for allegedly assaulting the woman who is pictured in the photo Woney sent to Corinna over Facebook messenger on September 16, 2017.
  • May 2018 - Yhovanny Peguero and Marcus McWright are charged with promoting prostitution in Manhattan. The Manhattan DA will not tell "Missing" who the prostitution charges involve, but according to court documents Peguero and McWright between June 7, 2017, and October 13, 2017 "knowingly advanced and profited from prostitution by managing, supervising, controlling and owning, either alone or in association with others, a house of prostitution and a prostitution business and enterprise involving prostitution activity by two or more persons for prostitution." Sabina said investigators told her that McWright posted online sex advertisements for Corinna.
  • October 31, 2018 - Ishi Woney is arrested on federal charges for sex trafficking Corinna and the woman pictured in the Facebook photo that Woney sent to Corinna on September 16, 2017. FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge William F. Sweeney Jr. said in a press release, "As alleged, Woney compelled his victim to engage in prostitution through force and coercion, and he used both this victim and Corinna Slusser, who has been missing since September 2017, in online advertisements promoting prostitution."
  • November 28, 2018 - Ishi Woney is sentenced to 15 years in federal prison. During the sentencing, Sabina pleaded with Ishi to tell her where Corinna is. Sabina tells "Missing" that Ishi stood up in the courtroom, turned around and looked at Sabina, and said, "I don't know where your daughter is. I don't know if she's dead or alive. But I'm praying that she is." Ishi Woney is serving out his sentence at Terre Haute federal prison in Indiana. He is expected to be released on November 28, 2031.
  • Winter 2019 - Sabina sends a letter to the White House and President Donald Trump expressing her frustration with the FBI in New York who she says is not responding to her calls and emails.
  • February 14, 2019 - Sabina receives a response from the White House regarding her email. The letter stated, "White House staff reviewed your correspondence and forwarded it to the appropriate Federal agency for further action." Sabina said FBI officers in New York subsequently reached out to her and apologized for not returning her messages. Missing requested an on-camera interview with the FBI in New York to discuss Corinna's case, but they said, "We don't have a comment."
  • Spring 2019 - Sabina buys a phone and connects it to Corinna's phone number. All of Corinna's photos, apps, calendar reminders, and emails load on the phone, but not her text messages or her call log. They are completely gone. The FBI asks if they can have the phone. Sabina turns it over. Sabina says the FBI gave the phone back to her two months later. Sabina says they didn't tell her anything about what they may have found on the phone.
  • January 15, 2020 (11:18 AM) - Sabina confronts Yhovanny Peguero at one of his court hearings in Manhattan. Peguero tells Sabina that he thinks Corinna is alive and that she's "exploring" New York City. He tells Sabina that he never attacked Corinna at the Harlem Vista Hotel.
  • February 21, 2020 - Marcus McWright, of Forest Hills, Queens, is convicted of promoting prostitution. He is released from prison one month later on March 26, 2020. "Missing" believes he was released early due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the City of New York's attempt to clear the prisons.
  • June 4, 2021 (9:51 PM) - An NYPD officer arrests Yhovanny Peguero near Times Square. The officer said he spotted Peguero selling crack cocaine. The officer searched Peguero and said he found in Peguero's pocket several plastic bags filled with crack cocaine as well as a rock of crack cocaine. A judge remands Peguero without bail.
  • October 25, 2021 - Yhovanny Peguero is sentenced to 2-5 years in the New York State prison system on the drug and prostitution charges. He is housed at Bare Hill Correctional Facility in Malone, New York. He could be released as early as October 2, 2023.
  • November 13, 2021 - Corinna's social media accounts shows activity. Sabina said that she has not used Corinna's accounts, so does someone have access to her accounts, or is Corinna active on social media herself?
This time line is very helpful. It sounds like LE has not been very forthcoming about their findings. They also gave the phone back to Sabina so quickly. I’m wondering if rather than searching through all of her apps, they just pulled the passwords or copied everything to one of their devices and the activity seen in November of 21 was maybe from investigators? I know one was a search for her mom, but who’s to say they were not looking through one of Corinna’s earlier searches and accidentally tapped it again? Just a thought, aside from LE or a hacker I can’t think of anything else that would explain it. Of course it could be Corinna herself, but I have a hard time thinking that she has the means to communicate but is choosing not too.

