Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the police officer, Becky was very clear in her wording.

She said: “Just to be clear on further digital enquiries, there is further work that we have been doing on NIcola’s social media this morning which might show NIcola has been online.”

The police officer is saying that digital experts have discovered that Nichola may have been on social media since she disappeared.
no.
It meant police are working on her social media accounts again.
Viewers would assume she had altered it herself.
Police are saying there is no need to call us re this.

With regards to the police incident on the 10th, a member of the safeguarding team at the school should have been informed through Operation Encompass. There may well have been other consequences too, such as social services involvement, and I would imagine many people know about the alcohol issues, IMO.

On another note, as a 40-something woman, I am very uncomfortable with them releasing such personal information. It's not going to help them find her three weeks later. It's not going to help her daughters. They could have said she was "vulnerable" from the very beginning and left it at that.

My post, three posts above yours
see what you think . Plausible?

All very sad for me this.

From watching the BBC news just now the reporter Danny Savage added there was a decent tide at time of her probably entering the river which would've been enough to get past the weir.

I suspect she's long been in the sea, hopefully not lost forever.

Of course people can mask MH/personal issues but just wondering if she wanted a career break and that got refused/delayed at work and that might've been a further trigger.

I think her vulnerabilities were kept quiet up until now because it's nobody's business. If she was found alive then she could try to get her life back on track without the whole world knowing her struggles. The other potential causes of her disappearance have been and still are being explored but perhaps everyone close to her feels that it's time to reveal what they probably know in their hearts is the real cause of her "vanishing." Either in the water, or hiding somewhere. My feelings are that she is in the water and it was her own choice. Can't they block the river in sections and drain bits to be sure she's not caught up in whatever debris is at the bottom of a river. I think the family may be holding onto hope that she has taken off and is hiding in someone's barn or empty shelter. But it's been too long for that now. My heart goes out to Nicola's family and loved ones and I do hope they find closure soon.

Unless there is obvious abuse, children aren't taken off parents that quickly. Parents are given lots of chances to improve their behaviour
Sometimes too many chances, with tragic outcomes. But thats another topic. But I agree, it takes alot to reach this stage and theres much involved before executing this, not a one off call.
My parents are foster carers.

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it removed> Would have been a quick abduction to abduct somebody within about twenty minutes. i am however certain that foul play has occurred in this matter, but somebody she either was acquainted to or a stranger who had been stalking her for some time and knows the area well.

Somebody that will have had to lure her away and knew they had little time to do it in. Dog already off harness/lead at the time and phone advised to be left on the bench to avoid tracking
The police have stipulated that they do not believe any third party is involved.

What is more, no one could lure a woman away from sitting on a bench whilst listening to a work call on her phone, then lure her away leaving behind her dog who always followed her, and casually leave her phone on the bench when she was listening into a work meeting.. That scenario was ruled out long ago and the police have impressed upon people that this didn’t happen.

All very sad for me this.

From watching the BBC news just now the reporter Danny Savage added there was a decent tide at time of her probably entering the river which would've been enough to get past the weir.

I suspect she's long been in the sea, hopefully not lost forever.

Of course people can mask MH/personal issues but just wondering if she wanted a career break and that got refused/delayed at work and that might've been a further trigger.
There were perhaps a number of 'triggers' that led to what happened on that Friday. Hopefully she is found soon.

So with the police releasing the bizarre information about "alcohol and the menopause" they are basically trying to point to "she was drunk and fell in the water and got carried out to sea". Right?
I don’t see it that way and I don’t share the outrage about sharing “personal information” in this context either.

This could be my own bias with my own drinking problem, which I freely acknowledge. But the fact is that serious alcohol abuse introduces a level of chaos and odd behaviour in people’s lives that may not be there otherwise, and may not make sense to everyone else, especially those of us at a distance from it all.

It seems like this information was going to be leaked so the police disclosed it. What it means is that Nicola probably sometimes didn’t act like an entirely sober and clear-thinking woman of her age might do in a particular situation. Of course, the drinking could have nothing to do with her disappearance at all, but it might well be relevant and that is fair to acknowledge.

No, the police officer, Becky was very clear in her wording.

She said: “Just to be clear on further digital enquiries, there is further work that we have been doing on NIcola’s social media this morning which might show NIcola has been online.”

The police officer is saying that digital experts have discovered that Nichola may have been on social media since she disappeared.
I took it to mean that while the police were looking at and working on NB's FB page, it might appear to any onlookers that Nicola herself was online, but that it was actually the police. The SIO then went on to say that because of this, people shouldn't contact the police thinking that they had witnessed Nicola herself online.

