TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

Bbm.
I believe that is correct !

Also, wouldn't the abused person need to press charges in order for there to be a written report with the Memphis PD ?
Imo.
Yep. Imagine reporting abuse to the police department your abuser is a police officer for.

Who knows if that is the issue in this situation but given the statistics and what we all witnessed, I would not be the least bit surprised to hear such things.

One officer forgot to check the backseat of his police vehicle and missed a gun.

Makes you wonder how often cops “miss” guns that get forgotten in their cop car.

Seriously, who on earth leaves their gun behind in a police car?!

Agreed...and, apparently he did not go to the second scene where the rest of the crime took place. And, I had read that "Hemphill’s attorney Lee Gerald, sent FOX13 the following statement.

“I can confirm that I represent Memphis Police Officer Preston Hemphill who was the third officer at the initial stop of Mr. Nichols. Video One is his bodycam footage. As per departmental regulations Officer Hemphill activated his bodycam. He was never present at the second scene. He is cooperating with officials in this investigation.” Another Memphis Police officer involved in Tyre Nichols confrontation relieved of duty

Since he is cooperating, he must be getting some preferential treatment (IMHO) even though, he tased Mr. Nichols AND wanted them to stomp him......

The whole situation is disgusting. If any one on that scene helped that murder to happen they should be charged accordingly. If a person is a party to a crime (at least that is what we often hear from LE) then they should be held responsible just like the doer of the crime. Charge them all from my perspective as they allowed this man to be slaughtered for no reason at all.

I think it depends on whether the whole situation was a personal setup, or not.

If it was personal, then the whole group involved in the traffic stop must have known. This automatically should raise the charges for the five ex-cops to "conspiracy" and "premeditated", but Hemphill and the other officer should be charged, too, although not with murder. If you look like a Boy Scout but run with the thugs who play cruel games, that makes you a -in-training, IMHO.

If the killing of Tyre was not premeditated, but just an example of "this is how Memphis cops treat innocent citizens", then Hemphill is guilty only of "unlawful traffic stop and overusing force", which is not good, but still less.

Last edited:
I'm probably late here, but he's also the one who said he hoped "they stomped his *advertiser censored*" while winding the wires back onto the taser.

This is when the two officers were left at the first scene and one was rinsing pepper spray out of the other's eyes?

The officer that had the spray in his eyes, didn't he say twice "they have him"? Then he got in his patrol car and drove to the second scene. Does anyone recognize this officer at the second scene? I think I do but not positive.

The picture of the first five officers fired, anyone recognize the officer that was limping?

Sure hope we find out the total number of officers that were at the second scene.

CNN —
An initial police report from the hours after the Tyre Nichols traffic stop suggested Nichols was violent, made no mention of the officers punching and kicking him, and made claims contradicted by videos later released by police.

The report also describes one of the officers at the scene – who has since been charged with second-degree murder – as a “victim.”

Just when you think it can't get any worse. And these alleged murderers are out of jail. They commit a crime and file paperwork to cover the crime. I'll never believe they didn't talk about what they were going to put in their report.

The writer of this report stated that Nichols’ mother arrived at the scene and advised first responders that her son “went out with friends” and that “they may have spiked his drink.” We have heard her state repeatedly, she was never at the scene.

The writer of this report stated that Nichols’ mother arrived at the scene and advised first responders that her son “went out with friends” and that “they may have spiked his drink.” We have heard her state repeatedly, she was never at the scene.

Not only not was she not at the scene of the beating, she was lied to by police and prevented from seeing him in the hospital.

His mother RowVaughn Wells told CNN that she received a call from a doctor at St Francis Hospital at 4am on the day he died to say her son’s organs were failing and to come to the hospital immediately.

“He said, ‘why aren’t you here?’ And I said, ‘the police officers said that I couldn’t come, because he was under arrest’,” Ms Wells told the network. “The doctor proceeded to tell me that my son had went into cardiac arrest and that his kidneys were failing.”

Ms Wells told the network that by the time she and her husband arrived, her son was “already gone”.

Inconsistencies? now that is an understatement if I ever heard one: The police report IS A WORK OF FICTION

Since he is cooperating, he must be getting some preferential treatment (IMHO) even though, he tased Mr. Nichols AND wanted them to stomp him......
^^ IMO, I dont necessarily think its preferential treatment, he wasnt at the murder scene and he is cooperating with the investigation. I see this much like a regular (for lack of a better term) crime and a lessor violator basically turns states evidence and tells all they know. MOO having someone tell the actual truth and any background intel of the situation can prove vital to a successful indictment. Im not saying Hemphill should get off scot-free but I think his full cooperation will be important for the prosecution moving forward in the case.
I find it unlikely we won’t see charges for anyone else.
^^ Not me IMO, I think they will be charged, indited and be sent to prison
One officer forgot to check the backseat of his police vehicle and missed a gun.

