Found Deceased MI - Armani Kelly - Montoya Givens - Dante Wicker - Missing After Cancelled Performance @ Lounge 31 - Detroit

Three adults went missing Jan 21 2023 and have not been seen since. Armani Kelly, an aspiring rapper, went missing after his show was canceled along with 2 of his friends.

Resources I have found so far include: Aspiring Rapper and 2 Friends Disappeared After Canceled Detroit Show
From link..ty,
By April Rubin
1675303511733.png
Lounge 31, a venue in Detroit where Armani Kelly was supposed to have performed on Jan. 21. The show was canceled, and he and two friends haven’t been seen since.Credit...Google Maps

''Ms. Perrin said that her fiancé had been making strides since his release from prison in 2022, after serving eight years for armed robbery. He was taking classes at trade school while also looking to pursue connections in the music industry, Ms. Perrin said. The couple had goals of buying a home together soon and were starting to plan their wedding.

“With how many days it’s been, it’s hard to believe he’s still out there alive,’’ Ms. Perrin said. “But I can’t sit here and tell everybody, ‘Oh, I think he’s dead’ because I don’t know, and the world is a crazy place. Until I see a body, I’m not going to believe it.”

''Though Kemp now believes her son is no longer living, she desperately awaits the tip that can lead to his whereabouts.
"Somebody knows somebody who knows something," she told The Detroit News on Tuesday.
Armani Kelly lives in Oscoda and performs as a rapper.

''Kelly, who performed under the alias Marley Whoop, was believed to have picked up Wicker and Givens before the show, according to a poster released by Missing in Michigan.

All three met in prison, Perrin said.

Kelly has long loved to rap, even carrying a notebook filled with rhymes as a teen, and connected with a producer after his release. He performed his first show last year and planned the second in Detroit, a much larger and well-connected market, Perrin said. "He just really wanted his music out and was just trying to promote it."

Last edited:
This does not look like it is going to have a very good outcome, but praying for a miracle.
I grew up in East Detroit, it was not so bad then, but now the area between 7 and 8 mile from Kelly to Gratiot was and still is known as the "Red Zone" or one of the "No Go Zones" run mostly by the Seven Mile Hoods, known for many rap fueds. Below is one article that talks about a major bust there in 2019, but all you have to do is google (SMH) Seven Mile Hoods and you will see what I am talking about.

Death by Instagram: Go inside the gang wars of Detroit's Red Zone

There's a quick view of a few words on Search Warrant visible at :43 secs FWIW
ETA: His mom breaks my heart!!!
ETA2: Comment below video (+ grain of salt)
Thank you, Tarabull.

Also at 1:35, there is a list of items found inside the car that Armani's mom said didn't belong to her. The items include a gas can, a tie off (?), lighter, cup, dog treats, receipt, white tank top, and a sandwich bag. I don't think the entire list is visible but that's what I was able to see. MOO

Thank you, Tarabull.

Also at 1:35, there is a list of items found inside the car that Armani's mom said didn't belong to her. The items include a gas can, a tie off (?), lighter, cup, dog treats, receipt, white tank top, and a sandwich bag. I don't think the entire list is visible but that's what I was able to see. MOO
additionally I see a hat, 2 bottles, plastic top and a bat
Moo

I only heard about this yesterday when I read the NYT article:

A lot about this really got under my skin in a tragic way...

just reading about the mother who is now operating under the assumption her son is now dead...no hope or optimism, no flyers going up, no search parties being organized - just that her son's dead body is out there somewhere and she's waiting for what comes next. On a human level, it's hard to mentally process what that must be like for a mother thinking about her own son.

And when she commented about how he made it through 8 years in prison just to (in her opinion) get killed once he was out...i'm not going to lie...that really shook me.

I realize there is no confirmation from the police one way or another - but at the same time no one is positioning this search as though they are trying to rescue alive individuals. I just seems assumed they met a tragic fate and are now dead.
I'm not trying to be crass or morbid - but I think it's worth while taking a moment to mentally/emotionally honour the relatives/loved ones who appear to being assuming their family is now dead and are just wondering where their bodies are. The emotional trauma of this must be unspeakable.

just reading about the mother who is now operating under the assumption her son is now dead...no hope or optimism, no flyers going up, no search parties being organized - just that her son's dead body is out there somewhere and she's waiting for what comes next. On a human level, it's hard to mentally process what that must be like for a mother thinking about her own son.