I agree and as there are always two sides to a story, we don’t know what could have been going on that led to these events and her going missing.
That’s a good point. I thought the terminology of “past” issues with alcohol interesting since it’s clearly current. Maybe there’s more historically.

She makes it clear she is pre-emptively telling the public there will be activity on her accounts that look just like her using it but it is the Police doing it all as they have full access.

Would the police really have full access to all her social media accounts?
Surely there is still the right to privacy?

Going missing shouldn't give the police the right to have full and unfettered access to everything.

Whatever incident happened on Jan 10th probably has some connection IMO. I can perhaps imagine a call from PA being made to the police reporting NB was drunk and threatening to end her life, as young kids were present and she had serious mental health issues they took extra support from mental health workers. I have been in a domestic abuse situation involving alcohol and the police were called with a child present - social services were not involved. Unless she tried to harm anybody in the house that day (other than herself) I think they would just try and refer her for councelling and help rather than any legal or socialwork. Her employer also probably would not be aware unless it was a criminal matter and even if she was an alcoholic they would have to offer support. I am late to this so apologies if this has been discussed already. I don't think she is in the river though MOO

Of course we all know this happened now with what's been released in last few hours.

Interesting though within two weeks she was closing a high pressure mortage deal with a client. Of course people can mask personal issues in the workplace but surely her work knew about the allegations?

Guess she'd have had a leave of absence if she'd actually been charged. I'd be interested what understanding of her issues her boss had.

The Police said today referred to the information provided by PA when he contacted them re her vulnerabilities and them deeming her high risk. <modsnip: not victim friendly>
Please don’t blame PA for not going with her that morning.

My husband & I take it in turns taking our children to school - what’s the point in us both going?? One can be getting on with work.

Having worked in MH services alcoholics don’t have their children taken away later on. If there’s danger they’re removed into foster care immediately. Not left to continue to live with and be taken to school by car alone by the “dangerous mum”.
She could be just as likely to have been on the receiving end of any violence and have been getting close to walking away. Maybe “her mortgage” was literally her mortgage and she was looking into moving out. JMO and all supposition but just as likely as NB being the perpetrator of violence.
Also becoming violent after being gaslight and provoked is common in DV scenarios with manipulative narcissists. It’s called reactive abuse. I’m not suggesting any of the above has happened. I really don’t know.
But the suppositions can work either way.
I have a feeling more will come to light soon enough.
JMO
I'm not saying I disagree with your post generally, however a school mum here recently was reported after turning up stinking of alcohol to a party and then driving home. The child was very much still in her care six months later, all be it with the presence of other adults.

Sometimes too many chances, with tragic outcomes. But thats another topic. But I agree, it takes alot to reach this stage and theres much involved before executing this, not a one off call.
My parents are foster carers.

I sincerely hope it has improved in the last 20 years because my experience of MH services and the Police when it came to "safeguarding" me as a child was they were a bunch of jokers who did nothing even when an example of it literally (in the case of MH services) happened while they were in the house.

(Not that I'm saying there has been DV in this situation)

JMO

Lots of speculation on here about a possible domestic assault on 10/01. The police went out on a concern for welfare call and state no one was arrested. Had there been DV involved there would have been an arrest that day. I work for a police force and that is routine for a DA case. The fact there wasn’t means it was genuinely a concern for welfare/MH episode/suicide attempt. A PPN (safeguarding) referral would have been done at the scene which gets sent to GP, school and CSD if children are involved.
Its also true that victims of DV cover for their abusers.
Not saying this is the case here but in response to your facts. A non arrest does not mean theres no DA.

This has been a strange case from the start. Of all the things that don't make sense, here are a few that stick out to me and are relative to todays revelations:

The night before NB goes missing, she was at home, and to paraphrase, her parents said she fine and in good spirits, happy about a new client etc This was reported in the papers.

PA says, to paraphrase again, that he does not believe NB fell in the river and that someone in the village knows something. This was reported in the papers.

To paraphrase again, NB friend says that NB would never leave her kids.

So, even with todays revelations with regards to alcohol problems and why NB was designated high risk/vulnerable from the outset, cool, but it still makes no sense.

Despite the Jan 10 incident, whatever happened, nothing seems to indicate that anyone close to NB suspects that it is likely that NB has disappeared of her own volition, or that NB was at such a low point mentally that she wanted to end her life, as per the suicide theories, or voluntarily entering the river. PA words about someone in the village knowing something, combined with other things that NB social circle have been saying, indicates to me, at least, that the majority consensus is that foul play and 3rd party are involved.

IMO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member