Found Deceased NE - Loveda 92 & Robert Proctor 89, Endangered Advisory, no phone or bank card, blue 2007 Chrys Pacifica, last seen Grand Island, 12 Jan 2023

HASTINGS, Neb. — The Aurora Police Department said they have been able to confirm by video surveillance that Robert and Loveda Proctor were observed on January 12 at 1:02 a.m.

They were spotted traveling west from the Pump & Pantry along Highway 6 on the east side of Hastings.

Headed West? So they could be west of Hastings. I kept looking all around Hwy 6 East and North from Hastings. Maybe they finally stopped somewhere to rest or something. I hope they are found soon. MOO

Is there a typo in that article? It says Jan 12 at 1:02 am. If they were previously seen at lunch on the 12th then this doesn't make sense, it must either mean they were seen driving at 1pm, or early the next morning at 1am which would be the 13th, not the 12th.

Or am I confused?

I’m confused too. Although it’s mentioned lunch at Applebee’s was Thursday(Jan 12th) , I think it must’ve been Wednesday (Jan 11th) the same day as the visit to the VA at Grand Island.

Because the asking for direction at Giltner occurred later at 10.25pm that same Wednesday, Jan 11th. Then it appears they went the opposite direction to be sighted near Hastings at 1:02am, Jan 12th opposite direction and even further away from Aurora. Truly terribly sad disappearance of this senior couple.

Last edited:
The most dangerous body of water I can locate is at the junction of Hwy 281 and I-80, a retention pond at the cloverleaf. To me, it's not outside the realm of possibility, especially if they were trying to get back to Grand Island, from which they started and from where they then could navigate correctly home. Fuel.... maybe not an issue if they left home with a full tank. 300 miles. My van can go 400 in optimal conditions. They might be driving and stopping. Maybe an old map in the glovebox, trying to figure out where they are on the map. Still lost at 2 am.... Question is, would there be open water in January in a retention pond? There or anywhere in state?

They have to be somewhere.

JMO

“APD used surveillance video to confirm the Proctors were at the Pump and Pantry along Highway 6 in Hastings on Jan. 12 at 1:02 a.m. They left traveling west….

….The discovery improves the last known location of the couple by a few hours. A Jan. 30 update from the family gave their last known location as traveling east on W 6 road near Giltner at 10:25 p.m. Giltner is roughly 18 miles northeast of Hastings.

3 News Now also spoke with the family on Friday morning before the new lead. A granddaughter of the couple said then that Adventures With Purpose, a well-known volunteer dive team often tackling cold cases, will aid in the search. The granddaughter said nothing had been discovered to lead them to search underwater….”

“APD used surveillance video to confirm the Proctors were at the Pump and Pantry along Highway 6 in Hastings on Jan. 12 at 1:02 a.m. They left traveling west….

….The discovery improves the last known location of the couple by a few hours. A Jan. 30 update from the family gave their last known location as traveling east on W 6 road near Giltner at 10:25 p.m. Giltner is roughly 18 miles northeast of Hastings.

3 News Now also spoke with the family on Friday morning before the new lead. A granddaughter of the couple said then that Adventures With Purpose, a well-known volunteer dive team often tackling cold cases, will aid in the search. The granddaughter said nothing had been discovered to lead them to search underwater….”
Does this imply they got fuel there?

The most dangerous body of water I can locate is at the junction of Hwy 281 and I-80, a retention pond at the cloverleaf. To me, it's not outside the realm of possibility, especially if they were trying to get back to Grand Island, from which they started and from where they then could navigate correctly home. Fuel.... maybe not an issue if they left home with a full tank. 300 miles. My van can go 400 in optimal conditions. They might be driving and stopping. Maybe an old map in the glovebox, trying to figure out where they are on the map. Still lost at 2 am.... Question is, would there be open water in January in a retention pond? There or anywhere in state?

They have to be somewhere.

JMO
Just a clarification on Nebraska terminology... "Retention ponds" collect runoff irrigation or rainwater from fields or large buildings. They may or may not have water in them during the winter, but most of the time the winter levels wouldn't completely submerge a car.

However, in the Platte River Valley, all ponds along I-80 and most other ponds seen there, are sand pits. They are fed by underground springs, and their water levels don't change. They are all deeper than a car. Most of them wouldn't have the type of access where people could "pull off the highway and drive straight into the lake" type of thing, tho. For example, at the above mentioned interstate exit there's a sand pit at each corner. Three of them are behind businesses,and access to the water is either blocked by trees, chunks of broken conrete piled on the banks, or a fence. There is easy access to the State Rec area, but again I see trees and concrete chuncks between the road and water, and the parking spots have significant curbs. The swimming area and boat ramp are clear at the other end of the lake.

Not saying they couldn't have driven into water, just giving some facts.

Just a clarification on Nebraska terminology... "Retention ponds" collect runoff irrigation or rainwater from fields or large buildings. They may or may not have water in them during the winter, but most of the time the winter levels wouldn't completely submerge a car.

However, in the Platte River Valley, all ponds along I-80 and most other ponds seen there, are sand pits. They are fed by underground springs, and their water levels don't change. They are all deeper than a car. Most of them wouldn't have the type of access where people could "pull off the highway and drive straight into the lake" type of thing, tho. For example, at the above mentioned interstate exit there's a sand pit at each corner. Three of them are behind businesses,and access to the water is either blocked by trees, chunks of broken conrete piled on the banks, or a fence. There is easy access to the State Rec area, but again I see trees and concrete chuncks between the road and water, and the parking spots have significant curbs. The swimming area and boat ramp are clear at the other end of the lake.

Not saying they couldn't have driven into water, just giving some facts.
Very helpful. Sadly not surprising at all.

So if not water, what?

I saw one relay station (not sure what it is actually, some metal structures) in the middle of seeming nothing...

I wonder if it's possible they pulled into a parking lot where they both succumbed to the elements overnight. And no one has reported the abandoned car. Seems impossible but....

(All jmoo)

Very helpful. Sadly not surprising at all.

So if not water, what?

I saw one relay station (not sure what it is actually, some metal structures) in the middle of seeming nothing...

I wonder if it's possible they pulled into a parking lot where they both succumbed to the elements overnight. And no one has reported the abandoned car. Seems impossible but....

(All jmoo)
I keep thinking of something which seems equally unlikely -- these cases I recall where a car drove into/was hidden in a storage container.

I think one case involved suicide but another might have been someone who was confused/concussed/couldn't think clearly.

It makes me wonder if they could have driven into a similar shipping or storage container, or even a residential garage that somehow hasn't been noticed yet?

By 1am, they had to be bone tired. Surely in need of bathroom breaks, if nothing else.

At what point do you just pull over and decide to wait for daylight?

But if she just kept driving, what if they stranded way outside even the most generous radius? Abandoned farmhouse, grove of trees, ravine....

I keep thinking of something which seems equally unlikely -- these cases I recall where a car drove into/was hidden in a storage container.

I think one case involved suicide but another might have been someone who was confused/concussed/couldn't think clearly.

It makes me wonder if they could have driven into a similar shipping or storage container, or even a residential garage that somehow hasn't been noticed yet?

Certainly could be possible and if this occurred during the night I’d think it was somewhere quite brightly lit. On the other hand it’d be sort of usual to have wide open access to a drive-into container or garage plainly visible during the night.

It truly baffling. But I must say it was very commendable of LE or the owners of Pump and Pantry to check CCTV at that Hastings location because who would’ve expected they went the wrong direction to Hastings given they were closer to home near Giltner. Although I don’t recall it stated if they had a debit or credit card, if so that might be how that stop was noted.

The odds of vulnerable seniors in their 90s stopping at a gas station at 1am I’d expect are extremely low. I’m thinking that CCTV is being closely examined to determine if another vehicle might’ve tailed them as they drove off. We don’t know how long LE has been sitting on this information but when something unusual or unexpected like this is announced I always wonder if LE might know a lot more than they’re saying. JMO

1676213884166.png
1676213943456.png

Article is at the link.

Following is a good timeline that is at the end of the article.

Timeline for Bob and Loveda Proctor
At 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 11, Bob and Loveda Proctor left their home. They proceeded to Aurora Co-op to fill up with gas in their blue 2007 Chrysler Pacifica at 4:19 p.m. and then left for Grand Island. Bob “felt like hell” so he had Veda take him to the Grand Island VA Medical Center, arriving there at 4:55 p.m. As Bob walked up to the VA hospital with the assistance of his walker, he was approached by a doctor who offered immediate care. Bob complained of pain, dizziness, weakness and that “everything felt dry.” Doctor reports Bob appears very weak, is pale/grayish in color and is slow to respond to questions. After assessment, determining Bob required emergency attention, they called 911.

The VA Medical Center closes at 5 p.m., so they decided to transfer Bob to the CHI Health St. Francis Emergency Room.
At 5:35 pm, Bob was transferred via ambulance and Veda was instructed to follow in her blue 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. Keep in mind, Veda has glaucoma and has a hard time seeing at night. Unfortunately, Veda wasn’t able to follow/keep up with the ambulance for unknown reasons and gets lost. She ends up going the opposite direction and seeking help on Vine Street. Thankfully a good Samaritan gives Veda directions to St. Francis ER.
Upon Veda’s arrival at St. Francis ER around 6:15 p.m., Bob complains of a cough and “nonproductive dry” (as stated by St. Francis ER). St. Francis says Bob’s diagnosis is an acute cough and notes no weakness but that Bob is adamant about going home. They then discharged Bob and allow him and Veda to leave at 8:04 p.m.

St. Francis states that they are aware that Veda has problems driving at night and got lost on her way to St. Francis from the VA Medical Center.

Veda attempts to drive the couple home in the dark and heads west on Faidley Avenue from St. Francis. Video footage shows Veda turns south on Webb Road around 8:15 p.m. They aimlessly drive around searching for Aurora. They reportedly arrive at a home in Giltner and ask for directions, specifically to Aurora, between 10 and 10:30 p.m. Please note it should take around 30 minutes to get from Grand Island to Giltner.

Video footage shows Bob and Veda arriving at a stop sign in Giltner at West 6 Road and South H Road. Veda turns south onto South H Road and arrives back at the stop sign around 10 minutes later. Fleming and her husband drove south on that road and discovered that at almost exactly five minutes, driving at Veda’s pace around 35-40 mph, the pavement ends and the road turns to gravel in all directions. This tells us that Veda knew not to take gravel at this time, according to Fleming. After Veda and Bob return to the stop sign after 10 minutes, they turn east on W 6 Road at 10:25 p.m.

It’s been reported that they stopped at another home outside of Giltner on West 6 Road. There is no video evidence to support this, but Fleming believes this happened.

Where are they?? I keep coming back to this one. It’s been too long, I’m afraid the chances of finding them alive are so slim at this point. How does a car just disappear out there? It’s not like they were in a mountainous region where the car could go off a cliff or be hidden in woods…

If they refueled at 1 am, they could have traveled another 300 miles. In the dark. In any direction.

How do we get the WHOLE MIDWEST to check their out buildings?

My heavens, he was ambulanced to the hospital from the VA.... could he have experienced a medical event, for which she felt responsible (undeserved -- for letting him be discharged, for getting lost, for being far afield when whatever crisis occurred? Could she have sought a hiding place?

It had to have been the most stressful of days, I can't even imagine.

My heart is so in this. I really feel for their family.

JMO

If they refueled at 1 am, they could have traveled another 300 miles. In the dark. In any direction.

How do we get the WHOLE MIDWEST to check their out buildings?

My heavens, he was ambulanced to the hospital from the VA.... could he have experienced a medical event, for which she felt responsible (undeserved -- for letting him be discharged, for getting lost, for being far afield when whatever crisis occurred? Could she have sought a hiding place?

It had to have been the most stressful of days, I can't even imagine.

My heart is so in this. I really feel for their family.

JMO
Same, I feel really connected to this case.

It sounds like he was really feeling quite unwell - gray, trouble responding to questions…it wouldn’t be the first time someone was seen and sent home only to have a more serious medical event on the way there. I’m so concerned for them both. Veda must have been so exhausted, how did she just keep going? I want them found safe and sound so badly.

This one is like the cases with kids, it really tugs at my heart. I think it’s because both the elderly and children can be so vulnerable. I just wish I had been there to turn her towards home somehow.

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — A volunteer dive team that says it's helped solve 26 missing person cold cases since 2019 will be helping with the search for a missing Nebraska elderly couple.

Adventures with Purpose, with nearly three million subscribers on YouTube, will come soon to Nebraska, a family member and Aurora Police told 3 News Now.

Two weeks ago, the Aurora Police Department used surveillance video to confirm the Proctors were at the Pump and Pantry along Highway 6 in the east side of Hastings on Jan. 12 at 1:02 a.m. They left traveling west.

Authorities also believe their car can be seen heading west through a roundabout along the same Highway 37 minutes later, on the other side of Hastings, near Adams Central Public School, Aurora Police Chief Paul Graham told 3 News Now.

