Haleigh Cummings general discussion

Feb. 9, 2009 is the day that 5-year-old Haleigh disappeared out of her Satsuma home in the middle of the night.

Hello Haleigh, it's been 13 years today.
We haven't forgotten you, sweet angel girl.
Hope Butterbean is having a good life.

Here's to my friends on the Haleigh threads, the Haleigh faithful, the Scanner thread alums ... I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life.

Ron self-medicating to mask his pain and guilt.

Sympathy to all who loved Haleigh.

xo
- Emma

from October 2022 - just upon Ron's first release - a recap of Haleigh's missing case
(see link above for full story and case timeline published last October.)

"It has been 13 years since a call came to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office about the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings. Her case has never been solved.

Several people, including her father Ronald Cummings and his then-girlfriend Misty Croslin who was watching her that night, were charged during the lengthy search and investigation. But none of the arrests was directly related to her disappearance.

Wednesday, the 38-year-old Cummings was released from his 15-year mandatory minimum drug-trafficking sentence in 2010, according to the Florida Department of Corrections. The department said he qualified for incentive gain time after serving 85% of his prison sentence under state law.
Meanwhile Croslin, 30, is serving her 25-year drug sentence and with a scheduled release date of June 17, 2031, according to the Department of Corrections.

The others arrested with them in the drug-trafficking investigation were Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Donna Brock and Hope Sykes. Croslin Jr., 36, is scheduled to be released March 12, while Brock, 56, was released Monday and Sykes, 31, is to be released Nov. 12, according to the state.

Haleigh, widely presumed dead, would be 19 today. Theories and speculation about what actually happened have never been proven amid the lies, leads and frequent developments in the case. Following is a rundown of key events...."

I'm not familiar with this case. What did the girlfriend do? I will try to read through but there is a lot.

“Despite being given a clean slate after serving his time in prison, Ronald has returned to his old ways and is a menace to our community,” Sheriff H.D. ‘Gator’ DeLoach stated in a news release. "He not only put lives in danger with his actions, he also attempted to endanger our deputy and medical personnel ... Some people do not take the second chances they’ve been given to change their lives and his actions reflect this."

:rolleyes:
New Sheriff in town, I see, with the name of "Gator".

He's clearly in pain, self-medicates. IMO b/c he realizes exactly how he lost his daughter.

JMO

"On the day marking 10 years since HaLeigh Cummings’ disappearance, Putnam County investigators acknowledged that they believed she died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs and that her body was placed in the river."

Feb 10 2023. one last addition: Today's local news on Haleigh's 14th disappear-iversary

‘We do not forget:’ 14 years since Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance in Putnam County

"In 2019, Action News Jax sat down with the lead detective in her case, Capt. Dominic Piscitello with the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, who has since retired.

“It’s kind of saddening because we haven’t figured it out,” Piscitello said. “This is a place where a little girl went missing from, an innocent child that had no control over anything in her life. She was merely a mechanism of her family and she is potentially gone because of what her family was or wasn’t, they didn’t keep her safe.”

Grandma Flo explains to Nancy Grace everything that probably happened with Misty (NOT her favorite today anyway) ... well ... maybe or maybe not depending on the weather ... and depending on who's her favorite delinquent grandchild at the moment. May God rest Flo's soul.

(yer welcome)

Grandma Flo explains to Nancy Grace everything that probably happened with Misty (NOT her favorite today anyway) ... well ... maybe or maybe not depending on the weather ... and depending on who's her favorite delinquent grandchild at the moment. May God rest Flo's soul.

(yer welcome)
This family…..Still no words..

Feb. 9, 2009 is the day that 5-year-old Haleigh disappeared out of her Satsuma home in the middle of the night.

Hello Haleigh, it's been 13 years today.
We haven't forgotten you, sweet angel girl.
Hope Butterbean is having a good life.

Here's to my friends on the Haleigh threads, the Haleigh faithful, the Scanner thread alums ... I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life.

Ron self-medicating to mask his pain and guilt.

Sympathy to all who loved Haleigh.

xo
- Emma

from October 2022 - just upon Ron's first release - a recap of Haleigh's missing case
(see link above for full story)

It has been 13 years since a call came to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office about the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings. Her case has never been solved.

Several people, including her father Ronald Cummings and his then-girlfriend Misty Croslin who was watching her that night, were charged during the lengthy search and investigation. But none of the arrests was directly related to her disappearance.

Wednesday, the 38-year-old Cummings was released from his 15-year mandatory minimum drug-trafficking sentence in 2010, according to the Florida Department of Corrections. The department said he qualified for incentive gain time after serving 85% of his prison sentence under state law.
Meanwhile Croslin, 30, is serving her 25-year drug sentence and with a scheduled release date of June 17, 2031, according to the Department of Corrections.

The others arrested with them in the drug-trafficking investigation were Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Donna Brock and Hope Sykes. Croslin Jr., 36, is scheduled to be released March 12, while Brock, 56, was released Monday and Sykes, 31, is to be released Nov. 12, according to the state.

Haleigh, widely presumed dead, would be 19 today. Theories and speculation about what actually happened have never been proven amid the lies, leads and frequent developments in the case. Following is a rundown of key events....
Does anyone but me wonder why Misty is serving the longest sentence? First time offence, Ron was right there with her in the backseat orchestrating the entire deal, even eating a pill. This is total BS

If you research this thread you will see that I have plenty of words, I just can't say them.
A lot of mine were deleted.
I don’t know why Misty got the brunt of the whole mess! I never understood it. I think Ron’s mom held the key to a lot of the BS in the case. I think there was something between her and the sheriff or whoever (been to long) The whole thing was a joke, the wedding, the divorce, the bust. Poor Misty never stood a chance against either family.

I disagree, Ron knows exactly what happened to his daughter under his watch.
He wasn't home when the child went missing from the house. He was at work. Verified. She was the live-in, underage, GF/babysitter that was supposed to be watching the children.

She knows what happened. He stayed close to her to try to get her to tell him. He knew she was lying about it all.

She took LE on a wild goose chase to a pier.

Ron was in agony over the loss of his child. After that, his life was over. But, he didn't kill her, he didn't dump her body. All he did was pick a as a sitter with benefits. Is he ultimately responsible? Yes, for making such a poor choice. Were the whole bunch of them engaged in illegal activity? Yep. Did he kill his child or dump her body? No. Does he know what happened? No.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back