Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And she would probably taken coat and shoes off if going in the water to save the dog
Last year I had to jump into a river to get mine out. He had gone over the edge and being partially sighted was struggling - plus due to flood defences, it was too steep to climb out at that point. I didn't think twice and followed him over the edge - complete with padded jacket and short wellies :rolleyes:

If the phone *was* on the floor, she could have been sat on the bench with the phone on her lap while she listened to the conference call, Willow was doing something (had picked up something he shouldn’t, or was looking like he was going into the water but Nikki didn’t want him to?) that caused Nicola to jump up and dash down the bank, dropping her phone in the process. Then she has stumbled into the water.

Hi. This is my first ever post.
Just wondering how Nicola would normally conduct "Teams" calls. Did she have Airpods for example? I'm assuming the police would ask the same question and may be able to track their last location if it is the case. (No mention of headphones being found at the scene afaik.)

I think it's looking more and more likely that something like this happened. I do reckon she is in the river sadly.
I don't know, don't think there's any current in that water to take you away as such, and I'd presume she could swim, if you fall head first in, and it's deep, there would be nothing to bang your head on. If the dog got in the water, and was in trouble, if it was me, I'd be shouting to the dog and for help, we know there was at least 2 others walking there dogs at the time- correct me if I'm wrong on that

Sky news at 6pm reporting that the phone was ‘on’ the bench not the ground, willow found between bench and river and the police still very much treating this as a missing person enquiry.

Although they did quote NBs parents concerns that ‘someone may have taken her’.

And she would probably taken coat and shoes off if going in the water to save the dog
I’m not sure if you’d rationally have time for that if you felt it was an emergency for your dog tbh. If I felt my dogs were in real trouble in the water I wouldn’t even think about taking my shoes and coat off. I’d just want to get there and help them.

Last edited:
Sky news at 6pm reporting that the phone was ‘on’ the bench not the ground, willow found between bench and river and the police still very much treating this as a missing person enquiry.

Although they did quote NBs parents concerns that ‘someone may have taken her’.
I wonder if the dog was wet when found? How long would it take for the dog to dry out, that's if he did go in the water

Just to clarify. Official confirmation that phone was found on the bench. From the Presser:

Reporter - Where was her mobile phone found?

Police - Mobile phone was found on a bench near the riverbank.

So strange that the people who claim to have found the phone say differently
I can't think of any reason for either party to deliberately lie and it seems odd that the newspaper would get it wrong

I'm stupmed

I also would, have thought her dog would have gone in the water after her if she had fallen and got into trouble and would have been barking/howling, not looking worried. Also would have thought dog would be running in and out of water frantically, I know my spaniel would and if she had been dragged upstream I think her dog would have ran at the side to try and help

Jim wareing , Good spot on NB not getting back to her sister on thursday night friday AM , it isnt that long a time lapse tho and she may have been meaning to answer back after the office calls the morning after (friday morn) or meant to look at the options before confirming back over the weekend. Still unusual if shes the type to at least acknowledge every message with a thumbs up or similar immediately as many are , certainly strengthens the theory some folks on here proposed that the dog and the lead / phone etc were all planted there that morning (I dont believe this though as there does appear to have been a 9.15am sighting and also no red flags to suspect anything like that from earlier that morning / night before, and also kids would have confirmed mummy alive and well till the school drop off time point.

While the conflicting reports about how and where the phone and harness etc were found are confusing, I still think it is more likely than not she has simple fallen in the water, I am sad to say.

If the police thought there was any reason to believe Nicola could have deliberately gone missing, we would have surely have had some manner of appeal directed at her

And if they thought there was a likelihood of third party involvement, you would have thought they would be casting a wider net with regard to asking people to report anything suspicious.

But they aren’t doing either of these things.

Which is upsetting because either of those alternatives offers a small shred of hope, while the more simple explanation that she has fallen in the river does not.
I want to hope for longer.
I want to hope until no hope is left.

Just to clarify. Official confirmation that phone was found on the bench. From the Presser:

Reporter - Where was her mobile phone found?

Police - Mobile phone was found on a bench near the riverbank.

That was two days ago, I think? If so, the police may not yet have been aware of the alternative account given by the witness quoted in this evening's Mirror story.

Jmoo, moe,

Again contradictary reporting - but Willow doesn't look like a (working type) Cocker spaniel. She looks more Springer, however she could be a Sprocker.
It's show type Cocker spaniels who have a thick coat that takes ages to dry. Working type spaniels like Cocker, Springer and Sprocker have a thinner coat. Definitely these working types dry off faster-they have water-wicking coats. However, I'm not sure that found an hourish later she'd actually be dry dry from a dip in a river. Moo. Maybe damp.

Last edited:
"dog was in agitated state but bone dry"

Edited to add correct link.
That gives me hope that she is not in that river.
But for all we know Willow didn't swim, most springers love to swim but every dog is different, this last bit so I don't create false hope just because I can't let go.
edit to correct dog breed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member