Found Deceased MI - Armani Kelly - Montoya Givens - Dante Wicker - Missing After Cancelled Performance @ Lounge 31 - Detroit

I'm pleased to see that classic style gang modus operandi is being rendered ineffective by modern technology. I'm sure that kid didn't roll on the guy, he probably didn't even know the guy's real name. He probably did tell the cops exactly where he got the car, maybe after they already told him that they knew the basic area (from tracking his phone) and they got the list of what phones he had been in contact with and where those phones had been - even if the adult suspect was using a burner. Then they had high definition "traffic" cameras that caught that guy cleaning out the car.

Back in the 90s there's no way the adult suspect would have been caught - now in the 20s, it's just following standard procedure which takes a few days to get all that data but then they got 'em. It's a good thing. I don't know exactly why this case is a higher priority than all those unsolved local homicides but maybe it is easier to isolate when the victims' phones and car and etc are from out of the area and haven't been circulating through the community.

Three bodies found in an abandoned apartment building in the Detroit area Thursday are those of the rappers who vanished nearly two weeks ago, according to Michigan State Police.

In a statement Friday afternoon, the agency said the victims had been positively identified as Armani Kelly, of Oscoda, Michigan; Montoya Givens, of Detroit; and Dante Wicker, of Melvindale, Michigan.

"Currently the cause of death and motive are unknown," state police tweeted, adding detectives were still investigating the deaths.

Human remains were found in the basement of the apartment complex in Highland Park, roughly 6 miles northwest of Detroit, state police Lt. Mike Shaw said.

A 2017 Chevrolet Equinox discovered in a northeast Warren condominium carport last week was key in leading police to the bodies of three men who went missing in Detroit two weeks ago.

The Equinox, which belonged to one of the missing men, Armani Kelly of Oscoda, was retrieved on Jan. 27 from the Londonderry condominium complex on Queens Court near 12 Mile and Hoover roads.

“We received information on the 25th of January and on the 27th, went to the location and were able to find the car through various means including FLOCK license plate reader technology,” said Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer.

He reported officers went to a condo unit in the complex and talked to a 15-year-old male who lived there and said he had received the car. He was arrested and charged with burglary and receiving and concealing stolen property and is currently being held in the Macomb County Juvenile Detention Center in Mount Clemens.

Last edited:
I only heard about this yesterday when I read the NYT article:

A lot about this really got under my skin in a tragic way...

just reading about the mother who is now operating under the assumption her son is now dead...no hope or optimism, no flyers going up, no search parties being organized - just that her son's dead body is out there somewhere and she's waiting for what comes next. On a human level, it's hard to mentally process what that must be like for a mother thinking about her own son.

And when she commented about how he made it through 8 years in prison just to (in her opinion) get killed once he was out...i'm not going to lie...that really shook me.

I realize there is no confirmation from the police one way or another - but at the same time no one is positioning this search as though they are trying to rescue alive individuals. I just seems assumed they met a tragic fate and are now dead.
I'm not trying to be crass or morbid - but I think it's worth while taking a moment to mentally/emotionally honour the relatives/loved ones who appear to being assuming their family is now dead and are just wondering where their bodies are. The emotional trauma of this must be unspeakable.
It is truly shocking. <modsnip> All heart and love to the family.
<modsnip>
Strange that this would happen. Prayers for their bidies to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is truly shocking. <modsnip> All heart and love to the family.
<modsnip>
Strange that this would happen. Prayers for their bidies to be found.
If you meant their bodies.... they were already found deceased yesterday.

The bodies were uncovered Thursday night in the basement of Northcourse Apartments in Highland Park, hidden beneath piles of debris and construction material, police sources told the Detroit News. All three victims reportedly suffered fatal gunshot wounds.

If you meant their bodies.... they were already found deceased yesterday.

The bodies were uncovered Thursday night in the basement of Northcourse Apartments in Highland Park, hidden beneath piles of debris and construction material, police sources told the Detroit News. All three victims reportedly suffered fatal gunshot wounds.

Oh. Thank you. Sorry for the families. I just don't see how this could happen. I just can't make sense of this.
<modsnip>
Prayers to the families.

No matter what they young men were involved with before their deaths, they were someone's brother, son, friend, uncle.

I appreciate Websleuths for respecting all victims.

May justice be found and may their families and loved ones find comfort.

Snipped...

ETA: There is a schit tonne of 411 at the link...fwiw...LE checked the cell phone of the kid who had the car it led them to an individual...who was taken in for questioning...LE got this IMHO
Given what IMOO caused their deaths, I am terrified for this 15 year old, having committed a crime or not.

Has it been said yet whether the men were shot there in the basement or just dumped there? I'd think it would be hard to get three big strong men to walk down to the basement, even if at gunpoint. Wouldn't they grapple for the gun since they know they would be walking to their death anyway?

Maybe they were lured down there for drug deal or something? I think it would be very hard to get three dead bodies down there though.

Has it been said yet whether the men were shot there in the basement or just dumped there? I'd think it would be hard to get three big strong men to walk down to the basement, even if at gunpoint. Wouldn't they grapple for the gun since they know they would be walking to their death anyway?

Maybe they were lured down there for drug deal or something? I think it would be very hard to get three dead bodies down there though.
Since the victim's car was there and I assume there was no evidence of foul play in the car or it would have probably been mentioned by now I could go on to assume that the victims arrived there on their own and most likely entered willingly.