The clip of Peguero speaking to Corinna’s mom is nauseating. He’s a coward who’ll never tell the truth, has no respect for himself or others, and has no idea what it means to be a good human or to do an honest day’s work.
I agree. The lack of emotion in his voice, he was obviously trying to play her and has no care for Corinna what-so-ever. I would be very surprised if he wasn’t responsible for her disappearance.

Warning - this post is graphic in nature and could be upsetting.

Corinna’s large tattoo is worrisome because I think back to the Long Island Serial Killer case and how the killer tried to render Jessica Taylor’s tattoo unreadable. If you’re familiar with the LISK case, then you know that Jessica’s tattoo was on her lower back, a spot not easily obliterated or removed. Jessica was found only a few days post-mortem - and not in a state of advanced decomposition - and though her tattoo had been mutilated, it was legible when pushed together and is what ultimately led to her being identified.

My fear is that a killer wanting to dispose of a body with a large tattoo would either do the same as what happened to Jessica or burn the remains. My apologies for nature of this post as I sincerely hope this is not what has happened to Corinna.

My fear is that a killer wanting to dispose of a body with a large tattoo would either do the same as what happened to Jessica or burn the remains.
I can’t help but wonder how one would dispose of a body in NYC. I would think for most, there would be little privacy to discreetly transport it from the scene and on where to go to dispose of it? A dumpster?

I can’t help but wonder how one would dispose of a body in NYC. I would think for most, there would be little privacy to discreetly transport it from the scene and on where to go to dispose of it? A dumpster?
Shopping cart, rolling suitcase, dumpster and many trips with small shopping bags, speculation, imo from what i have read in other reports regarding body disposal in NY.

It is an island, surrounded by water. If one isn't inclined to dispose of remains in one of the bodies of water around NYC, there is an unending list of alternative dump sites. Transporting a body from here to there isn't all that difficult, either -- I've read accounts where bodies were moved in every manner from rolled up in a carpet to dismembered and bagged. With such a large population, not much stands out as odd in NYC because if you live there, you've seen it all and are unfazed by any of it.

Shopping cart, rolling suitcase, dumpster and many trips with small shopping bags, speculation, imo from what i have read in other reports regarding body disposal in NY.
It is an island, surrounded by water. If one isn't inclined to dispose of remains in one of the bodies of water around NYC, there is an unending list of alternative dump sites. Transporting a body from here to there isn't all that difficult, either -- I've read accounts where bodies were moved in every manner from rolled up in a carpet to dismembered and bagged. With such a large population, not much stands out as odd in NYC because if you live there, you've seen it all and are unfazed by any of it.

Dumpsters or the water would be my best guess too.
Even in small towns, dumpsters aren't usually checked before whatever stuff in there is emptied out, crushed, and dumped on top of tons of other dumpster contents.
Or if you have a car, just go to the water...
I hate to think this happened to Corinna. Or anyone =(
I also wonder how thoroughly LE searched Peguero's apartment. If they did at all. ?

In addition to bodies of water, there’s surprisingly ample green space in parts of Queens and along the belt parkway from the JFK airport area to the Verrazano and through Brooklyn heading into Manhattan.

As baffling as this case is, I don’t necessarily get the feeling that Corinna is no longer with us. I’m big on gut instinct and I just don’t have that feeling in this instance. Yes, I have considered the worst scenarios, but my gut says keep looking. I’m no psychic, and I don’t have a personal connection to Corinna, but my gut says let’s keep looking.

CS is a very pretty young woman and valuable to those who would control her life, maybe she has been moved around getting someone else rich, imo, speculation,
In addition to bodies of water, there’s surprisingly ample green space in parts of Queens and along the belt parkway from the JFK airport area to the Verrazano and through Brooklyn heading into Manhattan.

As baffling as this case is, I don’t necessarily get the feeling that Corinna is no longer with us. I’m big on gut instinct and I just don’t have that feeling in this instance. Yes, I have considered the worst scenarios, but my gut says keep looking. I’m no psychic, and I don’t have a personal connection to Corinna, but my gut says let’s keep looking.
1675128104092.png

Swamp between rosedale to 5 towns by JFK in queens is a perfect spot. I think about that dump site everytime I drive down that snake road.
I found this through Google; is it in close proximity?

''FULL EPISODE: Kristin Thorne examines the disappearance of Corinna Paige Slusser, who went from small-town Pennsylvania cheerleader to sex-trafficked "hostage" in New York City, where she vanished in 2017.''
October 24, 2022

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member