ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, BK has chosen to "stay silent" from the start (see link below from a few days after his arrest), and will until the bitter end, without confessing nor outwardly protesting his innocence.

"The top suspect in the murder of four University of Idaho college students initially agreed to talk with police but allegedly stopped the interview after they began to ask questions about the murders."

Bryan Kohberger Stopped Police Interview After Question About Idaho Murders

That’s a really good point. It would be very interesting to see what has been turned over to the defense in discovery so far.
I added to the original comment. I think it is important for us all to note that 'truth' is not absolute, you know, and 'proof' can be less than 100% so that leaves room for questions and doubt. A good defense attorney will have a way of taking the little tiny hole and wedging it open. imo jmo that's what they'll try to do here. and yes, wouldn't you love to see that discovery so far?!

true enough that a car fitting the description of his was seen and it matches up to his cell phone records - but there's wiggle room there. I'm not saying it's convincing, I'm just saying it's there. and he can say he was at home, it's just not believable imo jmo. But if he lived with someone, they could say he was home asleep with them, and then BK could say someone must have taken his car and yes, he remembers he'd left his phone in the car. Without the person to support the alibi, BK can still try the 'they took my car and my phone' bit, but no one to support that alibi and there's still no evidence associated with that. so again to your point about him presenting evidence, idK what he could present.

edited for detail
He could present:
- a cctv and his signature from a gym if he claimed he attended it that night
-a cctv and a receipt from a night store if he claimed he went there
- a statement from a friend if he claimed he visited this person that night
Etc, etc

A person can always prove one's innocence, provided it is true.

Wherever we go, we leave some traces.

As he left his at murder scene.

JMO

Looks like there is a vegan option for meals on the U of Idaho campus.

The Eatery at Vandals Village offers vegan meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner at one of their food stations, and it sounds like it is an all-you-can-eat meal. This would be a good option for a vegan meal for a student and could be another reason BK was on the U of Idaho campus, especially since he would have parking covered as a WSU student due to the agreement between WSU and U of Idaho. It would be easy enough for U of Idaho LE to determine if BK applied for a U of Idaho free parking pass as a WSU student.

This dining hall on the U of Idaho campus is located at 1080 W. 6th Street, about 1.5 miles from the house on King Road.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Eatery at Vandals Village is an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience featuring a rotation of eats from the following stations:

• G8 - Allergen Friendly Station
  • Rooted - Dedicated Vegan and Vegetarian Station
  • Fresh 52
  • Stacked
  • Flame Grill
  • Cucina
  • Sweet Shoppe
  • Nook
  • Student Choice
MOO, but AFAIK, this is only for UI students who have prepaid dining plans. Yes, they check.
Dining | Housing & Residence Life | University of Idaho

Again, MOO!

He could present:
- a statement from a friend if he claimed he visited them that night
Etc, etc

JMO

I agree with you in theory except for this “a person can always prove one’s innocence, provided it is true”

If that statement were a true fact, there wouldn’t have been 3,373 exonerations ( both DNA and non DNA) since 1989 according to this chart:

Promise I’m not trying to give you a hard time, just pointing out that many innocent folks have been convicted. (And I’m not saying BK is innocent either— just disagreeing with that one piece of your statement)

One person I did experience this with was behind me in a coffee line up and was almost up on me - no personal space and was staring at my chest area openly (I was wearing a lab coat uniform so nothing exposing anything).

I looked around at others around me to see if anyone else was seeing what I was seeing/experiencing as I was bewildered at the nerve. I asked in a snide, sarcastic tone: excuse me, can I help you? He said: nope. And kept it up! Again, so nervy and brazen. He was enjoying it all. He was small in stature, I could've taken him haha... but I found it so unsettling.

Maybe you're right and an antisocial type, I'm not sure. Sorry not trying to get off topic here but people should know these types of people are out there! If anyone encounters these people, steer clear! They are just not right. I feel by the descriptions of BK I get a sense what type of person he is. Definitely off and off putting. Again, JMO, MOO

yes, steer clear, and use your intuition it is NOT normal for someone to STARE and not feel embarrassed when caught!

He could present:
- a statement from a friend if he claimed he visited them that night
Etc, etc

JMO

IF he did those things, then he could present the evidence, but I don't recall reading that he claimed to have done any of those things. And the point is that he may not have done any of the things you listed, and apparently, he did not, but not doing those things does not mean he committed murder. jmo imo

And a person cannot always prove one's innocence. that's why the innocence project exists, for example, and many people have been wrongly accused. people also get framed imo jmo. Innocence Project - Help us put an end to wrongful convictions!

And yes, wherever we go, we leave traces, but what if the only place he went was the road and the car? or what if he claims his car and phone were taken? my point is that oftentimes the defense won't present evidence either because they can't and/or they don't have to. And failure to produce evidence of an alibi is not evidence of guilt. jmo imo

I agree with you in theory except “a person can always prove one’s innocence, provided it is true”

If that were true, there wouldn’t be have been 3,373 exonerations ( both DNA and non DNA) since 1989 according to this chart:

I was posting the same bit, but using innocence project :)

IMO, BK has chosen to "stay silent" from the start (see link below from a few days after his arrest), and will until the bitter end, without confessing nor outwardly protesting his innocence.

