Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would struggle to believe that there is a single person in the immediate vicinity that hasn’t heard about it, I remember mikaeel Kular (reason I joined WS) and there was not one person not talking about it in Edinburgh, of course this was a child missing but still I feel even more so in a small village(s). BUT, it could jog someone’s memory who maybe only comes into the vicinity once a week say for whatever purpose. Everything is worth a try imo. I don’t really know how helpful reconstructions are but again worth a shot. I do wonder if they have got willow down there again to see if it veers them toward anything specific.

For those interested, I'm sure many of you know but I haven't seen it specifically mentioned on here, you can view the scene on Google maps from overhead (the river, path, and field etc.), and if you drag the little 'street view man' over the scene, it will highlight photographs that members of the public have taken. You can then select to go into one of those photos, which essentially allows you to navigate the area around the scene as if you were on street view. It's quite useful for orienting from different angles.

For example, here is a link to a picture of a slightly odd looking outbuilding on the towpath just up from the bench. I only share it because nobody else has mentioned it, not because I think it holds any particular significance.

I don’t feel as bad laughing on this thread now seen as both NB and PA laughed at at least one part of their interview. NOT a crime and most likely nerves. Jmo

The laughter isn't orthodox, granted, but I agree that the guy is in a clear state of shock - frozen almost - so it's not fair for anyone to judge/make wild theories based purely on the fact he isn't giving us the reaction we want/are expecting (i.e. floods of tears and barely able to talk). From what I can see, his reaction has the markings of a trauma response. The press said earlier in the week that he was too devastated to speak publicly so I can only imagine the emotion that's gone on behind closed doors. Also, we don't know the guy personally. Maybe he's quite wry and dry-witted by nature and that's his way of responding to a "no sh-- Sherlock" glib, journalistic remark like "you must be warmed by the public response".
Maybe some of the new members here don't realize that WS is a victim friendly forum and we don't cast aspersions against victims families here when they aren't a person of interest.

I would struggle to believe that there is a single person in the immediate vicinity that hasn’t heard about it, I remember mikaeel Kular (reason I joined WS) and there was not one person not talking about it in Edinburgh, of course this was a child missing but still I feel even more so in a small village(s). BUT, it could jog someone’s memory who maybe only comes into the vicinity once a week say for whatever purpose. Everything is worth a try imo. I don’t really know how helpful reconstructions are but again worth a shot. I do wonder if they have got willow down there again to see if it veers them toward anything specific.
I've said it twice but tbh I would have thought reconstruction today

For those interested, I'm sure many of you know but I haven't seen it specifically mentioned on here, you can view the scene on Google maps from overhead (the river, path, and field etc.), and if you drag the little 'street view man' over the scene, it will highlight photographs that members of the public have taken. You can then select to go into one of those photos, which essentially allows you to navigate the area around the scene as if you were on street view. It's quite useful for orienting from different angles.

For example, here is a link to a picture of a slightly odd looking outbuilding on the towpath just up from the bench. I only share it because nobody else has mentioned it, not because I think it holds any particular significance.
This outbuilding has been mentioned probably in thread 2.

Surely would've been quite easy to errect sort of mesh dams along the river in the early days to make searching it easier?

Also, is the partner the father of the girls?

Whilst I still think voluntary disappearance is not the most likely occurrence here, IF I were planning such an act then I absolutely would be arranging as many dates as possible in my diary both short and medium term to cover my plans.

Just throwing some personal experience in here. My mum attempted to take her own life, the the days/weeks before she did it, she was outwardly happy, has seen friends and had 3 days before booked a holiday.

It wasn’t a spare of the moment decision because she had stockpiled medication, she had organised boxes for me and my siblings, which were all laid out in the spare room with cards for birthdays months in advance. She admitted to planning for weeks how, where, when she was going to do it, she headed out to a ‘planned’ appointment which didn’t actually exist.

I’m not saying Nicola has gone off on her own will, nor am I saying she has taken her own life, but in my experience making plans doesn’t always mean someone is intending to keep them.

MOO.

And this is what bothers me. There were enough close family members to stay with the girls - her sister, her Mother. Yet he is the next of kin......JMO
I assumed this was because NB's parents don't live in the same part of the country, and I guess interviewing her birth family gives it a different angle/perspective on her and the kind of person she is. I also think it's a lot more emotive interviewing them seperately. There were already a few press interviews with her husband, so I'm not sure what value his presence would have added.

Asked how he was coping, he said: “I don’t know how I’m coping. I don’t want to think about it. It’s just about the girls. I’m there for them. I don’t really want to elaborate on that. I don’t want to take my eye off that.”

I assumed this was because NB's parents don't live in the same part of the country, and I guess interviewing her birth family gives it a different angle/perspective on her and the kind of person she is. I also think it's a lot more emotive interviewing them seperately. There were already a few press interviews with her husband, so I'm not sure what value his presence would have added.
I thought that her parents lived nearby, hence them regularly looking after the children? Sorry if I've got that wrong.

I also noticed that structure, I'd assume it has been searched?

Also one of the photos of that building uploaded by a member of the public show a good perspective of the steepness of the bank by the bench (if you spin the image back to look at the bench). If someone was lying in the water immediately below the bench on a foggy morning, I think it's unlikely any passers by would have seen them?

I remember looking at these a couple of days again and what struck me immediately - maybe my over thinking brain, but why would someone be there walking around just that little field taking pictures ? Id expect them along the path etc. But not near the bench and scattered around the field.

I wonder whether it is possibly worth standing at junctions etc near by with pictures of Nicola and/or Willow in a hope that it jogs someones memory, i am more than happy to do this over the weekend ? Wonder whether anyone else it to ? I know there are people doing it in the immediate vicinity but possibly a little further afield would help too ? Unfortunately i am not on social media anymore so cant find if anyone is doing this ? I just have the overwhelming feeling to help and do something worthwhile as appose to speculating.

I know the news are all over this but even if we could help with cups of coffee or something ?

Sorry if this sounds stupi

I wonder whether it is possibly worth standing at junctions etc near by with pictures of Nicola and/or Willow in a hope that it jogs someones memory, i am more than happy to do this over the weekend ? Wonder whether anyone else it to ? I know there are people doing it in the immediate vicinity but possibly a little further afield would help too ? Unfortunately i am not on social media anymore so cant find if anyone is doing this ? I just have the overwhelming feeling to help and do something worthwhile as appose to speculating.

I know the news are all over this but even if we could help with cups of coffee or something ?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.
Her friends are doing this now.

This outbuilding has been mentioned probably in thread 2.
OK, apologies I missed it in an earlier thread, but like I say I didn't share it because of the outbuilding, I just shared it because it's useful, I think, to look at the entire scene from multiple angles not routinely shown in the news etc.

Nicolas parents may not live in the village, but they stated they have the children once a week, so they cannot be too far away? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado