Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto on what @anneg said!

@BetteDavisEyes -
Happy Birthday Glitters Smiley

Thank you. Tomorrow is my birthday, and we fly to Fort Lauderdale for a 10-night cruise on Saturday. We will wear masks on our flights and in crowded areas of the ship. I've packed masks, surgical gloves, hand sanitizer, and Clorox wipes. We will do our best to avoid passengers who are coughing, sneezing, runny noses, etc. We're not planning shore excursions in crowded vehicles. We've visited the ports previously and will likely not disembark on some islands. I have not seen any reports about Covid on the Enchanted Princess; hopefully, the ship will be safe from the virus. Bon Voyage!
Happy Birthday and safe travels.

JAN 28, 2023
The Butte man was sentenced in March 2022 for violating his probation for his 2015 and 2017 convictions for stealing from two people. He had been given suspended sentences for both crimes, but he never paid restitution.

The man missed a December 2021 court hearing over those criminal cases and told the judge he had COVID-19. The next week he supplied a document from a Missoula clinic saying he had been diagnosed with the respiratory virus — a medical record prosecutors later learned had been forged, The Montana Standard reported.

The 10-year sentence he received Wednesday was for fabricating physical evidence.

Greetings from the Enchanted Princess somewhere in the Caribbean on our way to St. Thomas. To the best of my knowledge, there is no illness onboard, and there aren't any special Covid restrictions. When we arrived in our stateroom on Saturday, there was a special health advisory from the ship's medical staff. While not required, masks are encouraged in crowded areas of the ship. Passengers who don't have masks can request them from their stateroom steward. DH and I did not go ashore yesterday for a beach day in the Bahamas, but masks were required on the pontoon shuttle to and from the island. Very few masks in airport terminal in Detroit or upon landing in Fort Lauderdale. No masks in the hotel. We wore masks on our flight from DTW to FLL but were in the minority. We are doing our best to avoid crowded venues on the ship.

We arrived in Barbados about an hour ago with disembarkation starting a half hour later. Disembarking passengers are encouraged to wear masks on shuttles to the terminal. The announcement also suggested carrying proof-of-Covid vaccination cards because some venues might require them. DH and I brought our Covid shot card with us, but I kind of doubt that many people thought to do that unless it was specifically required for a tour. We've been to Barbados previously and are not getting off the ship.

We arrived in Barbados about an hour ago with disembarkation starting a half hour later. Disembarking passengers are encouraged to wear masks on shuttles to the terminal. The announcement also suggested carrying proof-of-Covid vaccination cards because some venues might require them. DH and I brought our Covid shot card with us, but I kind of doubt that many people thought to do that unless it was specifically required for a tour. We've been to Barbados previously and are not getting off the ship.

Thanks so much for your reports @BetteDavisEyes. I’ve only been on one cruise, to the Mexican “Riviera,” and we got off at every stop. But I also would have loved to just stay on board and enjoy the ship and activities there. So it’s neat that you’ve been on enough cruises to the same places that you can treat the cruise like visiting an all-inclusive resort.

"The US Postal Service may have shared the private information of up to 68 million households with labor unions – and is now trying to hide it, a lawsuit claims.

Tens of millions of Americans received sets of four free Covid-19 tests in the mail by filling out a form on the USPS website with their full name, email and postal address.

The program, authorized by the Biden Administration, was lauded for improving access to rapid coronavirus tests.

By March 2022, USPS said it delivered over 270 million tests to more than 68 million households."

Greetings from somewhere in the Caribbean bound for Fort Lauderdale. This is a sea day and final night of the voyage. It is dark, foggy, and pouring rain. Captain advised pax to stay indoors and not use outside decks or pools. Cruise staff is scrambling to offer more indoor activities, so public areas will be very crowded.

On our past Princess cruises, there is always a culinary demonstration on the last day (or last sea day) that has been followed by a galley tour. Due to Covid, the galley tour is no longer offered. Also, yesterday there was the usual backstage tour of the Princess Theatre. As with the galley tour in the past, closed-toe footwear is required for safety, and masks were required, as well. Pax who didn't have their own masks could request one upon arrival at the event.

Thankfully, there has not been illness onboard, and DH and I will wear masks during our flight back to Detroit tomorrow.

Greetings from somewhere in the Caribbean bound for Fort Lauderdale. This is a sea day and final night of the voyage. It is dark, foggy, and pouring rain. Captain advised pax to stay indoors and not use outside decks or pools. Cruise staff is scrambling to offer more indoor activities, so public areas will be very crowded.

On our past Princess cruises, there is always a culinary demonstration on the last day (or last sea day) that has been followed by a galley tour. Due to Covid, the galley tour is no longer offered. Also, yesterday there was the usual backstage tour of the Princess Theatre. As with the galley tour in the past, closed-toe footwear is required for safety, and masks were required, as well. Pax who didn't have their own masks could request one upon arrival at the event.

Thankfully, there has not been illness onboard, and DH and I will wear masks during our flight back to Detroit tomorrow.
It's too bad about the rainy weather on your last full day of the cruise, but good news about no illness aboard!

I was just going to ask how your cruise is going! Already the last day?! The was a quick cruise! Seems you two are enjoying it though. And good to know that no illness onboard!
:)

A little humor never hurts :)

Well, we are both triple vaxxed, and we both got Covid. I felt like I was dying the first day, hot, cold, freezing, roasting, coughing, sneezing, pounding headache. I didn't get the meds, but my husband is 82, when he tested positive we went to the VA Emergency room, and he was given a bunch of tests and Paxlovid.

He is fine, I am still exhausted. We don't feel like eating, basically just soup or crackers, applesauce for the last week or so. But, we are surviving.

Well, we are both triple vaxxed, and we both got Covid. I felt like I was dying the first day, hot, cold, freezing, roasting, coughing, sneezing, pounding headache. I didn't get the meds, but my husband is 82, when he tested positive we went to the VA Emergency room, and he was given a bunch of tests and Paxlovid.

He is fine, I am still exhausted. We don't feel like eating, basically just soup or crackers, applesauce for the last week or so. But, we are surviving.
Sorry to hear you got the nasty virus-- good that your husband went to the ER and got Paxlovid- it really is a good drug though I wonder if I would be able to tolerate the metallic taste. You both need to rest-- get well soon

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill and I hope you'll feel much better soon. It's good that your husband got Paxlovid and is doing well. Did you have the bivalent vaccine as your third vaccination?

A little humor never hurts :)

Seeing your post about humor made me think of this one. On a game app I play, there are dreaded ads one is forced to watch, and one that has been playing repeatedly lately is this one. I guess it’s from the California Dept of Public Health.

It’s given me an ‘earworm‘, where the jingle is living in my head! Grrr. Such a silly ad. But, since it’s in my head now, it did its job! :p

Sending you and your husband best wishes for a quick recovery. It's scary, so glad you have all the shots and the ER was so responsive to your husband. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa