Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed> Would have been a quick abduction to abduct somebody within about twenty minutes. i am however certain that foul play has occurred in this matter, but somebody she either was acquainted to or a stranger who had been stalking her for some time and knows the area well.

Somebody that will have had to lure her away and knew they had little time to do it in. Dog already off harness/lead at the time and phone advised to be left on the bench to avoid tracking

Last edited by a moderator:
It is scary how something can happen in such a short space of time. However, my theory is that something quite sinister has happened and I have a theory which I don’t know whether or not I can bring to light on here.
Share your theory but just be sure you say "in my opinion" or "just my opinion" or some such so it is clear it is purely supposition and not meant to be factual unless you can endorse it with a link.

That's one of the first things they would have done.

The press release said they were investigating her social media this morning….and that is why she might look like she has been online today and this was nothing to be concerned about.

I was adding information to someone’s question - I’m not sure what your reply is about?!

The key might be the welfare check by police and health workers who were called to the house before she went missing.

"Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.
I think it's significant that they have spoken to both Paul AND the family so should have a fairly rounded view of the situation.

What if she just wanted to get away from everyone and everything.. couldnt face coming home to husband.. Jan welfare
Call freaked her out … scared someone might call welfare again ..I dunno but the more we hear …sounds like she was not in a very good place … and none of it makes sense… husband talking about wedding plans.. against a backdrop of someone calling for a welfare check …we really really don’t have anywhere near the full picture

Im sure you can share your theory with no problems
I do believe that a third party was involved, somebody she was acquainted with or a potential stranger that had been stalking her in recent weeks/months. The reason I see this is because they would have had to know the area very well, know her steps, potentially been watching her Facebook page etc. could have been a client who became overly fascinated/obsessed with her. They (one or more people) could have approached her at the bench and lured her away. The phone would have been left on the bench by Nicola as I doubt the person who took her will have touched anything. Abducters know phones are tracked and they will have seen the phone as she always had the phone out on display. They knew they would have had little time, but she/they will have left through the gate or wherever didn’t have CCTV. Maybe that person knew where there were cameras and assessed the area many times before. If it is an abduction it is highly sinister and will be premeditated/planned/calculated. You might ask why the dog didn’t follow or how come she didn’t scream etc but this person could have been making threats etc towards her or even her family/children. She then went away quietly with this person, not making a scene. Dog may not have followed because maybe Willow hadn’t noticed and was too busy playing etc at the time or maybe the person who potentially abducted her scared off the dog. Spaniels are not known to be dogs that stereotypically “attack” and could have even met this person on dog walks before..who knows?

What if she just wanted to get away from everyone and everything.. couldnt face coming home to husband.. Jan welfare
Call freaked her out … scared someone might call welfare again ..I dunno but the more we hear …sounds like she was not in a very good place … and none of it makes sense… husband talking about wedding plans.. against a backdrop of someone calling for a welfare check …we really really don’t have anywhere near the full picture
I don’t believe we’re entitled to the full picture.

And they will have the police report of what happened in the house that night
Yes, and in my opinion it would be interesting to know what things were like in the hours and days before Nicola left the house that morning and if anything that happened the night before or that morning was the specific trigger that prompted or instigated her going missing. I feel so sorry for the girls.

I do believe that a third party was involved, somebody she was acquainted with or a potential stranger that had been stalking her in recent weeks/months. The reason I see this is because they would have had to know the area very well, know her steps, potentially been watching her Facebook page etc. could have been a client who became overly fascinated/obsessed with her. They (one or more people) could have approached her at the bench and lured her away. The phone would have been left on the bench by Nicola as I doubt the person who took her will have touched anything. Abducters know phones are tracked and they will have seen the phone as she always had the phone out on display. They knew they would have had little time, but she/they will have left through the gate or wherever didn’t have CCTV. Maybe that person knew where there were cameras and assessed the area many times before. If it is an abduction it is highly sinister and will be premeditated/planned/calculated. You might ask why the dog didn’t follow or how come she didn’t scream etc but this person could have been making threats etc towards her or even her family/children. She then went away quietly with this person, not making a scene. Dog may not have followed because maybe Willow hadn’t noticed and was too busy playing etc at the time or maybe the person who potentially abducted her scared off the dog. Spaniels are not known to be dogs that stereotypically “attack” and could have even met this person on dog walks before..who knows?
Theoretically all possible but less likely than accidentally or intentionally ending up in a very cold body of water. Sometimes the simplest explanation (albeit with a whole life story behind it) is the most likely.

The key might be the welfare check by police and health workers who were called to the house before she went missing.

I work for a mental health service that works quite closely with the police and we frequently request welfare checks for people. Usually this would be in a scenario where we have concern that a person either a) has intent to harm themselves, or b) is at risk of harm by others. If we believe that the person is likely to have already come to harm in some form, we would contact the ambulance service rather than the police. It's not particularly likely that a welfare check would result in the police considering to section someone (as I have seen some other people suggest). Obviously I have no idea if this applies to NB or the way that the Lancashire Police operate.

Share your theory but just be sure you say "in my opinion" or "just my opinion" or some such so it is clear it is purely supposition and not meant to be factual unless you can endorse it with a link.
In addition, victim's family is NOT allowed to have accusations made against them per WS rules. I'm so frustrated at this point the number of new posters who try to do so. The family are victims too.

Last edited:
I hope they have released the alcohol/menopause/recent welfare check so that people in the community can come forward with any concerns they’ve witnessed without fear that they’d be “tarnishing” NBs memory or offending PA at this difficult time.
JMO

Can't it also be possible that Willow was tied up in her harness and left by the bench with the phone, but was able to wriggle out of the harness? My dog was able to get out of her harness. Then, whatever the scenario, Willow could not have followed NB. JMO obvs.

I work for a mental health service that works quite closely with the police and we frequently request welfare checks for people. Usually this would be in a scenario where we have concern that a person either a) has intent to harm themselves, or b) is at risk of harm by others. If we believe that the person is likely to have already come to harm in some form, we would contact the ambulance service rather than the police. It's not particularly likely that a welfare check would result in the police considering to section someone (as I have seen some other people suggest). Obviously I have no idea if this applies to NB or the way that the Lancashire Police operate.
thank you for your input. (Love it when we get some experts on, cause I don't know enough about how these procedures work. We had a couple of paramedics on earlier, but their posts are way back on the last thread somewhere but one of them gave us an example of Leicester's ' triage car'. Link attached. )

The link

Where welfare checks are being carried out in England, could this also involve Social Work (we are in another part of the UK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member