Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

Hopefully that helps ID where he's from and where he's been
You quoted me as saying "he understood Haitian and Creole," but that is not accurate due to being out of context.

The quote was from an article I linked, and the article said "When Adji vanished, he understood Haitian and Creole." Adji is a boy who is missing from Florida who some have speculated might be the unidentified boy.

I have seen nothing to indicate that the unidentified boy understands Haitian and Creole.

You quoted me as saying "he understood Haitian and Creole," but that is not accurate.

The quote was from an article I linked, and the article said "When Adji vanished, he understood Haitian and Creole." Adji is a boy who is missing from Florida who some have speculated might be the unidentified boy.

I have seen nothing to indicate that the unidentified boy understands Haitian and Creole.
oh gosh, sorry! I deleted

Could he have been left there by someone who didn't have the resources to care for him, possibly even coming from another country, which would explain why no one has recognised him so far?

There was a case a few years ago where an American man with dementia, Roger Curry, was taken to the UK and abandoned in a small town a long way from an international airport; it turned out the family had been unable or unwilling to pay for a care home and assumed the NHS would pay. There was jail time, the man with dementia was repatriated to the US, and it was a big mystery for a while.

I hope that he has been offered the use of an AAC device of some sort. Such communication devices offer a selection of pictures the person can choose from to communicate their wishes, and most have a keyboard available if the person is able to type. There are even apps for this (Proloquo2Go, LetMeTalk, etc) that can be put on an iPad so that the individual can use an iPad to communicate. I know he isn't able to communicate verbally but I wonder if he could tell them at least *something* with an AAC device or app.

I'm still just so confused that no one seems to have suggestions for who this young man's identity--aside from the Adji Desir theories put forth early on.

When I search for more information, it is clear this case has been very well publicized. I realize this does not mean everyone out there knows about it, but it still strikes me as very, very odd that he just seems to have appeared wandering in that alley? I really hope LE has more information that has not yet been made public. It is really sad for no one to know who a teen(or older) is. What has his life been like?

It strikes me as *possible* that he may have been someone living an extremely isolated existence the past couple of years due to the pandemic. This could be true if he had an elderly, and/or anxious/worried caregiver, say they both had health issues, in addition to his being non-verbal?

I have one family member who is still living very much locked down. I know there are others who do as well, so just thinking along the lines of what could be theoretically possible if it was just this young man and one other person, trying to manage together and then something happened? Maybe they have both been "off the radar" for a few years now, and this is why no one recognizes him?

Just brainstorming.... :(

If no one has recognised him so far, and my idle theory about him having come from abroad (see above) is false, I think he has been isolated for much longer than 3 years since lockdown began.

If he's been in school it must be in small group special education, and a child like that can't fade into the background. No doubt his photo has been circulated within special education professional networks. Kids change appearance, but not so fast as to be totally unrecognisable in 3 years. You'd also think he would have been seeing medical professionals, speech therapists and so on.

There was the case of "Genie" who was kept totally isolated until her early teens and never really gained language despite intensive therapy Genie (feral child) - Wikipedia and several other comparable cases of "feral children".

Could something similar have happened to him? Isolation, possibly under the guise of home education (if anyone knows he exists), perhaps mild disabilities worsened by neglect, perhaps parents who have moved from their hometown and not established new social circles locally, and now he's somehow managed to escape but they don't feel able to reclaim him due to the neglect that would be uncovered.

If no one has recognised him so far, and my idle theory about him having come from abroad (see above) is false, I think he has been isolated for much longer than 3 years since lockdown began.

If he's been in school it must be in small group special education, and a child like that can't fade into the background. No doubt his photo has been circulated within special education professional networks. Kids change appearance, but not so fast as to be totally unrecognisable in 3 years. You'd also think he would have been seeing medical professionals, speech therapists and so on.

There was the case of "Genie" who was kept totally isolated until her early teens and never really gained language despite intensive therapy Genie (feral child) - Wikipedia and several other comparable cases of "feral children".

Could something similar have happened to him? Isolation, possibly under the guise of home education (if anyone knows he exists), perhaps mild disabilities worsened by neglect, perhaps parents who have moved from their hometown and not established new social circles locally, and now he's somehow managed to escape but they don't feel able to reclaim him due to the neglect that would be uncovered.
Genie's body, especially her gait, was severely impacted by being bound to a potty for over a decade. She also probably had psycho-social dwarfism, as social workers thought she was six when she first came to their attention, when she was twice that age. The failure of language development was what got scientists interested in her, when it was just one aspect of neglect and abuse that impacted every bit of her body and brain. She couldn't eat solid food, for example, and I don't know whether she's ever been able to. She's certainly still, as far as I can tell, a permanent resident of a facility for disabled adults, as she has been for most of her life since being found.

As far as we have been told, apart from his disability and being a bit dirty when found, Cordarius Doe appeared healthy and well-nourished. They didn't seek medical attention for him; as far as I know from what's been said in media and press conferences, after he was processed by the police he was taken straight to a care facility. He was able to write, which suggests he's had some education. Yes, he may have been mainly a home body, especially during COVID, but I don't think we've been told anything that suggests he's a victim of long term abuse or neglect.

I admit, the possibility did cross my mind, with no one coming forward, but I'm leaning against it right now. I think his physical condition would be worse if he'd been imprisoned, like Genie, like the Turpin siblings.

MOO

I read about this poor boy a few days ago and can’t get him out of my mind. I hope he’s happy in his current living situation. We may never find out how he ended up in that alley in Midland. IMO local services/government won’t put too many resources into finding his ‘family’. Unfortunately, he’ll probably end up in an institution or group home. Hopefully he’ll be happy and comfortable.

I read about this poor boy a few days ago and can’t get him out of my mind. I hope he’s happy in his current living situation. We may never find out how he ended up in that alley in Midland. IMO local services/government won’t put too many resources into finding his ‘family’. Unfortunately, he’ll probably end up in an institution or group home. Hopefully he’ll be happy and comfortable.
That probably will end up being the sad truth for him.

When I search for more information, it is clear this case has been very well publicized. I realize this does not mean everyone out there knows about it,
I do agree they've tried to publicize it, but truthfully, the only reason I know about this case is from WS. I'm a pretty ardent news junkie and have never personally seen it covered in any of the national media I follow. If he's from far enough way from where he was found in TX, there may well be people who know him but have no clue anyone is trying to identify him.

I agree with the other speculation on here, though, that the fact he wasn't taken to a hospital right away is telling. Not only does it seem to rule out significant recent abuse or neglect, but it also suggests to me that he wasn't out in the elements for very long, all things considered. So, he either had recently left a building near where he was found or he'd recently exited the transportation mode that got him to Midland. MOO

I lived just blocks away for many years. There is a care home at Camarie and Garfield three blocks from where he was found. There is a special apartment complex right up Ward towards the Loop, for disabled/special needs. The area where he was found is very affluent.Very odd he remains unclaimed. I hope this mystery is solved soon.

We're not really sure how old he is though? Some kids can change pretty dramatically in 3 years. I was thinking along the lines if he went though puberty or a real growth spurt, he may have looked like a little boy at the start of a pandemic and more like a young man now. Teenagers/young people are all over the place. Some look in their 20s at 13, and some still look 12 when they are 20.

I also hope he is happy. He looks happy in the pic with the orange sweatshirt on, and again I think the detective in the interview seemed kind. I hope he is in a situation with kind people and some peers and is doing OK.

I lived just blocks away for many years. There is a care home at Camarie and Garfield three blocks from where he was found. There is a special apartment complex right up Ward towards the Loop, for disabled/special needs. The area where he was found is very affluent.Very odd he remains unclaimed. I hope this mystery is solved soon.
Do you believe he was deliberately transported/left in this area due to that care home and special apartment complex?
Maybe someone within the vicinity knew of these services.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back