SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

1/26/23

(NewsNation) — Alex Murdaugh claims Curtis "Cousin Eddie" Smith is responsible for the death of his wife and son.

The attorney representing Smith, however, believes her client will be a star witness in Murdaugh's trial and that as a result, Smith's name will be cleared.

"I believe that when he (Murdaugh) lured Eddie out to the side of the road, he was gonna kill him and blame this whole thing on him ... I firmly believe that was what was gonna happen," Aimee Zmroczek said Monday during an appearance on "Banfield."

[..]

Zmroczek assured "Banfield" on Monday that Smith will be "telling the truth." She also confirmed that there haven't been any conversations about a plea deal regarding Smith.

"The basic story has not changed and that honest truth will be told when Eddie is sworn under oath to tell the truth," Zmroczek said.
WOW! Gonna be a showdown...at the least Cousin E has guilty knowledge of the murders...at the most, who knows.

I heard "I", it perked my ears up and apparantly so did at least one of the investigators in that car with AM.

"The piece of audio that garnered the most scrutiny Monday was Murdaugh described the scene that he saw when he claims to have returned to Moselle later that evening, before dialing 911.

“It’s just so bad,” he said. “I did him so bad.”

The audio is unclear, and some have heard “they did him so bad.”

Waters asked Croft to clarify what he heard on the recording.

“When you asked the defendant about the traumatic picture that he saw of Paul and Maggie, what did he say?” Waters said.

“‘It’s just so bad, I did him so bad,’” Croft testified.

On the recording, investigators did not follow up with a question about that statement, and defense attorneys Monday did not object to Croft’s interpretation."

8/9/2021

Two months after his death, charges have been officially dismissed against Paul Murdaugh in connection with a fatal 2019 boat crash in Beaufort County.

[..]

Murdaugh was indicted and charged with three felony counts of boating under the influence, including boating under the influence resulting in death, which carries a penalty of up to 25 years in prison by South Carolina law. He had pleaded not guilty to all charges and was waiting a trial date at the time of his homicide.

[..]

"It was really just a formality," said Kittle. "We were waiting on a copy of the death certificate, and some other bureaucratic red tape."

Kittle added that the investigation into the fatal boat crash remains open, however.

1675155227411.png

I didn't expect to see the same faces at the defense table with AM also anchoring PM when he made his first appearance. JMO

PM was facing 3 felonies and up to 25 yrs in prison.

I wonder if AM believed he was doing PM and his family a favor by killing him and sparing him jail time and a record as a convicted felon -- prohibiting him from possessing a weapon. He'd no longer be able to ride around the property and shoot pigs. with a .300 blackout.

Who is Blanca and where is she? I don't see the name Blanca on the witness list. That could be a nickname and her name could be something else and she may be on the witness list FAIK. I recall hearing a jail conversation recording between Alex and Buster where it was said by Buster that Blanca had boxed everything up and taken some of Maggie's clothes to sell and that he couldn't find anything and Alex told him to tell Blanca she had to clear that with him(Buster). He(Alex) also said IRRC that Blanca was just trying to help. I would think that she could clear up the dinner question from that fateful night.
jmo
Blanca Turrubiate-Simpson is #75 on the witness list. Read full list of people who may testify in Murdaugh murder trial

I think, in my mind, it's a question of angle in PM's shooting. It was done, both shots, very up close and personal. AM is a much bigger person than he's son was in height. Excuse the need for more graphic talk...If PM's face was as intact like has been spoken about at trial and his shoulder neck area was where the weapon was discharged, that second shot would have had to be at an upward angle. Considering the difference in stature of PM and AM, wouldn't AM need to have been lower than his normal standing height?

I think there must have been a struggle for the gun with PM possibly grasping the barrel and yanking it. Could this have caused AM to maybe go down on one knee?

I still can't figure those two right side-ejecting shotgun shells winding up behind the door yet PM is almost all outside with only his feet on the door's threshold, lying face down with his arms underneath his body.

AJMO
Up close and personal for sure and moment of struggle is on the table trying to grab, deflect the barrel away from himself. When cornered in a small room the there is no option of flight or fight.

PM was facing 3 felonies and up to 25 yrs in prison.

I wonder if AM believed he was doing PM and his family a favor by killing him and sparing him jail time and a record as a convicted felon -- prohibiting him from possessing a weapon. He'd no longer be able to ride around the property and shoot pigs. with a .300 blackout.
Scary thought your family becomes your judge and jury and the only option on the table is the death penalty and you don't even get a head's up on the execution date, yikes!.

I find this exchange very interesting.

"But when approached by DailyMail.com at the home he shares with long-term girlfriend [BW], also 26, in South Carolina's Hilton Head Island, this week Murdaugh's sole surviving heir gave the first glimpse into his mindset.

Responding emotionally to DailyMail.com's enquiry, 'Presumably you're supporting your father?' he replied, 'You have no right to presume anything.'

And he was adamant as he said, 'I don't want to see it written anywhere that I'm supporting my father.'

Asked if he wished to make any other statement regarding his father's innocence or guilt he said simply, 'I have no interest in saying anything. I have no comment,' before politely returning indoors."

Like he's leaving one foot in the door to slip out when things get heavy.

The state also played video footage of Murdaugh during a June 10, 2021, follow-up interview with SLED - the second time that Murdaugh spoke to state police after the killings. The interview was conducted inside a vehicle at a hunting lodge owned by his brother, John Marvin Murdaugh.

I find this exchange very interesting.

"But when approached by DailyMail.com at the home he shares with long-term girlfriend [BW], also 26, in South Carolina's Hilton Head Island, this week Murdaugh's sole surviving heir gave the first glimpse into his mindset.

Responding emotionally to DailyMail.com's enquiry, 'Presumably you're supporting your father?' he replied, 'You have no right to presume anything.'

And he was adamant as he said, 'I don't want to see it written anywhere that I'm supporting my father.'

Asked if he wished to make any other statement regarding his father's innocence or guilt he said simply, 'I have no interest in saying anything. I have no comment,' before politely returning indoors."

Assuming he has no involvement in the heavy accumulation of dead bodies surrounding the Murdaugh name, I feel bad for him. He didn’t ask to be thrust in the spotlight, he lost his mom and brother, and judging from the prison tapes, his dad is a tonedeaf a-hole who doesn’t really care about his wishes.

Still, it’s the only parent he has left. Anyone who has conflicting feelings about the one parent they have left can understand the maelstrom of emotions that come with that.

I wonder if he’s listening as much as the jury is and weighing the evidence to find his own truth. Regardless, I hope he’s got a good network to rely on and a skilled counselor to work through all this with because this trial has to be taxing on him.

Edited for grammar/typos

Last edited:
Like he's leaving one foot in the door to slip out when things get heavy.
I can't imagine being in his position. Who among us would easily believe such a thing as your parent willingly killing your other parent and sibling. It's just so tragically unthinkable. BM's recorded conversations with AM in jail sounded very strained on his part, IMO. I think as the evidence/testimonies continue it will be harder and harder for BM to sit there. AJMO

I was looking forward to hearing new testimony today...and then I remembered that the day was going to start with DH cross-examining. I'm not sure I can sit through his nitpicking and rambling distractions as a way to start my morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa