TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

Personal in the manner of these officers had prior interaction with TN or because it became personal to them because they think he disrespected their commands?
I don’t have enough factual information to determine that. It could be either.

Bbm.
Yes ; "They" as in the Memphis six, imo.

I don't want to make a blanket statement about all of LE, so I'll consider Tyre's killers to be of that persuasion, but not everyone employed in that specific police dept.
I have to wonder if anyone else will come forward, who has survived a similar treatment from this bunch in the past ?
Hmmm ....
M00.

Yes. “They” (the 5 or 6 or now 7 for the time being) were the subject in the post I responded to.

I know why no one "sees" anything or "says" anything. Whistle-blowers are not heralded as "people who saw something wrong and said something". Instead, 99.9% of the time, they are bullied, tormented, isolated and generally terminated for some byzantine reason.

It is unfortunately best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. Or say something, and destroy your career, lose your friends, and in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Truth.
No. It is not best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. No, never. It does matter and it will always matter.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

MOO

<modsnip - rude> I believe the experience of the people who deal with encounters like this.
It's why people are trying so hard to inact change. People just like Tyre are not looked at as human, just objects to be dealt with. In my opinion, its a perspective and culture that dehumanizes some people.

I have family that is LE and we dont talk anymore because of their open and unabashed perspective of some of the people they are supposed to protect.

<modsnip - no link>

I really hate seeing this happen so much. RIP Tyre, you did not deserve this.

Sorry didnt have link. Adding link.
FBI has warned of people infiltrating Law Enforcement

I know why no one "sees" anything or "says" anything. Whistle-blowers are not heralded as "people who saw something wrong and said something". Instead, 99.9% of the time, they are bullied, tormented, isolated and generally terminated for some byzantine reason.

It is unfortunately best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. Or say something, and destroy your career, lose your friends, and in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Truth.
IMO this doesnt work when it comes to law enforcement, medical professionals and firefighters.
Thats a whole different thing. People's lives are on the line.

No. It is not best to just focus on your own work, see nothing, say nothing. No, never. It does matter and it will always matter.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

MOO

I agree with you. That said, in policing (having family who are police) if you call things out or whistleblow then you might be on your own when your life is on the line. Very difficult situation for anyone who wants to be safe and come home. JMHO.

I am relieved that more and more of these people are falling-- getting fired and possibly facing criminal charges. It is unfortunate that the first on the scene created a narrative of an out of control young man and no one was able/determined to challenge that even when he needed medical care. My heart breaks with all that is coming to light here. I want them all held to account. RIP Mr. Nichols.

I watched the beginning, (passed on the assault) and watched the end. That alone is enough to see the venom coming from these guys. They stand around proudly as if to say ‘we showed Tyre he is not to mess with us’.

What’s up with all the cursing?

All of that exaggerating and chest thumping is some kind of a 'bro' bonding ritual, usually confined to males, females have their own chapter. They used to call it "talking smack", but it's it's pretty pervasive among LEO's. Check out some of the body language videos on Youtube. Then watch this video again, see the cops strutting around, justifying everything they did, and you won't really need to hear the audio. This is gang behavior.

Also notice, where are the neighbors with their cameras? It was only 8:30 pm according to the body cams, and there had to be a dozen cars with lights flashing sitting there at the corner, with shouting and noise... Nobody came out to see what the heck? Anyone have additional info, because I'm baffled.

I agree with you. That said, in policing (having family who are police) if you call things out or whistleblow then you might be on your own when your life is on the line. Very difficult situation for anyone who wants to be safe and come home. JMHO.

I am relieved that more and more of these people are falling-- getting fired and possibly facing criminal charges. It is unfortunate that the first on the scene created a narrative of an out of control young man and no one was able/determined to challenge that even when he needed medical care. My heart breaks with all that is coming to light here. I want them all held to account. RIP Mr. Nichols.
I agree and hope and pray each and every person that played a part in Tyre's horrific death falls and falls hard.

That being said, if being a police officer means not calling out deadly behavior so that when their life is on the line they aren't alone, then maybe don't be a police officer. MOO

DM reporting broken bones and broken neck, with firing of three fire personnel.

"...The ambulance arrives at 9pm and Nichols is stretchered away. He will die in hospital three days later with a broken neck and multiple broken bones. ..."

When there are many Alphas around controlling a space, I think that a lot of people can't help but fall "in line" (perceived) and just follow their lead. Humans have some terrible mob mentality personality traits...which, in this case, led to someones murder.
Anyone who didn't intervene (everyone who showed up and just..stood around chatting?) should be charged with varying degrees of neglect or complicity
absolutely disgusting, feral, vile. LIKE 15 ADULTS MILLING AROUND, what does it take?
MOO
Well said, sir.

"...The ambulance arrives at 9pm and Nichols is stretchered away. He will die in hospital three days later with a broken neck and multiple broken bones. ..."
bbm
And they pulled him up to a sitting position by the squad car, after receiving those injuries !
:mad:
Smdh.

BBM Weirdly sounds like gang culture, doesnt it? IMHO

bbm
And they pulled him up to a sitting position by the squad car, after receiving those injuries !
:mad:
Smdh.

By the time they beat him to a pulp, he was no longer human to them so they could put him in any position they chose. They were not worried about his injuries getting worse in that position. He was totally and utterly dehumanized by these <modsnip> ( ADA police officers).

Last edited by a moderator:

In one interview, the mother says that her son’s nose was shaped like an “S”, his neck was busted and there was a huge dent in his forehead.
That’s all visible in the hospital picture that his dad took.

And another one...

What I gather from this article is that “relieved of duty” translates to suspended pending further investigation… Not fired, right? Is that your understanding, also?

Last edited:
Oh dear Lord. So the initial medical call was from LE, not for TN, for themselves, because they peppered sprayed themselves?
No, the call was made by LE requesting assistance for a suspect who they claim they had to pepper spray… LE didn’t give them the real details or truth about the extent of TN’s injuries. They lied by omission, big time. MOO, they only called for medical assistance for TN as a CYA thing. Probably after they noticed the sky cam, and then of course that’s when we hear all of them trying to justify what they had done… talking about how he went for one of their guns, that he was high or on something, etc. Despicable. MOO.

Although I should note, this pack of idiots did pepper spray themselves and each other, more than once, over the course of both confrontations.

Last edited:
All of that exaggerating and chest thumping is some kind of a 'bro' bonding ritual, usually confined to males, females have their own chapter. They used to call it "talking smack", but it's it's pretty pervasive among LEO's. Check out some of the body language videos on Youtube. Then watch this video again, see the cops strutting around, justifying everything they did, and you won't really need to hear the audio. This is gang behavior.

Also notice, where are the neighbors with their cameras? It was only 8:30 pm according to the body cams, and there had to be a dozen cars with lights flashing sitting there at the corner, with shouting and noise... Nobody came out to see what the heck? Anyone have additional info, because I'm baffled.
Well, one possibility could be that the neighbors are far too scared to say anything… And if that is the situation, I find that so sad… no one should have to live in fear like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back