Makes you wonder how often cops “miss” guns that get forgotten in their cop car.

^^ <modsnip - no source link for info stated as fact> If the officer missed any of that during a pat down and have them detained in the back seat its actually kinda smart to wipe your prints off anything illegal you may have and get it off your person and stuff in the seat fold. Sure its not a guarantee you will get away with it but it certainly offers a chance and offers some speculation for a defense attorney at a trial.
I think it depends on whether the whole situation was a personal setup, or not.

If it was personal, then the whole group involved in the traffic stop must have known. This automatically should raise the charges for the five ex-cops to "conspiracy" and "premeditated", but Hemphill and the other officer should be charged, too, although not with murder. If you look like a Boy Scout but run with the thugs who play cruel games, that makes you a -in-training, IMHO.

If the killing of Tyre was not premeditated, but just an example of "this is how Memphis cops treat innocent citizens", then Hemphill is guilty only of "unlawful traffic stop and overusing force", which is not good, but still less.
^^ Well said, IMO Hemphill needs to be held responsible for his actions at the initial stop but not anything to do with the murder where he was not present. Hopefully he has some "Blue Brotherhood" intel that he will share on the 5 SCORPION officers either past or present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Crump Law, PLLC
https://twitter.com/BenCrumpLaw
@BenCrumpLaw

TIME CHANGE: The funeral for Tyre Nichols has been pushed to 1 pm CT due to inclement weather and travel delays.

@Phil_Lewis_

Tamika Palmer, the mother of Breonna Taylor and Philonise Floyd, the brother of George Floyd will attend Tyre Nichols’s funeral tomorrow in Memphis

https://twitter.com/ahylton26
@ahylton26

Breonna Taylor’s mom, Tamika Palmer, shared that her daughter and Tyre Nichols were born on the exact same day: 6/5/1993.

“He said, ‘why aren’t you here?’ And I said, ‘the police officers said that I couldn’t come, because he was under arrest’,” Ms Wells told the network. “The doctor proceeded to tell me that my son had went into cardiac arrest and that his kidneys were failing.”

Ms Wells told the network that by the time she and her husband arrived, her son was “already gone”.

That is horrific. His poor mother. The lack of humanity in this case is just unfathomable.

This is already known, but a little bit more about the previous infractions of Haley.
  • “In February 2021, Haley was disciplined after failing to complete a required "Response to resistance" form following an incident in which a woman suffered a dislocated shoulder during an arrest. Haley said he assisted other officers in handcuffing the woman and putting her in the back of his squad car. In his administrative hearing, Haley said he was "simply mistaken" as to the "amount of force necessary" required to fill out the form. He received a written reprimand. “
A ticking time bomb, and one wonders how he was accepted to the police unit given prior lawsuit and who kept him on the unit seeing that he was a walking ticking time bomb. He clearly stands out of the group. There is a difference between excessive violence and lack of diligence, for a better word. The first question, does Haley have relatives in MPD, or are they that desperate?

Last edited:
That is horrific. His poor mother. The lack of humanity in this case is just unfathomable.
Ita.

"When that tape comes out tomorrow, it’s going to be horrific. I didn’t see it, but from what I hear it’s going to be horrific," Wells told a crowd that had gathered at the Tobey Skate Park.

"But I want each and every one of you to protest in peace. I don't want us burning up our cities, tearing up the streets because that’s not what my son stood for," she added. "And if you guys are here for me and Tyre,
you will protest peacefully."
emphasis mine.

I think his parent's earlier urge for calm protesting speaks volumes as to their character !
My utmost condolences to all of his family.
I am so sorry.

Last edited:
This is already known, but a little bit more about the previous infractions of Haley.
  • “In February 2021, Haley was disciplined after failing to complete a required "Response to resistance" form following an incident in which a woman suffered a dislocated shoulder during an arrest. Haley said he assisted other officers in handcuffing the woman and putting her in the back of his squad car. In his administrative hearing, Haley said he was "simply mistaken" as to the "amount of force necessary" required to fill out the form. He received a written reprimand. “
A ticking time bomb, and one wonders how he was accepted to the police unit given prior lawsuit and who kept him on the unit seeing that he was a walking ticking time bomb. He clearly stands out of the group. There is a difference between excessive violence and lack of diligence, for a better word. The first question, does Haley have relatives in MPD, or are they that desperate?

IMO “lack of diligence” by any of the parties(animals)involved in what I just watched on the 31 minute pole cam video doesn't begin to explain the carnage I viewed. Evan those late to the party either walked around shining a flashlight in TN's face, and one even bent down to help secure TN's legs while other officers were still involved with him.
<modsnip - Websleuths does not condone or promote violence of any kind> Prison is too good for those sworn to protect.

Last edited by a moderator:

It takes a lot of force to dislocate someone’s shoulder

The last criminal who occupied the back seat who didn’t want to get charged with a gun offense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back