And when she commented about how he made it through 8 years in prison just to (in her opinion) get killed once he was out...i'm not going to lie...that really shook me.

I realize there is no confirmation from the police one way or another - but at the same time no one is positioning this search as though they are trying to rescue alive individuals. I just seems assumed they met a tragic fate and are now dead.
I'm not trying to be crass or morbid - but I think it's worth while taking a moment to mentally/emotionally honour the relatives/loved ones who appear to being assuming their family is now dead and are just wondering where their bodies are. The emotional trauma of this must be unspeakable.
Could she have gotten an anon message that he has passed and to not search for them or else? Otherwise I don't understand the pessimism

According to a research conducted in Washington State, the risk of death immediately following prison release is something like 20x the national average and remains 4x as high for at least four years.

I would assume that these rates would be even higher if the study was conducted somewhere with more concentrated gang activity like Detroit.

Being risk-obsessed, I still keep track of my classmates who have died and how while there's not yet too many to follow. The only one so far who was murdered was killed following prison release.

''Warren Police discovered the vehicle and arrested a juvenile on Jan. 28, according to the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office.

The suspect has been arraigned, however, his name is not being released because he is a minor.

A preliminary exam is scheduled for next week. This suspect is charged with possessing a stolen vehicle and burglary tools, according to prosecutors.

At this time, it is not believed the juvenile is connected to the disappearance of Kelly, Givens and Wicker.

Stay with CBS News Detroit for the latest updates on the search for these three missing men. ''

''Warren Police discovered the vehicle and arrested a juvenile on Jan. 28, according to the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office.

The suspect has been arraigned, however, his name is not being released because he is a minor.

A preliminary exam is scheduled for next week. This suspect is charged with possessing a stolen vehicle and burglary tools, according to prosecutors.

At this time, it is not believed the juvenile is connected to the disappearance of Kelly, Givens and Wicker.

Stay with CBS News Detroit for the latest updates on the search for these three missing men. ''
So does LE think he just stole the car when it had already been abandoned?

So does LE think he just stole the car when it had already been abandoned?
ETA.
''It's an investigation law enforcement officials have characterized as alarming, rare and difficult. The search for the men has become a multi-agency investigation involving police departments in Detroit, Oscoda, Melvindale and Warren.''
''Kelly's mother, Lorrie Kemp, confirmed that the gray Chevrolet Equinox her son drove had been impounded after it was tracked in an apartment complex in Warren. It reportedly moved three times in the area.''

"With how many days it's been, it's hard to believe he's still out there alive,'' the matriarch said. "But I can't sit here and tell everybody, 'Oh, I think he's dead' because I don't know, and the world is a crazy place. Until I see a body, I'm not going to believe it."

Kemp added she does not want to appear on "Dateline" in two decades "to find his body.
" "Dateline" is a hit series offering in-depth news stories and investigative journalism, including crime-related stories.

Police are yet to release a new update regarding the case.

This is a developing story.''

Last edited:
Police near Detroit found a car belonging to one of three missing rappers who have not been seen for nearly two weeks, officials said Thursday.

A 15-year-old boy was picked up last week and accused of having the automobile of missing rapper Armani Kelly, Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer told NBC News...

Note: I live in metro-Detroit and would likely be following this case if I were at home. I'm on a Caribbean cruise but read local and national news daily so I have an idea of what's going on. I was surprised to see the above report on the NBC site.

''The bodies of three missing men, including a rapper from Oscoda, have been found in a Highland Park apartment building, according to two police sources familiar with the investigation.

Police had been looking for rapper Armani Kelly and his friends Dante Wicker and Montoya Givens for two weeks, after the three were reporting missing. Investigators found the men's bodies in a building on the Highland Park border near Detroit's Palmer Park, sources said.''

Missing rappers Armani Kelly, Dante Wicker and Montoya Givens.

Kelly, who performed under the alias Marley Whoop, had been slated to perform at a Jan. 21 birthday party at Lounge 31 near Gratiot, but the show was canceled. The three men had been missing since that night.

Givens' mother, Cat Fogle, said police informed her about the find at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back