GUILTY MN - Eli Hart, 6, found deceased in mother’s trunk, Mound, 20 May 2022 *Arrest*

Tuesday, February 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 9am CT) - MN - Eli Hart 46) (Found deceased in mother's trunk, May 20, 2022, Mound) - *Julissa Angelica Genrich Thaler (28/now 29) “mother” arrested (5/21/22) & charged (5/23/22) with 2nd degree intentional murder (not premeditated) & firearm use or possession. Re-charged (1/13/23) with 1st degree premeditated murder (after turning down a peal deal for 2nd degree murder with intent/not premeditated). Bond is $2M, with conditions & no contact with witnesses. Bond reduction denied (10/7/22).
Trial began on 1/30/23 with jury selection & ended 2/2/23.
Trial began on 2/3/23. 12 jurors are seated. No info on alternates (2 or 3)

Case & additional info from 5/23/22 thru 1/25/23 & Trial Day/Jury Selection Day 1-4 (1/30 to 2/2/23) & Trial Day 1 (2/3/23) reference post #117 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...unk-mound-mn-20-may-2022-arrest.624357/page-6

2/6/23 Monday, Trial Day 2: State witnesses: No info available yet.
Trial continues on Tuesday, 2/7/23.

Unfortunately I can not access this article - does it say WHO was on the witness stand? I would like to have that for my notes.
TIA! :)

Workers at the park and investigators testified about the broken gate and large rock.

Orono Police Sgt. Matt Siltala testified about tracing her route by following the scrape marks left by driving on the rim.

Hennepin County deputy Megan Thompson testified about gathering evidence from her car.

JMO

Workers at the park and investigators testified about the broken gate and large rock.

Orono Police Sgt. Matt Siltala testified about tracing her route by following the scrape marks left by driving on the rim.

Hennepin County deputy Megan Thompson testified about gathering evidence from her car.

JMO
Thank you!! :)

Unfortunately I can not access this article - does it say WHO was on the witness stand? I would like to have that for my notes.
TIA! :)

Workers at the park, along with investigators, testified about the broken gate and tracks next to a large rock that could have blown out the tire of Thaler's silver Chevy Impala on May 20, 2022.

Since she continued driving on the bare rim, Orono Police Sgt. Matt Siltala — who is experienced in tracking — was able to establish spots all around Lake Minnetonka, from Shoreline Drive to West Branch Road, where the car left scrape marks on the pavement.

Hennepin County deputy Megan Thompson testified about the painstaking processing of Thaler's car, which turned up evidence of ammunition, the suspected murder weapon, Thaler's permit to purchase a gun and flyers for a shooting range.

IMO
Reminder Pikkarainen was JT's BF at the time. He was arrested with JT but no charges brought against him due to lack of evidence. It appears that she lived in Spring Park at Bayview Apartments (it is on Lake Minnetonka) and he spent the night but was asleep when alleged crime was committed.

Last edited:
Former boyfriend testifies in Julissa Thaler murder trial, describes her son's final night
SBM
Robert Pikkarainen told jurors that he and Thaler knew each other in high school, and reconnected in 2022 by getting together to do drugs. He was arrested along with Thaler for Eli's death but quickly released without being charged.

He recalled feeding Eli pizza, playing with kittens in Thaler's apartment and getting ready to play Xbox when things took a turn.

KARE 11's Lou Raguse reports that Pikkarainen was emotional, struggling to hold back tears while describing the events that unfolded with a 6-year-old wide awake at 11 p.m. on a school night.
"We started playing with the kitties and Eli was getting rowdy and Mom didn't like it. She was hitting him. Then Eli was hitting her – they were fighting," Pikkarainen told the panel. "So she put the shotgun in the car and she came back up. I was lying in her bed. She grabbed Eli and went downstairs."
Pikkarainen testified he fell asleep and woke the next morning at 8 or 8:30. "Where did you go?" he reportedly asked her. "She was kind of like, 'I had to go do something,'" Pikkarainen said.

Pikkarainen told the courtroom he assumed Eli was at school. He said Thaler mentioned something about the police, and he asked what she was talking about. They eventually left the apartment, Pikkarainen said. "She stopped right there by the lake, and she wouldn't tell me what's going on, why cops were there."

...Thaler's team attempted to implicate Pikkarainen, and perhaps lead to doubt in the minds of jurors.

A DNA expert also took the stand Tuesday and testified that blood found in Julissa Thaler's hair on May 20 was a match with Eli's blood.

Wednesday, February 8th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9am CT) - MN - Eli Hart 46) (Found deceased in mother's trunk, May 20, 2022, Mound) - *Julissa Angelica Genrich Thaler (28/now 29) “mother” arrested (5/21/22) & charged (5/23/22) with 2nd degree intentional murder (not premeditated) & firearm use or possession. Re-charged (1/13/23) with 1st degree premeditated murder (after turning down a peal deal for 2nd degree murder with intent/not premeditated). Bond is $2M, with conditions & no contact with witnesses. Bond reduction denied (10/7/22).
Trial began on 1/30/23 with jury selection & ended 2/2/23.
Trial began on 2/3/23. 12 jurors are seated. No info on alternates (2 or 3)

Case & additional info from 5/23/22 thru 1/25/23 & Jury Selection Days 1/30 to 2/2/23 & Trial Day 1 (2/3/23) reference post #117 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...unk-mound-mn-20-may-2022-arrest.624357/page-6

2/6/23 Monday, Trial Day 2: State witnesses: Workers at the park testified about the broken gate & large rock. Orono Police Sgt. Matt Siltala. Hennepin County deputy Megan Thompson.
For more info see posts #122 & 124 (articles) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-trunk-mound-20-may-2022-arrest.624357/page-7
Trial continues on Tuesday, 2/7/23.

2/7/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 3: State witnesses: Robert Pikkarainen, Thaler's boyfriend. Mathias Martin, insurance broker (from Oregon).
For more info see posts #125 to 127, 129 & 130 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-trunk-mound-20-may-2022-arrest.624357/page-7
Trial continues on Wednesday, 2/8/23. At its current pace, the trial is expected to finish Wednesday, 2/8/23 & Thaler is not expected to take the stand.

iMO
everybody had questions about why no arrest right away and instead took her home. Growing up there - I agree with LE. This is a quiet area of the lake and not much happens there.
Seton Bridge (traffic stop) on Shoreline Drive to Bayview Apartments (where she lived) is 1.1 miles (Google maps).
When they were arrested, RP stated they were taking a walk by the lake (apartment is on the lake). LE said they were running away. Interesting.

When I watched the kare 11 TV spot, they showed a map of locations that LE tracked road damage from riding on the rim. I wish they would show all the locations because she traveled to Minnetrista, Mound, Spring Park and Navarre (part of Orono). So glad she ruined her tire otherwise who knows what could have transpired.
Sad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back