There are a lot of ploys to lure people into ambush. If I were to speculate in this case, I would say it was either to party before the show or to conduct an illegal transaction i.e. they believed they might buy drugs or guns. It could have been anything though, a lot of those gang types are surprisingly good at improvisation and very opportunistic.

''It was not said exactly what conditions the bodies were in, or how long they were believed to have been at the Highland Park apartment complex.

Shortly after their first announcement, MSP said they were able to identify the bodies, and that they were working to notify the victims’ families. They later confirmed that the bodies belong to Kelly, Givens and Wicker.

Police are unsure what led to the men’s deaths. MSP said they are continuing to investigate and that the “cause of death and motive are unknown.”

Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-Speak Up, or 1-855-Mich Tip.''

rbbm
''Human remains were found in the basement of the apartment complex in Highland Park, roughly 6 miles northwest of Detroit, state police Lt. Mike Shaw said.''

''At the time, Dwyer declined to discuss how the car’s discovery might factor into the search for the missing rappers. He said there were no signs of violence in Kelly’s car.

“There was no blood or anything of a nature that would lead us to believe they were either transported or murdered in that particular vehicle,” he said.''

FEB 3, 2023
[...]

According to MSP Lt. Mike Shaw, the three men were killed on the second floor of the apartment and then were dragged to the basement.

The three rappers disappeared in late January after a schedule performance was canceled. A person of interest is being questioned, FOX 2 has learned. That person is not being identified at this time.

But that's not the only person police have in custody in relation to their murders. Friday on FOX 2 News at 5, Jessica Dupnack learned that another person may be connected to the murders and is currently in custody in Tennessee.

No names have been released at this time.

The man arrested this morning in Knoxville TN is from Michigan and is being held on a parole violation. He will be extradited back to Michigan where LE wants to question him about the murders.

Last edited:
Updated 4:44 p.m. ET Feb. 3, 2023
Lounge 31 owner Darnell Williams told the Free Press the performances were canceled the night the men went missing because of technical failures with DJ equipment. He said there were too many people in the crowd to know whether or when the missing men arrived at the venue, but that police were reviewing video footage.

According to MSP Lt. Mike Shaw, the three men were killed on the second floor of the apartment and then were dragged to the basement

SBMFF

TY, @PommyMommy for the post. Here's what came to me (below MSM quote) regarding the following:

Members of several units from multiple police agencies searched the building, finally discovering the bodies in the basement, beneath old construction equipment. The victims had been shot, a source said.

According to MSP Lt. Mike Shaw, the three men were killed on the second floor of the apartment and then were dragged to the basement.

Me again.... So 3 large men were dragged to the basement after being shot (so dead weight) and found under mounds of construction equipment. That sounds like a LOT for 1 person to have done. There were also other conditions that slowed LE's efforts and those conditions were still there when this was going down. Due to that I can't imagine 1 person is responsible for these horrendous murders. It just feels like too much for 1 guy to do on his own. All MOO.

Last edited:
SBMFF

TY, @PommyMommy for the post. Here's what came to me (below MSM quote) regarding the following:

Members of several units from multiple police agencies searched the building, finally discovering the bodies in the basement, beneath old construction equipment. The victims had been shot, a source said.

Me again.... So 3 large men were dragged to the basement after being shot (so dead weight) and found under mounds of construction equipment. That sounds like a LOT for 1 person to have done. There were also other conditions that slowed LE's efforts and those conditions were still there when this was going down. Due to that I can't imagine 1 person is responsible for these horrendous murders. It just feels like too much for 1 guy to do on his own. All MOO.

I agree.There had to be accomplices, most likely. Those three guys were young and strong and street smart. I don't think just one guy could have killed All 3 before the other 2 began fighting back.

I agree.There had to be accomplices, most likely. Those three guys were young and strong and street smart. I don't think just one guy could have killed All 3 before the other 2 began fighting back.
I'm imagining a Blair Witch Project scenario of using one of them to lure in the others, but that's probably not what happened

Updated 4:44 p.m. ET Feb. 3, 2023
Lounge 31 owner Darnell Williams told the Free Press the performances were canceled the night the men went missing because of technical failures with DJ equipment. He said there were too many people in the crowd to know whether or when the missing men arrived at the venue, but that police were reviewing video footage.
The DJ equipment failure still sounds suspicious to me. I wonder if the equipment worked at all that night or if it suddenly started working again after they left the building or whatever. Someone had to notify the three that the gig was canceled, I wonder how that was accomplished? A phone call or text would show up on their phone records, right?

One guy with a gun vs. 3 big strong unarmed men, and the guy with the gun wins every time. It doesn’t take that much time to pop off some rounds into people. The shock factor alone would delay reaction time.
Not saying it wasn’t multiple perps but it wouldn’t have had to be. MOO

Who was the promoter?

FEB 4, 2023
“This was a setup. Him to go to Lounge 31 on Gratiot and 7 Mile, they lured him there. Isn’t it funny that little flier for him to do his rap, “Marley Whoop” is his name, nobody has it? Lounge 31 doesn’t have it on their Facebook page, the promoter doesn’t. So, you explain to me where’d it go? What happened?” Kemp said.

FEB 3, 2023
Sources tell FOX 2 – Friday morning, a man from Detroit was arrested in Knoxville, Tennessee, in connection to the murder of the three aspiring rappers. He is being held on a parole violation down there. Meanwhile, another man was brought into custody, in the last week here in Detroit – for questioning in the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back