CA CA - San Diego, Coronado Bridge, PasifikaMale 25-35, UP99701, Witnessed Suicide, October 7, 1979

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Interesting case added to NAMUS. The man is specifically identified as being Pasifika/Indigenous Pacific Islander. I wonder if they've done some sort of DNA analysis on him.
-
***GRAPHIC IMAGE AT LINK***
-
Sex - Male
Race / Ethnicity - Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 25-35
Height - 5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight - 180 lbs, Measured
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Location - San Diego, California 92118
County - San Diego County
Found On Tribal Land - No
Circumstances of Recovery - The decedent was witnessed jumping from the Coronado Bridge in San Diego, California.

---
Clothing:

The trousers were blue denim. The t-shirt was blue with the word, "California" across the chest. The belt was brown with a medium-large silver buckle. The corduroy jacket was light blue. The decedent was carrying a paper sack that contained dry light-colored swimming trunks trimmed in brown and orange, a white towel, and a hairbrush.

light brown shoes with a distinctive pattern on the soles.

white towel, hairbrush
---

Last edited by a moderator:
The timeline doesn't entirely match, but I do wonder if this could be Clayton Onosaki.
this is a good suggestion. the disappearance date is 7/1/78 and a lot of times they put the first of a month (or year) when the reporting party doesnt exactly remember the date or it was reported later. maybe they reported this much later than the decedents suicide.

I did look for an article on this young man. I was not able to find one, which was particularly interesting to me because just a couple of days later a young female was witnessed jumping from the bridge. She was identified and an article written. I would have thought perhaps there would have been a mention of his case given the timing, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back