SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19

Last edited by a moderator:
True
Wondering if high calorie excess alcohol intake and southern diet offset?
If he were regularly taking a stimulant (say, Adderall) and also regularly abused alcohol, the alcohol would extend the effect of the stimulant AND make him more vulnerable to addiction to both.

Given the description of AM as perpetually active, busy, and on the move a well as the reports (incl. photos) of alcohol abuse, I suspect something like that was happening, or at least may have been the precursor to developing other addictions.

i think the repetition of his financial crimes is powerful.

He is stealing even before the bost crash, even when times are good. In the testimony yesterday, Beach’s attorney absolutely inew how many cases he had in the works, the big bucks he was generating. But yet he stole from clients over and over…even from his deceased housekeepers children.

I think deception became a game with him. He seems devoid of human empathy. He seems addicted to getting away with whatever he choses. It must make him feel brilliant.

We are told that his lawyering skills are not great but he is a master manipulator. Being skilled as an attorney takes work and study. AM found an easy way.

The day of the murder, the game became high stakes. He would need some big time moves to ‘win.’ To him, winning is survival. If PM went to jail, he’s ‘lose’ him anyway. Maggie and her Gucci habit was a financial drain. He’s be a rich widower to young women.

I think the repetition of his crimes really brings home the REAL AM.

Do we really think things will change in the Old Boy Network??
This is so telling and discouraging.

To some Lawyers, Trial is a competitive game unfortunately. These guys all know each other. All part of the Good Old White Boy society of the area they live in SC. It's a different world down there. Lots of Movies made about it.

IDK…Mr. BUF has worn Sperry top siders for years. All his darker brown ones are leather, not cloth. These darker brown ones could be leather imo.

I’m pretty sure the caregiver specifically said the Sperry’s AM had on that night were canvas.
How about suede? Leather, yes, but with a cloth-like texture.

Whatever he was wearing, they were likely expensive. And paid for with someone else's money.

JMO

I'm curious. How is it that no one noticed the missing funds earlier? Did he take the money all at once or was he removing funds slowly?
Over many years. At least back to 2012 according to testimony. Apparently, the Law Firm, started by his grandfather, was family oriented, and let people make up 'mistakes'/missing monies, and he convinced them over and paid some back, but they had no idea how much he had diverted/stolen over the years. They trusted him. Psychotic, Narcissistic charmer apparently.

To some Lawyers, Trial is a competitive game unfortunately. These guys all know each other. All part of the Good Old White Boy society of the area they live in SC. It's a different world down there. Lots of Movies made about it.
Hoping this is the beginning of the destruction of that good-ol-boy corruption culture in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam