MI - Active shooter at Michigan State University. Fatalities Reported. 13 Feb '23

Have they released the victims' identities yet?
Not yet, just that the surviving victims are all in critical condition, and four required surgery and one did not.

ETA - LE have not yet identified the three victims who were killed on campus during the shootings.

Last edited:
Wow I wonder what the motive was?
We have absolutely no idea what the motive was at this point,” MSU Police Interim Deputy Chief Chris Rozman said early Tuesday.

McRae “had no affiliation to the university — he was not a student, faculty or staff, current or previous.”

“I know everybody wants to know what the motive is. We don’t have an answer right now, that’s the honest truth,” Rozman said of the “heinous” attack.

We have absolutely no idea what the motive was at this point,” MSU Police Interim Deputy Chief Chris Rozman said early Tuesday.

McRae “had no affiliation to the university — he was not a student, faculty or staff, current or previous.”

“I know everybody wants to know what the motive is. We don’t have an answer right now, that’s the honest truth,” Rozman said of the “heinous” attack.

He doesn't fit the usual profile for the perpetrator of such a crime, IMO.

He doesn't fit the usual profile for the perpetrator of such a crime, IMO.
He’s male. That much fits the mass shooter profile. But not a young white male, as often seen in school shootings.

The number of mass shootings is rising so quickly that the profiles are expanding. Look at the recent California mass shootings, both perpetrated by older Asian males.

He’s male. That much fits the mass shooter profile. But not a young white male, as often seen in school shootings.

The number of mass shootings is rising so quickly that the profiles are expanding. Look at the recent California mass shootings, both perpetrated by older Asian males.
Oftentimes the shooter has a connection to the location of the shooting. With the evidence currently available it appears he has no such connection.

I have thought the very same thought. The profiles are expanding exponentially.

I am employed at MSU’s “rival” college. We are having a vigil for MSU tomorrow on our campus. My heart is warmed by the gesture but so saddened by the circumstance. Between this and the Oxford High School shooting 14 months ago, it’s been a tough year for many Michigan families.

Sounds like he had no friends, no spouse, no kids and was pretty severely isolated..
His mother died 2 years ago and his dad says he’s been bitter ever since. His brother who hasn’t seen him since Mom’s funeral is in shock and “never in a million years” did he see this coming from his brother.

the suspect did have various weapons charges and seemed to like shooting a semiautomatic in his father’s back yard

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back