"The top suspect in the murder of four University of Idaho college students initially agreed to talk with police but allegedly stopped the interview after they began to ask questions about the murders."

Well, although I believe he’s guilty, even an innocent person shouldn’t talk, in his circumstances. When the police smash your door down in the middle of the night and arrest you for murder, you’re not going to be able to talk your way out of it.

I was posting the same bit, but using innocence project :)
Hmm...
But how can a person leave evidence at a place he/she never visited?

Sure, sometimes ppl get "framed" by real perps.

But it only shows the poor effort of investigators b/c real perps leave much more evidence than a "framed" innocent person with "planted" one.
JMO

Last edited:

I think he's in utter denial about who he is at the core (just like always denying his awful treatment and behavior towards women that's been reported) and will not take accountability.

Coward through and through. Part of me thinks he loves the notoriety and loves it but I think he'll play coy for awhile, at least until he invents some elaborate story (lie). JMO, MOO

Question: can anyone kindly shed light on the kind of cell phone data that can be gleaned from non-GPS enabled non-smart cell phone use?

I understand the common sense assumption that BCK must have used a smart phone, but thinking out of the box: what if he didn’t? What kind of info/data would be available to LE in that scenario?

TIA & MOO!

When the police smash your door down in the middle of the night and arrest you for murder, you’re not going to be able to talk your way out of it.

Words of wisdom! And while I don't expect to face that particular circumstance in my life, still really good advice to follow. IMO JMO BK shutting up is about the only smart thing he's done in this case.

From Ashleigh Banfield's program, info she says came from "a couple of sources familiar with the investigation" on "the order" in which the four of them were killed (also the "manner" but it is very graphic as she warns).

So: unnamed sources = take it with a grain of salt, or if you don't care for AB's show, as mods have reiterated, please just "roll and scroll".

Paraphrasing, AB's sources say:

Kaylee and Maddie were killed first in Maddie's bedroom on the 3rd floor.

Ethan was killed next in the area of Xana's bedroom door on the 2nd floor.

Xana was killed last in her bedroom and she had wounds that indicate she fought the attacker extensively.

Sources: Idaho victim Xana Kernodle was killed last and fought back | Banfield

Hmm...
But how can a person leave evidence at a place he/she never visited?

Sure, sometimes ppl get "framed" by real perps.

But it only shows the poor effort of investigators b/c real perps leave much more evidence than a "framed" innocent person.
JMO

how can a person leave evidence at a place he/she never visited?
Well, first of all, dna transfer can happen in a lot of ways. see below for articles on same.
Also, we don't know that they have proof tying BK's physical presence to the house.
We only know that they have a knife sheath thing that has his DNA on it.
Those two things are not the same. Maybe they have a lot more, but we do not have proof of that imo jmo.
I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that there are holes here and leaps of logic do not make it so. jmo imo.

Well, although I believe he’s guilty, even an innocent person shouldn’t talk, in his circumstances. When the police smash your door down in the middle of the night and arrest you for murder, you’re not going to be able to talk your way out of it.
That's likely, of course. The point that I was trying to make is that he spoke with them and went along with the interview UNTIL they asked about the Idaho murders, which is when he stopped talking. So who knows what he was comfortable talking about with LE before that point. After that point is when he clammed up, so his silence was in regards to/ after LE asked a question about the murders. MOO

That's likely, of course. The point that I was trying to make is that he spoke with them and went along with the interview UNTIL they asked about the Idaho murders, which is when he stopped talking. So who knows what he was comfortable talking about with LE before that point. After that point is when he clammed up, so his silence was in regards to/ after LE asked a question about the murders. MOO
imo jmo, but that's exactly what an intelligent person would do, regardless of guilt or innocence. jmo imo If LE started out with how's your day going?, I'd answer. As soon as they flipped to asking about murder, I'd ask for an attorney. And with his education, it looks like the is the one thing that sunk in. I wonder when they mirandized him?

Last edited:
how can a person leave evidence at a place he/she never visited?
Well, first of all, dna transfer can happen in a lot of ways. see below for articles on same.
Also, we don't know that they have proof tying BK's physical presence to the house.
We only know that they have a knife sheath thing that has his DNA on it.
Those two things are not the same. Maybe they have a lot more, but we do not have proof of that imo jmo.
I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that there are holes here and leaps of logic do not make it so. jmo imo.

Let's be realistic :)

If we leave our DNA whenever we are, even without touching things, then simple logic tells us that our traces are left in overwhelming way at the crime scene, not the innocent person "framed".

Let's not get crazy - otherwise anybody can claim that he/she was maliciously framed by phantom perps.

Thank you very much.
I have no further questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members