And the family is pushing for national attention. Because so much time has passed, they could be anywhere, Fleming said.

In some ways, they're getting that national attention. The case was featured on Nancy Grace's podcast. And Adventures with Purpose brings its 2.83 million YouTube subscribers and 1.6 million Facebook followers.

Graham said no lead suggests they might be underwater, but any searching helps.

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — A volunteer dive team that says it's helped solve 26 missing person cold cases since 2019 will be helping with the search for a missing Nebraska elderly couple.

Adventures with Purpose, with nearly three million subscribers on YouTube, will come soon to Nebraska, a family member and Aurora Police told 3 News Now.

Two weeks ago, the Aurora Police Department used surveillance video to confirm the Proctors were at the Pump and Pantry along Highway 6 in the east side of Hastings on Jan. 12 at 1:02 a.m. They left traveling west.

Authorities also believe their car can be seen heading west through a roundabout along the same Highway 37 minutes later, on the other side of Hastings, near Adams Central Public School, Aurora Police Chief Paul Graham told 3 News Now.

And the family is pushing for national attention. Because so much time has passed, they could be anywhere, Fleming said.

In some ways, they're getting that national attention. The case was featured on Nancy Grace's podcast. And Adventures with Purpose brings its 2.83 million YouTube subscribers and 1.6 million Facebook followers.

Graham said no lead suggests they might be underwater, but any searching helps.

I think that must be highway 34, not 37. I’m beginning to wonder if the couple didn’t intentionally decide to go on a last adventure to a location they were familiar with.

It would seem the odds would be stacked against them to always be driving the exact opposite direction of their home. My thoughts are with the family members who are dealing with the uncertainty of just not knowing. They can’t have simply disappeared.

AURORA, Neb. —
The search for a missing Aurora couple is garnering national attention.

Bob and Loveda Proctor have been missing since mid-January.

And now a volunteer search and rescue team has joined the efforts. The crew has helped to solve 26 missing-person cold cases since 2019.

The team is committed to staying in Nebraska until the Proctors are found.

It's called 'Adventures With Purpose,' and they have a YouTube channel with more than 2.8 million subscribers.

One of the Proctor's granddaughters says she and a cousin reached out for help and got a response from the search team a week later.

Now they've been in Nebraska since Saturday.

Pictures show the crew searching bodies of water over the weekend.

Fleming can't say where they're looking but that they're checking all bodies of water.

She says although they couldn't be more grateful, it's hard to come to terms with what searching water means.

"But it's a terrible thought in your head to consider the fact that they maybe did go into a water source and didn't come out," said Fleming.

But the family hopes these experts can be the ones to bring them the answers and closure they've been looking for.

"They said that they are not going to leave until they find them, until they're able to clear every water source around here that is a possibility," said Fleming.

If you see the Proctors, you are asked to call 911 immediately.

The family asks that if you see them searching with Adventures With Purpose, you watch from afar, as this is a delicate situation.

For more information on Adventures With Purpose, click here.

More at link

AURORA, Neb. —
The search for a missing Aurora couple is garnering national attention.

Bob and Loveda Proctor have been missing since mid-January.

And now a volunteer search and rescue team has joined the efforts. The crew has helped to solve 26 missing-person cold cases since 2019.

The team is committed to staying in Nebraska until the Proctors are found.

It's called 'Adventures With Purpose,' and they have a YouTube channel with more than 2.8 million subscribers.

One of the Proctor's granddaughters says she and a cousin reached out for help and got a response from the search team a week later.

Now they've been in Nebraska since Saturday.

Pictures show the crew searching bodies of water over the weekend.

Fleming can't say where they're looking but that they're checking all bodies of water.

She says although they couldn't be more grateful, it's hard to come to terms with what searching water means.

"But it's a terrible thought in your head to consider the fact that they maybe did go into a water source and didn't come out," said Fleming.

But the family hopes these experts can be the ones to bring them the answers and closure they've been looking for.

"They said that they are not going to leave until they find them, until they're able to clear every water source around here that is a possibility," said Fleming.

If you see the Proctors, you are asked to call 911 immediately.

The family asks that if you see them searching with Adventures With Purpose, you watch from afar, as this is a delicate situation.

For more information on Adventures With Purpose, click here.

More at link
Really good news that this group is dedicated to finding them. But like their granddaughter, I fear a sad outcome.

Kudos to AWP - great group that helps so many.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313